Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

I'll be doing prize drawings today!

This was a terrible lie, sorry. Maybe tomorrow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I'll be sending you an email soon!

Red Shoe posted:

It's a... regional term. (Fixed)

Ha, I was just wondering! If he were green he could be a Waaugh'lud...

Mmtheblue posted:

:siren: I, Mmtheblue, Oath to paint 10 WH40k Imperial Guardsmen and 6 Wrecked Vehicle Markers for the Month of November. :siren:

KingMob posted:

November Oath

6 Reflex Servitors from Privateer Press, 28 mm

Mt. ORourke posted:

For November
I oath 5 Boomhowlers from Privateer Press

Under 15 posted:

I, Under 15, Oath the following:

Six GW Orcs
One GW Goblin
One GW Lobba

Accepted!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Leperflesh, wanted to point out that I just realized I don't have it noted that I completed a Corvus Belli model in October. (Djanbazan)

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

Speed Painting Complete!

I wish I had a better camera. Mine is so old and this little guy was a bitch to photograph. Now he's out of the way and what's more, documented properly, unlike last month.

The Impaler
Dec 28, 2011

10 Brogies
20 GOTO 10
I, The Impaler, do Oath to paint for the month of November 2013, the Testament of Menoth from Privateer Press' Menoth faction.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

The Impaler posted:

I, The Impaler, do Oath to paint for the month of November 2013, the Testament of Menoth from Privateer Press' Menoth faction.

Accepted!

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Krushgroove, would you kindly accept my oath? I'm already half done.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
Just wanted to say thanks Tad H Goonman.

I finally made it over to my parent's house and I picked up my prize. Quite the box of orky goodness. Can't wait for the codex to drop!!!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath a Shasvasti Seed-Soldier from Infinity, the Witches of Macbeth from RAFM miniatures (28mm, probably), a male Loresong Faen from Iron Wind Metals (25mm?), and a very insistent knight of unknown origin (54mm!) for the month of November.

Accepted! Sorry about that!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Signal posted:

Leperflesh, wanted to point out that I just realized I don't have it noted that I completed a Corvus Belli model in October. (Djanbazan)

OK, I got it. Good thing I didn't roll for prizes yesterday! :)

Under 15 posted:

Speed Painting Complete!

Duly credited. Sorry for making you jump through hoops!

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oathing: Wyrd's puppet bete noire, privateer press' hordes line Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew and three Blighted Nyss Legionaires.

As well as a close shot of the gobbers, who I converted to both be "blighted" and give them spiny mowhawks. I was wondering if it counted as hair even if it was made of scales.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I Counterspin oath the horses from the Khador Gun Karriage, from Warmachine, a 30mm game
My intent is to paint the horses this month, and the wagon next month.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

I Korwen oath to paint Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord from Privateer Press

edit: Does the already-on-there bitchin' stache and beard for my mini count towards the jurnal, or would I have to make his hair a little more movemberey?

Korwen fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Nov 6, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ledgem posted:

As well as a close shot of the gobbers, who I converted to both be "blighted" and give them spiny mowhawks. I was wondering if it counted as hair even if it was made of scales.

Yes, see below.

Korwen posted:

edit: Does the already-on-there bitchin' stache and beard for my mini count towards the jurnal, or would I have to make his hair a little more movemberey?

Unfortunately no, see below:

krushgroove posted:

This month’s theme: Movember! That's right, last month it was pink, this month it's all about the stubble. Or beard. Or even just hair. Paint on a moustache, stipple on a beard, sculpt a flowing mane of manlieness or in some way add hair to the facial area (or head!) of your chosen model, and you get the extra two points for the Detektuv's Jurnal!

krushgroove posted:

Like last year's similar skill challenge, the hair or beard has to be added to the model (so this works for female models as well), or you can paint on stubble on the head or face, or you can paint on a moustache in some way. Feel free to be creative with this - add a beard to a beheaded trophy, add a topknot somehow, you can even paint a feather or similar item on a tank or piece of armor.

The 'hair' can be fur, feathers, actual hair or whatever is similar - it just needs to be painted or converted/sculpted on the model where it doesn't already have hair, fur or feathers.

bolding added

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

:frogsiren:PRIZES:frogsiren:

Monthly prizes:

Dragon Forge Miniatures: $12 worth of their awesome bases shipped directly to: Dr. Clockwork!

A blister pack selected from the box sent to us from Corvus Belli goes to: Dr. Clockwork! No, he actually won it last month, so I need to reroll: the winner isFix!

A pack of Springer-Pinsel Kolinksy Sable Brushes goes to: Deanut Pancer!

FOUR sets of Games 'n' Gears double-ended brushes go to: Ledgem, Grey Hunter, Iris of Ether, and Joe_Richter!

An item chosen from several lots of game stuff from The Troll Trader goes to: TarDolphinorShark!

An item from the Detektuv's Grab Bag goes to: Monoliths!

Also for October there was some kind of prize relating to Wyrd Miniatures! I'll have to have Krushgroove remind me what the prize is and whether it's a random draw or what.

Bi-Monthly Prize:

Ineptmule's Theme Prize for September/October, £25 / $38.50 / €29.50 / AU$36.50 / CA$39.00 worth of models goes to: drgnvale (for this group of breast-cancer-fighting space marines)!

Quarterly prizes:

MiniWarGaming sends one starter set for their Dark Potential futuristic post-apocalyptic skirmish game to: Galaspar!

A starter set selected from the box sent to us from Corvus Belli goes to: TarDolphinorShark! (FYI: he is eligible for this prize in addition to a monthly prize because these are two different prize-periods, as explicitly described in the rules.)

Goon (and judge) Bachtere will paint one human-sized 28mm figure for: NTRabbit!

Goon krushgroove will make a custom piece of terrain for: Buffalo Squeeze!

Goon Manifest will select his favorite conversion from the last three months and award that goon a prize! Manifest, please get in touch with me if you need help identifying all of the converted models. I tracked it all in the spreadsheets so I can provide this for your insane amount of work you have to do convenience. Also for the first quarter too I guess?

Congratulations to all the prize winners! Corvus Belli/Infinity winners, contact me via email (my email at gmail.com), everyone else contact krushgroove!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Leperflesh posted:

Goon (and judge) Bachtere will paint one human-sized 28mm figure for: NTRabbit!

:holy: Winner! :holy:

Still figuring out what my oath this month will be, but there will be one, oh yes, even if I have to paint some of this new terrain I'm assembling right now by hand (don't own an airbrush)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

counterspin posted:

I Counterspin oath the horses from the Khador Gun Karriage, from Warmachine, a 30mm game
My intent is to paint the horses this month, and the wagon next month.

Korwen posted:

I Korwen oath to paint Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord from Privateer Press

Accepted!

And yes the Jurnal requires additional hair, fur, feathers or whatever added to the model, either by sculpting something on, gluing it on or painting it on. You can also modify what hair, fur or feathers are already on the model so it's demonstrably different (like adding length to a beard).

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

krushgroove posted:

And yes the Jurnal requires additional hair, fur, feathers or whatever added to the model

krushgroove posted:

the Jurnal requires additional hair, fur, feathers or whatever

gently caress yes, this will save me

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Woohoo! Congrats drgnvale! Email me at n.kirkby at googlemail.com to sort it out.

Also this is my obligatory reminder to TADHG that you are owed a prize. Email me you bum!

FoulWeatherFriend
Apr 10, 2006

Huh, okay...
:siren:For the month of November, I Khahdul oath to paint 3 Elysian Droptroopers from Forgeworld

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

WOW thanks Oath thread! I just sent my messages. Now to find something to paint facial hair onto.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Alright! Prize draw is done! I need to hear from these goons:
Ledgem (mailing address only)
Grey Hunter (mailing address only)
Iris of Ether (mailing address only)
Joe_Richter (mailing address only)

Fix (what you'd like from the grab bag, you're up first actually, I didn't finish talking with you about last month's selection!)
Monoliths (what you'd like from the grab bag)
Buffalo Squeeze (what sort of terrain you'd like to get!)
Galaspar (what Dark Potential set you'd like to get from MiniWarGaming)

Email me at krushgroove169 at gmail (easier for me than PMs) with your mailing addresses and if necessary your choice of prizes. Fix and Buffalo Squeeze, I already have your addresses, the rest of you if you've given your address to me previously I've deleted or can't find them;.

Khadhul posted:

:siren:For the month of November, I Khahdul oath to paint 3 Elysian Droptroopers from Forgeworld

Accepted!

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Leperflesh posted:

Also for October there was some kind of prize relating to Wyrd Miniatures! I'll have to have Krushgroove remind me what the prize is and whether it's a random draw or what.

That would be the Miss Pack mini that I've offered up as a prize!

Bachtere
Sep 25, 2005

09/13/07

Never Forget

Pillbug

NTRabbit posted:

:holy: Winner! :holy:

Still figuring out what my oath this month will be, but there will be one, oh yes, even if I have to paint some of this new terrain I'm assembling right now by hand (don't own an airbrush)

Hey, you won! Shoot me an email: nineacross at gmail so we can work out what I'm gonna be painting up for you.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
:siren: there are a few of you prize winners from October I haven't heard from :siren:

To get your prizes to you (and to get the October prizewinners their prizes) I need to hear from:
Conan the Librarian
counterspin
Dr. Red Ranger

In addition to the prizewinners I mentioned in my last post.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
ha, quote != edit

e: found something to actually edit in:
Warhammer World have put up pictures of a battle on the J'migan Bridge table that I've reserved for the 15th of December: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=11700030-gws

So this is a good time to remind all you UK goons (and anyone who wants to make the trip!) that we'll be doing a 40K Apocalypse game from 10 AM to 6 PM on the 15th of December, all goons are invited! Details are here to save space: http://hammertime40k.wordpress.com/2013/10/22/upcoming-warhammer-world-trip-apocalypse/

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Nov 6, 2013

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again

krushgroove posted:

ha, quote != edit

e: found something to actually edit in:
Warhammer World have put up pictures of a battle on the J'migan Bridge table that I've reserved for the 15th of December: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=11700030-gws

So this is a good time to remind all you UK goons (and anyone who wants to make the trip!) that we'll be doing a 40K Apocalypse game from 10 AM to 6 PM on the 15th of December, all goons are invited! Details are here to save space: http://hammertime40k.wordpress.com/2013/10/22/upcoming-warhammer-world-trip-apocalypse/

I should be able to make this, with as many plague marines as I can muster.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Galaspar posted:

I should be able to make this, with as many plague marines as I can muster.

AWESOME! We need more baddies :) (I'm a baddie, I'll have my Dark Eldar and Chaos Marines there - I'd use my 'nids as well but I don't have a proper codex and have yet to buy/sculpt a Tervigon)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Slimnoid posted:

That would be the Miss Pack mini that I've offered up as a prize!

Right, so it's just a random draw from among everyone who oathed (and completed?) a Wyrd Miniatures product, right? Just wanted to be sure about eligibility. I tracked everyone who oathed Wyrd, but I need to filter by completions and then index them and then do a draw.

Ledgem, on this page.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Leperflesh posted:

Right, so it's just a random draw from among everyone who oathed (and completed?) a Wyrd Miniatures product, right? Just wanted to be sure about eligibility. I tracked everyone who oathed Wyrd, but I need to filter by completions and then index them and then do a draw.
Actually it's a vote from all the folks who painted a Malifaux model last month, just like the Blood Angel Captain we did previously. So we'll just need a list of the folks who oathed and completed a Wyrd Miniatures model, as they're the only eligible people to vote.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

quote:

Ledgem, on this page.

Ledgem posted:

Oathing: Wyrd's puppet bete noire, privateer press' hordes line Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew and three Blighted Nyss Legionaires.

That's perfect! Scales are fine too. Accepted!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

krushgroove posted:

Actually it's a vote from all the folks who painted a Malifaux model last month, just like the Blood Angel Captain we did previously. So we'll just need a list of the folks who oathed and completed a Wyrd Miniatures model, as they're the only eligible people to vote.

Ahh, see, I thought it was something like that!

According to my records, the following goons oathed and completed a Wyrd Miniature entry in October (click to see the oath complete post):

Ledgem
ForkBanger
Slimnoid
moths
Signal
Schmetterling
Dr. Gargunza
Oxford Comma

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

I, Forkbanger, oath to paint one High Elf Mage and six Swordmasters of Hoeth in November. (Games Workshop, 28mm)

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Leperflesh posted:

Monthly prizes:

:neckbeard: Hooray, brushes! This'll be a nice upgrade from the Craft Store Specials I've been buying. Thanks!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
:siren: ATTENTION PEOPLE TO PAINTED A WYRD MINIATURES MODEL LAST MONTH :siren:

Leperflesh posted:

According to my records, the following goons oathed and completed a Wyrd Miniature entry in October (click to see the oath complete post):

Ledgem
ForkBanger
Slimnoid (recused for sponsoring this prize!)
moths
Signal
Schmetterling
Dr. Gargunza
Oxford Comma

All of you have one vote, please reply in the next few days with the name of your chosen winner (anyone above) using the [spoiler] tag. Use the links helpfully supplied by Leperflesh to check out all the submissions!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

ForkBanger posted:

I, Forkbanger, oath to paint one High Elf Mage and six Swordmasters of Hoeth in November. (Games Workshop, 28mm)

Accepted!

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

:frogsiren:PRIZES:frogsiren:

Monthly prizes:

A pack of Springer-Pinsel Kolinksy Sable Brushes goes to: Deanut Pancer!
Congratulations to all the prize winners! Corvus Belli/Infinity winners, contact me via email (my email at gmail.com), everyone else contact krushgroove!
Fantastic! mail sent to krushgroove

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath four Kobold Warrens and one Egg Clutch for the month of November, all from Super Dungeon Explore by Soda Pop.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, oath four Kobold Warrens and one Egg Clutch for the month of November, all from Super Dungeon Explore by Soda Pop.

Accepted!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
My Malifaux vote goes out to Signal

krushgroove: Email sent.

Also I was wondering if there was any news on the Dragonforge bases from the last thread. I know they were having issues but I haven't heard about it in a while.

• Locked thread