Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I saw standees for FX and Sons of Anarchy in the video store scene.

Meta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Cricket is looking super rough.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
DAVE!!!!

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Cricket doesn't need both eyes.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Is that Dave from Happy Endings? What he originally that character?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Everyone going insane in this episode.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Someone please gif the door opening to reveal the fire.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
I'm dying laughing, what a fantastic episode.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Worst episode of the season I thought... oh well. Good season!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Bizarro Bruce showing up was my favorite gag. I think it would have been even funnier if they had just slammed the door in his face though.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Liams fake eye stole every scene.

Hoffbonics
May 12, 2003

Always a gentleman
youtube.com/letsgotoclass
Don't check this out if you haven't seen the finale yet, there's some contextual spoilers going on (nothing that wasn't shown in the "next time on..." teasers though):

Observing the Sunny Crew:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQx2pBZb5D8

I don't think there's anything this guy can do that won't be loving hilarious

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

That episode was a great tribute to the hosed up world the gang has left in their wake. It's like a bizarro version of the Seinfeld finale, instead of the gang getting any kind of comeuppance from the people they have wronged over the years they ended up sealing all of their enemies in a burning apartment. I know that wasn't THE finale but I still feel like it's an apt comparison. Other thoughts: I can't believe it took them this long to bring back Gail the Snail. Also, I lost it every time Frank was glaring at his landlord and some dumb 80s song was playing.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Man, that eye genuinely creeped me out Infinitely more disturbing than Harrow's half-face on Boardwalk Empire somehow.

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Nov 7, 2013

RequiemDream
Nov 2, 2013
Hi, I'm Azure_Horizon and I'm literally a rapist.
Poor Dave Rose from Happy Endings. His second marriage really didn't go so well either.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Butt Soup Barnes posted:

Wawa shoutout! They really do have great subs.

WaWa is the fuckin poo poo. (Or at least they're convenient convenience stores with things I like)

"I may have started a money fire"

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

Fast Luck posted:

Worst episode of the season I thought... oh well. Good season!

Are you kidding? What an amazing episode.

'it was my crippling drug problem. '

' wanna do a bump? '

Poor cricket.

' they're all going to burn to death'

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

muscles like this? posted:

Cricket is looking super rough.

I think someone has said that once per season since Season 4.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I think my favorites this season were Mac Day and The Gang Gets Quarantined, though again I felt top to bottom this season was great. Miss it already.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
What a piece of poo poo that guy is.

I love the gang when they're passing judgement.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Waltzing Along posted:

Liams fake eye stole every scene.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
How can the season be over? The League still has three episodes left.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Waltzing Along posted:

The League still has three episodes left.

Why would that matter?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Ithaqua posted:

Why would that matter?

They normally run concurrently. Start and end on the same nights. And most Sunny seasons have 13 episodes. Last season only had 10. Hmm...Darn. Sucks.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Amazing finale! I was dying when the brothers came back and the eye patch had a painted eye on it. Mary Lynn Rajskub (I will always know her as Chloe from 24 :colbert:) plays that character so well. I am glad she was there. Kind of sad 7th heaven pastor didn't show up :( . He was probably busy shooting Revolution.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

tonic316 posted:

Mary Lynn Rajskub (I will always know her as Chloe from 24 :colbert:)

I'll always know her from Mr. Show, since she did most of the "...it's Bob and David!" introductions after she joined the cast.

Anyway, preeeetty good episode, not the best this season, but then it's hard to compete with all those other outstanding episodes. My favorite parts were Liam's eye and "Wordy Rappinghood" playing at the party.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
I enjoyed the episode, but I didn't really love it, the plot seemed like something that could have been bettered with having a longer run-time and with a couple more characters like The Lawyer or Schmitty (but still ultimately culminating in the same ending)

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I liked this one. The Gang locking all of their unsuspecting acquaintances in a burning apartment felt...right, somehow. Especially when you start to hear them starting to panic on the other side of the door as "Happy Thanksgiving" writes itself across the screen in cursive.

Yesterday I had this song stuck in my head and starting singing it to myself...then I turn on the TV and it's playing during a Sunny promo on FXX!

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

one millionth of one millionth of a second
That was a hell of a send-off for Cricket and the McPoyles.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

picosecond posted:

That was a hell of a send-off for Cricket and the McPoyles.

Cricket is gonna come back, now with severe burns across the side of his face, and missing the eye the McPoyles took.

"Man Cricket is looking rough this season"

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

timp posted:

Yesterday I had this song stuck in my head and starting singing it to myself...then I turn on the TV and it's playing during a Sunny promo on FXX!

Don't they use bit of that in most, if not all of the Sunny promos? For a song I've never heard before it's extremely familiar.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

ultramiraculous posted:

Cricket is gonna come back, now with severe burns across the side of his face, and missing the eye the McPoyles took.

"Man Cricket is looking rough this season"

He'll also have a massive axe scar on his arm, don't forget.

PittTheElder posted:

Don't they use bit of that in most, if not all of the Sunny promos? For a song I've never heard before it's extremely familiar.

Not sure...I can't even tell if I first heard the song during the promo or somewhere else. Although honestly I feel like I recognize that song from the 80's, so it may be that it just has that quality of familiarity to it. Good song either way!

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

10 weeks just loving flew by.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

King Vidiot posted:

I'll always know her from Mr. Show, since she did most of the "...it's Bob and David!" introductions after she joined the cast.

Only for the first two seasons. Cross ousted her when they broke up. But yeah, I will always know her for her comedic chops. Her silly dancing during Jeepers Creepers Semi-Star. Her performance in Rap! The Musical. And all of that.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I saw standees for FX and Sons of Anarchy in the video store scene.

Meta.

I think the prodigious use of the word "beef" was also a nod to SoA.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Damnit, I came to this thread hoping someone had made a gif of the amazing (and vacant) staredown between Frank and Wong. Frank does the best thousand mile/has no idea what's going on -stare.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Frank using "nose clams" was a great subtle callback.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I died laughing at Dennis' over the top Philly accent when he said "hoagie" in the opening scene. Calling it "The WaWa" rather than just "WaWa" was a good touch.

Also, WaWa hoagies used to be upscale Subway, but since they changed their rolls, its above-average Subway at best.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Ror posted:

Frank using "nose clams" was a great subtle callback.

Things like that make me wish I did drugs so I could start calling it that, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

When was the first nose clams reference? That had me laughing in the last episode.