Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn

Random Stranger posted:

drat straight. I want a silent episode with no words printed on the screen. :v:

The more words you put on screen, the better. Try harder!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OrochiKiyo
Sep 9, 2012

joek0 posted:

Here is a link to the new GCCX raw #169 Rocky Rodent.

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=490951

Oh my god, that eyecatch.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

> No Car, No Life - It's like Game Center CX for cars
Arino recently guest starred on a car show run by the comedy duo Ogiyahagi. Screenshots on the homepage.

Arino's car history:
1998 (Age 26): Lancia Delta HF Integrale, Evoluzione II
Rental cars:
- Peugeot
- Mercedes Benz W201
- Mercedes Benz AMG
- Citroen
- Toyota Crown Majesta
- Toyota Crown
- Lancia Delta HF Integrale 16v
- Honda Accord
- BMW
2007 (Age 34): Toyota Harrier Hybrid
2008 (Age 36): Audi RS4 Avant
2008 (Age 36): Volkswagen Golf Touran
2008 (Age 36): Mitsubishi Pajero (won on a game show)
2013 (Age 41): Volvo V60 T4 R-DESIGN

Beloved yellow Lancia and current blue Volvo:

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Nov 8, 2013

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

zari-gani posted:

Arino recently guest starred on a car show run by the comedy duo Ogiyahagi. Screenshots on the homepage.

That's all well and good, but what was his lap time in the reasonably-priced car? :v:

I feel like we're this close to coming full circle with the thread title.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's almost like he's had an early mid-life crisis and decided to have as many different cars as possible.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

zari-gani posted:

Arino's car history:
1998 (Age 26): Lancia Delta HF Integrale, Evoluzione II
Rental cars:
- Peugeot
- Mercedes Benz W201
- Mercedes Benz AMG
- Citroen
- Toyota Crown Majesta
- Toyota Crown
- Lancia Delta HF Integrale 16v
- Honda Accord
- BMW
2007 (Age 34): Toyota Harrier Hybrid
2008 (Age 36): Audi RS4 Avant
2008 (Age 36): Volkswagen Golf Touran
2008 (Age 36): Mitsubishi Pajero (won on a game show)
2013 (Age 41): Volvo V60 T4 R-DESIGN

Beloved yellow Lancia and current blue Volvo:

Wow I really didn't expect him to be into cars, especially something like the Integrale. He had the best version with the evo2.

I wonder if he ever featured on a video option or best motoring video?

Although that Volvo is a bit lame.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

Is that Arino's family?

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Grawl posted:

Is that Arino's family?

No, it's a car.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Grawl posted:

Is that Arino's family?

It's the three hosts of the TV show and a mechanic.

univbee posted:

That's all well and good, but what was his lap time in the reasonably-priced car? :v:

I want to see that. "Abunai! Abunai!!"

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Nov 8, 2013

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
How the heck do you go from an RS4 to a Volvo

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Stefan Prodan posted:

How the heck do you go from an RS4 to a Volvo
You have kids.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
But it was an avant; it was stupid fast and a practical wagon.

I'm absolutely taken aback that he owns an Integrale Evo. It's a fricking awesome car and really obscure (at least in the US).

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Next event: DVD Box 10 launch. December 21, 10 AM start at Akihabara, Tsuu'un Kaikan (same place as last year).

InsaneDavid
Oct 22, 2012

bald and fail II posted:

Wow I really didn't expect him to be into cars, especially something like the Integrale. He had the best version with the evo2.

I wonder if he ever featured on a video option or best motoring video?

Although that Volvo is a bit lame.

Wasn't he driving a yellow Lancia Stratos in the "how I met my wife" dramatization?

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
Do we know what episodes beside Tokimeki Memorial are going to be on DVD 10?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

I can't put this down. It's so magical.

Kacho On! :allears:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

As part of the car thing, the whole intro to the City Connection challenge is a parody of a 1980's car ad with Arino driving around in a Honda City.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Aurain posted:

It's almost like he's had an early mid-life crisis and decided to have as many different cars as possible.

I hate to break it to ya, but 40 is a late mid-life crisis.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

I hate to break it to ya, but 40 is a late mid-life crisis.

No, 40 is literally the iconic mid-life crisis age. One of the famous movies about it was called "The 40 Year Old" for example. (And to some degree The 40 Year Old Virgin is also a mid-life crisis movie.)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

ImpAtom posted:

No, 40 is literally the iconic mid-life crisis age. One of the famous movies about it was called "The 40 Year Old" for example. (And to some degree The 40 Year Old Virgin is also a mid-life crisis movie.)

I always thought it was like 35. My bad.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yup, and I said early because he had a frenzy of new cars at 36, even if one of those was free of charge.

BLACKPETEWENTZ
Nov 17, 2008

I'm a plane and you're a train so let's make an automobile

bpc908 posted:

Do we know what episodes beside Tokimeki Memorial are going to be on DVD 10?

Super Mario Kart
Sonic the Hedgehog
Gradius (Complete Version)
Kirby's Dream Course
Bonk's Adventure
Detective Saburu Jinguuji
Super Gussun Oyoyo
Pooyan (DVD only episode)

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Arino plays some strange games:

That's really a game he's playing.

Also, this episode has almost 2000 lines when the regular episodes have around 1000. And that's before I drop in the extra data to block out things...

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Fuji TV makes some weird mobile games

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Hey folks, have uploaded two more seasons (nine and ten). Here is everything uploaded so far, seasons one to ten and the Nintendo channel episodes.

Also, a couple days ago Mega was updated, a new layout and crap. Well, it broke Firefox compatibility for me and prevented me from uploading with it. I had to install Chromium (Chrome) to get it to work so if you are having issues downloading with your browser, try Chrome. Not ideal I know, but there aren't really a lot of reliable options when it comes to hosting copyright infringing material...

Xik fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Nov 11, 2013

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Xik posted:

Also, a couple days ago Mega was updated, a new layout and crap. Well, it broke Firefox compatibility for me and prevented me from uploading with it. I had to install Chromium (Chrome) to get it to work so if you are having issues downloading with your browser, try Chrome.

The new Mega update also fixed the issue I was having in Chrome when trying to download anything. Mega saves the file to a temp folder on your hard drive and once it is complete, it is moved over to your target location. Before the update, an error would pop up until I went to where cookies and temp data are stored and cleared Mega data. For some reason, the site doesn't delete the temp file once it is moved over to the target location so you wind up with two complete versions of the file. The issue isn't completely fixed, but it seems to download the file regardless of how much it has saved previously. Whenever my temp folder got to be around 2 GB, files would refuse to download. Not sure if it does this with any other browsers, but in Chrome, go to:

Settings -> Show advanced settings (blue link at the bottom) -> click on content settings under privacy -> All cookies and site data -> type "mega" in the top-right search box -> click X next to Mega listing that also includes file size

That being said, thanks Xik for all of the uploads. When Fuji started issuing infringement notices on YouTube this summer, I lost the only access to GCCX I had.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I've downloaded every release I can get my hands on on my PC for safekeeping but what Xik is doing is still great for those that want to catch up. Keep up the good work. (I did find a few NC episodes I didn't have previously.)

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Thank you very much Xik. I've been out of the loop for most of the year so it's great being able to catch up or to revisit old episodes I really enjoyed. You're a hero in this dark post-alluvion world.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
As much as I'm happy that people are uploading episodes, is it possible to get torrents?

RedFive
Feb 20, 2003

Thanks for re-posting this material, Xik. That's pretty cool of you!

A note on your file names:

According to the radical episode guide from Ray, Layla is in Season 11.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
You're welcome everyone, I'm sorry I can't get them up faster. NZ lovely upload speed + monthly data cap + share connection with gamers means I have to plan my uploading.

Whoops. The great thing about uploading these things is everyone is catching my mislabelled files, thanks for that it's fixed now. :sun:

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

People who pre-order premium tickets for the movie will get a folder with art by Nina!

https://twitter.com/GCCXMOVIE/status/399781604274360320/photo/1

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Kakaricho posted:

People who pre-order premium tickets for the movie will get a folder with art by Nina!

That is so awesome zarigani. Was that the big news you mentioned a while ago? I hope to see more official fan art by you on the show in the future.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Kakaricho posted:

I'm not kidding when I say that I would pay to get zari's picture as a full size poster. Even though we can't see the full picture until zari eventually posts it here, I think that's my favorite of her GCCX-related drawings so far (mostly due to the Mighty Bomb Jack challenge being one of my favorites on the DVD set). :)

VVVV You are a goddess when it comes to (official?) fan art. Also, the "WARP!" and "SAVE!" is such a great touch and actually made me laugh. :)

Obeast fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Nov 11, 2013

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

So it's finally been revealed! I drew one of the movie posters. Kan uploaded a larger pic on his Twitter:

That's not all I'm doing for GCCX though. More to come.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
That is simply amazing.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Sucks that we won't get this in the US

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I would so print and frame that on my wall if there would be a print size available. Hell, I would also want the other posters by zari-gani, namely the birthday special group picture and the USA Special ones.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

zari-gani posted:

So it's finally been revealed! I drew one of the movie posters. Kan uploaded a larger pic on his Twitter:

ur gud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

zari-gani posted:

I never get tired of your GCCX art. :allears: