Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Sean_Miller posted:

Anyone hoping Howard's birthday thing bombs?

I hope not. Anything that makes Opie from O&A lose his mind is completely okay in my book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Sean_Miller posted:

Anyone hoping Howard's birthday thing bombs?

http://www.howardstern.com/birthday/

a loving countdown

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

So what's up with this, is this going to be on a real TV channel? Jimmy Kimmel is throwing this?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Only registered members can see post attachments!

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
It would be kind of funny if some stuttering idiot ran up to him and asked him questions like "Do you have grey pubic hair?" or ""Would you ever consider making it with a guy?" or "How much would it cost you to do lesbian photos for a magazine?"

All questions he asked other people

But oh well, everyone has to grow up sooner or later.

Chicago Death Rate
Jul 23, 2001

by Ralp
Honestly I would like what's happened to GBS in the past week to happen to Howard. Every single caller trolls his rear end and his employees start talking about his small kike cock. It would be great.

After what I said about his birthday I had no idea it was 86 days away. I thought they were publicizing something a week from now. I sure as gently caress wont remember this poo poo 3 months from now if I'm not listening. I sometimes just stop listening to Howard and don't even realize it.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Sean_Miller posted:

Honestly I would like what's happened to GBS in the past week to happen to Howard. Every single caller trolls his rear end and his employees start talking about his small kike cock. It would be great.

After what I said about his birthday I had no idea it was 86 days away. I thought they were publicizing something a week from now. I sure as gently caress wont remember this poo poo 3 months from now if I'm not listening. I sometimes just stop listening to Howard and don't even realize it.

So I really don't want to derail but I have to ask somewhere: what happened to GBS? I almost never venture there anymore and I've seen posts here and there now talking about the "new GBS".

VVVVVVV - I see, thanks.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Nov 6, 2013

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Here are the current GBS rules:

1. Any image you post should be safe for work

2. Don't spam the forum or a thread

3. Don't post personal info

4. Only use the reports function for people violating one of these rules

So it's quickly become FYAD Lite.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

mrfreeze posted:

So am I the only one who thinks Arties new book makes him look really loving bad? Like I'm only up to him talking about the Rolling Stone interview, but he spent the entire first chapter completely shifting all over Teddy, and this one talking about how he was so high he almost slept through the photoshoot, that he spent the whole thing insulting the photographer, and then attacking the woman who wrote the actual article because obviously she had an axe to grind. I mean the first book made him look like a heinous gently caress up, but he was still kinda charming and lovable. This one just makes him seem like an evil spiteful rear end in a top hat who can't take any responsibility even in retrospect.

I for one am totally shocked the C- talent with a lucky-rear end-once-in-a-lifetime-hookup that certainly highlighted his minimal talents while not immediately exacerbating his extreme failures as a successful human being completely imploaded once it became obvious to even a horse-addicted nobody that his fame was solely based on the occasional wacky and completely embellished story and a mid-level affiliation with Howard Stern

Ducktales Blogger
Nov 2, 2013

by angerbeet
What's planned for his birthday?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

AxeManiac posted:

It would be kind of funny if some stuttering idiot ran up to him and asked him questions like "Do you have grey pubic hair?" or ""Would you ever consider making it with a guy?" or "How much would it cost you to do lesbian photos for a magazine?"

Howard sent Gary Garver (I think) to ask John questions when he addressed some stuttering organization, and John made sure he couldn't get anywhere near him.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

an adult beverage posted:

So what's up with this, is this going to be on a real TV channel? Jimmy Kimmel is throwing this?

If it was on TV, it wouldn't be a "special subscriber event".

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Ducktales Blogger posted:

What's planned for his birthday?

The evening's events kick off at 5:00 PM. Master of ceremonies duties will be split between Joan Rivers and Lisa Lampenelli. Music throughout the evening will be provided by Leslie West, although Train gets the honor of playing "Happy Birthday" for Howard. After dinner, Beth will host a live kitten adoption event in the form of an auction with winning bids going towards the expansion of NSAL. The party wraps up at 9:30 so everyone can be home and in bed no later than 11:00.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
^^^^^God dammit, you're funnier than me...

"Special appearances by: Joan Rivers, Jesse Ventura, Tan Mom..."

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

AxeManiac posted:

"Are they drooping yet?"

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

kylej posted:

"Are they drooping yet?"

Is that the question that got him punched by Raquel Welch?

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Holy poo poo Benjy arguing with Fred was the most insufferable thing I've ever heard, and I usually love Benjy. Every word out of his fat loving mouth drove me up the wall. Seemed like there's a lot of genuine bile there that I've never picked up on . Fred giving it right back to him owned though.

Chicago Death Rate
Jul 23, 2001

by Ralp
I caught the wrap up show for that and want to hear what the hell they were arguing about.

John Stamos in studio always ends up with H. Stern gushing over how god drat good he looks. He is right though.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Yeah it's crazy. Stamos tweeted a picture of Howard and him from the show today. Despite all of Stern's wigs, dyes, and makeup, he really is starting to look old. He's getting to that point where you can see his face starting to droop and get old looking. Stamos is starting to age a bit, but it's barely showing.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Stamos is only 50... he's probably topped out and it's all down hill from here.

Chicago Death Rate
Jul 23, 2001

by Ralp
Poor kids inherited Garys teeth god drat

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Sean_Miller posted:

I caught the wrap up show for that and want to hear what the hell they were arguing about.

The other day Robin did her "Oh you know I heard someone say nobody likes Benjy's girlfriend.." and Benjy reacted by saying it was bitchy, and doing the whole "Oh I heard someone thinks you're a bitch" thing. The next day a caller spurred an 'Ask Fred' segment by asking him to rank his opinion of everyone on the show- Fred said Howard and Robin were 1 or 2, and then went down the list. He said Benjy isn't even close to being on the list, and said one of the reasons why is how Benjy treats Fred's friends.

Benjy got all indignant and started demanding to know who it was and Fred eventually admitted that he was referring to the Robin incident. From there it just twisted into Benjy asking Fred why he's so angry and being generally insulting and stupid as gently caress and Fred was having none of it.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Sean_Miller posted:

Poor kids inherited Garys teeth god drat

Did you fax this to yourself, blow it up, scan the poster then upload it? Good god, that is a huge, blurry image.

Chicago Death Rate
Jul 23, 2001

by Ralp
I pulled it from a DVD I found from a one H. Stern.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Sean_Miller posted:

I pulled it from a DVD I found from a one H. Stern.

Howard should have spun it that the DVD was really from this H. Stern:

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Apparently Artie was on Conan last night?

http://teamcoco.com/video/artie-lange-hates-a-rod
http://teamcoco.com/video/artie-lange-bruce-call

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

He was on Cowhead this week as well.

Swiller of Beer
Jan 2, 2003
Cold Hearted S.O.B.
Soiled Meat

Mr Hands Colon posted:

He was on Cowhead this week as well.

And he did the Ellis show too.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but yesterday's (may have been the day before) O&A was pretty entertaining, especially considering Tim Sabean's apparent involvement with their show now.
It looks like Opie/Anthony are pretty pissed at current state of affairs, and Tim is/was going behind their back on the direction of the show.
They also were vocal about not being able to book certain guests because of politics in the office.
Lastly, there seems to be a big push from above to get them out of mornings and switch up to the afternoon drive.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

MoreMetalBrian posted:

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but yesterday's (may have been the day before) O&A was pretty entertaining, especially considering Tim Sabean's apparent involvement with their show now.
It looks like Opie/Anthony are pretty pissed at current state of affairs, and Tim is/was going behind their back on the direction of the show.
They also were vocal about not being able to book certain guests because of politics in the office.
Lastly, there seems to be a big push from above to get them out of mornings and switch up to the afternoon drive.

They're upset Omarosa was taken by Howard's show?

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
I seriously can't take Hanzi anymore...

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

FogHelmut posted:

They're upset Omarosa was taken by Howard's show?

At least switch it up, maybe get Jeri from Survivor season 2.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I'm like the guy on the last page who basically hasn't listened to the show since Artie stabbed himself, but is it worth listening to these days? I guess I lasted like another 4 months or so with Fred and Robin trying to pick up the slack and couldn't deal with it.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Swiller of Beer posted:

And he did the Ellis show too.

He's going on every show other than Howard, really. And here's Gary addressing why that isn't the case in pretty much the most pathetic way possible: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpMwNTNnJkc

BigFactory posted:

I'm like the guy on the last page who basically hasn't listened to the show since Artie stabbed himself, but is it worth listening to these days? I guess I lasted like another 4 months or so with Fred and Robin trying to pick up the slack and couldn't deal with it.

If you couldn't deal with it then? No, don't bother.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

BigFactory posted:

For me, it was the fact that they're almost never on, and you never knew when they would be off, and gently caress paying for that.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

BigFactory posted:

Remember those moments when you couldn't get out of your car because you wanted to see how a segment ended? That poo poo is long gone.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

kolby posted:

Remember those moments when you couldn't get out of your car because you wanted to see how a segment ended? That poo poo is long gone.

I was almost late for a job interview because I was listening to people screaming over the definition of a "proper pushup". :allears:

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

I was almost late for a job interview because I was listening to people screaming over the definition of a "proper pushup". :allears:
YOU BETTER PAY OFF!!!

(WOAAAHHHH!!!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I like how he was almost going into a loving trance before it started. It was 17 push-ups, not the NYC Marathon.