Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Chuds McGreedy posted:

I started this last one with an hour and 11 minutes remaining and pretty much babysat it the whole time and barely sneaked into 44th place for the sweet double hero tokens.

I'd blame this specific one on the fact that everyone is home from work/school and kicking back at this point of the night, and I think maybe only the Doom lightning rounds offer 2x hero tokens? I may be blind and misread it, but I could have sworn the rewards screen for the Loki rounds show the top 50 as only a single token.

Edit: Yup looks like a solitary heroic Loki token pull for your 50% Loki needs.

Yeah it was rough. And it seems doctor doom tournaments give better rewards.

Edit: I'm a little worried that all this pvp is power leveling me and then next chapter will be too easy or they will have to make it way to difficult :ohdear:

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Nov 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
If you're feeling overleveled I'm guessing we'll be right on par for what the devs are intending. Since they're doing away with leveling insta-heals within a month, or whenever the hell that patch hits, we'll just be maxing out levels with whatever ISO we have laying around anyway.

The great thing I really like with this game is the team synergies you can come up with, and I'm assuming that's what they are aiming for. Do you cover all your color bases with a wolverine/daken/classic storm or cap america team and slam the enemies with strike tile matches that cause your basic hits to smack the piss out of the opposition? Or do you form a team that primarily doles out burst damage from powers like with Thor and Iron-Man? Or do you do some miscellaneous weird poo poo like make a Venom web tile team eating team using boosts? Or some kind of hybrid like a Thor/Daken thing where you're creating green tiles with Thor's yellow move for Daken to produce strike tiles willy nilly?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Hey emron thanks for the 33 points on the juggernaut tournament :smug:

Edit: yes I got up to 800 points and got a blue captain America. Just 1 more blue to go! And hopefully I get the 26-50 reward for the last one. I managed to get in a slap fight with the first place player. He would take 6 points from me. I would take 44 from him :getin:

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Nov 7, 2013

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009
Thanks to the guy below's tips I've been able to get a fake FB account linked - https://www.facebook.com/trevor.huggins.923

Will update the spreadsheet now. I'll add the guys who added me on my real account.

Owlkill fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Nov 7, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh no. I drew two more three star cards I'll never level. Hood and Dr Doom :negative:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I fat fingered levelling a skill with gold.

It was Hawkeye, purple.

It was the fifth level, so my cover was then useless and I basically bought 100 ISO with gold. :negative:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Shwqa posted:

Hey emron thanks for the 33 points on the juggernaut tournament :smug:

Edit: yes I got up to 800 points and got a blue captain America. Just 1 more blue to go! And hopefully I get the 26-50 reward for the last one. I managed to get in a slap fight with the first place player. He would take 6 points from me. I would take 44 from him :getin:

The fact that you used a thor/storm/wolverine team to kill my thor/storm/wolverine team is the best illustration of pvp in this game ever.

(Good job, I think I've been attacked successfully like twice in the past three days)

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Does the game just randomly determine when you can send rewards to friends and how many friends you can send them to?

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Added myself to the list. https://www.facebook.com/bandire.jones

Now I just need to figure out how to switch accounts in the app.

Edit: Got it to work. Here's what I did. Sign out of the Facebook app. Create a new account and add some people. Go to my real Facebook account settings and delete the Marvel app data. Go back to settings in PQ and hit the connect to Facebook. It took a couple times to get it to work, and I had to completely close out of the game, but it connected eventually.

Bandire fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Nov 7, 2013

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009
So a question regarding the whole "fake account" thing on iphone - once Puzzle Quest is linked to your fake account,do you then have to stay logged in to your fake account on the facebook app in order to send/receive bonuses?

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Owlkill posted:

So a question regarding the whole "fake account" thing on iphone - once Puzzle Quest is linked to your fake account,do you then have to stay logged in to your fake account on the facebook app in order to send/receive bonuses?

Nope, as long as you've linked it to the fake one once you can log out of it on the facebook app and into your real one, and everything works hunky dory.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
The two Lightning Rounds almost seem like completely different events.

Ran the Doom one just now and breezed through it -- barely got attacked, reached the 500 point mark, got the Top 2 reward.

Running the Hood one now with pretty much the same teams and I'm getting annihilated -- attacked from all directions, mostly by people I don't recognize from prior PvP, swarmed to where I can't stay over 150 points. People were attacking me instead of the "Hood 15 + Iron Man 1" dummy accounts.

Which is strange to me since the Doom rounds have superior rewards, arguably.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
It's not easy being #1

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Yesterday's Lightning Round went a bit silly at the end. I beat some guy, he retaliated, I retaliated back, and so on until I was finished for the night. From what I can tell, my team is generally really good when I can control it and drop a load of thunderbolts. When it's AI, I guess it blows all the yellows on bloody Iron Man and his rubbish one. It's only one more match.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
That moment when you're doing old Hammer, juggernaut, and venom missions to get standard tokens, and instead of blue iron man, hawkeye, or black widow, it gives you green wolverine (astonishing), the one skill you needed for him.

(Seriously the game won't stop giving me blue iron man)

E: Just got another one

Deep Winter fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Nov 7, 2013

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Since I managed to get 20 spaces I decided now would be a good time to get a black widow. 10 purples and 0 blues so far :rolldice:

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Iv decided to move to a fake fb account for this - will I lose my progress if I switch fb accounts inside the app?

Doom breed
Mar 22, 2012
Added myself to the list so I too can share in the bountiful wonders of having lots of internet friends.

https://www.facebook.com/david.delamotte.50

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I busted my rear end and blew all my heals to get the double heroic token slot in this last lightning round. The reward? Double yellow Bag Man. :saddowns:

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
New fake account added

https://www.facebook.com/fakeus.marvelous

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Looks like the new update is in. Half hourly heals hooray!

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Lechtansi posted:

Iv decided to move to a fake fb account for this - will I lose my progress if I switch fb accounts inside the app?

You can't switch in the app as far as I know. I emailed d3 about it, they asked for the fb ID numbers I want to swap, and I haven't heard back yet a day later.

Outside of the jugg tourney, I still don't think juggernaut is all that bad. His match 3 damage is decent, he has tons of hp, and his green skill is a ghetto board reset for only 6 ap. His red skill is good too imo, 6 ap to do like 450 damage at level 15. I've been saving greens to make strike tiles with wolverine then doing double headbutts to kill people fast.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The Juggernaut tourney is loving amazing though. Very rarely is anybody using Juggernaut himself, so matches are basically just matching gems against Storm until she goes down, one-shotting the Thor and then mopping up whatever useless support character is left.

It will be less fun without levelling heals, but still - Juggers can take down a good two-three Thors with his boosted headbutts before KOing. If only Protect tiles reduced the damage he took.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I just can't keep up. I'm going to have to quit my job to maintain positioning in a tournament. I'm not even that highly ranked, I was rank 90something.

I love the little barely perceptible "...and others" at the very bottom.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I was total goon last night and went on a rampage on the juggernaut tournament at 3 am. Almost no one was awake so I could get to 800 points in peace.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
If you're dumb like me and haven't figured out how to switch facebook accounts yet, here's what D3 sent back to me:

Marvel Puzzle Quest (D3 Publisher)
Nov 07 17:11 (AST)

Hello!

Please log into the Facebook account that is currently linked to the game and then go into "Games" > "Your Apps".
Then select "settings" under Marvel Puzzle Quest, and select "remove".
You'll then need to make sure you aren't logged into Facebook either in the Facebook app, or in the devices settings, if there is a Facebook native login.
Once you've done this, you should be all set to log in with your desired Facebook account.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

I've been liking this game, but I think the high-level pvp is a lot less fun than low-level pvp. At high levels, the skills become so powerful that nearly every match is just a question of who gets their skills up first and then sweeps the other team. Since you're smarter than the AI, you can usually pull it off, but sometimes you'll get unlucky and then there's pretty much nothing you can do.

I'd also hate to be just starting the game now! It's pretty much designed around the rich getting richer...

That said, the core game is still fun and I'm looking forward to the next episode!

VVV It's not so much a problem with being able to destroy the enemy team without having to heal (that usually happens) - it's just that there's really no depth of strategy and entirely too much randomness after a certain point (to either the matches themselves or to ranking). VVV

Stickman fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Nov 8, 2013

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Stickman posted:

I've been liking this game, but I think the high-level pvp is a lot less fun than low-level pvp. At high levels, the skills become so powerful that nearly every match is just a question of who gets their skills up first and then sweeps the other team. Since you're smarter than the AI, you can usually pull it off, but sometimes you'll get unlucky and then there's pretty much nothing you can do.

I'd also hate to be just starting the game now! It's pretty much designed around the rich getting richer...

That said, the core game is still fun and I'm looking forward to the next episode!

I use +3 yellow and red ap and +3 all ap every PvP match. That way I got the lead on ap and can destroy enemy team 4-5 times before having to heal.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I've never gotten one of those "You were attacked!" screens...

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I finished a quick match for the final 3 points I needed to hit 900 in Free For All - only to be greeted by a screen telling me I'd lost 57 points and was back in the mid-80s :frogout:

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Kharmakazy posted:

I've never gotten one of those "You were attacked!" screens...

I wonder why, Cheaty McCheaterton. :smug:

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

A friendly reminder: Do not play this game while Stupid.

Was rushing through a match vs C-Storm, Thor and Doom (as you kinda have to these days), employing the usual protocol - beat Storm down before she can gently caress me up, then hope Thor doesn't gently caress me up too badly... I had Storm down to like 500, when my Wolverine's red nuke comes online (which does about 1500). I think "I'm in a hurry, let's be efficient, put the damage on Thor then come back to Storm". Boom.

Oh right, Raging Tempest. The entire reason I was attacking Storm first. Woops.

Jimby Nougats
May 6, 2009

I just made a dummy Facebook account, I need iso like wild.

https://www.facebook.com/georges.baptiste.104

Adding everyone in this thread now. This game is awful for me at work, every time I step out or go to the bathroom the lighting round calls my name, especially since I'm much more interested in maxing out The Hood since he's gotten the additional power/buffs.

Jimby Nougats fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Nov 8, 2013

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

SynthOrange posted:

Looks like the new update is in. Half hourly heals hooray!

Weird, it's not there on mine. I also had like 15 minutes where I could do a lightning round and not get any points recorded. Just killing teams with level 1 iron men over and over for free iso.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Oh you guys buy my Thor like 4-5 levels a day :allears:

He is up to level 77 and I hope to max him in 2 days or so. Then I think I will focus on wolverine. Storm classic is nice but people just target her for PVP first. I think having high level Thor and wolverine tag team people while they desperately try to kill storm will be better than a high level storm dying a turn or 2 later.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
You have to quit the app entirely (like, load something else to take up memory) and reload it for the changes to pop up. It's like when they changed the one mission in Unstable ISO.

Finally had a Daken show up and I'm not sure I'm keeping him. Wolverine X-Force, Black Widow Grey Suit and Daken are on the 1-skill bubble.

Doom, on the other hand, is at 2/3 and climbing and has some promise.

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008
I've pumped my Wolverine up to level 52 over the last couple days thanks to the Goon funds flowing in - totally worth it, the damage output when you get a decent amount of strike tiles out is just insane.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Gallow posted:

I wonder why, Cheaty McCheaterton. :smug:

True. But I didn't see one before I started cheating either. There are also lots of other cheaters playing, so I figure one of them should have attacked by now..

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

So how do boosts work when someone fits into more than one category? I guess Storm is a mutant and one of the X-Men? Would they stack? And for X-Men, is it just people in the series, or do they have to be part of the group? Like Magneto and Juggernaut and that. Also, the Dark Avengers should really fit into Hammer too, but I bet they don't.

Should be a thing on the stats screen I think, which categories characters fit into. Might give the devs a buzz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Oh man Thor just keeps getting better. At level 77 :

Hp:4680
Red 46
Yellow 41
Green 36

Red ability deals: 1050 damage
Yellow ability deals 2100 damage

I think raising one hero at a time is better than a balanced team. It takes about 3-4 levels to even get more damage on abilities. With 12 red ap and 6 yellow Thor can take out most teams.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Nov 8, 2013