Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Does Toxic suddenly have added priority or something? My double Dragon Dance'd Gyarados just got outsped by a Quagsire of all things to be toxic'd. Next turn the Gyarados went first, as I was expecting. Did they suddenly give Quagsire Prankster when I wasn't looking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

ChaosArgate posted:

Does Toxic suddenly have added priority or something? My double Dragon Dance'd Gyarados just got outsped by a Quagsire of all things to be toxic'd. Next turn the Gyarados went first, as I was expecting. Did they suddenly give Quagsire Prankster when I wasn't looking?

Did it have a Quick Claw?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Hammerite posted:

Did it have a Quick Claw?

I got no indication of a quick claw from the Quagsire, so I'm inclined to say no.

Edit: For clarity, a Gyarados with a -Speed nature and perfect Speed IVs and EVs should be able to outspeed a Quagsire with no boosts after having used D. Dance twice, right?

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Unaware quagsires ignore stat boosts.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
drat this is the best Pokemon game ever. I thought I would hate the exp. share, but combined with Super Training, horde battles+Macho Brace, early breeding and Wonder Trade, I'm cycling through a team of like 20 dope-as-hell monsters, with like 85 hours clocked, and I still have two more badges to go. And the Berry Farm! Berries are finally practical to use!

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Unaware quagsires ignore stat boosts.

That still doesn't explain how it outsped Gyrados (Base Speed 81) with it's piddly 35 Base Speed. Unless it was Scarfed, maybe?

Was it only using 1 attack?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Cernunnos posted:

That still doesn't explain how it outsped Gyrados (Base Speed 81) with it's piddly 35 Base Speed. Unless it was Scarfed.

Was it only using 1 attack?

I couldn't tell. I knocked it out before it did anything else.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

So I've started to breed Espurr's trying to get a modest natured female with perfect IVs in everything except attack (But if I get 6 that's fine too.)

So far, I've only gotton a perfect speed IV Espurr. Should I put a destiny knot on my perfect speed one and wait until I get another espurr with 2 perfect IVs and switch it to that? I've never breeded before, so I don't know. :negative:

E: Just got a Japanese ditto with perfect defense and Sp.Attack. :sun:

AdorableStar fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Nov 6, 2013

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

deadly_pudding posted:

I've been on the last couple evenings :shobon:

3DS phone tag.

I've got a pancham all ready for you, named "Pandam" because the filter blocked "Pandamn". I wish there was a way to do an asynchronous trade without GTS. Pok-email.

Edit: I go to bed at like 8:00 most nights because of early mornings. That probably isn't helping :sweatdrop:

I'll be home at 4PM EST and I will adopt Pandam then.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
The first pokemon I train after the 6 I beat the game with is...

... a Pachirisu! It will pick up lots of cool items for me, and in return I will hug it and pet it and feed it cupcakes. You can keep your Garchomps and your Talonflames. I will be over here playing puzzle minigames with my squirrel buddy.

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.
Which of Sigilyph's abilities would maximize its potential?

Red Herring
Apr 3, 2010
Everyone should watch this replay.

Pubbie gets mad over nothing.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebankoubeta-60684145

:allears:

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Kheldragar posted:

So I've started to breed Espurr's trying to get a modest natured female with perfect IVs in everything except attack (But if I get 6 that's fine too.)

So far, I've only gotton a perfect speed IV Espurr. Should I put a destiny knot on my perfect speed one and wait until I get another espurr with 2 perfect IVs and switch it to that? I've never breeded before, so I don't know. :negative:

If you use a destiny knot on a 1V and a 0V, you're guaranteed a majority of non-max IVs. At that point it'd be better to get the speed brace, put it on the perfect Espurr, and hope you get a max IV from random luck.

e: Oh, you got a 2V Ditto. Yeah, that'll help tremendously.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Nov 6, 2013

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

noirstronaut posted:

I'll be home at 4PM EST and I will adopt Pandam then.

Can you swing 4:30? I can do it over the wi-fi at work before I head home.

Sorry for taking over the thread with pancham business :saddowns:

Nintendo really needs to just let us specify a friend code whitelist on GTS entries, or something.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

deadly_pudding posted:

Can you swing 4:30? I can do it over the wi-fi at work before I head home.

Sorry for taking over the thread with pancham business :saddowns:

Nintendo really needs to just let us specify a friend code whitelist on GTS entries, or something.

Sure thing!

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

MustelaFuro posted:

Which of Sigilyph's abilities would maximize its potential?

Anyone?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Whichever makes it take no damage from status effects/weather/etc. Give if a flame orb and Psycho Shift

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Whichever makes it take no damage from status effects/weather/etc. Give if a flame orb and Psycho Shift
Thanks.

whatPanache
Mar 7, 2008

Red Herring posted:

This is delicious. I like how on like turn 3 he feels he has your skill level pinned down for some reason.

some fantastic
Oct 29, 2010
Oh god. Just picked this game up, and at 15 minutes in I wonder traded a level 3 Pikachu just out of excitement to try it out, and got an adamant Protean Froakie. The first thing this generation of Pokemon has given me is guilt. I am sorry, random Japanese guy, for taking your valuable Pokemon you put time into breeding, and giving you literally the first thing I caught.
I will take good care of your moonrunes Froakie, and understand if you choose not to hold onto Vermin the level 3 Pikachu.

Also, I wish my BFF of 5 minutes with a Pokemon Center in her purse would just leave me to it. This is dangerously close to literal hand-holding.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Red Herring posted:

:drat: Some people get way too emotionally invested in this high stakes world of digital anime monster cockfights.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

some fantastic posted:

Oh god. Just picked this game up, and at 15 minutes in I wonder traded a level 3 Pikachu just out of excitement to try it out, and got an adamant Protean Froakie. The first thing this generation of Pokemon has given me is guilt. I am sorry, random Japanese guy, for taking your valuable Pokemon you put time into breeding, and giving you literally the first thing I caught.
I will take good care of your moonrunes Froakie, and understand if you choose not to hold onto Vermin the level 3 Pikachu.

Also, I wish my BFF of 5 minutes with a Pokemon Center in her purse would just leave me to it. This is dangerously close to literal hand-holding.

It's my understand that Adamant is bad for Froakie if you care about that kind of thing. Guy was probably breeding and just put every failure up for trade in the hopes of getting something cool instead of just releasing them all. There's no reason to feel bad about wonder trading.

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

Only feel bad on Wonder Trade if you're throwing male Combees up there.

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Manatee Cannon posted:

It's my understand that Adamant is bad for Froakie if you care about that kind of thing. Guy was probably breeding and just put every failure up for trade in the hopes of getting something cool instead of just releasing them all. There's no reason to feel bad about wonder trading.

Pokemiles. Wonder Trading away a box of breeding failures will net you tons of pokemiles to spend on rare candies and PP Ups.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Zahki posted:

Pokemiles. Wonder Trading away a box of breeding failures will net you tons of pokemiles to spend on rare candies and PP Ups.

Speaking of, does anyone know why my Pokemiles are gone? I've had nearly 400 and now I have 3.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Seluin posted:

I literally got a Luvdisc named "sorry" last night. But at least I got a chuckle out of that. I get nothing out of male Combees.

Voltin Bolt
Oct 17, 2004

IT DOES NOT FIX

Kikas posted:

Speaking of, does anyone know why my Pokemiles are gone? I've had nearly 400 and now I have 3.
If you've done game synch, they're on your PGL profile now.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Seluin posted:

Even then you could be filling a page in for someone that didn't care to go catch it. And as someone else said, pokemiles. You can just put it back out again immediately so it doesn't matter what you get.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Just started playing again today, with the intention of Wonder Trading until I get something fun to use, and the first thing I got was a Japanese Torchic with Speed Boost, though serious nature. Next I got a Froakie, a Wooper, then a Driftloom. I ended up setting my message to "JustStartedGame" by way of apology. At least I'm trying to give everything fun nicknames.

Aaand someone from Japan just asked me to trade, then gave me a Zoroark for the Torchic!

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Got a shiny Gulpin after beating up hordes and hordes of the little guys. It's Hardy and I doubt that the IV's are any good, but how could I not use this fella?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I was just mindlessly grinding in Victory Road and I came within a millisecond of blowing away a shiny Lickitung.

Welcome to the shiny bench, you disgusting gyrating freak.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Aurain posted:

I was just mindlessly grinding in Victory Road and I came within a millisecond of blowing away a shiny Lickitung.

Welcome to the shiny bench, you disgusting gyrating freak.

Give it to me.

I offer nothing in return except the fact that it will evolve into an even weirder pink balloon.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

I was catching gravelers to send out on wonder trade so people could get golems. I did not know gravelers have a chance to be holding an ever stone when you catch them. Sorry random guy from California.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Ornamented Death posted:

I was catching gravelers to send out on wonder trade so people could get golems. I did not know gravelers have a chance to be holding an ever stone when you catch them. Sorry random guy from California.

Wait, seriously? Looks like I'm going hunting for Everstones tonight!

whatPanache
Mar 7, 2008

Breeding question: How can you tell what ability an Eevee will have when it evolves? If I evolve it and it has a lovely ability can I reload and try again or is it an "at birth" thing?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Abilities are set when you get the egg. Just keep obtaining and hatching them till you get the ability you want.

If it's wild Eevee get a 'mon with Trace up front so you can know exactly what ability it has. You can't encounter Anticipation Eevee outside of the Friend Safari.

Cernunnos fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Nov 6, 2013

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

qxan posted:

Breeding question: How can you tell what ability an Eevee will have when it evolves? If I evolve it and it has a lovely ability can I reload and try again or is it an "at birth" thing?

Pretty sure the ability is assigned when you receive the egg.

E: beaten

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

qxan posted:

Eevee evolutions only have one ability and one hidden ability. If it's an Anticipation Eevee, it'll have the hidden ability, if it's not then it'll have it's standard ability.

Anticipation eevees are better for glaceon, leafeon, flareon and espeon, usable on vaporeon for a rain team, and naff for the rest.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Spangly A posted:

Eevee evolutions only have one ability and one hidden ability. If it's an Anticipation Eevee, it'll have the hidden ability, if it's not then it'll have it's standard ability.

Anticipation eevees are better for glaceon, leafeon, flareon and espeon, usable on vaporeon for a rain team, and naff for the rest.

*and Sylveon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

noirstronaut posted:

*and Sylveon

If pixellate gives the 30% damage boost it's a lot better than cute charm, yeah. I suppose it's not a bad offensive type either.

• Locked thread