Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Were either of Sunderland's goals from deft one touch Jozy assists?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
how many minutes did jozy play?

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
He tried to play a one-two with Larsson but he wasn't having it and scored thus preventing a would-be tap in for Jozy. Got an assist though.

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

trem_two posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/06/sunderland-southampton-capital-one-cup?CMP=twt_gu

"The left-back for the night extended his right boot and bundled the ball over the line after Davis could not quite hold Altidore's powerful header after Brown flicked on an Adam Johnson free-kick awarded for Jack Cork's foul on Colback."

"Next Larsson, on as a substitute for the injured Ondrej Celustka, connected with Altidore's pass and swept a shot past Davis, right footed."

Oh but of course, both of them came from Jozy's super skills.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Jozy's going to score by tripping and belly flopping onto a ball causing it to shoot out from beneath his enormous gut and into the upper 90

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Jozy will be plying his trade in another country this time next year.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

hes a bit of a journeyman isnt he

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Carrier posted:

hes a bit of a journeyman isnt he

he goes where the food is

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002

Modus Trollens posted:

he goes where the food is

big Jozy The Locust

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Ponce de Le0n posted:

how many minutes did jozy play?

626min total in the league so far lol

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Pissflaps posted:

No stamp?

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

trem_two posted:

Actually yes, he got a tasty assist that had me jumping up from my seat. Great accuracy and vision. This kid is only 24 and already playing in the top flight of English football, and we all know strikers only reach their peak when they're around 28 years old so pretty impressive I think, I can only imagine the beast we'll have in our hands in a couple of years. Can't wait to watch Jozy play against Man City, Pellegrini is probably already having nightmares with him :)

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Im glad to see Gus Poyet sees the value in Jozy

quote:

"He was a big part of the first goal - it was a great header, headed down, headed properly, strongly. He was in the right place, the goalkeeper made a save.

"The second one, which is the key goal of the game, another striker would think about himself and have a shot for himself.

"He thought about the team, so you have to give him credit. He allowed Seb Larsson to score and there are not many people of that calibre in his situation - I know plenty and I played with plenty of strikers who in that situation would have had a shot.

"They don't care about anything but themselves, so I am very pleased for him. We need to be really happy with what he did for us.

"The more he contributes and the more we play, I will tell you the more chances he will get. Today was probably the first clear chance he has had, the header."

What a guy.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Taff posted:

Im glad to see Gus Poyet sees the value in Jozy

What a guy.

ahaha "a normal striker would shoot, he didn't"

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Agueldo will join Stoke soon. Does anyone think he may be the best USMNT striker in the prem this season?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Byolante posted:

Agueldo will join Stoke soon. Does anyone think he may be the best USMNT striker in the prem this season?

He's poo poo and a diver.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
All natural goalscorers are selfish in front of goal. Jozy is garbage.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

He's poo poo and a diver.

That doesn't rule him out for being the best USMNT striker in the PL though.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Mo Edu is a better striker than Altidore already

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Why are American strikers worse now than in the 90s when they were all moonlighting hackysack players and failed NFL kickers

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Adulterous Hitler posted:

626min total in the league so far lol

What's the longest a striker has gone without scoring in the premiership? There must be some record Jozy can get.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Von Linus posted:

What's the longest a striker has gone without scoring in the premiership? There must be some record Jozy can get.

There should be several strikers going 1000+ minutes without a goal.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
From last season

quote:

1. Danny Welbeck - (Manchester United) - 1204 mpg (minutes per goal)

Statistically the worst striker in the Premier League, yet he is England's front line striker. He has managed just 1 league goal in 1204 minutes, a header in a 4-2 win over Stoke in October 2012. Alex Ferguson will point to his work rate and the goal he scored against Real Madrid. Shades of Emile Heskey!

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
haha I'd be shocked if Agudelo ever sees any time on the pitch for Stoke he is loving terrible and makes Jozy look competent.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Danny Graham who Sunderland spent £5m on is going something like 1500 minutes without a goal now I think, although he's since moved to Hull

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Pissflaps posted:

All natural goalscorers are selfish in front of goal. Jozy is garbage.

Gotta support the team Pissflaps, its nice to see such an unselfish player. How many assists is Jozy on now? 5? 6?

TasmanianX
Jan 7, 2009

Just Kick 'Em

Byolante posted:

I don't understand it, but the dude always looks exhausted on the field. He'll make a 15 second run and then walk for half an hour.

I mean, i'm going to homerly support him, but he doesn't seem like he'll make a big splash in the EPL.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Taff posted:

Gotta support the team Pissflaps, its nice to see such an unselfish player. How many assists is Jozy on now? 5? 6?

How many if those did he actually mean, though?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

TasmanianX posted:

I don't understand it, but the dude always looks exhausted on the field. He'll make a 15 second run and then walk for half an hour.

I mean, i'm going to homerly support him, but he doesn't seem like he'll make a big splash in the EPL.

After watching him since he's been at New England I can say that his touch is better than Jozy's, he's faster, and he has more skill. He doesn't have the work rate though, and he's always looking to go down. I think he'll just be another forgettable player, not the train wreck that Jozy is.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

After watching him since he's been at New England I can say that his touch is better than Jozy's, he's faster, and he has more skill. He doesn't have the work rate though, and he's always looking to go down. I think he'll just be another forgettable player, not the train wreck that Jozy is.

I agree. I think his time in the Premier League will be remembered just like DaMarcus Beasley's.

What's that you say? You don't remember DaMarcus Beasley playing in the Premier League? Neither does anyone else.

Fake edit: Wow, Beasley actually scored 3 in 18 in the league while playing for City, that's not half bad considering how bad the City team he played for was.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Shrapnac posted:

I agree. I think his time in the Premier League will be remembered just like DaMarcus Beasley's.

What's that you say? You don't remember DaMarcus Beasley playing in the Premier League? Neither does anyone else.

Fake edit: Wow, Beasley actually scored 3 in 18 in the league while playing for City, that's not half bad considering how bad the City team he played for was.

Beasley was terrible for us aswell, except for one outstanding performance away to Lyon in the champions league. Scored one and set up 2 in our 3-0 win.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
The first recommendation on Google when you type in DaMarcus Beasley is "DaMarcus Beasley pee"

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
The only thing I remember about beasley in Britain was one of the commentators calling him Marcus da Beasley. Probably pleat.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
maybe his parents were russian immigrants. So you name your son Marcus Beasly? Da, Marcus Beasly

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Byolante posted:

maybe his parents were russian immigrants. So you name your son Marcus Beasly? Da, Marcus Beasly

Black people do have funny names sometimes, nice one

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
A Partial list of players with more goals in the 2013/14 Barclay's Premier Barclay's than Jozy Altidore

- Phil Bardsley

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Babby Thatcher posted:

A Partial list of players with more goals in the 2013/14 Barclay's Premier Barclay's than Jozy Altidore

- Phil Bardsley

- Asmir Begovic

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
The thoughts of the Black Cat faithful, fresh from beating Manchester City

quote:

Altidore is absolute poo poo, he shouldn't be anywhere near the Premier League.

quote:

He couldn't unsettle City's under 9's on the break.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Jozy was great holding up the ball away flaps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Pissflaps posted:

The thoughts of the Black Cat faithful, fresh from beating Manchester City