Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eddain
May 6, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Honestly? They could probably use her dance background and throw some capoeira into the fight scenes.

I hope Oliver gets to explain to Laurel where Sarah has been all this time.

"I found her at a European dance contest."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

TheChad posted:

Wait Barrowman music video? How did I miss that... :(

I assume they mean this:
http://telly.com/CKD1QB

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

CW sets... :)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Not this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTRbB3hgmik

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

qbert posted:

Don't forget Summer Glau was a professional ballet dancer.

I wonder how often one Gets Served on that set.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

zoux posted:

I wonder how often one Gets Served on that set.

Next time Amell does a Q&A somebody has to ask him this.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

qbert posted:

Has this been posted yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP02lfoCZ0c#t=25

Because I didn't realize Caity Lotz was this awesome.

And with that, you can see why She's Black Canary... and she's officially now the female Amell.

she throws down. Kudos + 217354
Edit: Officer Landry on Death Valley, wow didn't recognise her at all... she owns, mad martial arts skills too.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Nov 6, 2013

Pringles_School
Jul 24, 2013

VDay posted:

The reason they hired a new actress is because the one they hired for the pilot/season one wouldn't have been in the show until now (you know, because they planned it that way) and it would've been dumb to actually hire her on a long-term contract to not have her do anything (and pay her) for most of a season.

And just because a character comes back from the dead doesn't automatically make it a retcon, especially when we don't even see her actually die. If you thought that Sara was dead for good and her coming back is a twist so crazy that they obviously didn't plan it from the beginning then you must not watch a lot of TV, because I'm pretty sure most people saw this coming from Day 1.

Well it was more like a 50/50 chance. I doubt most people saw the last season finale coming.

I do think they planned for this though.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

muscles like this? posted:

The CW has announced another DC comic show in development, this time its Hourman but instead of the regular comic book version of the character (Rex Tyler, a chemist who creates Miraclo which is a drug that gives him superpowers for exactly one hour) they're giving him the ability to see one hour into the future.

They already did this for an episode of Deep Space 9. It doesn't really need to be done again.

I have really mixed feelings about the thought of them adding superpowers to this show. It doesn't need it, it does just fine as its own little Nolanesque piece of deliciousness. Which is so strange considering I went into Arrow thinking what a shame it was that they weren't making a Smallville spinoff with Justin Hartley. (Oh god how much worse would that have been than what we ended up getting.)

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

The Lord Bude posted:

They already did this for an episode of Deep Space 9. It doesn't really need to be done again.

goon.txt

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

I don't understand? Do goons dislike DS9? I thought it was the best Star Trek series by far, am I supposed to hate it?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Torrannor posted:

I don't understand? Do goons dislike DS9? I thought it was the best Star Trek series by far, am I supposed to hate it?

I think it has more to do with implying that an episode of Star Trek Deep Space Nine is somehow the be-all-and-end-all of any given sci-fi or fantasy concept.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I would be fine with superpowers in Arrow. As long as it's not the be-all end-all.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Rocksicles posted:

Edit: Officer Landry on Death Valley, wow didn't recognise her at all... she owns, mad martial arts skills too.

I always forget her name, but yeah she's loving rad as hell. And I hope she stays on the show.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Error 404 posted:

I always forget her name, but yeah she's loving rad as hell. And I hope she stays on the show.

They need to do a reverse switch, in that Laurel is the one who dies off and the current Black Canary is now the sole surviving sister from their family.

If anyone has to die at all, that is. But it seemed like you all have said it was bound to happen regardless.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't even care about chemistry. If Dinah Laurel Lance isn't Black Canary then that sucks.

New 52 is bad enough.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Drifter posted:

They need to do a reverse switch, in that Laurel is the one who dies off and the current Black Canary is now the sole surviving sister from their family.

I would approve of this, so far Luarel sister is just so much better than Laurel.

"It was all my fault!" Yes, yes it was.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Aphrodite posted:

I don't even care about chemistry. If Dinah Laurel Lance isn't Black Canary then that sucks.

New 52 is bad enough.

The show has no obligation to stick to the comics like that. Hell, has the name "Dinah" even been mentioned on the show?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

hcreight posted:

The show has no obligation to stick to the comics like that. Hell, has the name "Dinah" even been mentioned on the show?

It's Laurel's middle name.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

hcreight posted:

Yes. It's her full name and also her mother's first name.

The implication is she uses her middle name because she's named after her mother.

zoux posted:

It's Laurel's middle name.

Other way around.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 6, 2013

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Alright. Even still, the world won't end if this version of Laurel/Dinah never becomes Black Canary. Some of the show's best plot turns have come from breaking from the comics, like with the use of the Merlyns and Slade mentoring Oliver on the island.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

hcreight posted:

Very end of the first episode mentioned it.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
I'm a little behind in the thread, but the only way I can see that Hourman show working is if it was something like the adaptation of Steven King's Dead Zone show that ran for a while with Anthony Michael Hall. More of a suspense/drama thing as he tries to figure out how to change the future to fix things each episode, instead of an all-out superhero action type thing.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

WarLocke posted:

I'm a little behind in the thread, but the only way I can see that Hourman show working is if it was something like the adaptation of Steven King's Dead Zone show that ran for a while with Anthony Michael Hall. More of a suspense/drama thing as he tries to figure out how to change the future to fix things each episode, instead of an all-out superhero action type thing.

Yeah, that's what I would guess. Early Edition, the CBS Kyle Chandler show from the mid-late 90s, also had a similar premise.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

qbert posted:

Has this been posted yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP02lfoCZ0c#t=25

Because I didn't realize Caity Lotz was this awesome.

Breakdancing. The long lost art of the 1980s.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I really like the new intro voice over explaining why he stopped killing.

Flashback time!

Really like Amells fake hair.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That was a rough experience for everyone on that boat, apparently. Also what the hell Laurel on the case?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Maybe they should move to disqualify Laurel on the grounds of her being drunk.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
This is so terribly Titanic it hurts.

e: Household item tag team? Yes please. :allears:

Baronash fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Nov 7, 2013

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Oh poo poo that was loving bad rear end ripping down the awning to fight with.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Holy poo poo. That was awesome.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Man, they are not letting us catch our breath for a sec this season, are they?

arkmedes
Jun 24, 2009
Oh poo poo, this episode already owns

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Uh, so there's going to be a webisode series with Roy and Felicity?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I like the Canary coming from the boat, that's a cool "where did her name come from?"

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Where did you see this? I want to see this.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Huh? What? That would be kind of cool.

Wait why are they back at the Industrial plant?

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Nov 7, 2013

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Deadpool posted:

Where did you see this? I want to see this.

At the start of the commercial break there was a mention of a webisode series. I was only half listening so I don't know any specifics.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

New Sarah has a weird thing with her mouth and it's bugging me, other than that I like her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
What about a League composed of Assassins?

• Locked thread