Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The Rage posted:

Rhinox and Double Dealer are up for pre-order on HTS, theres a 20% and free shipping code right now too Family2013

Rhinox
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/transformers-generations-30th-anniversary-voyager-class-rhinox-figure?BR=496&ID=32484

Double Dealer
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/transformers-generations-30th-anniversary-voyager-class-decepticon-doubledealer-figure?BR=496&ID=32483

Picked up both of those and all the legends packs for $69 shipped. Not bad.

Gotta say despite being a retool, Double Dealer looks really snazzy and the color scheme has it down perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

The Rage posted:

Rhinox and Double Dealer are up for pre-order on HTS, theres a 20% and free shipping code right now too Family2013

Rhinox
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/transformers-generations-30th-anniversary-voyager-class-rhinox-figure?BR=496&ID=32484

Double Dealer
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/transformers-generations-30th-anniversary-voyager-class-decepticon-doubledealer-figure?BR=496&ID=32483

I think I'm going to spring for the Takara Rhinox, the paint is that much better.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

TheDK posted:

I think I'm going to spring for the Takara Rhinox, the paint is that much better.

Colors are really better, but I can't see spending 3x the price

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

WendigoJohnson posted:

Gotta say despite being a retool, Double Dealer looks really snazzy and the color scheme has it down perfectly.

I'd love to know if they fixed any of the myriad QC problems Blitzwing had, because Doubledealer does look cool as gently caress. I highly doubt it though.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Bluestreak arrived this morning, another £34 HLJ result! Only had time to take him out the box but he looks fabulous - a gorgeous car mode and all paint apps seem to be nicely done without any problems. Will stick up some pics later.

God, I love the 280ZX, such a lovely car.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

The Rage posted:

Rhinox

Double Dealer

Thanks for this! I'm going to hold off on Double Dealer for now, but Rhinox looks awesome.

Also, I'll be goddamned, Chaos/Paladin is finally in stock at TFSource. You boys be careful you don't run into any Rapture today.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Goldskull posted:

I'd love to know if they fixed any of the myriad QC problems Blitzwing had, because Doubledealer does look cool as gently caress. I highly doubt it though.

I'm sure there will be plenty of canaries early-birding that particular coal mine for us in the fandom. If they did fix the issues there will be plenty of time to pick him up, I think.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
This guy is pure love.

Quite honestly, if I can get the full season one crew out of this line, that'd be me happily done for good.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

If you don't avoid Bumblebee toys (or beast Hunters) out of principle, I'll tell you that Night Shadow Bumblebee (BH BB black repaint) is super cool. Ever since DOTM murderbee I skip the initial yellow version and wait for the dark repaint, and this one does not disappoint. Not only that, it looks like Hasbro found their lost bucket of paint for this guy since he's pretty well painted.

Prowl is also pretty neat, better than Smokescreen IMO.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

If you don't avoid Bumblebee toys (or beast Hunters) out of principle, I'll tell you that Night Shadow Bumblebee (BH BB black repaint) is super cool. Ever since DOTM murderbee I skip the initial yellow version and wait for the dark repaint, and this one does not disappoint. Not only that, it looks like Hasbro found their lost bucket of paint for this guy since he's pretty well painted.

Prowl is also pretty neat, better than Smokescreen IMO.

I'm mad that beast hunters got a proper sized and painted Huffer figure before Generations did. :colbert:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Dark Cybertron justifies itself in a single panel.

The rest of it is kind of a meandering soup and I hope everyone enjoys a second rehash of the Furman stuff! Oh boy!

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

If the rehash is an interesting take on the material, absolutely (disclaimer: I haven't read any of it yet). Furman's ideas weren't bad, it was the execution that was lacking.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Spiderdrake posted:

The rest of it is kind of a meandering soup and I hope everyone enjoys a second rehash of the Furman stuff! Oh boy!

What panel?

Is it Swerves ring tone?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

WendigoJohnson posted:

I'm mad that beast hunters got a proper sized and painted Huffer figure before Generations did. :colbert:
There was Power Core Combiner Huffer, he wasn't a great figure, but he's a better Huffer than the angry pointy snowplow that is Beast Hunters Huffer. I really liked the Ironhide version of that mold, but the Trialcutter/Huffer remold just looks ridiculous to me. The question is, should a proper Generations-sized Huffer be the size of Optimus Prime to make the alt modes to scale, or be small and have the alt mode be out of scale or something different than G1?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Spiderdrake posted:

Furman's initial 80 or so IDW issues are the best TF fiction yet, so I'm down with this.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Veg posted:

What panel?

Is it Swerves ring tone?
For me it was
the panel that began with "SIR!"

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Man I thought I was the only person who liked Garnak! But yeah I liked the ring tone, that panel, the Whirl X-man line and Prowl's shot at the dinobots was good.

Very mixed bag - The crossover itself seems pointless but the writing around it seems good?

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Furman's initial 80 or so IDW issues are the best TF fiction yet, so I'm down with this.
Debatable as that particular consideration might be, the problem is each time they come back to the Dead Universe and its cast they shave off another layer of Furman's subtly and replace it further ham fisted characterization. Like, Nova was defined as something of a racist who yearned to go elsewhere and expand - Furman's line was fantastic, 'He had a certain moral ambiguity when it came to the Cybertronian ideal'. Furman described the earlier primes as assholes but didn't really go over the line. Now he's like some bizarre matrix reaping whackjob who flies into the Dead Universe because he's crazy.

Also there's a serious plotting problem with Jhiaxus' communication to Shockwave, and the last page reveal is a wet fart on the Furman-scale.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Knormal posted:

The question is, should a proper Generations-sized Huffer be the size of Optimus Prime to make the alt modes to scale, or be small and have the alt mode be out of scale or something different than G1?

Altmode slightly smaller than Optimus, but stumpy legs and arms in bot mode, like a dwarf.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Knormal posted:

The question is, should a proper Generations-sized Huffer be the size of Optimus Prime to make the alt modes to scale, or be small and have the alt mode be out of scale or something different than G1?

Assuming Huffer is based on an Isuzu box truck (or something very similar) he isn't a vehicle that's as big as a Peterbilt COE. His transformation also gives him even less extra height in bot mode than does Prime's transformation.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Alright who is it that claims that all their Generations/RTS Jazz molds have the chest lock into place? I want pictures, show me what exactly locks into place, because my Jazz, my G2 Jazz, and my Wheelie do not lock, not a single one. Bust out a camera, show me what I'm missing that locks your chest in place, either pictures or video. Put up or shut up time.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The Rage posted:

Alright who is it that claims that all their Generations/RTS Jazz molds have the chest lock into place? I want pictures, show me what exactly locks into place, because my Jazz, my G2 Jazz, and my Wheelie do not lock, not a single one. Bust out a camera, show me what I'm missing that locks your chest in place, either pictures or video. Put up or shut up time.

Paging SpikeMcClain you have a call-out on line one.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

The Rage posted:

I made a similar challenge both here and at TFW. I'm both backing you up and telling you that as far as I can tell people are filthy liars.

edit: you will likely get a "well MY version does it, it reportedly varies so sorry about your bad luck LOL". I've never even seen video of it holding up to arm posing or anything. The fact that Blitzwing gets constant hate and Jazz gets a free pass is completely bewildering to me.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
It doesn't lock. Never said it did. I have... *goes and counts* 8 of the mold, and 7/8 are pretty drat solid. 1 is a bit looser than the others, but has no issues with being posed. I used to have a youtube video of me swinging one around by the arm, but that account got wiped. If you do have a loosey goosey one, when posing, hold place your finger and thumb on the center of the chest/bumper and the middle of the back/roof: should be a pretty natural way of holding it and there's no chance of the chest mechanism moving while you move the arms.

Edit:
Here's a quick video I just did with the closest one on hand. The original video was with the first version of the mold. And if anyone was wondering which one was looser than the other 7: it's Stepper.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkAtIsDTq8g

SpikeMcclane fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Nov 8, 2013

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

I believe that's what the kids these days are calling "pure ownage." :colbert:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Why cookie Rocket posted:

The fact that Blitzwing gets constant hate and Jazz gets a free pass is completely bewildering to me.
Man, I'm no big fan of that Jazz Mold and all its 'oddities' but that's just brutal. Blitzwing can't do anything right, Jazz is a great looking carmode that can't hold it together in robot.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

SpikeMcclane posted:

It doesn't lock. Never said it did. I have... *goes and counts* 8 of the mold, and 7/8 are pretty drat solid. 1 is a bit looser than the others, but has no issues with being posed. I used to have a youtube video of me swinging one around by the arm, but that account got wiped. If you do have a loosey goosey one, when posing, hold place your finger and thumb on the center of the chest/bumper and the middle of the back/roof: should be a pretty natural way of holding it and there's no chance of the chest mechanism moving while you move the arms.

Edit:
Here's a quick video I just did with the closest one on hand. The original video was with the first version of the mold. And if anyone was wondering which one was looser than the other 7: it's Stepper.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkAtIsDTq8g

Answers my question perfectly. It's not locked, you're holding it, which is exactly how I move the arms on mine. I thought somebody claimed that theirs locked down and could not be moved at all once done. None of mine are loose, that chest just doesn't lock into anything for anyone. :ms:

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Spiderdrake posted:

Man I thought I was the only person who liked Garnak! But yeah I liked the ring tone, that panel, the Whirl X-man line and Prowl's shot at the dinobots was good.

Very mixed bag - The crossover itself seems pointless but the writing around it seems good?
Debatable as that particular consideration might be, the problem is each time they come back to the Dead Universe and its cast they shave off another layer of Furman's subtly and replace it further ham fisted characterization. Like, Nova was defined as something of a racist who yearned to go elsewhere and expand - Furman's line was fantastic, 'He had a certain moral ambiguity when it came to the Cybertronian ideal'. Furman described the earlier primes as assholes but didn't really go over the line. Now he's like some bizarre matrix reaping whackjob who flies into the Dead Universe because he's crazy.

Also there's a serious plotting problem with Jhiaxus' communication to Shockwave, and the last page reveal is a wet fart on the Furman-scale.

Man I completely forgot how all that dead universe poo poo wrapped up in the past. Could you remind me just quickly what happened to each of the crew again?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
The whole dead universe thing is just such a....suckhole at the middle of a fantastic last five years of TF fiction. Of all the things to build a crossover event around, they had to pick the absolute worst one.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Prowl's homicide investigations back on earth were so much more interesting and compelling than Megatron fighting a massive swarm of zombies while prime was trying to stop Galvatron from pooping in Cybertron's water supply, or whatever he was supposed to be doing.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

On the brighter side, the direction they're taking Soundwave is fascinating. Really a good way to rewrite an iconic character that was also a blank slate.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The worst thing GD is it's been concluded repeatedly and none of this makes any sense. If you wanna use the Dead Universe again, maybe you should actually build a convincing reason that it's being used again? They seriously jammed two or three unrelated plot threads together and walked away from it after going 'good enough'. I genuinely want Barber to explain at some point the relation between the combiner project, using stolen data from Monstructor, the regenesis project, the dead universe, the two separate groups of titan hunters, and how any of this poo poo lines up.

And yeah, police action was fantastic. Can we return to special ops "murdering police and leaving cripples in the desert" Jazz and buddy-cop Streetwise with a groaning Prowl as his partner? edit: this isn't sarcasm, Jazz as a dude who can get poo poo done while still being a light-hearted character explicitly defined as for the benefit of others really works for me. I really recommend people dig up the spotlight of him taking on all 5 Predacons with a blind Tracks.

LightsGameraAction posted:

Man I completely forgot how all that dead universe poo poo wrapped up in the past. Could you remind me just quickly what happened to each of the crew again?

I'm a bit rusty on the Chaos/Heart of Darkness period (I've re-read Furman's run since then, and AHM, and they're both solid reads in retrospect. HoD is not, oh lord)
Galvatron - Perished in a solar pool on Garrus-9, resurrected by dark matrix, died at the end of Chaos, apparently resurrected here?
Cyclonus - Punched out by Pretenders (seriously! Furman used these! And they were good!) Survived outside the dead universe too long, was melting down crewmembers when 'resurrected' by the dark matrix, fought alongside Galvatron (they're mad at him for invading Kimia with sweeps and slaughtering non-combatants btw) then punched out Galvatron for hurting Cybertron. Re-formatted by Vector Sigma. Was specifically classified as a non-Decepticon by Chaos, but no one remembers this
Scourge - Presumed dead on Cybertron at the end of Chaos. No further mention, seems to have been literally the only casualty of the entire event.
Nova Prime - Died at the end of Furman's run, killed by Galvatron who appears beside him in this issue. Taunted Galvatron from the Dead Universe during the series no one should read. Resurrected here supposedly (though note Galvatron calls him Nova, when I think he was going by Nemesis previously?)
Straxus - Died on Earth from Dead Universe withdrawl syndrome or whatever. Never mentioned again.
Grindcore - Same as above. Another great design/name they forget to use.
Tailpipe - Melted in a smelting pool or turned into a sweep. No one will ever know your secret, Tailgate!
Bludgeon - Somehow had his brain damage from the Pretender process fixed and now works for Jhiaxus
Jhiaxus - Killed by Arcee an infinite number of times in Revelation. Somehow got back to Cybertron because the Autobots have serious issues with prisoner policy. He will die at the end of this crossover.
Kup - Is in the Dead Universe and will likely come back as old, pre-AHM/pretender Kup. Which is honestly poo poo, gently caress reverting character arcs

PriNcessofDarXness
Jun 16, 2009

SpikeMcclane posted:

...when posing, hold place your finger and thumb on the center of the chest/bumper and the middle of the back/roof: should be a pretty natural way of holding it and there's no chance of the chest mechanism moving while you move the arms.

Okay, because this came up again, I seriously gotta chime in; How the hell is this not common sense? For the longest time when people would complain about this I would go to my shelf, grab the figure and never figure out what was wrong with it until a couple of months ago when someone else suggested holding it in the above fashion. The only way I can see this being any issue at all is if you're holding him by the head, crotch or legs. I've always held all my figures by the center of the torso when posing limbs because its usually the most secure feeling spot to me. I guess my counter call out would be where exactly are so many people holding him that its really that big an issue?

PriNcessofDarXness fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Nov 8, 2013

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

When IDW had that Kup Spotlight that ended up with him basically being a sockpuppet for Prowl, that was quite possibly the greatest idea they could have ever thought of that they then completely loving abandoned.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

SOON

I'm glad to see they didn't gently caress up the colors. I hope the other Dinobots are a bit bigger, Swoop being small is fine since he's a pteranodon, but I'd like my dinosaurs to be at least at least close to in scale. If Sludge isn't at least the same size as Grimlock I'm going to have an OCD fit.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

GD_American posted:

When IDW had that Kup Spotlight that ended up with him basically being a sockpuppet for Prowl, that was quite possibly the greatest idea they could have ever thought of that they then completely loving abandoned.
Prowl has/had some interesting set ups in the IDW universe, like Kup, Special Operations and his planned fuckery with Overlord.

I don't understand this Dark Cybertron stuff, surprised Roberts put his hand up for going through it all again.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
"You're enjoying your time on MTMTE, Roberts?"
"Yessir! It's great fun!"
"That's great. Now, we're aware crossovers are a big thing in comics, and we'd like to crossover MTMTE and RID, and we'd like you to help write it."
"Ok, sure!"
"We're bringing back the dark universe for it, because Furman loved it so much!"
"Um. Ok."
"You do want to write it, don't you, Roberts? You do want to keep writing MTMTE, don't you?"
"Yes..."
"Thought so."

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

GD_American posted:

On the brighter side, the direction they're taking Soundwave is fascinating. Really a good way to rewrite an iconic character that was also a blank slate.

Yeah, though part of me feels it's humanised him too much, and given him a nobility that doesn't quite match with the way he's typically described (cunning, malicious, spying on everyone and absolutely despised by all for it). His devotion to the cause seems based in such genuinely decent reasoning that it jars with him being part of an outfit that routinely ravages worlds and mercilessly crushes any who stand against them, long after the hierarchy and system they originally rose up against have been destroyed.

On the other hand, it makes for fascinating reading so, eh.

As for Dark Cybertron, I simply cannot for a moment believe Shockwave serves or bows before anyone. If he isn't playing an angle, I will be terribly disappointed.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

PriNcessofDarXness posted:

Okay, because this came up again, I seriously gotta chime in; How the hell is this not common sense? For the longest time when people would complain about this I would go to my shelf, grab the figure and never figure out what was wrong with it until a couple of months ago when someone else suggested holding it in the above fashion. The only way I can see this being any issue at all is if you're holding him by the head, crotch or legs. I've always held all my figures by the center of the torso when posing limbs because its usually the most secure feeling spot to me. I guess my counter call out would be where exactly are so many people holding him that its really that big an issue?

Yeah, while the chest doesn't "click" in or anything, it is held in place when you hold it, and if you fold the car roof correctly on his back it helps too (the windshield fits snugly there).

It's completely different from Blitzwing because he needs actual modifying to work correctly. (Just don't file him down or anything, it's not necessary). Do note that I still like Blitzwing a lot, however.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Spiderdrake posted:

The worst thing GD is it's been concluded repeatedly and none of this makes any sense. If you wanna use the Dead Universe again, maybe you should actually build a convincing reason that it's being used again? They seriously jammed two or three unrelated plot threads together and walked away from it after going 'good enough'. I genuinely want Barber to explain at some point the relation between the combiner project, using stolen data from Monstructor, the regenesis project, the dead universe, the two separate groups of titan hunters, and how any of this poo poo lines up.

And yeah, police action was fantastic. Can we return to special ops "murdering police and leaving cripples in the desert" Jazz and buddy-cop Streetwise with a groaning Prowl as his partner? edit: this isn't sarcasm, Jazz as a dude who can get poo poo done while still being a light-hearted character explicitly defined as for the benefit of others really works for me. I really recommend people dig up the spotlight of him taking on all 5 Predacons with a blind Tracks.
Galvatron - Perished in a solar pool on Garrus-9, resurrected by dark matrix, died at the end of Chaos, apparently resurrected here?
Cyclonus - Punched out by Pretenders (seriously! Furman used these! And they were good!) Survived outside the dead universe too long, was melting down crewmembers when 'resurrected' by the dark matrix, fought alongside Galvatron (they're mad at him for invading Kimia with sweeps and slaughtering non-combatants btw) then punched out Galvatron for hurting Cybertron. Re-formatted by Vector Sigma. Was specifically classified as a non-Decepticon by Chaos, but no one remembers this
Scourge - Presumed dead on Cybertron at the end of Chaos. No further mention, seems to have been literally the only casualty of the entire event.
Nova Prime - Died at the end of Furman's run, killed by Galvatron who appears beside him in this issue. Taunted Galvatron from the Dead Universe during the series no one should read. Resurrected here supposedly (though note Galvatron calls him Nova, when I think he was going by Nemesis previously?)
Straxus - Died on Earth from Dead Universe withdrawl syndrome or whatever. Never mentioned again.
Grindcore - Same as above. Another great design/name they forget to use.
Tailpipe - Melted in a smelting pool or turned into a sweep. No one will ever know your secret, Tailgate!
Bludgeon - Somehow had his brain damage from the Pretender process fixed and now works for Jhiaxus
Jhiaxus - Killed by Arcee an infinite number of times in Revelation. Somehow got back to Cybertron because the Autobots have serious issues with prisoner policy. He will die at the end of this crossover.
Kup - Is in the Dead Universe and will likely come back as old, pre-AHM/pretender Kup. Which is honestly poo poo, gently caress reverting character arcs

Ah thanks... that's all really confusing. I mean I remembered what happened in the original Chaos event, I forgot how everyone wound up where they are now.

Every time the Dead Universe has been brought up I've thought that the end game for it was Unicron. Then instead they had all the Decepticons combine into a big demon thing called D-void except for Megatron because he's overpowered far beyond the point of being interesting anymore in the IDW-verse. Maybe they'll do it this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?

The Rage posted:

Answers my question perfectly. It's not locked, you're holding it, which is exactly how I move the arms on mine. I thought somebody claimed that theirs locked down and could not be moved at all once done. None of mine are loose, that chest just doesn't lock into anything for anyone. :ms:

Yes, but the point of the video is that I'm only touching the arm and swinging him around trying to make the chest flop open, but there's enough friction in the gearing that it doesn't move.