Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Zoness posted:

Sounds like someone doesn't already have a relic weapon for every configuration! Slacker!
Hi, welcome to Goon Squad. Here we get every relic cleric weapon known to existence. Oh, you're a warrior?:commissar:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Seems like there aren't many warriors in goon squad. Wonder why...

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Thumbtacks posted:

Seems like there aren't many warriors in goon squad. Wonder why...

Vandee steals all the warrior loot, saying he needs it but really just to shard it for his horrible dreaming star addiction.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Kreczor posted:

Hi, welcome to Goon Squad. Here we get every relic cleric weapon known to existence. Oh, you're a warrior?:commissar:

We had one run where like 3 cleric weapons dropped. OTOH I've seen 1 cleric wand drop vs like 50 guns.

Tip for new 60s, if you want to run great hunts or strongholds (you probably do) join CrossEvents@Faeblight and CrossRaids@Faeblight for big cross shard raids and occasional pugs.

StumblyWumbly fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Nov 2, 2013

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Kreczor posted:

Man it took me 8 months to get my hammer that I no longer use okay.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Kreczor posted:

Take me with you. I still need my relic tank 1h/shield so I can can have all relic weapons for all specs.

The Age of Decay
Mar 17, 2005

I am good at computer,
I'm in as Amenra.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Machai posted:

Take me with you. I still need my relic tank 1h/shield so I can can have all relic weapons for all specs.

Who said anything about cleric tanking relics? All we get is rogue tank guns.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Eltoasto posted:

Was kinda planning on leveling my Warrior up to 60 this weekend, but now thinking I should hold off until the 2.5 changes go in. Will the sub 60 builds be getting increased power?

sub 60 builds and especially pvp will be a lot more interesting i think, mainly because of hte changes to turn the blade. warriors will be able to have a 1 second gcd in any build by putting 8 points into paragon, which will let you mess around with builds a lot more. i would say at 60 with some of those burst cooldowns warriors will effectively be godtier in pvp. however after the patch tempest is going to be loving awful to play, it feels like total garbage and the rotation(s) are clunky and slow. i like tempest in its current form because you can just do buff/ability priorities instead of memorising a lovely rotation, but ailion changed that, and 2.5 tempest with a 1sec gcd will power starve faster than paragon without voj/LE.

Grittykitty
Aug 10, 2004
Sand makes it scratchy
Soiled Meat
I've really wanted to spend some time playing my warrior but every time I look at specs and see a 20 skill rotation, I just don't bother.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Grittykitty posted:

I've really wanted to spend some time playing my warrior but every time I look at specs and see a 20 skill rotation, I just don't bother.

A lot of those are really only like 5 buttons though.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

deimos posted:

Who said anything about cleric tanking relics? All we get is rogue tank guns.

We haven't gotten one of those (rogue one is a bow, also Reggie instead of Crucia, which is a whole different barrel of utter garbage).

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

How many Angers have you guys gotten?

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Machai posted:

How many Angers have you guys gotten?

0 Maelforge kills. Had like 7-8 Stingers from Twyl though.

Daerc fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Nov 2, 2013

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Yay just hit 60!
Now, what? Some goons told me to do conquest, and I'll try it just to see what it is, but I'd rather focus on PvE.

On that note, which rep should I level first? I got a quest reward for the first lvl 60 chronicle and it's a scroll that vies 300 rep with any faction, but I don't know which one to choose. I'm a rogue if that matters.

Also, since I'm reading about just one raid group, I'm guessing EU goons are poo poo out of luck raid wise, unless we can play at ungodly hours, right?

edit: Oh! And are those support specs in the OP still up to date, for rogues?

Grittykitty
Aug 10, 2004
Sand makes it scratchy
Soiled Meat

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Yay just hit 60!
Now, what? Some goons told me to do conquest, and I'll try it just to see what it is, but I'd rather focus on PvE.

On that note, which rep should I level first? I got a quest reward for the first lvl 60 chronicle and it's a scroll that vies 300 rep with any faction, but I don't know which one to choose. I'm a rogue if that matters.

Also, since I'm reading about just one raid group, I'm guessing EU goons are poo poo out of luck raid wise, unless we can play at ungodly hours, right?

This should answer a lot of questions.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/general-discussion/378262-one-level-60-guide-updated-2-3-a.html

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Hugoon Chavez posted:

The bard/tact hybrid is out of date, I think 61 bard is the norm for bard now. The full time rogues can elaborate further though.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Yay just hit 60!

For rep, you want to get either Caretakers or Survivors up to Revered so you can buy a 150% mount for 1k plat. Most folks have this done by the time they hit 60, unless you skipped all questing. Next, you'd like to get everything up to Honored so you can get runes, which isn't that bad if you do crafting dailies. Big priority is to get Torvan and Lycini up as high as possible, because then you can buy better essences. There's a Torvan quest line that starts in TB, and that line gives some decent rep and opens up a daily to do Great Hunts for extra IS and rep. There's also a daily in Dendrome where you do 3 Strongholds for 1k Torvan rep. Dendrome events also give an extra 1k Torvan. The CrossEvents@faeblight channel usually has a GH or SH group going at any time.

Try to run some random experts. Experts have a lot of mechanics, so speak up if things are new, but a lot of goon squad outgears experts pretty well. You get marks to buy gear, and there's some good drops. Experts are effectively the only place to get good trinkets. I think Rogues want Deathly Toll from Archive.

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
Don't spend the money on a 150% mount. Buy a rex with plat and then buy the mount, it's way cheaper. e: no idea how much a rex is atm since the AH is dogshit and I haven't had money to buy one in a month or two, but a 150% mount is 700 credits without patron. Even at 1250p, a rex is still a 30% savings over paying plat.

As far as reps go:

Torvan and Lycini are critical, but also very easy. If you get in a Lycini farm group, you can get Venerated in a matter of hours. Torvan is a little tougher, but Great Hunts and Strongholds and the like all give Torvan rep.

Even post rep change I'd recommend using your writs etc. on the Dendrome (Emp. Alliance/Achyati/Hailol) reps. They're still the hardest to level, even though high level crafting dailies give you a decent amount of rep. Hailol is the least important of those three, as the Glorified rune is only a tiny upgrade over the Lustrous that you can use otherwise (unless you're a tank).

Survivors and Eternal City should be near maxed if you do all the storyline quests, so don't worry about them too much.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
after some pts parsing tonight i think riftblade might be my new favourite build. 1sec gcd plays like a dream, it's twitchy, and i'm having a lot of fun with burst synergy. it's a shame it parses less than paragon so i'll only ever play it on salvarola or ultane but it's definitely the most fun i've had with riftblade.

Man vs Child
Mar 21, 2004

by Ralp
I'm on Deepwood as Mewpydoo, looking for an invite

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Just a reminder for people who haven't used it or have forgotten about it. Don't input 0 for a weight in the calculator on Riftscene, it assumes you mean whatever stupid default they have set up for them. If you want a stat basically ignored, just put in .00001 or some similarly tiny number.

As for what those default values are? I only checked rogue tank, but they were 1 for secondary stats (deflect, dodge, parry), 1 for armor, .75 for DPS stats (str, dex) and .1 for endurance. The only case where the default for a 0 input is 0 is resist all.

This is really only relevant for tanks, but god drat that's an impressive oversight on their part.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Thanks for the help, goons, and thanks specially to (IGN) Rolle, who crafted a couple of epics and gave me tons of advice.

Last night I actually managed to hit 301 hit after buying a few cheap enchants and some gear. I'm ready to suck at experts now! I'm running Hunter, since I'm guessing melee needs a bit more gear so its a little more durable, and Hunter is pretty fun and up until now I've been top dps even against some dudes with epics.

And as for the 150% mount, I'm TWO loving CREDITS away from buying the spider, so I guess I'll drop 5€ to actually get that and be left with some cred for something else.

Also, Conquest sucks, Trion should fire the guy that came up with that.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Also, Conquest sucks, Trion should fire the guy that came up with that.

They may very well already have.

quote:

Last night I actually managed to hit 301 hit after buying a few cheap enchants and some gear. I'm ready to suck at experts now! I'm running Hunter, since I'm guessing melee needs a bit more gear so its a little more durable, and Hunter is pretty fun and up until now I've been top dps even against some dudes with epics.

For the purposes of most experts there's no unavoidable damage that is melee-only. I'd recommend going melee in them as often as possible to cut your teeth on melee barring running melee in Unhallowed Boneforge if you're scared.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Nov 4, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Only bosses where I just don't melee are the last two Boneforge ones. I wouldn't recommend meleeing in Archive without a good tank and/or healer and a decent HP pool. Apart from that everything is melee friendly.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

KaneTW posted:

Only bosses where I just don't melee are the last two Boneforge ones.

Man up and melee them :getin:.

Plus I mean with phantom blades can we really call harb a melee spec? I wish my melee spec had 50% uptime on disconnects!

Zoness fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Nov 4, 2013

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Zoness posted:

Man up and melee them :getin:.

If you have a mage with AP the last boss in BF is hilariously meleeable.

I would recommend against melee on manslaughter simply because tanks don't care about mines (and will sometimes explode them by running through them) and you're expected to live through a few if you're running melee (need ~18K hp to live through them comfortably).

Dispatches_
Dec 21, 2004
Thank God Almighty We Are Free At Last
Just started on Deepwood, character name is Doublepump

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
Work continues to conspire against my free time, and I cannot make it again tonight. Kill the eggs or something new for me!

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
How do I get more hit? I'm currently stuck at 396, can't find any items on AH and already have 53 hit on my 1handers, bow, helmet, gloves and rings.

Are there hit runes for stuff that isn't 2handers?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Datasmurf posted:

How do I get more hit? I'm currently stuck at 396, can't find any items on AH and already have 53 hit on my 1handers, bow, helmet, gloves and rings.

You should have: 53 hit on weapons, ranged, head, gloves, your 2 rings, neck. That's 8 pieces of 53 hit, or 424 hit. If you can spare the credits, get a summerfest ring (if those still exist) and/or autumnfest ring. Those are 65 hit.

You should not have to hit rune at all until T2 content.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Datasmurf posted:

Yeah, there's hit runes for head and feet legs and 1handers too, which should tide you over if you can't get to 400 before you need to hop into a raid.

The mats for those are kinda rare now though.

vvv I'm tired okay :argh:.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Nov 5, 2013

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Zoness posted:

Yeah, there's hit runes for head and feet too, which should tide you over if you can't get to 400 before you need to hop into a raid.

The mats for those are kinda rare now though.

You can solo old experts now so as long as you have high enough Runecrafting you can easily farm most of the mats yourself. Only thing I see being a problem is the dust but you can just downgrade any higher level dust to get it.

Hit runes exist for 2h, mh/oh/ranged, helm and legs. I have not seen any for feet though.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
:siren: Gear for new 60s :siren:

You can get great crafted gear for the following slots crafted: Rings, Belts, Weapons, Helm, Seal, Neck (for warriors?)

When you get crafted gear, you'll want to add an augment. Augments are also crafted, and get added to other crafted gear to boost 1 or 2 stats. So you can make a Greathelm with no augment, or an Enlighted Greathelm with some kind of Enlightened augment that adds Wis and SP or something.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

StumblyWumbly posted:

:siren: Gear for new 60s :siren:

On that note, how do sinergy crystals work?

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Hugoon Chavez posted:

On that note, how do sinergy crystals work?

You need 2, 3, or 4 pieces of special armor to get a crystal to work. Lowest level is Gilded, which you only get from expert marks or IS. You get 2 pieces of Gilded armor and a synergy crystal, and you get a bonus. Get 4 pieces, and you get the level 2 and level 4 bonus.

The next tier is from T1 raid gear, either upgraded drops or gear you buy with a ton of marks. T1 synergy pieces have a different name for each class (Qil's for clerics). There's also T2 synergy poo poo now, too.

Synergy crystals are mostly class dependent, like you get an extra 50 SP when you use ability X. Some are much better than others.

You buy synergy crystals with IS, and you need to upgrade the Gilded level to get the T1 level.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
The raid rings are the easiest raid gear to purchase. At only 9k slayer marks, it takes 23 days of experts without patron or 15 days with patron token potion. I don't know how many slayer marks you get with the treasure map and patron's token potion.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

You get
2000 ESM from T1 20mans
1000 ESM from T1 10man
1200 ESM from Dendrome raids
2800 ESM from 7x experts

and some other stuff from chronicles that I don't remember.

With a 40% pot, 20% patron+guild bonus that's 12k marks a week if you raid, and 6800 if you don't.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Folks don't talk about the open world raid bosses much any more because their loot got reduced, but there are 3 weekly raid quests from a corgi in Hailol for open world bosses. You can usually find a group Wednesdays on the crossraids@faeblight channel. They give 400 Marks, 50 FES, 1k Torvan rep, about 1k IS, and a chance at an epic or legendary.
Folks try to get 3 raids together to take the boss on, nobody checks gear, and it can get pretty ugly. Kaaz'Ra is the absolute worst, but the other two aren't bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

SlayVus posted:

The raid rings are the easiest raid gear to purchase. At only 9k slayer marks, it takes 23 days of experts without patron or 15 days with patron token potion. I don't know how many slayer marks you get with the treasure map and patron's token potion.

That really doesn't seem easy :psyduck:

As for gear, there should be plenty of people able to help out in guild and I have some useful (mostly warrior) recipes I can make and ship to deepwood with one of my alts/mules.

It shouldn't take more than a day of being 60 to be ready to raid FT. A day being about 12 hours in game assuming that you get good dungeon groups and some help through crafting.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Nov 5, 2013

• Locked thread