Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

glug posted:

I love that I'm a big fan of Tom Waits, that quote really sounds like it could be Tom Waits lyrics, and I can't find it anywhere because I'm kind of sure it's made up.

https://twitter.com/Philippe_Hugs/status/396234185360154624

Oh my God

"Mr. Bear was asleep and I looked at his face for a long time. I feel bad about it. I shouldn't have looked at his face without him knowing...... THEY MAKE MARSHMALLOWS YOU CAN SPREAD ON STUFF!"

Perfect kid thoughts :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Jerusalem posted:

Oh my God

"Mr. Bear was asleep and I looked at his face for a long time. I feel bad about it. I shouldn't have looked at his face without him knowing...... THEY MAKE MARSHMALLOWS YOU CAN SPREAD ON STUFF!"

Perfect kid thoughts :3:

I remember marshmallow fluff blowing my mind as a little kid.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

@Philippe_Hugs posted:

Lyle ate the air out of a balloon and talked like Mickey Mouse! But like if Mickey Mouse knew a weird joke about a carrot and some lotion.
That may be one of the best descriptions of Lyle ever.

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.
According to Teodor's twitter Bensington Butters is visiting at Ray's place. Have we seen him since he was turned into a jump dancer with sexually enhanced trousers?

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
Yaay! I'm Teodor's 2000th follower.

Yeah, I know. Nobody cares. :smith:

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Teodor probably does. :unsmith:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I need a Ray twitter. Come on, Onstad. You can never update the strip again as far as I'm concerned if you make a great Ray twitter.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Is there a solution to viewing the alt-text on mobile devices?

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

Max22 posted:

Not as yet.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Max22 posted:

Tomorrow's recipe: chicken.

JessKay
Oct 16, 2011

Max22 posted:

Kinda sorta, but with the caveat that you need to figure out how bookmarklets work on your specific device, and that's frequently awkward in either the adding or using stage - on Chrome for Android in particular it requires that you give bookmarklets a sufficiently unique name to be able to show up in the auto-suggestions for the omnibar, because going straight to the bookmarks list to use one does jack poo poo.

Anyway, if you're on a device where you *do* know how to do that (or can find out), then a bookmarklet such as this one ought to do the trick.

Hope that helps!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Man, I got all excited that it was New Achewood Day, but the site says no strip til tomorrow. I hope this isn't the start of another strip-that-never-comes issue.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Man, I got all excited that it was New Achewood Day, but the site says no strip til tomorrow. I hope this isn't the start of another strip-that-never-comes issue.

A one day delay with warning is not really similar to months of wordless absence.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

A true gently caress you Friday.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

It begins.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I believe in Chris Onstad.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Well I believe in a thing called Love. Just listen to the rhythm of my heart.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Atmus posted:

Well I believe in a thing called Love. Just listen to the rhythm of my heart.

Huh. I never even knew what the second line was. I always just sing "I believe in a thing called love/*super high voice* doop dubbadubba dubbadubba dub"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Red text sez we'll get a new strip tomorrow.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

THE END IS NIGH! THE DOWNWARD SPIRAL BEGINS! THIS NEW ACHEWOOD WAS NAUGHT BUT A STILLBORN CORPSE ANIMATED BY STRINGS TO MOCK US!

*rings giant bell*

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

FirstPersonShitter posted:

THE END IS NIGH! THE DOWNWARD SPIRAL BEGINS! THIS NEW ACHEWOOD WAS NAUGHT BUT A STILLBORN CORPSE ANIMATED BY STRINGS TO MOCK US!

*rings giant bell*

This has happened before, and so shall it happen again.

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.

Shaddap you!

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

OK you guys are gettin sad as hell about what tomorrow may bring but listen here, I put 2000 flushes in my toilet today. I got a good feeling about tomorrow. I can just tell, tomorrow already rocks.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
When you think about it, every web comic is always on hiatus.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Philippe_Hugs posted:

Téodor is going to get my bumper sticker idea printed for my car! "I MIGHT AS WELL BE KISSIN' AND HUGGIN' SOMEONE!"

What a cute kid, somebody give him a six hundo.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

OK you guys are gettin sad as hell about what tomorrow may bring but listen here, I put 2000 flushes in my toilet today. I got a good feeling about tomorrow. I can just tell, tomorrow already rocks.

God bless the baby angel that is in charge of days like today.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Pakled posted:

I believe in Chris Onstad.

You can do whatever you want in life.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
How much did this cookbook cost, anyway?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The bear waxes lyrical in a new comic.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

The alt text in this one is particularly good.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

This wouldn't be a bad comic to end Achewood on.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I remember somebody once saying that dogs have so sense of past or future, only an eternal present, and so they howl when you leave because they're alone and always have been and always will be, and they're excited for your return because you've always been with them and will never leave.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jet Jaguar posted:

The alt text in this one is particularly good.

I enjoyed the comic but the alt text was that little extra needed spark to really make me feel it. :)

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

RZApublican posted:

This wouldn't be a bad comic to end Achewood on.

You people are more depressing than an achewood hiatus.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
Could someone post the alt-text for us iOS readers?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Toebone posted:

Every dog, a little Buddha with a supper dish.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
:siren:NEW STRIP:siren:

C'mon, we gotta follow protocol. This strip was hell of depressing, but in a good way.

Seems like he found Cornelius' voice again.

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010

Toebone posted:

I use this little bookmarklet thing on my iPad. It works well enough.
http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20100404045906105

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Yeah there was definitely something off about Cornelius even back in May and June. I just recently reread the mini arc where Nice Pete takes Philippe to the Secret Ice Cream Shop and noticed the car Cornelius drives there. A Mini Cooper with custom compartments for fine spirits is so much more a Cornelius kind of car than that frankly ridiculous 1910's probably-Ford T. That just seems like trying too hard.

Don't get me wrong, Cornelius probably is the kind of guy who owns a Ford T in excellent condition but it's stashed away somewhere safe and not his daily driver that he breaks out when Ray ran away from hospital and he has to help find him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satan!!!
Nov 7, 2012
What does 'decades of French Ticklers and Spanish Fly' refer to?

So happy that this is back every week now.