Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Just created https://www.facebook.com/fellis.sa.73 and sent a bunch of friend requests to people. Let the good(ies) times roll

Also I disagree with the OP, the dialogue is actually awesome <:mad:>

Fellis fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Nov 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009
So I've got a level 11 basic one-star Iron Man - I've got Repulsor Blast and Armored Assault levelled up to 5 each, and Ultra-Freon Beam up to 3. I just won another Ultra-Freon Beam card but I'm not able to use it to train my Ultra-Freon Beam up to level 4. Is this a bug or does that power only go up to level three? I can't seem to see anything to suggest that should be the case.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Owlkill posted:

So I've got a level 11 basic one-star Iron Man - I've got Repulsor Blast and Armored Assault levelled up to 5 each, and Ultra-Freon Beam up to 3. I just won another Ultra-Freon Beam card but I'm not able to use it to train my Ultra-Freon Beam up to level 4. Is this a bug or does that power only go up to level three? I can't seem to see anything to suggest that should be the case.

Every hero has a maximum of 13 ability points. You've used all Iron Man's up.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Okay.. I know I've bitched about this a lot, but you shouldn't be able to lose more points than you could gain in the same time period. You take on 3 opponents and may gain 60-70 points if you are supremely lucky with your opponents. But then in the same period I have LOST 117 points. I think I'm going to stagnate here at the 550-600 point mark for the rest of the tournament because I just can't get a foothold.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

New Leaf posted:

Okay.. I know I've bitched about this a lot, but you shouldn't be able to lose more points than you could gain in the same time period. You take on 3 opponents and may gain 60-70 points if you are supremely lucky with your opponents. But then in the same period I have LOST 117 points. I think I'm going to stagnate here at the 550-600 point mark for the rest of the tournament because I just can't get a foothold.

If it makes you feel better, the game is still very early in essentially beta. Things will be constantly changing, so don't worry too much about progress if you hit a brick wall.

Though there does warrant discussion on the idea that us "betatesters" get burnt out and won't be playing the game when its more-or-less done, ala minecraft.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Double post! Lightning round up. Villain I think? Team up with the hood.

Demerzel
Sep 11, 2001

Only the spergiest will do.
Is the art temporary? I can't help but look at it critically, especially when the source material doesn't lack for great still shots to pick through for the best-looking one.

These card games only have card art and the interface to pretty up and it looks like neither one is very impressive.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
Last night I was number 1 in my bracket. I did a match that got me to 1002 points. before i could get the prize for 1k points, i was attacked i guess and was down to 864 points! loving bullshit. the game saw i hit over 1k points didn't give me the prize and they raped me for over 200 points in the span of 3 mins.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Deep Winter posted:

Double post! Lightning round up. Villain I think? Team up with the hood.

I hit 250 rank, which gives you a standard recruit star (with a chance for the hood). I actually got the hood, so that was lucky, and I have my first three star with two covers. Know I can raise him three whole levels.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

Fritzler posted:

I hit 250 rank, which gives you a standard recruit star (with a chance for the hood). I actually got the hood, so that was lucky, and I have my first three star with two covers. Know I can raise him three whole levels.

I literally sold my hood a few hours before this lightning round.

I don't regret it. :colbert:

Next LR is doctor doom. That'd be cool if he was worth a drat.

Deep Winter fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Nov 6, 2013

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Deep Winter posted:

Well, I got 26-50 in the ranking which gave the heroic Hood pack (50% chance of Hood). I got his third ability, so now I have one cover for each ability. I'm pretty satisfied.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I broke rank 100 and got the useless yellow Captain America. I need the others!

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Deep Winter posted:

Next LR is doctor doom. That'd be cool if he was worth a drat.

DD/grey black widow/venom is my go-to thug clearing team for anything hammer related now. All the dangerous hammer attacks are on green tiles, which I can either destroy with the snipe or create green tiles for. In a pinch, 4 purple ap gets me another green time as a hail-Mary, and doctor doom constantly cycles the board by turning blue tiles into black ones. It's great if you want to play keep away with blue tiles, too.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Gallow posted:

I broke rank 100 and got the useless yellow Captain America. I need the others!
I only need blue. I want to try to get 2 for the week long FFA (one for getting 800 points, one for gettion 50-100).

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I need 3 more blue and 2 more red for a max cover Captain America. The problem all my ISO is going towards thor (lvl63), then storm (37), then wolverine (31), then hopefully someone with purple/dark , and finally then the captain.

Speaking of Wolverine that dude is a power house. His red does slightly more damage than thor's yellow at cost of not making green tiles. His healing ability is great. At 5 yellow might do as much as 150-200 hp a turn at max level. But his green ability is his bread and butter. 3 ap to deal damage and make red strike tiles. At level 31 his tiles make 33 strength strike tiles and deals 106 damage.

I save up enough ap to deal 2 thor red abilities and 2-3 wolverine green abilites. Wolverine deals 106 damage and makes 3 tiles. Wolverine deals 205 damage and make 3 tiles. Thor deals 1000+ damage and then make yellow tiles at 200+ damage a match. Then Thor does it again but with more yellow matches. Then I normally have enough yellow ap for a 2000+ thor ability. I normally take out 2-3 guys for 12 red ap and 6 green ap. And I normally run +6 red ap and +3 green ap bonuses for battles.

Edit: Also I want to say thanks for the ISO this morning. I woke up with an extra 5,000 iso :stare:

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Nov 6, 2013

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

Shwqa posted:

I need 3 more blue and 2 more red for a max cover Captain America. The problem all my ISO is going towards thor (lvl63), then storm (37), then wolverine (31), then hopefully someone with purple/dark , and finally then the captain.

Speaking of Wolverine that dude is a power house. His red does slightly more damage than thor's yellow at cost of not making green tiles. His healing ability is great. At 5 yellow might do as much as 150-200 hp a turn at max level. But his green ability is his bread and butter. 3 ap to deal damage and make red strike tiles. At level 31 his tiles make 33 strength strike tiles and deals 106 damage.

I save up enough ap to deal 2 thor red abilities and 2-3 wolverine green abilites. Wolverine deals 106 damage and makes 3 tiles. Wolverine deals 205 damage and make 3 tiles. Thor deals 1000+ damage and then make yellow tiles at 200+ damage a match. Then Thor does it again but with more yellow matches. Then I normally have enough yellow ap for a 2000+ thor ability. I normally take out 2-3 guys for 12 red ap and 6 green ap. And I normally run +6 red ap and +3 green ap bonuses for battles.

Edit: Also I want to say thanks for the ISO this morning. I woke up with an extra 5,000 iso :stare:

I'm really starting to appreciate Wolverine, too. He's probably going to replace my maxed-out Iron Man quite soon. At lvl 39 and 4 ranks in red, his red ability outdamages lvl 50/5 rank Iron Man. One more red cover and the costs will be equal, too. I wonder how high I have to level him to take over the green tiles from my lvl 61 C-Storm...

I just wish I knew where everybody else was getting their Thor covers from. Mine's still capped at 30. I didn't start playing until after the free Thor was given out, but I've got the covers from the prologue, the one from daily rewards and a couple from tokens. Need a bit more luck I guess?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Wolverine owns and opens up some interesting possibilities for team composition beyond Storm Classic/Thor. For instance, stock up on Red and Green, then go Feral Claws - Feral Claws - Feral Claws - Mistress of the Elements and you have a good shot at a cascade that will wreck poo poo. Same deal with other board-wreckers like Magneto Gray.

For Lightning Rounders, staying around 350 points seems to be the correct range in my experience for the 26-50 2 Heroic Token reward. Which just got me another Bullseye Purple (yay!) and, well, Bag-Man Purple.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I really should just sell Bag-Man. He looks useful in theory, but there's just much better heroes out there.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

SynthOrange posted:

I really should just sell Bag-Man. He looks useful in theory, but there's just much better heroes out there.

I have sold every Bag-Man I have ever come across with no regrets.

With all these Venom tourneys though, I do regret selling my original Venom to free up space. Luckily I've practically rebuilt him just from random drops.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

But the best Venom tournament stratergy is not to level Venom and let Storm wipe out everything. :unsmigghh:

Vord25
Mar 18, 2009
Fake account created https://www.facebook.com/peter.parkerer.9 Time for some free Iso.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
Bagman would be fine if his powers didn't require so much to activate. I mean Thor has a move that I can activate with two boosts so I hit someone for 750 and possibly get a cascade. Bagman can switch some blocks if he gets 15 pieces. It's crazy.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
I'm on the list...

https://www.facebook.com/baumgartner.mark

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Question! I have two star Wolverine and Thor. Both have 4 skills, 0/2/2 and 1/2/1 respectively. Why is wolverine's max level 21, while thors' is 16?

E: vv very cool, thanks

Deep Winter fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Nov 7, 2013

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

Deep Winter posted:

Question! I have two star Wolverine and Thor. Both have 4 skills, 0/2/2 and 1/2/1 respectively. Why is wolverine's max level 21, while thors' is 16?

The first level of a skill increases the level cap by just 1.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Skill level 1 doesn't get you levels. Thor will go up when one of those goes to 2, and Wolverine won't go up when you get his missing skill.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh, looked like I was going to be in the top 25 for that Lightning Round, but I guess I got tipped out at the last few minutes. Oh well, got two Heroic tokens instead, both Marvel Now Magneto, which I guess is actually better? Although they were both red which seems to be his worst skill so maybe not. Ah well, doesn't matter anyway until I start training up a main third, and Thor still has a few levels to go first.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I'm liking my 45 Daken / 35 Wolverine combo in this lightning round with a throwaway character. A lot of strike tiles and auto healing, so I can just grind without using healing tokens.

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

Ok, I knew Wolverine was good. I just didn't know he was this loving good. WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED?
Sunk 2 days worth of ISO into him, got him into the mid-40s, he's kicking all sorts of rear end. Now I just need to find 2 more green covers.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, pretty much every character is like that. I didnt know Black Widow can murder everyone single handedly if you level her to 40! 1-star storm is a death machine when levelled up!

Wolverine and to a lesser extent, Daken both have the benefits of being massive damage sponges thanks to their healing. Plus their downtime goes from hours to minutes if they're still alive and you take them to go beat up thugs in chapter 1.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

What does everyone think the best Wolverine build would be? Mine is 3/3/1 right now and I just got another red cover, but I'm not sure I should use it. Maxing green seems like it would be really good, since getting down to 3 AP means you can use it on every match. Maxing yellow seems great because then you always heal, no matter what. But red at level 3 already puts the cost down to 12, so 2 more levels down to 10 doesn't seem worth it? If it bumped it down to 9, I'd consider it, but I already have a lot of other heroes with good red abilities anyway...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm aiming for max green to go with my already maxed yellow for Wolvie. He heals 100hp per turn if he's not stunned. He's practically impossible to down normally. It takes a buffed Juggernaut or a horrifying combo to knock him down. The red is useful, but probably not worth taking up to 5 instead of the other two skills.

He really is situational though. He comes out if I can afford a long fight. Against higher level opponents who have to go down or they will kill me, it's still Thor at the front.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I wasn't realy paying attention when i was levelling my wolverine - he is 3/5/1. Should i start a new one and go for 5/3/5?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Lechtansi posted:

I wasn't realy paying attention when i was levelling my wolverine - he is 3/5/1. Should i start a new one and go for 5/3/5?

Its not too bad. 5/5/3 is still really good. You still get the heal quite often. And the red skill is really really good, it is just that thor's red ability is slightly more helpful.

And that is only because with 2 red matches and some bonuses thor and lay down 2 smack downs and get enough yellow ap to finish someone off.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Lightning Round! Let's see.

Doom / 85 Thor / 65 Storm [skip]

Doom / 65 Thor / 85 Storm [skip]

Doom / 85 Thor / 70 Storm [skip]

Doom / 85 Thor / 85 Storm [skip]

Doom / 85 Thor / 110 Spider-Man [skip]

Doom / 85 Thor / 81 Storm [skip]

Doom / 70 Ragnarok / 85 Storm [skip]

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

delfin posted:

Lightning Round! Let's see.

Doom / 65 Thor / 85 Storm [skip]

Doom / 85 Thor / 70 Storm [skip]

Doom / 85 Thor / 85 Storm [skip]

Doom / 85 Thor / 110 Spider-Man [skip]

Doom / 85 Thor / 81 Storm [skip]

Doom / 70 Ragnarok / 85 Storm [skip]

Yeah they really need to release some more stuff. Or make bag man good. He is the only other 2* that people have a ton of.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I just got annihilated by someone using a Moonstone/Classic Storm/Iron Man model 40 team. All was well and good until Iron Man's Recharge ability went off, then Moonstone shot Thor for over 1800 damage, setting off my Classic Storm, which set off their Classic Storm, then Moonstone swapped some tiles and cascaded away the last few hit points my team had in one loving turn!

The lesson here is: Don't scoff at a high level Moonstone.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Well I got exactly 50th place on that lightning round. I would have like the 2 bagman heroic tokens, but now I only need 2 more blue captain america for him to be useful for me.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

If you want to break into the top 50 in these rounds do you have to sit there fighting for the entire 90 minutes? I was active for a bit over half that last round but couldn't break the top 200.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
I started this last one with an hour and 11 minutes remaining and pretty much babysat it the whole time and barely sneaked into 44th place for the sweet double hero tokens.

I'd blame this specific one on the fact that everyone is home from work/school and kicking back at this point of the night, and I think maybe only the Doom lightning rounds offer 2x hero tokens? I may be blind and misread it, but I could have sworn the rewards screen for the Loki rounds show the top 50 as only a single token.

Edit: Yup looks like a solitary heroic Loki token pull for your 50% Loki needs.

Chuds McGreedy fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Nov 7, 2013