Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Khisanth Magus posted:

Apparently it is a fact that for some people the addition of any amount of cilantro to something makes it taste like they are eating soap. Which must suck for eating out.

I guess that could be related to how some folks think raw onions taste utterly vile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

I guess that could be related to how some folks think raw onions taste utterly vile.

No, most people that think that think that because onions DO taste utterly vile.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Raw onions are great, if a little strong.

Cilantro is awful and should be purged from this earth.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

UZworm posted:

No, most people that think that think that because onions DO taste utterly vile.

Go to a Greek restaurant and say that again.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

SlothfulCobra posted:

Raw onions are great, if a little strong.

Cilantro is awful and should be purged from this earth.

Get dunked, cilantro is great. I'm not a fan of raw onions, but that's more a texture thing than taste. Cooked onions are amazing.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I eat whole onion bulbs like apples on occasion. They're delicious raw.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

pandaK posted:

I can feel your odor from across the internet.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

pandaK posted:

Man, I love me some onion, but I can't eat a bulb like an apple. I can eat raw onion, just not that much.

My favorites are the little pearl onions you put into stews, though.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

There's a single gene that controls whether Cilantro tastes like soap to you. So if you don't like cilantro you're on the mutant list. Consider it your mutant power.

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Nov 7, 2013

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

Arglebargle III posted:

There's a single gene that controls whether Cilantro tastes like soap to you. So if you don't like cilantro you're on the mutant list. Consider it your mutant power.

I have the worst mutant power. :arghfist::saddowns:

Loving the LP, by the way. I'm going to need to make that quiche one of these days.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Arglebargle III posted:

Genes are wonderful things when it comes to food, aren't they? And that's only one other example.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
People taste cilantro as soap?

Well okay then that's weird.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
You people are crazy. *drinks cocktail made of liquid soap and stuff under the laundry sink*

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Blueberries taste as sour as lemons to me. Apparently it's also a genetic thing.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

In mild contrast, I think Cilantro tastes like soap and that's why I like it. The fact that it occasionally makes my food inedible to other people in the room is a plus, but peppers are better for that.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Mico, you really need to practice peeling your DS potatoes. It's just embarrassing.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

Glazius posted:

Mico, you really need to practice peeling your DS potatoes. It's just embarrassing.

In my defense, peeling potatoes on desmume is basically loving impossible

EntranceJew
Nov 5, 2009

:siren: Bonus Video :siren:
Egg Loaf is a traditional meal, usually made with 3 eggs, 1/4th cup of milk, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, red pepper and love. I suggest cooking for five minutes but your results may vary. Drown that poo poo in ketchup.

EntranceJew fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Nov 11, 2013

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
"gently caress that poo poo up" is the best cooking instructions I have ever heard.

EntranceJew
Nov 5, 2009

:siren: Bonus Video :siren:
Video Pizza is a delicacy enjoyed through the mouth senses but also the eyes and ears for it is full sensory experience of pizza.

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

So Mico, did you ever unlock cornbread? I fell asleep.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

Devious Vacuum posted:

So Mico, did you ever unlock cornbread? I fell asleep.

Yep. Just finished commentary, actually, the video should be up in a day or two.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

Fried Chicken:
Take some Thighs, Legs, or a combination of the two, and marinate them in a ziploc filled with buttermilk for AT LEAST 6 hours. 24 preferred.
Rub the chicken with a spice mixture with a ratio of the following:
1x Oregano
1x Chili Powder
1x Sage
1x Basil
1x Marjoram
1x Pepper
1x Salt
1x Onion Powder
1x Garlic Powder
1x Powdered Sugar
2x Accent
2x Paprika

Then take a mixture of flour and salt, most likely 1 tablespoon salt to 1 cup flour, and slowly add some beaten egg until you end up with a ton of crumbs.
Dredge the spiced chicken in the salt egg flour thing

Fry 3-4 minutes per side in an electric skillet or frying pan, using Vegetable Shortening (or Veg Oil if you dont have or are avoiding shortening)

Finish in the oven for 25 minutes at 400 ° F which is conveniently exactly how long and the same temperature we cook the cornbread at.

Cornbread:
Take 1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
1 and 1/4 cups Flour
3/4 cups cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons baking powder

and mix that poo poo real fine
then pour into a 9x9 greased metal pan and bake for 25 minutes at 400° F

Music:

I'M GAY
M & H Band - Pop Corn (Remix Version 87 Special DJ)
Swamp Bear - Psychotic Girl
Deadly Premonition OST - Life is Beautiful

Voting:

Spaghetti Bolognese
Hamburger
Tempura

Choose wisely!

Also I have updated my website's wordpress theme to be a little less... misaligned. Hopefully it's easier to watch the selfhosted videos now.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
Had it for lunch, so Spag Bol

Last Transmission
Aug 10, 2011

I want to see someone make Tempura. It's still something I haven't had myself because my famaily isn't particularly eager to try it.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I want to see you Burg as hard as you can so the thread can start yelling at you for burgin' wrong.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
You guys, life is beautiful and chicken is delicious.

Also spaghetti bolognese.

The Nautilus
Jul 24, 2012

HELLO
Tempura

The Nautilus
Jul 24, 2012

HELLO
You might also want to know that our parents only ever used that cornbread recipe once. After that dad tried a few other weird ones but no one liked them so now mom makes the recipe from the back of the cornmeal bag again.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)
Tempura. Everyone I know has some version of Spag Bol (mine is basically closer to a chilli than a bol, but hey, it tastes fruity, so it totally counts, right?)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Spag bol are always great.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Going with Spag bol because when I first read the vote for it I thought it was "swag bowl", and who wouln't want a nice big bowl of swag in the morning?

Last Transmission
Aug 10, 2011

JamieTheD posted:

Spag Bol (mine is basically closer to a chilli than a bol, but hey, it tastes fruity, so it totally counts, right?)

:catstare: fruity taste?! You should watch Heston Blumenthal compare the Italian original to the version the British (and us Germans, too) make.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Your delicious delicious trans fats are being banned in the US I think?

EntranceJew
Nov 5, 2009

Spaghetti Bolognese? That's for when you make spaghetti and meatballs and your meatballs came out bad. I demand a Burger Challenge because we'd finally be talkin' my language.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Your chicken has MSG, I think I want to marry you or something like that.

And gently caress yeah, show me some good ground cow patties, when I make them they always fall apart :ohdear:

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

Make burgers

They are simple and tasty and tasty

And I want to see how cooking mama does them wrong.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
Tempura.

Holy cow that was a large serving. There's two people eating these, right? You guys didn't finish all of that in one serving, right?

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
We gotta burg it up now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DecayDOA
Jun 3, 2013

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Gotta be burgers. Also that fried chicken looks delicious, and you are my hero forever for not doing the trendy thing and using goddamn panko.

• Locked thread