Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!

USSMICHELLEBACHMAN posted:

i dont know how people can listen to audio books. i cant pay attention to them (well unless i'm driving that's the one exception)

aerobic exercise, lifting weights, biking, johging, etc can be extremely mindless other than counting reps and stuff and is pretty conducive to audibookin. so is some of the more banal CJ stuff i have to do @ work sometimes like if i gotta set up a new OS image or something like tgat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

oh yeah does audible care if you share your acct? im thinking of splitting a 2 book/mo acct w/the gf

i mean other than it being annoying if you both read the same book @ once

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

MindSet posted:

oh yeah does audible care if you share your acct? im thinking of splitting a 2 book/mo acct w/the gf

i think you can just download the audio files. dont know if thats how it is any more but thats what it was when i bought stuff from them a few years ago.

hell, one of the books i have from them is setup like tapes, separated into 45 minute files and still has the "please flip sides/insert tape 4" audio

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

nah i know theyre drmed now

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

haveblue posted:

no but that should be someone's username now

it's kind of low hanging fruit tbh

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

MindSet posted:

aerobic exercise, lifting weights, biking, johging, etc can be extremely mindless other than counting reps and stuff and is pretty conducive to audibookin. so is some of the more banal CJ stuff i have to do @ work sometimes like if i gotta set up a new OS image or something like tgat

yeah that's true. i've always listened to music when working out but that's personal preference.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

USSMICHELLEBACHMAN posted:

he must have been really mad about his character because he got almost no development at all

substitute with "any character on voyager"

the character who had the most development left in the most comically stupid way and came back seasons later for 1 episode where they were literally a raging god that was angry for uh

some reason that was never explained

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

GOLLY I CAN TRAVEL IN TIME AND RIP A STARSHIP APART WITH MY PASSIVE THOUGHTS BUT I AM SUPER MAD THAT SOME UNSPECIFIED PEOPLE WERE MEAN IN AN UNSPECIFIED WAY

I THINK

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

the character who had the most development left in the most comically stupid way and came back seasons later for 1 episode where they were literally a raging god that was angry for uh

youre forgetting 7 of 9, whos character went from "assimilate" to "you humans are dumb"

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

kes? i never saw the show but i can't think of anyone besides this crazy lady who gives a poo poo about her. i'm genuinely curious, how was she developed?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Sham bam bamina! posted:

kes? i never saw the show but i can't think of anyone besides this crazy lady who gives a poo poo about her. :confused:

yes

DiggityDoink posted:

youre forgetting 7 of 9, whos character went from "assimilate" to "you humans are dumb"

she almost learned to love~~~~

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
what about her then? i'm not going to watch four seasons of that show to see if some nerd in the funny computer forum is right about her being the best character.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Sham bam bamina! posted:

what about her then? i'm not going to watch four seasons of that show to see if some nerd in the funny computer forum is right about her being the best character.

thats literally it

she finds out that her species has magic mental powers. they get activated by the extradimensional bug and she eventually evolves and has to leave the ship, but before she does she throws them a little beyond delta quadrant bord space. idk why she couldnt do anymore but there we go.

later she comes back as an older woman and drinks forth from the reactor core to timetravel back in voyagers history and tries to kill everyone because literally "YOU DIDNT TELL ME THE UNIVERSE WAS SO MEAN"

thats the whole explanation

theres a reason the show is kinda bad.

also at one other point before she gets mad she timetravels backwards and warns the crew of the poo poo that happens in year of hell but they completely forget it and welp

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

so i went to a daily show taping today and the guest was patrick goddamn stewart

gently caress yes

he was goddamn hilarious

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

theflyingexecutive posted:

so i went to a daily show taping today and the guest was patrick goddamn stewart

gently caress yes

he was goddamn hilarious

you lucky fucker

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

i was praying the guest wouldnt be some genocide historian and i was not disappointed. at one pont he said "four actors" and put up four fingers on each hand, realized it was goofy and then made lobster claws with them

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I just watched that daily show

patrick stewart owns

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

she eventually evolves
voyager :allears:

gently caress yes

he was goddamn hilarious
:eyepop:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

did you hear me laughing obnoxiously?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

and they just started allowing cameras before they started rolling so i got some sweet selfie action

Dr. Mint
Jul 4, 2013

i use vlc on my mac to play my animes and it works fine sorry if you're experience is otherwise.
im on the last episode of s1 of xfiles is it going to start getting good?? ive been kind of liking it so far the only rly bad episode i thought was boring as gently caress is the one with the indian dudes and the werewolf zzzz

also voyager made me appreciate TOS a lot more

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

thats literally it

she finds out that her species has magic mental powers. they get activated by the extradimensional bug and she eventually evolves and has to leave the ship, but before she does she throws them a little beyond delta quadrant bord space. idk why she couldnt do anymore but there we go.

later she comes back as an older woman and drinks forth from the reactor core to timetravel back in voyagers history and tries to kill everyone because literally "YOU DIDNT TELL ME THE UNIVERSE WAS SO MEAN"

thats the whole explanation

theres a reason the show is kinda bad.

also at one other point before she gets mad she timetravels backwards and warns the crew of the poo poo that happens in year of hell but they completely forget it and welp

yeah they basically realized that they were not nearly creative enough to come up with a decent way of explaining what was happening to her so they just got rid of her.

i also liked the part where she was in a relationship with neelix and he's got mega jealousy issues and then they're just like 'oh welp we're not together nbg'

also when 7 of 9 and chakotay just arbitrarily end up together despite having 0 on screen chemistry or time together. like, just because the hot babe needed to be with someone at the end of the show. plus her and the doctor have a thing and they're building up to it in literally the same episode where she ends up with chakotay but they never talk about it

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

so i went to a daily show taping today

why would you ever do that

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Dr. Mint posted:

im on the last episode of s1 of xfiles is it going to start getting good?? ive been kind of liking it so far the only rly bad episode i thought was boring as gently caress is the one with the indian dudes and the werewolf zzzz

first episode of season 2 is good, midway through they start developing ~the mythology~

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
i watched white house down

it's just die hard 1, except in the white house

don't watch it, even if you just like shooty blowy-upy action, because the explosions were all cgi and they all looked poo poo. everything looked like a call of duty cutscene

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

Dr. Mint posted:

tos is the best trek and whenever i meet somebody that disagrees i'm like wow i dont even know

Dr. Mint
Jul 4, 2013

i use vlc on my mac to play my animes and it works fine sorry if you're experience is otherwise.

angry_keebler posted:

tos is the best trek and whenever i meet somebody that disagrees i'm like wow i dont even know

tng is better tos is okay but i feel like a lot of the plots that they came up with have been ripped off a million times so ive seen them there was one where they were on an amusement park planet htat made me groan the entire time it was so boring gently caress

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

tos was like 90% terrible. some of the movies were good though.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ol qwerty bastard posted:

don't watch it, even if you just like shooty blowy-upy action, because the explosions were all cgi and they all looked poo poo. everything looked like a call of duty cutscene

i thought it was fun

but die hard is better, even my gf agrees

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

i watched just the intro of this on a plane trip and it made me mad to see so many people die because they think they can take on a goddamn plane with a pistol

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

how does it compare to "Olympus Has Fallen"?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
not gonna watch white house down because I want to keep believing it's about a flying white house crashing in somalia

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

MindSet posted:

if you use the app and only have one person listening at a time it should be fine

as long as you stop listening at a chapter end it shouldn't be too lovely to listen to the same book either hth

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

You Am I posted:

how does it compare to "Olympus Has Fallen"?

I heard that Olympus has Fallen is just loving awful and full of yellow peril and lovely jingoism. The baddies in White House Down are white.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
I work with a bunch of liberals and they're all terrified of China it's pretty weird

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
china have very strong economy and build many nuke plant to pave way to future

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

i heard it was bad enough to be worth watching just because its so awful and entertaining in its awfulness

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

hubris.height posted:

i heard it was bad enough to be worth watching just because its so awful and entertaining in its awfulness

Olympus Has Fallen is great for the first 10mins if you want some LF-style DTA footage.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
i tried watching transformers dark of the moon on netflix last night because i was feeling masochistic and had been watching a lot of terrible poo poo lately

the very first non-stock-footage shot that wasn't badly faked 1960's bullshit was a closeup of the butt of a half-naked victoria's secret model

is this like the standard for this sort of poo poo now

i had to turn it off because i feel unbelievably creeped out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
all the cool kids are making up things to get overly outraged about so sounds like you're on track.

• Locked thread