Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
He should have had a designer take his sketches and turn it into something that looks good and captures his ideas instead of turning up at WCC with some lovely drawings and saying "hey make this."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

It is a real-world version of homer simpson designing a car then having the engineers interpret it verbatim.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

jamal posted:

He should have had a designer take his sketches and turn it into something that looks good and captures his ideas instead of turning up at WCC with some lovely drawings and saying "hey make this."
2 shops. 4 years. Zero sketches.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Kenny Rogers posted:

Sorry, this is awesome.
Don't think of it as a '58 Bug that someone (who has a brazillian dollars) put a million dollars small fraction of their net worth into over the course of 2 shops and 4 years while not being able to make a single drat decision about the car.
Think of it as something that drove right the gently caress out of the pages of Dick loving Tracy.
Then got a lovely purple paint job. Or got splashed by that awful Madonna movie's art designer.

It looks like a really, really lovely Aero 8.

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

quote:

"Will originally wanted a twin turbo Porsche flat six in the back," Austin told us. But then Will called Austin six weeks into the build. "He wanted something crazy futuristic with stretched doors and a front engine. I told him it'd be easier to make a whole new chassis, but he said to 'do it to the bug.'"

Sounds like he paid a lot of idiot tax for the annoyance he caused.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Edmund Honda posted:

Sounds like he paid a lot of idiot tax for the annoyance he caused.

He's single handily floating West Coast Customs.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Michael Scott posted:

I am comfortable talking about money, I just know that I am bad with negotiations..

The way my wheeling and dealing uncle explained it to me made sense. He said that you've got to disconnect the price from the person, because that's what you're negotiating. Two experienced negotiators can go back and forth in what seems like an argument to most folks, but they're just trying to come to an agreement about the value of the item.

I've given up on selling stuff on CL because too many people know that if they waste enough of your time, you feel like you might as well just take the deal. I had a guy drive 3 hours to buy a guitar off of me, only to show up with $100 less than we agreed on. Guy threw a fit that I wouldn't accept his generous offer and proceeded to send me harassing emails for weeks afterwards.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

I wholeheartedly approve anyone bilking as much money out of will.i.am as possible. Good job, WCC. I picture them laughing the entire time.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
Related, but I was trying to sell some chairs on craigslist and I had a 3-4 email exchange with a guy who was more into asking about the couch in the background or anything else I had for sale (when I clearly labeled the posting for the chairs).

People are retarded.

I usually have good luck with selling car stuff because I'm 1) willing to sit on it, and 2) Price things firmly but reasonable for what they are.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

:smithcloud:

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/11/05/ford-f-100-snakebit-gene-simmons-shannon-tweed-sema-2013/

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Probably the best thing ever coming from the mind of Gene Simmons and it's still dreadful.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

All I can see is bucktooth ET.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

angryhampster posted:

Exactly what I thought.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Wasabi the J posted:

What exactly do these words mean? Seems like you're completely uninterested in bargaining; do you state that you're not bargaining when you're selling? Honest question.

When you have a car listed at 17k, 2k under bluebook, and some moron offers you 8k or a swap for his 94 Civic, this is the kind of person he's talking about. Not someone who's negotiating in good faith.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

angryhampster posted:

oh god that Aero 8

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

If they would have kept the grill, it would be ok. The bumper and roll-pan can stay, but the grill and headlight are just dumb as gently caress.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Godholio posted:

When you have a car listed at 17k, 2k under bluebook, and some moron offers you 8k or a swap for his 94 Civic, this is the kind of person he's talking about. Not someone who's negotiating in good faith.

Took the words out of my mouth.

In this case it was a fairly sought after axle assembly, with all the factory parts to swap it into a truck everyone swaps them into, and I was asking $700. Obnoxious retards were offering me $150, posting "pm me" in the thread, pming me "call me", and pming me "wats ur bottom dollar" and suchlike stupidity.

No, douchebag. YOU pm ME, YOU call ME, and you loving make ME an offer. I'm not your servant and I'm not taking scrap price for a difficult to find part, nor am I negotiating my price down for you. Get hosed in whichever way pleases you the least.

I ended up selling it for $200 to a friend just because I was tired of sitting on it, still made my money back, just didn't make any money off the fact that I spent 3 hours lying in broken glass and mud under a junkyard carcass eating rust chunks and hot metal shavings while I cut the drat thing loose. Oh well. Would have taken $400 in a heartbeat, it isn't that I wasn't willing to negotiate. And if I'd listed it for $400, I would have gotten offers of $75...

kastein fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Nov 7, 2013

Neckbrace
May 10, 2002

Dentistry? I can't even believe that's something that's real.
Will.i.am did that same thing to an already fully restored 1958 Corvette. Truly a piece of poo poo. He turned a piece of art into a go cart.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

That poor truck :ohdear:

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

A terrible thing just got worse.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Tekne posted:

Ahaha oh my god, is that real, is that really real

I have no coherant words. Someone... did that, didn't they.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

You know, I think that's actually a big improvement over stock. Though that's not saying much.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
What car is that? (I'm aussie)

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Nierbo posted:

What car is that? (I'm aussie)

nissan murano crosscabriolet. Pretty much the most awesome vehicle since the AMC eagle, too many people here just haven't realized it yet.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Poweshift, current title holder of "AI's best troll"

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I would like to see that being driven hard on a race circuit with elevation changes and high speed corners. Or just corners in general.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Tekne posted:

It looks like if you turn the wheels 10 degrees you'll be rubbing the fenders.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Powershift posted:

nissan murano crosscabriolet. Pretty much the most awesome vehicle since the AMC eagle, too many people here just haven't realized it yet.

Yup. Also those wheels fit that car quite well.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
The color coordination of eye-pleasing teal between sheetmetal, fabric top and wheels is certainly tasteful and restrained.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

wayfinder posted:

oh god that Aero 8

I've always hated them for this one little niggly aesthetic. How did that design ever get off the loving drawing board?

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

Snowdens Secret posted:

The color coordination of eye-pleasing teal between sheetmetal, fabric top and wheels is certainly tasteful and restrained.

Donks in general are stupid and garish and useless etc. etc.
but I kinda like this one

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

88h88 posted:

I've always hated them for this one little niggly aesthetic. How did that design ever get off the loving drawing board?

Concessions to aero basically.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!

Tekne posted:

Honestly that loops back to awesome, it's the best donk.

But seriously gently caress you Nissan for making this car and not a new Silvia/240SX/smallrwdcar

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Cakefool posted:

Concessions to aero basically.

It's a glass cover though, why couldn't they move the lenses to the front of the fenders and have them pointing straight?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

rscott posted:

It's a glass cover though, why couldn't they move the lenses to the front of the fenders and have them pointing straight?

...because

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

rscott posted:

Concessions to Morgan fans, essentially.

SierraEchoBravo
Jun 23, 2010

Geirskogul posted:

Concessions to Morgan fans, essentially.

Whats that saying? Something along the lines of people kinda look like the cars they drive.

This is sort of what I mean.

Does Jalopnik count as terrible car poo poo? Cause that article is really sloppy.

SierraEchoBravo fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Nov 7, 2013

yyyyyy
Jan 13, 2013

by T. Finninho

SierraEchoBravo posted:

Whats that saying? Something along the lines of people kinda look like the cars they drive.

This is sort of what I mean.

Does Jalopnik count as terrible car poo poo? Cause that article is really sloppy.

Wow it really is, what a poorly written piece of garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viking Blood
Jun 17, 2005

The hammer of the Gods will drive our riffs to new lands
It's more "contributed to" than written, to be fair.