Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
I have some petty cash lying around and I was wondering if that RiffTrax Special: 90s Cyber Thrillers and Best of RiffTrax: Villains is any good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

LP97S posted:

I have some petty cash lying around and I was wondering if that RiffTrax Special: 90s Cyber Thrillers and Best of RiffTrax: Villains is any good.

Cyber Thrillers has new material while Villains is just clips from previous riffs.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Preview clip of the Deathly Hallows 1 riff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT-LAen3cZw

From these 2 minutes, it looks like it's gonna be hilarious :D

It's going to be nice to see how they manage to make Part 1 not boring. Seriously gently caress Condon he was such a wrong choice for the final two movies. The dialogue just dragged on and on and the action was just rushed through to make way for more awkward glances and awkward dancing.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
So, Starship Troopers. One thing I learned is never to group my starships 100 yards apart over a planet where the bugs are crapping multiple plasma turds every few seconds.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Mister Kingdom posted:

So, Starship Troopers. One thing I learned is never to group my starships 100 yards apart over a planet where the bugs are crapping multiple plasma turds every few seconds.

You'd think they'd have been able to at least take some kind evasive maneuvers. Those plasma turds were moving pretty slowly from what I could see.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
In the book, it was largely human error as I recall. One ship came out of Cherenkov Drive and collided with another. The loss of so many men in the chain of command left everyone without clear orders and the whole thing was a debacle.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
Makes sense, I think in the movie the problem was Denise Richards was one of the smartest in the fleet so the bar was pretty drat low.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
A select number of VoD and riffs are a dollar off including the Manos Live Show.

http://www.rifftrax.com/halloween13

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Speaking of live shows, anyone going to Cinematic Titanic tonight in Concord NH? Last tine they were up was a blast and I got Joel's autograph :3:

Tonight's movies are The Wasp Woman and The Doll Squad. Ought to be fun!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'm not anywhere near there, but I thought CT was closing down? I did miss the chance to see them when they came by, but I've never seen anything they've done.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Far as I know, this is the last time they're coming around. Might be a deal where they shuffle sone players around into a different iteration but I don't know.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
Deathly Hallows riff is out, and it's as good as the others!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Bought that and put it on my iPod, gonna listen tonight. Just have to OCD tidy up the files and add their funny movie post that's a photoshop or drawing and...

...what?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Okay, so double post, but I just finished the later Harry Potter Rifftrax, and it also ended with the request to not pirate or to donate to them if you did. I swear that I paid my $4 guys, I have the order confirmation from you. :smith:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Official trailer for RT Live: Santa Claus Conquers The Martians
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF8K9xEgejg

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Big Rifftrax anouncemnt:

quote:

Our fan-favorite Norman Krasner shorts are now available!
All of Norman's adventures in failure, finally collected in one place! Norman Krasner, our most beloved recurring character of live shows past, finally lands on RiffTrax.com! Now you too can enjoy the entire Norman Krasner canon and understand why his infamous catchphrase is actually just one long sigh.

http://www.rifftrax.com/norman-kras..._eid=5fb413497e

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

gently caress yeah! Now which one is the one that I missed by arriving late to Night of the Living Dead?

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

gently caress yeah! Now which one is the one that I missed by arriving late to Night of the Living Dead?

Norman Gives A Speech, it's not one of the ones up for download.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

None of those unfortunately. It's Norman Gives a Presentation.

Edit: Beaten.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. :smith:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Aw man, why? :(

Or should I say, UUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
Um, I'm not crazy right? Is anyone else seeing this on the website?

http://www.rifftrax.com/vod/star-wars-holiday-special#sample

Star Wars Holiday Special with video on demand?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

LP97S posted:

Yeah, I see it but I don't believe it. There's no way they obtained the rights to distribute that is there?

EDIT: They also added VOD for Dragon Wars, Troll 2, Nestor, Hulk The Final Round, and Red Dawn.

I have no clue how they are legally selling the Star Wars Holiday Special though.

X-O fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Nov 6, 2013

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

That's interesting. I remember that when I bought it, it disguised a line that basically said "go on Google Video to get the video for this Riff". That's not on that page either.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Well, it was Lucas who wanted to forget that ever existed right? Since all things Star Wars is now owned by Disney they probably don't give a poo poo as long as they get paid.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

IUG posted:

That's interesting. I remember that when I bought it, it disguised a line that basically said "go on Google Video to get the video for this Riff". That's not on that page either.

Probably since Google Video no longer exist. It got closed down about a year and half ago. Yeah, Trolls 2 always had a entry on VoD, but the rest are brand new. I might have to get some of these soon.

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica

LP97S posted:

Well, gently caress it, just bought it. It's downloading now so I'll let you all know.

edit: It is, in fact, a VOD of the original riff. It has an updated intro from just Mike that briefly explains that if you don't know what the Holiday Special is or have never heard of it, you're probably a normal person. And it also asks you to donate if you happened to find it lying around on the internet somewhere.

Definitely don't mind giving these guys :10bux:, so thanks for the link!

Locutus of Bald fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Nov 7, 2013

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Haha, awesome. I've only watched it in the lovely pre-synced lo-res torrent version.

But I bought the mp3. Just FYI.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Haha, awesome. I've only watched it in the lovely pre-synced lo-res torrent version.

But I bought the mp3. Just FYI.

Yeah, me as well. Considering how they used to tell you to just find a copy of the video online, and that Lucas was never going to make this video more widely availible, I figured a pre-synced torrent wasn't a problem. It would be interesting if this VOD version had better video than the Google Video version. (Yes I know that Google Video doesn't exist anymore, but that's how long this Riff has been around).

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Veteran Day is today, so there is a sale on hero theme riffs and shorts, including the Batman serials :toot:.

http://www.rifftrax.com/heroes

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rirse posted:

Veteran Day is today, so there is a sale on hero theme riffs and shorts, including the Batman serials :toot:.

http://www.rifftrax.com/heroes

I'm surprised their latest VOD "Supersonic Man" isn't included.

VVV Done. They add it. Cool.

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 11, 2013

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The Ape of Naples posted:

I'm surprised their latest VOD "Supersonic Man" isn't included.

Mention that on twitter. I had to ask them why the first Batman serial wasn't in the sale, which they corrected that in a few minutes. My attempts to get Norman put in the sale didn't work since they consider him more of a anti-hero.

Rebochan
Feb 2, 2006

Take my evolution

Oh finally, I'm willing to double-dip on the Holiday Special if it means a proper copy of the drat thing.

I'm kind of ambivalant about the next live show just based on what a dud their Mr. B Natural re-riff was. I'm probably going to give the CT one a watch so I can do a proper comparison.

...wait, I just realized I'm probably going to watch this movie THREE TIMES this Christmas.

...where's my vodka?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

The thing about Santa Conquers the Martians is it's so delightfully weird and funny on its own, the riffs are just extra. It's honestly one of my favorite holiday movies just for how bizarre it is.

Mr. Blastaway
Jun 23, 2004

Frankly, I would have preferred the live Christmas riff to have been K. Gordon Murray's Santa Claus despite that they riffed sections of the movie in that terrifying Christmas Short trilogy they put out last year.

Now that I think of it, I find Dropo and Pitch the Devil eerily similar.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Just found out that sadly, we of the Great White North will be missing out on SCCTM. :cry:

I don't know about everyone else up here, but I blame Rob Ford. :canada:

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
I'm still upset that the live riff is on December 5th. I'm taking a trip out of town the very next week (but ironically to Canada, so thanks for the heads up that it's not worth moving my trip up a week since I can't see it anyway.)

I guess I'll just have to show my support to the guys in a different way. So, gently caress it, I'm just going to buy some poo poo. The riff of Fellowship is on sale (down to $1.99), so I might as well pick that up. I'll get RotK, too, since I watched the riff at my buddy's place the other day and I loving love The Rifftones. I could listen to Ghan-Buri-Ghan all loving night (and I will, now that I'm paying $4.99 just to hear it!)

Did they stop selling t-shirts? They seem to have gotten rid of all of their physical merchandise (stickers, etc), unless I'm just not seeing them.

fake edit: Just bought the poo poo out of the following titles:
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
The Hunger Games
RiffTrax Special: 90s Cyber Thrillers
Best of RiffTrax: Villains
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Welcome Back, Norman
Norman Krasner
You're the Judge
The Other Fellow's Feelings
Ghost Rider (short)
When Should Grown-ups Stop Fights?

rereedrumr
Sep 11, 2006
We Are Re-Ree
Hey guys, rare poster but long time lurker (ever since Lowtax recorded Troll 2 with us), but my name is Conor Lastowka and I'm a writer for RiffTrax. I just thought you guys might be interested in a novel I just wrote and published. It's called Gone Whalin', it's about a college kid who starts waking up on a 1800s whaling ship every other day, and if you like RiffTrax, I bet it'll make you laugh.

Here's the trailer, which Mike was nice enough to narrate. Hopefully some people will have seen the source material, otherwise it probably just comes across as pretty weird:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys7FasgNxuw

Anyways, it's available in paperback and kindle (just 2.99 for kindle!) http://amzn.to/178kKdm

If you'd like to read the first three chapters for free, you can at http://gonewhalin.com

That's it! Hope you'll check it out and enjoy it. Oh, and we just released Ghost House on DVD, so get that too: http://www.rifftrax.com/dvds/ghosthouse

If you have any questions or RiffTrax suggestions, I'll pop back in over the next few days. Thanks for all your support over the years! It's always fun to read this thread after a new release and especially after a live show. Now I'm off to get a bowl of chili. Kim Basinger is hotter than Kelly LeBrock, no matter what those idiots in Denver say.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I have what might be a horrible question. What would need to happen for you guys to do a Rifftrax of Schindler's List, or of Grave of the Fireflies?

rereedrumr
Sep 11, 2006
We Are Re-Ree

RandomPauI posted:

I have what might be a horrible question. What would need to happen for you guys to do a Rifftrax of Schindler's List, or of Grave of the Fireflies?

People ask about Schindler's List a lot. I think everyone agrees that it would pretty much be in very poor taste and very poorly received. We did however riff Cool As Ice, which has the same cinematographer as Schindler's List! (Would it be a challenge? Of course. But not in the 'fun' sort of way Casablanca was. The source material would overpower any jokes. Think about how many people say they tune out riffs in a movie like "Thor" for being 'too good', then imagine us joking about a well made film about the horrors of WWII.)

I've actually never seen Schindler's List and hadn't heard of Grave of the Fireflies. But they both seem like something that would be done solely for mean-spirited shock value, and I don't think anyone's really interested in that.

This, on the other hang, will hopefully be the last thing we ever do, followed by a collective mic drop and stunned silence, then weeping and gnashing of teeth: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_ABC_of_Sex_Education_for_Trainables

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rereedrumr
Sep 11, 2006
We Are Re-Ree
I'm kidding about that short as well, in case that wasn't clear.

• Locked thread