Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tkytko
Jul 15, 2007

"Hisui-chan~, it seems a few things broke."

"... Nee-san, please refrain from cleaning again."

Just a reminder that it's Nnovvember already, get to work on those Vic Vipers! :)
Here is the flickr group 2013 submission thread.

I ordered these trans-pink fin things a few months ago just for this, and a quick lay out is giving me strong tropical fish vibes.

Though I tend to deviate quite drastically from any initial plans as I build, so we'll have to wait to see how this turns out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Hell yeah Nnovvember, even though i haven't really had the time or been in the mood for working in LDD lately this might get me going again, it did last time :haw:

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Tkytko posted:

I ordered these trans-pink fin things

Which set are these things from ? they look cool. I am looking forward to seeing your final ship.

Tkytko
Jul 15, 2007

"Hisui-chan~, it seems a few things broke."

"... Nee-san, please refrain from cleaning again."

mitochondritom posted:

Which set are these things from ? they look cool. I am looking forward to seeing your final ship.

They are actually only found in one Belville set.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Tkytko posted:

They are actually only found in one Belville set.

Haha oh lord, to bricklink I shall go then. I have a serious lego fetish for the aquatic style bits and bobs, but I think I might just have to let that set slide.

riversarl
Nov 11, 2012
Official reveals of the Lego Movie lineup

http://www.lego.com/en-us/movie/products/products/70803
http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=84753&st=450#entry1733891

These look great! Unlike Time Twisters there appears to be a unifying theme for a lot of the sets - build a 'normal' vehicle and a battle vehicle from the same boxed set - which fits right in with the creativity theme of the movie. Although somewhat ironically instructions are probably provided: a purist Lego Movie set would just be a bucket full of random pieces :angel:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The design on those is awesomely chaotic.. straight out of a kid's tub of bricks.

Love that they're using more of that azure blue too.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Digital War posted:

It's a fake image, but the lineup may well be real (a repeat of the London Olympics minifigs).

Huh.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

This is perfectly ridiculous.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Arrrrrgh matey I'll be having all yer pirate mechs

Is what I'll say at the lego store when these come out before being thrown out by security

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Oh, that's just the movie, so it's going to be a flash in the pan crazy thing. I thought it was some brand new theme, which would be amazing.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

SlothfulCobra posted:

Oh, that's just the movie, so it's going to be a flash in the pan crazy thing. I thought it was some brand new theme, which would be amazing.

I'm fairly sure there's going to be a few lines of movie sets.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

gently caress, i need to own that firetruck mech, like now. Holy poo poo it has blue flamey bits for the water! Those aren't available in a lot of colours are they?

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

AzMiLion posted:

gently caress, i need to own that firetruck mech, like now. Holy poo poo it has blue flamey bits for the water! Those aren't available in a lot of colours are they?

They've appeared as light blue, green, orange and purple (mostly orange of course).

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That firetruck and the garbage truck are must-haves. I keep loading that thread to look at them and they get more awesome each time.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I love the "crazy stuff built from what looks like regular sets" theme. That garbage truck chomper is amazing.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

el burbo posted:

I love the "crazy stuff built from what looks like regular sets" theme. That garbage truck chomper is amazing.

It's 2 in 1 as well, so you can build a regular garbage truck from the same parts too.

Also here's some information on ordering a replacement Flux Capacitor brick for the BTTF set;

https://legocuusoo.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/226962-information-about-the-back-to-the-future-set-flux-

PriorMarcus fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Nov 6, 2013

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

PriorMarcus posted:

It's 2 in 1 as well, so you can build a regular garbage truck from the same parts too.

Also here's some information on ordering a replacement Flux Capacitor brick for the BTTF set;

https://legocuusoo.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/226962-information-about-the-back-to-the-future-set-flux-

THANK GOD. No joke, this has been bothering me ever since I got that set.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ahahah the bad guy looks utterly ridiculous.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Minifigures collection for the Lego movie revealed
http://www.lego.com/en-us/movie/products/products/71004

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

The rear end Stooge posted:

THANK GOD. No joke, this has been bothering me ever since I got that set.

That misprint will be worth $$$$ in 10 years.

Digital War
May 28, 2006

Ahhh, poetry.
Weird, so that image of the minifigures was actually a Lego produced one. I was sure it was another fake like the original Olympics one due to the lower quality.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

PriorMarcus posted:

Didn't even notice that was misspelled because the font is literally made for fleas. Ordered anyways, I'll sell my misprinted brick for $1000 in 10 years if anyone wants it.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
There is not one movie set that I do not want.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
I know right. Gonna need a bigger house.

For UK peeps some good deals on Amazon at the moment including Craggers Command Ship for 50% off.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Nnovvember is here, and after scrapping a good 10 or so concepts for design I'm finally working one something good I think. just need to keep the part count sensible and the build techniques physically possible as a self imposed challenge. Heres a progress shot of what i got so far.

Anyone else participating in Nnovvember? apart from those who already posted?

tactical_grace
Oct 18, 2004

General Contact Unit
(Escarpment Class)
Also for UK peeps: Argos have "3 for 2" on all toys (including Lego) at the moment.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

That film looks better and better the more I see of it. I wonder how much money they had to throw at whoever to make Batman that much of a silly character, he's great. Although he's pretty daft in the Lego game too. Silly Batman is the best. :allears:

Also that pirate mech has a shark on its fist.

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!
I honestly can't tell which is better: Knight Pod Racer, Shark Cannon, or Police Gators (Cop-a-diles).

Dr. Benway fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Nov 6, 2013

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Amazon UK has gone crazy at the moment. Loads of good sets 40-50% off. Stuff like the Passenger Train down to £53. Some of the coast guard stuff, a couple of smaller Star Wars sets and even some bigger ones like the AT-AE a few odds and ends around 40% off. About a dozen Friends sets 40%. I picked up some Chima stuff for my kid. But am really tempted to get some more. A lot of this is really new as well. The Chima Lion temple only just came out in the UK and it's 40% off.

I don't pimp my site so much because I'm not on SA much these days, but you can get a quick list of everything on http://brickbadger.com

tactical_grace
Oct 18, 2004

General Contact Unit
(Escarpment Class)
I think Amazon UK is price-matching the Argos 3-for-2 deal. I got a couple of the City road baseplates today for my kid to drive his Duplo cars on.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Gravy Jones posted:

Amazon UK has gone crazy at the moment. Loads of good sets 40-50% off. Stuff like the Passenger Train down to £53. Some of the coast guard stuff, a couple of smaller Star Wars sets and even some bigger ones like the AT-AE a few odds and ends around 40% off. About a dozen Friends sets 40%. I picked up some Chima stuff for my kid. But am really tempted to get some more. A lot of this is really new as well. The Chima Lion temple only just came out in the UK and it's 40% off.

I don't pimp my site so much because I'm not on SA much these days, but you can get a quick list of everything on http://brickbadger.com

You run brickbadger? Thanks for that rad site-- even though it makes me wish I had tons of more money to drop on Lego :[

Also, if you're associated with BrickFanatics, thanks for the Monster Fighter vehicle contest, and general Monster Fighter love in Oct. It's probably one of my favorite sets and it is what got me back into Lego, and I hope that the increased focus on it on your site goes some small way towards making Lego think of releasing new sets.

Plus I super wish I had the time to complete my Zombie Yeti's Rocket Bobsled for the contest but work got busy!

jeeves fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Nov 8, 2013

Rathina
Jan 8, 2001
What's the smallest set that comes with the brick separator tool? We are on an extended vacation, and I only packed some of the legos, and silly me forgot to pack the tool. Unfortunately no Lego store within driving distance. Hoping I can find a cheap set at ToysRUs or somewhere.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The BttF delorean comes with it? That's only $35.

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones
Bought the lego Star Wars calendar for £16.66 from Amazon this morning, price is back up now. Tesco direct have Jabbas palace at £80 and Anakins pod racer at £53 which is quite a bit cheaper than Lego.com

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Begging request time! Does anyone (preferably in the UK) have a spare minifig Afro in black they'd be willing to send me? I'm making a minifig of someone for their birthday/Christmas and I could have sworn blind I had one somewhere.

I was looking in the minifig bins at the Lego store in Orlando, but they don't really do many hair pieces now at all. :(

Anyone willing to be extremely charitable, hit me up on doctorwhosecretsanta <at> gmail <dot> com. Thanks!

MaggieTheCat
Nov 7, 2010
Target also has a Christmas train polybag besides the TMNT minifig one.
Not a bad little train for three bucks.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rathina posted:

What's the smallest set that comes with the brick separator tool? We are on an extended vacation, and I only packed some of the legos, and silly me forgot to pack the tool. Unfortunately no Lego store within driving distance. Hoping I can find a cheap set at ToysRUs or somewhere.

You probably have teeth in your head. Kick it old school and put some bite marks into yr bricks.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Rathina posted:

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Bricks-More-Brick-4626/dp/B005VPRDBS/

Fourteen bucks. Even if you don't find that tub, you can get it in two days via Amazon Prime.

Although if you have Prime, you can buy the Separator for around $5, so there's that. Just seems worth it to buy the tub for $8-9 more, and get more Legos.

Red fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Nov 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Hit the Craigslist gold this afternoon, came away with;
Friends sets: 3061, 3942, 3065, 3187, 3183, 3934, 3932, 3315, 41007, 41008, 3184, 3188
SpongeBob: 3818, 3815
City: 4927, 4431
and a bunch of various Castle, Police and random Lego sets tossed in and a few sweet big plastic tubs all for $80. All the sets came with instruction books and it looks like it is going to take me a week or so just to sort through all the bricks into color piles, so I can get to work re-assembling all the sets. I like the friend set designs but I hate the mini figures, going to have to replace them with the normal figures that Lego makes, pretty excited over all, I got a bunch of new toys to play with.

Also can anybody identify this set?

Not sure if that is the right mini-fig but that is what was in the car.