Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Amused to Death posted:

So that story 60 minutes ran with that Benghazi 'witness' who was in fact found to be lying, I guess they're doubling down on it?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/11/03/1252878/-60-Minutes-doubles-down-on-Benghazi-fibber

Pretty sure that CBS owns the company publishing his book, but I'm sure that has nothing to do with it. :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Phone posted:

I touched the poop and got re-tweeted by a bunch of conservative hacks. How will I ever live with myself?

https://twitter.com/KurtSchlichter/status/397587589110067200

I did the same thing, I learned that millenials are The Real Bigots for not wanting evangelical Christianity imposed on them politically.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

While I've heard the hand wringing about Christianityreligion being outlawed by liberals this is the first I've read that millennials will be screwing themselves by doing so. I'm curious how people that supposedly hate religion so much that they want to destroy the Constitution to mess with it are going to hurt by that.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Dear Rightwing Media,

Please please start calling out millennials as a generation. I can't think of anything cooler for this white man than being considered an honorary member of the League of Leftists.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Miltank posted:

Dear Rightwing Media,

Please please start calling out millennials as a generation. I can't think of anything cooler for this white man than being considered an honorary member of the League of Leftists.

They're definitely in the beginning phases of just this. Even without bellweathers like that op-ed, "brosurance", and a complete disconnect from their acceptance of gays it's not that difficult to predict the GOP going all in on spiting any section of the voting public it's not currently winning.

They literally campaign against compromise, it's not that far of a walk to figure out what that means for any voter who needs some leeway on gays being inhuman scum.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Nov 5, 2013

Venusian Weasel
Nov 18, 2011

Radish posted:

While I've heard the hand wringing about Christianityreligion being outlawed by liberals this is the first I've read that millennials will be screwing themselves by doing so. I'm curious how people that supposedly hate religion so much that they want to destroy the Constitution to mess with it are going to hurt by that.

Spoken like a true, latte-sipping godless commie liberal. Of course we're gonna be hurting for it...in the [i]afterlife[i]!

This is likely the real thought process behind statements. That amd they worry the removal of Christianity from public life will lead to a decay of moral and ethical values, so we'll be hurting from it in this world too. Think of all the crime people will commit when there's no fear of consequence in this world or the next!

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Foxnews.com has something about a zombie uprising and some very questionable captions right now. Looks like they may have been hacked or maybe someone's just drinking on the job.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Screenshot and links for those of us on the app?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

TheQat posted:

Foxnews.com has something about a zombie uprising and some very questionable captions right now. Looks like they may have been hacked or maybe someone's just drinking on the job.

Huh, it's showing as normal for me :iiam:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
And it's gone, nuts.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

DARKIES ARE TRYING TO DESTROY YOUR COUNTRY, gently caress YOUR MOTHER, AND SELL DRUGS TO YOUR SON. ARE YOU GONNA LET THAT HAPPEN? GOTTA TAKE THIS COUNTRY BACK. More after these messages.

*Are you angry? Do you feel like the world just isn't the same anymore? For only 39.99 you can buy Doctor gently caress You's patented sugar pills to address all of your mental problems."

Where can I buy these miracle pills that the government won't tell us about, Sean?

Vriess posted:

I recently did the drive from Baltimore to Pensacola, so I finally got to listen to the likes of rush, hannity, and levin over my 15 hour transit.

My condolences.

Spacedad posted:

In particular, those gold scams that keep running relentlessly.

Left wing shows run them constantly too. It's loving weird.

Eponymouse posted:

I love finding out what conservatives consider "liberal".

This. My conservative friends and family members are shocked to learn that I don't consider Barrack Obama to be far left wing, or even left wing at all.

I also love the whole "conservatives don't care what you do in your own bedroom" angle. Where did you loony liberals ever get such a crazy idea?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I'm pretty sure I've heard far more obsessive discussion about Miley Cyrus and twerking from people old enough to be my parents than I have from people of my own generation. Almost none from the latter, in fact.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Dr Christmas posted:

I'm pretty sure I've heard far more obsessive discussion about Miley Cyrus and twerking from people old enough to be my parents than I have from people of my own generation. Almost none from the latter, in fact.

I'm nearing 30 and I've heard exactly one person in my peer group talk about it in a non-ironic way.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

TheQat posted:

I saw that when it happened. I can't believe someone intelligent enough to hack Fox News and edit anything that wanted didn't have anything funnier than a zombie joke and a "Stuff yo" to put up. Really disappointing.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

limeincoke posted:

I saw that when it happened. I can't believe someone intelligent enough to hack Fox News and edit anything that wanted didn't have anything funnier than a zombie joke and a "Stuff yo" to put up. Really disappointing.

It was likely not a hack and just a layout test that accidentally went live somehow.

Kieselguhr Kid
May 16, 2010

WHY USE ONE WORD WHEN SIX FUCKING PARAGRAPHS WILL DO?

(If this post doesn't passive-aggressively lash out at one of the women in Auspol please send the police to do a welfare check.)
I watch a lot of Fox News, so I can tell you all about those liberals...

Dr Christmas posted:

I'm convinced this is just a way to be smug while indulging in your lust for a young woman.

Like a lot of hated pop-stars, Cyrus' critics quickly became way more annoying than she could ever be. And she's not particularly annoying, though I might just be liking her out of spite at this point.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Kieselguhr Kid posted:

I'm convinced this is just a way to be smug while indulging in your lust for a young woman.

Evidence: http://www.eonline.com/news/445324/miley-cyrus-voted-most-cheat-worthy-celeb-see-who-else-made-the-list

Say what you want about whatever else she does but whoever is steering the boat is an extremely saavy media manipulator and she has a zillion dollars without actually loving anyone on camera. Wish I could do it.

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

whatis posted:

I'm imagining a parody account named KurtShitchter that doles out sick conservative burns and ends ends every message with #fetchmylatte

You gotta say it like self-made man Jesse Pinkman though. "Fetch my latte, BITCH!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Here's a fun little on location report:

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/11/05/gun-cultures-burning-man/196735

quote:

Most of the many thousands of blueprints for sale at the Shoot -- old Army manuals for M16 maintenance, recipes for homemade bullets of every conceivable caliber -- can be described as ideologically neutral. The same cannot be said for those sold by the lady from Smithton (who refused to give her name, but let's call her Blanche). Her stapled pamphlets each contained cryptic forewords about government mind-control and the need to "advance our culture." For sale among them were spiral-bound copies of white-power manifestos and neo-fascist fantasy fiction, including a samizdat edition of The Turner Diaries, an influential skinhead classic by the neo-Nazi leader William Pierce. I was reading a page from the Diaries when Blanche returned with the change on my purchase of "Plastique Explosives: Composition C and Cyclonite Base With Various Plasticizing Agents." With all the nonchalance of a barista mentioning a new latte, she delivered her pitch on fertilizer bombs.

"You know," she said, "if you're interested in plastics, you might like the one my son's just putting out now." I followed her nod toward a gangly teenager in braces arranging the display of a tract titled, "Kitchen Improvised Fertilizer Explosives."

The business card on the table advertised "WWII German Memorabilia," but there was little for the collector at Knob Creek. Its presentation mostly featured items that looked like they had just come from the factory: crisp swastika patches, reflective SS stickers, Wehrmacht Eagle t-shirts, hoodies with Panzerdivison and Afrikakorps insignia. Across the aisle from both the neo-Nazi gear and the Tim McVeigh bookstore, two women in pink t-shirts offered $10 off annual memberships to the NRA.

Is there any actual logical explanation why things like this aren't a scandal for folks like the NRA? Or why right wing media is allowed to consider every fart someone they don't like lets go as some kind of tortured sign of Nazi resurgence when there are people who are explicitly part of their team having Nazi dress up conventions?

I'm not saying stop them or that they're doing anything illegal but I look at that place and wonder what our nation would (rightfully) say if Fox News caught the AFLCIO was recruiting next to booths full of domestic explosives manuals and Nazi memorabillia. It doesn't make any sense. If we're going to accept that the NRA is just like that and it's free speech then why the gently caress would anyone let them dictate policy? Why won't someone just shove this in their face everytime they try and do something nationally. You don't even have to look like a LIBERAL GUN GRABBER, just say "look I'm willing to have a debate about guns, I'm not willing to have it with someone who thinks those guns should be culturally tied to neo-nazism and people who instruct future timothy mcveighs"

It's incredibly frustrating.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Nov 6, 2013

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Here's a fun little on location report:

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/11/05/gun-cultures-burning-man/196735

Is there any actual logical explanation why things like this aren't a scandal for folks like the NRA? Or why right wing media is allowed to consider every fart someone they don't like lets go as some kind of tortured sign of Nazi resurgence when there are people who are explicitly part of their team having Nazi dress up conventions?

I'm not saying stop them or that they're doing anything illegal but I look at that place and wonder what our nation would (rightfully) say if Fox News caught the AFLCIO was recruiting next to booths full of domestic explosives manuals and Nazi memorabillia. It doesn't make any sense. If we're going to accept that the NRA is just like that and it's free speech then why the gently caress would anyone let them dictate policy?

They control the narrative and have an extensive propaganda network.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Monkey Fracas posted:

They control the narrative and have an extensive propaganda network.

So did Mitt Romney but he still got called on calling 47% of people in the nation shiftless mooches. That can't be much worse than the mix of politics and shittiness going on at things like this.

If we're going to accept that the NRA is just like that and it's free speech then why the gently caress would anyone let them dictate policy? Why won't someone just shove this in their face everytime they try and do something nationally. You don't even have to look like a LIBERAL GUN GRABBER, just say "look I'm willing to have a debate about guns, I'm not willing to have it with someone who thinks those guns should be culturally tied to neo-nazism and people who instruct future timothy mcveighs"

It's incredibly frustrating. I really can't accept that people just tune out when you tell them "The NRA is advertising right next to Nazi memorabilia".

I'm not even saying the NRA shouldn't be allowed to go to bat for those people, but they should be held accountable for doing so.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Nov 6, 2013

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Intel&Sebastian posted:

So did Mitt Romney but he still got called on calling 47% of people in the nation shiftless mooches. That can't be much worse than the mix of politics and shittiness going on at things like this.

If we're going to accept that the NRA is just like that and it's free speech then why the gently caress would anyone let them dictate policy? Why won't someone just shove this in their face everytime they try and do something nationally. You don't even have to look like a LIBERAL GUN GRABBER, just say "look I'm willing to have a debate about guns, I'm not willing to have it with someone who thinks those guns should be culturally tied to neo-nazism and people who instruct future timothy mcveighs"

It's incredibly frustrating. I really can't accept that people just tune out when you tell them "The NRA is advertising right next to Nazi memorabilia".

I'm not even saying the NRA shouldn't be allowed to go to bat for those people, but they should be held accountable for doing so.

Fair point, but that was also something said by a presidential candidate during a presidential election- also known as "when even normal people pay attention to politics".

It's also hard to get any traction when the person doing a horrible thing is of little consequence- even if their views are indicative of the community they are a part of in general it can be very easily dispelled by saying "Oh well look at that ONE crazy person. It's just ONE crazy/despicable person, I don't see what the big deal is." It is pretty frustrating that nobody really gives a poo poo even when someone actually goes out and does the required research/reporting to bring things like this to light.

That or just nobody sees it because no major news organization will touch a story that might be vaaaaagguuueeeelyyy partisan, even if it's the goddamn truth. Because they are apparently big babies and are scared of Fox News and Rush Limbaugh, you see.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Because much like opposing the state of Israel makes you anti-Semitic, opposing the NRA, no matter what they do, makes you a gun grabber and turns a huge media machine against you.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.

Dr Christmas posted:

To me the more surprising thing from the Miley Cyrus whatever-it-was was the part about how music videos are apparently still enough of a thing with MTV for them to have an awards show. Obsessing over one of the performances was kind of burying the lead as far as I'm concerned. I know zero people in real life who gave a poo poo about Twerkgate, and if it hadn't popped up on the internet I wouldn't have even known about it.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Fair point, but that was also something said by a presidential candidate during a presidential election- also known as "when even normal people pay attention to politics".

It's also hard to get any traction when the person doing a horrible thing is of little consequence- even if their views are indicative of the community they are a part of in general it can be very easily dispelled by saying "Oh well look at that ONE crazy person. It's just ONE crazy/despicable person, I don't see what the big deal is." It is pretty frustrating that nobody really gives a poo poo even when someone actually goes out and does the required research/reporting to bring things like this to light.

That or just nobody sees it because no major news organization will touch a story that might be vaaaaagguuueeeelyyy partisan, even if it's the goddamn truth. Because they are apparently big babies and are scared of Fox News and Rush Limbaugh, you see.

There's a reason conservative pundits hate being called Nazis. It comes a little too close to being true.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
It just tells you what people are really worried about. Are they worried about fat Nazis who spend all their time at gun and knife shows? History has shown the answer to be no. Even the Oklahoma City bombing didn't cause people to worry about right-wing terror.

It's tied up with race and identity and who is perceived to be an outsider. A million Alex Jones nutwads can go on shooting sprees and nobody complains because every white man is an island unto himself. He struggles alone against the forces of tyranny, as it was since pioneer days. If he freaks out and goes on his own private little Whiskey Rebellion, well it's tragic, but it's all in the interest of keeping the powers-that-be honest isn't it? After all you can only push the little man so far. But if the terrorist or dissident is ethnican outsider, it's "who is he with? Did he act alone? Will they invade us?"

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

It makes me wonder how different things would have been if it was a right wing militia that committed the violence on 9/11. I think the focus would have been on failed security and understanding the "misguided perpetrators", as opposed to an instant thirst for vengeance and declaration of war on a movement.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Rush Listeners:

Do the testimonials and reviews of Rush Revere that Rush has been reading on the air seem a bit...shitthatdidn'thappen.txt to you? I'm not sure if the reviews are bullshit, or it's just hearing them in his voice. :v:

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
He read one today that was basically 'I went to the LIEberal bookstore where they scowled at me whenever I decided to pick up the latest Mark Levin or Sarah Palin book. I was surprised to find your book prominently displayed at the front of the store, and nearly sold out!" I am inclined to believe it is total bull but then I think about the crap Rush says every day. Rush's entire existence is predicated on feeding off of the fear and paranoia in people, so I could see how Jane Conservative could waltz into a bookstore and just imagine up a scenario where she will be persecuted for her choice in reading material. Likely the woman strolled into the bookstore and picked up a copy with little incident, but in her mind she was being watched by the snooty liberal elitists.

Rush has been giving out audio copies of his book as prizes to callers that please him lately. I seem to recall at least 2 teenagers calling in to the show last week and all of them received an audio copy on top of their paper copies, which they of course just cannot put down. The book is so well written! Even mom is reading it!
Of course during all of this magnanimous charity Rush takes the time to point out just how happy he is with the audio book because he got to read it. The guy really is a narcissist at heart, yet it is not one bit ironic to him that he labels Obama a narcissist.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

bobservo posted:

I know Townhall is absolute garbage, but they just posted their obligatory MILENNIALS article and it reads like a loving parody of the Conservative mindset:

http://t.co/C4xLrLFtsK

"Enjoy your student loans, Millennials! We tried to tell you that it was a Democrat scam designed to subsidize liberal academia by allowing you to go into decades of crushing debt to pay for a bachelors in Ancient Guatemalan Gender Identity Issues."

This. Right Here This. Rick Santorum said something similiar along the lines of education in this piece:

quote:

“President Obama once said he wants everybody in America to go to college. What a snob.”

Do these idiots honestly believe that one can get a job out of high school without a college degree in today's america? Do they think that every class is literally taught by Noam Chomsky and his "minions"?

The GOP is so out of touch with the problems that millennials face as a whole it's not even funny.

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Nov 6, 2013

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

FuzzySkinner posted:

Do these idiots honestly believe that one can get a job out of high school without a college degree in today's america? Do they think that every class is literally taught by Noam Chomsky and his "minions"?

Of course they don't. They're not dumb, they're evil. The survival of the party/media machine is completely reliant on their constituents remaining as uneducated as possible. Painting education as liberal brainwashing keeps them good and stupid and buying into the conservative bullshit. If they went to school they might learn how hosed up the system is and how the people oppressing them are rich white assholes and not poorer minorities.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 212 days!

Miltank posted:

Dear Rightwing Media,

At last, the hole that finding out how regressive gamers are left in my heart can be filled.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Spacedad posted:

Santorum posted:

If you're low-income ... in many states you can qualify for Medicaid, you can qualify for food stamps, you can qualify for housing assistance, and that's not if you're in poverty. That's if you're above the poverty line. And so you have all of the children growing up in an environment where government is paying you, and then we wonder why do these kids feel they're entitled to so much?

:suicide:

I am sick of hearing this 'entitled generation' poo poo. Between this, that "Marriage isn't for you" meme going around, and other poo poo, I am seriously tired of hearing all of these stuck-up holier-than-thou assholes preaching about the feelings of entitlement for this generation. I'm not even in this generation (:corsair:), but I'm tired of it getting bashed for not measuring up.

Marriage and Divorce rates have fallen as this generation grows into the old standard marriage age, because the kids aren't marrying for the sake of appearance, church, god or society. It was their parents who had the highest divorce rates. Kids today -at least, those who aren't pressured by their parents/church/society- don't rush blindly into marriage, so they don't get divorced at the same rates as their predecessors.

As for their feeling entitled, what is it exactly that these people think the younger generation feels entitled to? A decent paying job? A reasonable standard of living?

Maybe if they didn't go through the 'boot-straps' 'build yourself up from nothing' 'follow our life-plan for guaranteed success' 'American Dream' bullshit their whole lives only to get through all of the school grind just to find themselves having to work multiple unpaid internships for the sake of getting an :airquote: Entry-level :airquote: job that requires ten years of experience and still doesn't pay enough to cover all of the Investment in your Futureeducational debt they accumulated in good faith by following the system promised them by the assholes who cut education left and right while outsourcing non-service-sector jobs over the last 30 years, they wouldn't come across as so 'entitled'. Maybe if they'd actually gotten anything but screwed after following the system that they heard their whole life was the Real American Way, they wouldn't have such a bad attitude towards it.

:argh: loving old rich right-wingers need to shut the gently caress up.

Sorry for the derail and :downswords: rant, I've just been reading too many of these :corsair: kids today :corsair: things this week.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

My Q-Face posted:

Maybe if they didn't go through the 'boot-straps' 'build yourself up from nothing' 'follow our life-plan for guaranteed success' 'American Dream' bullshit their whole lives only to get through all of the school grind just to find themselves having to work multiple unpaid internships for the sake of getting an :airquote: Entry-level :airquote: job that requires ten years of experience and still doesn't pay enough to cover all of the Investment in your Futureeducational debt they accumulated in good faith by following the system promised them by the assholes who cut education left and right while outsourcing non-service-sector jobs over the last 30 years, they wouldn't come across as so 'entitled'. Maybe if they'd actually gotten anything but screwed after following the system that they heard their whole life was the Real American Way, they wouldn't have such a bad attitude towards it.

They always portray the American College Student as some Che Guerva t-shirt wearing strawman who works at Starbucks. It's never the person going to the college of business (sup), the person getting a degree in nursing, the person looking to become an elementary school teacher, the engineer..etc

The idea of the cost of tuition doesn't ring true with them, nor does the fact there are people who have to go out and do "internships" unpaid for several months at a time to break into their field of work.

The Right Wing/Tea Party has such a bleak out look for the country as well. They offer no solutions in terms of job creation, and how to move the economy forward.

How are you supposed to recruit joe college kid with a message that they currently have? You can't.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
No, it's alright because this whole "entitlement" generation isn't this one, it was the last one where states and federal governments subsidized college tuition so you could do a minimum-wage summer job and pay for it instead of being in crippling debt forever.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

FuzzySkinner posted:

They always portray the American College Student as some Che Guerva t-shirt wearing strawman who works at Starbucks. It's never the person going to the college of business (sup), the person getting a degree in nursing, the person looking to become an elementary school teacher, the engineer..etc

The idea of the cost of tuition doesn't ring true with them, nor does the fact there are people who have to go out and do "internships" unpaid for several months at a time to break into their field of work.

The Right Wing/Tea Party has such a bleak out look for the country as well. They offer no solutions in terms of job creation, and how to move the economy forward.

How are you supposed to recruit joe college kid with a message that they currently have? You can't.

"You are better then everyone else, all those poor people are poor because they suck compared to you and your taxes are there to support their inferiority"

This is how they catch the College republicans.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

FuzzySkinner posted:

Here's the one the always stick out for me re: RW/TP. There's a lot of bitching and finger pointing, but rarely any reasonable solutions thrown in. WORK HARD is really their only input - but how hard can you work? I work 40+ hours every week and it is impossible to work harder and my pay is not predicated by how hard I work or don't work.

We're not cranking out piecemeal fabrication items where we get paid for each widget we produce.

A republican-style Tax Cut will not help me get ahead in life, and this seems to be their only solution.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

My Q-Face posted:

As for their feeling entitled, what is it exactly that these people think the younger generation feels entitled to? A decent paying job? A reasonable standard of living?

Their view is that this generation feels entitled to high salaries, good food, medical care, and a big house WITHOUT the work. As in, the belief is that this generation complaining about not having jobs and adequate income is proof that they're just too lazy to go out and work. It's just their worldview. The un/under employed are so because they're lazy. It can't possibly be because of a global economic recession or the world economy almost being tanked. It can't possibly because increased automation has eliminated jobs by the million. It can't possibly be because the view of family farms with local help have been replaced by massive factory farms. It doesn't matter that things like typists have been replaced by computers. People without jobs are just lazy. They need to go out and look for jobs harder.

Which is absurd. There aren't jobs enough for everybody. There are only so many jobs to go around. There are more people that want a job than there are jobs, which leaves millions unemployed by default. Those millions can't just bootstraps a job into existence.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I want to put this here because I've never seen it. It's quite long but it's Bill O'Reilly debating John Stewart and perfectly demonstrates the differences between people who watch FOX and those who watch The Daily Show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPqXIfDYlZg

I'm about 1/3 of the way in but it seems pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The Rumble was pretty good, if ultimately pointless. Plenty of good laughs at least.

The whole thing could have ended on Stewart's first line. "My opponent is full of bullshit."

I would have been more than happy if he bowed and walked offstage right there. I think my favorite part is the patronizing cards that Bill O had made up. "Bush is gone." :wow: