Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

This was the best I could do, I had to slow it down slightly just to make it visible and even then I'm not sure how apparent it is.

I also considered one where the TV was replaced by Black Canary shrieking at the viewer but that'll have to wait for another day.

I feel like Ollie should be further behind the holy gently caress and the arrow itself more pronounced, also needs more green overall.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Nov 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If Officer Lance hasn't figured out that Oliver is the Arrow by now he's got to be the worst cop ever. Felicity helping the Arrow independent of Oliver is possible but her helping out Sara too is kind of stretching it.

dodob
May 20, 2004

muscles like this? posted:

If Officer Lance hasn't figured out that Oliver is the Arrow by now he's got to be the worst cop ever. Felicity helping the Arrow independent of Oliver is possible but her helping out Sara too is kind of stretching it.

I was almost sure Officer Lance in that last scene would drop a hint that he knew Arrow's true identity (because like you said, after Felicity and Sarah, how could he not?) But something tells me he knows but he wants to leave it alone.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

dodob posted:

I was almost sure Officer Lance in that last scene would drop a hint that he knew Arrow's true identity (because like you said, after Felicity and Sarah, how could he not?) But something tells me he knows but he wants to leave it alone.

At this point I think they're building to a heartwarming scene where the Arrow is rushing off to risk his life and Lance lets on that he knows as he's going.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
If I remember correctly he knew who Arrow was in the first season and once he saw that Ollie has changed he had no real desire to chase him down. He has even less desire now that Ollie is not killing.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

At this point I think they're building to a heartwarming scene where the Arrow is rushing off to risk his life and Lance lets on that he knows as he's going.

"Oh, hi Oliver, there's this terrible hostage crisis downtown... Just thought I, a recovering alcoholic, would stop by your nightclub to grab a Coke first... "

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

dodob posted:

muscles like this? posted:

Considering how quickly he worked out exactly who & what Sarah was doing, ya he knows.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Marvel's been paying attention to how good Arrow is, they just announced 4 new Netflix series that will be street level heroes and will end in a Defenders series.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

Marvel's been paying attention to how good Arrow is, they just announced 4 new Netflix series that will be street level heroes and will end in a Defenders series.

It's too bad they don't make the Agents of Shield better, then. It's a pile of rocks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Drifter posted:

It's too bad they don't make the Agents of Shield better, then. It's a pile of rocks.

Well there's two ways this could go. We could get House of Cards quality or Hemlock Grove quality.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Drifter posted:

I agree that it started a bit rocky but I thought the most recent episode was great and they are finally firing on all cylinders.

It still isn't arrow at this point but what is?

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I love that we basically had a great plotline developed and resolved within one episode without having it stretched out over a billion instead.

I was really worried they'd kill off Sara in the episode, but fortunately they didn't, because she's clearly one of the best thing about the show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She can't die until Laurel knows she's alive first anyway.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
That CW Bose thingy.
Also
Amell put this up on his facebook.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I love that he loves being Oliver Queen so much. How often does a lead actor take to their role on this level? Especially in a genre show like Arrow?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I love that he loves being Oliver Queen so much. How often does a lead actor take to their role on this level? Especially in a genre show like Arrow?

The cast of Spartacus seemed to love their roles.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

The cast of Spartacus seemed to love their roles.

Hmmm, maybe I should watch Spartacus. the only other that I can think of is the cast of Farscape.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

This is what we will now call pulling an Anti-Welling.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Deadpool posted:

YES.

Jesus, did anyone ever hate a job as much as that rear end in a top hat?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

YES.

Jesus, did anyone ever hate a job as much as that rear end in a top hat?

Not a TV show but Robert Pattinson hated the Twilight series.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

bobkatt013 posted:

Not a TV show but Robert Pattinson hated the Twilight series.

Which somehow makes him more endearing.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

Rhyno posted:

Hmmm, maybe I should watch Spartacus. the only other that I can think of is the cast of Farscape.

Spartacus is a really great show.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

:golfclap:

We have a winner, make it a part of the smiley arsenal, gents.

Also, has anyone nabbed the season 1 soundtrack? It's amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dINK9HneLYM

Deakul fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Nov 7, 2013

ChetReckless
Sep 16, 2009

That is precisely the thing to do, Avatar.
Spartacus is a fantastic show that had a rough start that put a lot of people off. The first three episodes are not great but things improve dramatically starting in the fourth episode. Even though the Gods of the Arena mini-season is technically a prequel, don't watch it until after you finish the first season -- if I recall correctly it literally opens on the same scene that the first season ends on. It's definitely not something you want spoiled.

It's a great show. Really. Nice to see some of the actors work their way into Arrow.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Deadpool posted:

I parsed this as Peter Welling and was about to come in here defending Robocop.

Then I realized you were probably talking about Smallville and Tom Welling can go gently caress himself.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Deakul posted:

:golfclap:

We have a winner, make it a part of the smiley arsenal, gents.

Also, has anyone nabbed the season 1 soundtrack? It's amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dINK9HneLYM

Blake Neely's score is one of the best things about the series. And yeah, the CD is awesome.

WarLocke posted:

I parsed this as Peter Welling and was about to come in here defending Robocop.

Then I realized you were probably talking about Smallville and Tom Welling can go gently caress himself.

Yeah, definitely Tom Welling.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Deakul posted:

New Sarah has a weird thing with her mouth and it's bugging me, other than that I like her.

She has a kind of Renee Zellweger "My lips are always pursed, like I just tasted a lemon" thing going.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Haha holy poo poo, Paul Blackthorne knocks it out of the loving park in this last episode. "I wish I could tell you." :unsmith:

Dude is seriously underappreciated. Think I might rewatch the Dresden Files for more Blackthorne.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

WarLocke posted:

Haha holy poo poo, Paul Blackthorne knocks it out of the loving park in this last episode. "I wish I could tell you." :unsmith:

Dude is seriously underappreciated. Think I might rewatch the Dresden Files for more Blackthorne.

As a complete fan of the books and owner of the show on dvd, blackthorne was the only good part of that show. I was really glad he got cast for Arrow.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I never saw that show but he was always my favorite 24 villain.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Error 404 posted:

As a complete fan of the books and owner of the show on dvd, blackthorne was the only good part of that show. I was really glad he got cast for Arrow.

Show Bob was pretty good too, even if he was nothing like the 'real' Bob.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

As far as I'm concerned Caity Lotz can stick around on the show as long as she wants.

Speculation based on a comment in last night's episode ahead.

Who wants to bet that Talia (if that's the child of Ra's they were referring to) was the woman that Fyers reported to last season?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Hollis posted:

I really like the new intro voice over explaining why he stopped killing.

Flashback time!

Really like Amells fake hair.

It's quite good, isn't it? Especially after watching the Once Upon A Time franchise and the truly horrifying wigs they use on those two shows. loving hell, it's like they shop for costumes at the halloween discount isle. Arrow deserves a lot of credit for the hair/make-up/costuming work they do. Black Canary's face-modifying domino mask was a pretty great touch, and Felicity's always got some great outfits. (well, that powergirl-esque boob-window top in the commercial thing was weird but other than that)

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Deadpool posted:

As far as I'm concerned Caity Lotz can stick around on the show as long as she wants.

Speculation based on a comment in last night's episode ahead.

Who wants to bet that Talia (if that's the child of Ra's they were referring to) was the woman that Fyers reported to last season?

Almost certainly but I'm betting it's Nyssa and not Talia. If they do Talia, she'd probably be better starting off not knowing her parentage and transforming to a villain over a season.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Lawlicaust posted:

Almost certainly but I'm betting it's Nyssa and not Talia. If they do Talia, she'd probably be better starting off not knowing her parentage and transforming to a villain over a season.

It is going to end up being Felicity

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I'll be seriously disappointed if Summer Glau doesn't end up being the child of Ghul.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Phylodox posted:

She has a kind of Renee Zellweger "My lips are always pursed, like I just tasted a lemon" thing going.

It was really bothering me in her first couple episodes, like constant Blue Steel, but she seems to have toned it way down. Hardly even noticed it this week. Dunno if we should credit that to her or the directors, but either way, very happy to see.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Phylodox posted:

I'll be seriously disappointed if Summer Glau doesn't end up being the child of Ghul.

Isobel Ruchev is a separate DC character, so it's unlikely but still possible I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

XboxPants posted:

It's quite good, isn't it? Especially after watching the Once Upon A Time franchise and the truly horrifying wigs they use on those two shows. loving hell, it's like they shop for costumes at the halloween discount isle. Arrow deserves a lot of credit for the hair/make-up/costuming work they do. Black Canary's face-modifying domino mask was a pretty great touch, and Felicity's always got some great outfits. (well, that powergirl-esque boob-window top in the commercial thing was weird but other than that)

It's called a keyhole top,it wasn't a thing invented for Power Girl.

Phylodox posted:

Me too, because she really needs a reason to exist.

• Locked thread