Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

uh zip zoom posted:

Does paradox have a ck3 in the works?

According to the last Reddit AMA, they are focused on EU4 and CK2 DLC, with an unspecified game that is not Vicky 3 tentatively planned for 2014.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Cease to Hope posted:

According to the last Reddit AMA, they are focused on EU4 and CK2 DLC, with an unspecified game that is not Vicky 3 tentatively planned for 2014.

If Star Trek: Into Darkness taught me anything, it's that when someone says "It's not X" it most definitely is. :allears:

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

JGBeagle posted:

If Star Trek: Into Darkness taught me anything, it's that when someone says "It's not X" it most definitely is. :allears:

It didn't come off like that. :shrug: They even talked a bit about why they've been more focused on CK and EU over the other games, and about Vicky's relatively low sales.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Rapdawg posted:

I've never played long enough to have any clear cut war rape in my game,
I do make a point, while playing a my character who became Sunni & Shia Caliphate, to take any of the raider's children prisoner and only release them when they convert and become my character's wife

Do you have any idea how creepy this sounds?

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine
War rape! Haha! Oh Goons.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Cease to Hope posted:

It didn't come off like that. :shrug: They even talked a bit about why they've been more focused on CK and EU over the other games, and about Vicky's relatively low sales.

I think much more exciting than Vicky 3 would be a 1800-19~~ DLC for EU4

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Arcturas posted:

Do you have any idea how creepy this sounds?

I was worried nobody would mention it after the next few posts kinda glossed over it. loving no dude.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I've heard people can get in duels and challenge each other to holmgang in TOG, but never had it happen. What can trigger it?

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Flesnolk posted:

I've heard people can get in duels and challenge each other to holmgang in TOG, but never had it happen. What can trigger it?

If you're a Norse ruler there's an event popup that one of your courtiers or vassals has a problem with you and wants to duel, the result seems to be based on traits more than stats (cowards almost always lose) and the loser is injured or killed. Rulers I've had who get the Berseker trait seem to be more likely to get into fights.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Flesnolk posted:

I've had it happen at feasts before.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Would I like EU4 if I really love CK2? My favorite part of CK2 is all the personal stories and characters it generates, is this something I can enjoy in EU4 too?

Edit: This is going to sound weird but I like to play the game appropriate to what my rulers traits and skills are, I don't really game it and I'll often be totally fine with everything loving up.

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

WYA posted:

Would I like EU4 if I really love CK2? My favorite part of CK2 is all the personal stories and characters it generates, is this something I can enjoy in EU4 too?

Edit: This is going to sound weird but I like to play the game appropriate to what my rulers traits and skills are, I don't really game it and I'll often be totally fine with everything loving up.

CK2 you play a character/dynasty, EU4 you play a nation. You might like EU4 but not for the reasons you listed.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I'm a female norse ruler. Why can;t I choose an ambition (dont have any) and why cant I plot to seduce anyone?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

WYA posted:

I'm a female norse ruler. Why can;t I choose an ambition (dont have any) and why cant I plot to seduce anyone?

The seduction plot is from a mod (Additional Objectives or CK2+), are you playing vanilla?

As for ambitions, if you have literally none available then you probably cancelled one recently and have to wait out the cooldown until you can pick a new one. Check in a couple of years?

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

WYA posted:

Plot to seduce is a CK2+ think Im pretty sure so if you dont have that then you cant do that. Most of the other ambitions you probably dont meet the prerequisites for. Cant have ambition to become king if you are aleady a king/queen, cant want to amass wealth or become exalted if you already have alot of money/prestige. Stat improvements can only be an ambition if they are below 8 etc.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

WYA posted:

There aren't really any characters in EUIV. But it's still a pretty great game and there's a demo so you can try it out yourself. :)

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

SpRahl posted:

Plot to seduce is a CK2+ think Im pretty sure so if you dont have that then you cant do that. Most of the other ambitions you probably dont meet the prerequisites for. Cant have ambition to become king if you are aleady a king/queen, cant want to amass wealth or become exalted if you already have alot of money/prestige. Stat improvements can only be an ambition if they are below 8 etc.

I'm playing CK2+

How about win a war or have loving kids? Which this lady aint doing a good job of. Both her and the man airnt disabled with fertility, wonder if something is bugged.

MOVIE MAJICK fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Nov 7, 2013

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Fertility is a hidden stat. Get a new husband, or she just might have low fertility.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Welp remarried my 40 year old hunch back queen to some random 16 year old strong, lustful hunk and bam 3 kids in 4 years. Thanks guys

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

There's this for the decadence part:
"First off though, for those who read last week's diary, we've changed how the Ash'ari and Mu'tazilite traits are handled a bit. They are now much more significant, because an Ash'ari no longer gives decadence to his dynasty, and the Learning bonus for Mutazilites is correspondingly higher (currently +5)."

Sorry science, but I gotta do this *sharpens scimitar* :negative:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
I don't really like that, because it pretty much cements the awful decadence system further into place.

Furthermore, it might be pretty pointless, unless you can exercise rigorous control over the theological stance of every member of your dynasty. If random guys not under your control can switch over, then even going full fanatic will only slow the invasion.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Nov 7, 2013

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Playing through when you sort of know what you're doing is a lot more fun. Some weird poo poo happened and MA for Catholics was suddenly really low. I know we lost a crusade and all but there's only been one called anyway and Europe isn't short of church people. Who is running this religion anyw... oh.

"Hey guy. I'm supposed to not like you but just between you and me I think religion is a scam."

He died eventually and it shot back up to the 96-98 range but not before heretics became annoying in two counties. His replacement was Lustful which immediately made all my bishops want to pay me money. The Papacy might want to invest in better HR.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

I wish I'd screencapped that one time I saw the Pope have Voice of Satan.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
Huh, Paradox really has an eye for details. Just found this guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gar%C3%B0ar_Svavarsson

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Dauntasa posted:

I wish I'd screencapped that one time I saw the Pope have Voice of Satan.

From one of our multiplayer games, he had something like -2000 piety

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

I bet he threw bitchin' parties in the Vatican.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Clanpot Shake posted:

I bet he threw bitchin' parties in the Vatican.

Yah I think thats the same one we kicked out to replace with the brother of the Hapsburg king of Bohemia and Austria

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
In my current Dublin start, King of Ireland game I somehow managed to get my dynasty onto the throne of Croatia. However, they're now being harassed by a giant Tengri Horde and getting land Holy War sniped away from them. Is there any way to destabilize them easily? I experimented with killing off the leader with console commands to see what would happen, but since he had an Empire title, it didn't end up breaking the empire apart from what I could see and his heir is much more likable.

Also, I have a 30+ diplo chancellor and claims fabricating is taking forever I'll never take over Scotland at this rate.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Arbitrary Coin posted:

Also, I have a 30+ diplo chancellor and claims fabricating is taking forever I'll never take over Scotland at this rate.

Invite claimants with strong claims and marry them to your dynasty. When they have a couple of sons, kill the claimant and press the claim of the son. Since they're of your dynasty they will be your vassal if you win the war.

No idea what to do about the Mongols though, sorry.

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
I've been trying to do that, but unfortunately my court has bloated to 50+ courtiers, which I think gives a fertility penalty.

However, my 30+ diplo god-king have 100 bonus with all of them, resulting in hilarious 1,400% plot power when I try to say, kill my wife.

Any good ways to trim the fat/get tyranny free banishments? Also, is there a good way to view how characters feel about one another?

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help

Clanpot Shake posted:

Invite claimants with strong claims and marry them to your dynasty. When they have a couple of sons, kill the claimant and press the claim of the son. Since they're of your dynasty they will be your vassal if you win the war.

This doesn't happen if the title is the same rank as yours, though, right? If you're King of Ireland and you push your cousin's claim on Scotland or whatever then they become an independent king, since kings can't vassalise kings.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

True, they do need to be lower than your rank. So get the Irish King title and push duchy claims in Scotland.

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~

Rumda posted:

Shortly before he was unseated by Dicco-Butto I, "the Great", King of Lombardy and Srbja.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Arbitrary Coin posted:

I've been trying to do that, but unfortunately my court has bloated to 50+ courtiers, which I think gives a fertility penalty.
No, unlanded courtiers just have a lower child cap and (I believe?) lower fertility.

If you really want to clean out your court, imprison and banish any plotters, give titles to people if you have any to spare, marry off all the women, and mat-marry off all the men.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

What exactly are the effects of court size? I don't think I've ever seen that explained in-game.

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~

Clanpot Shake posted:

What exactly are the effects of court size? I don't think I've ever seen that explained in-game.

IIRC court size determines how much the intrigue decision to hire new nobles/debutantes costs.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Clanpot Shake posted:

Also your non-dynastic courtiers experience a fertility drop-off if your court gets too big.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Rumda posted:

Pope Satan actually proved to be a real loving good Pope and lead a successful crusade for Jerusalem and died in his 90s loved by all of Christendom while being a batfuck insane satanist the entire time.

Also he let me invade the kingdom of a guy called The Holy.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Welp, looks like little Fausto won't live to see his fifth birthday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Wyld Karde posted:

Welp, looks like little Fausto won't live to see his fifth birthday.

Congratulations on naming your patrician family after yourself! And yes, he will fall victim to the common cold.

• Locked thread