Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

KayTee posted:

He-Man and Teela have joined up with Evil-Lyn to confront Skeletor on Earth. They find their way to the Batcave, hoping to recruit Bats on the advice of Constantine (for 'twas he who lead them to the cave).

DC Universe Vs. Masters of the Universe #2.

:psyboom:

As one of those still mourning the loss of Hellblazer, it's fair to say that's probably the most demented summary I think I've ever read (which, given "COMICS!" usual standards, is probably saying something). That said, I can't possibly be bitter about it because it's so loving funny I can barely stop laughing. John chilling out with Evil-Lyn in the loving Batcave. AMAZING.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Metal Loaf posted:

And the prize for "most awesome reaction to bad news ever" goes to...

Uncanny X-Men #123.

I think he had less of a reaction to uncle Ben dying :stare:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Superior Spider-Man Team Up Special- Fighting robots is always fun with your pal SpOck.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Wait, why wouldn't the middle two centimeters of Cyclops' beam simply push through the opening?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

If it doesn't work exactly according to the plan SpOck has outlined then it's not worth doing :colbert:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

PantsOptional posted:

Wait, why wouldn't the middle two centimeters of Cyclops' beam simply push through the opening?

They're also beams of kinetic force, not light, so a lens shouldn't work either.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
In this setting, his eye beams are literal beams of wood maybe? The lens is just to stab the core with the pointy end.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Skwirl posted:

They're also beams of kinetic force, not light, so a lens shouldn't work either.

Like most writers of X-Men ever bother to tell the difference. Things come out of eyes it hurts things end of story.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Wow. Spock is actually really funny. I might have to read his stuff that isn't Dan Slott.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
How long has this Spider-Ock thing been going on?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

qntm posted:

How long has this Spider-Ock thing been going on?

Since the beginning of this year.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Is there any foreseeable way for Peter Parker to come back? Or is it going to be "Because... Comics."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Jonny Nox posted:

Is there any foreseeable way for Peter Parker to come back? Or is it going to be "Because... Comics."

I think he has the ghost of Peter floating in his head?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Jonny Nox posted:

There is, but... well, it's complicated and pretty silly sounding when I type it out. Suffice it to say that it'll all make sense within the story, but in the end it's still gonna be a pretty "Because comics" situation.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Jonny Nox posted:

He'll come back the same way he left, by Writer's Dictate.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Jonny Nox posted:

Eventually somebody will trade their marriage for Peter being brought back.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Carlie Cooper will die so that Peter can live, a net gain in the eyes of everyone involved.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

Eventually somebody will trade their marriage for Peter being brought back.

Maybe that's why no one is married in DC comics anymore, it'll be revealed in flashback that they all sacrificed them to bring back Peter.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Spock is an overlay of Otto Octavius' brain patterns and memories onto Peter's brain. For a bit, the remnants of original Peter were floating around (and being represented visually as a ghost), trying to take control of his brain back. Otto noticed and erased the Peter remnant forever.

Or maybe not -- in Superior Spider-Man #19 Spock tried desperately to access Peter's erased memories and it was hinted that this effort might have revitalized Ghost Peter. There's also an Octobot with Peter's brain still wandering around New York.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

CapnAndy posted:

There's also an Octobot with Peter's brain still wandering around New York.

Is the Octobot still around? I thought it died or exploded or something.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Jonny Nox posted:

Yes

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

CapnAndy posted:

There's also an Octobot with Peter's brain still wandering around New York.

I've been keeping up with SpOck comics, but I don't remember that. Any idea what issue that was in so I can refresh my memory?

BobbyDrake
Mar 13, 2005

Fuego Fish posted:

Is the Octobot still around? I thought it died or exploded or something.

I though SpOck had the Octobot and erased Peter's brain patterns from our pretty early on in the run. I'll take a look.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

BobbyDrake posted:

I though SpOck had the Octobot and erased Peter's brain patterns from our pretty early on in the run. I'll take a look.

Peter's brain patterns were definitely on the Golden Octobot, and he told the Human Brain to remove it.

Now bear in mind, it did this off panel, and the Human Brain is a robot. There's nothing to say that when it was ordered to do this, that Peter uploaded his brain patterns into that, and he's currently hiding inside Otto's robot, biding his time.

BobbyDrake
Mar 13, 2005

The Question IRL posted:

Peter's brain patterns were definitely on the Golden Octobot, and he told the Human Brain to remove it.

Now bear in mind, it did this off panel, and the Human Brain is a robot. There's nothing to say that when it was ordered to do this, that Peter uploaded his brain patterns into that, and he's currently hiding inside Otto's robot, biding his time.

Good point, it was in issue 9 and you're right, you never actually see it happen, which in comics is as good as saying it never happened.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Angry Walrus posted:

Wow. Spock is actually really funny. I might have to read his stuff that isn't Dan Slott.

Yeah, Slott knows how to make SpOck an rear end in a top hat, but other writers really know how to have fun with him. Hell, my favorite Superior Spidy moments were his appearances in Daredevil and Nova's books.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

SilverSupernova posted:

Yeah, Slott knows how to make SpOck an rear end in a top hat, but other writers really know how to have fun with him.
Like Yost! Watch Spock explain the Wrecking Crew:

Superior Spider-Man Team-Up 005

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I like how he doesn't mention Thunderball, who is apparently smarter than Octavius.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Mr. Maltose posted:

I like how he doesn't mention Thunderball, who is apparently smarter than Octavius.
He does, I just cut it out because I thought the punchline was better with just those two panels.

(SSM Team-Up 5 again)

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
I'm willing to accept a lot from you Octavius, but super-villain fashion is an area you truly have no ground to criticize people on.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
The preview pages put up for Superior Foes of Spider-Man #5 definitely belong in here.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Poor Shocker. :smith:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Adventure Time: Fionna and Cake #3.
“Aw man, their blood is so sweet! Strawberry.”

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Sir, you have clearly taken a wrong turn on the way to the Badass thread.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

404GoonNotFound posted:

Sir, you have clearly taken a wrong turn on the way to the Badass thread.

I dunno. that magic cat did punch clean through a skeleton's head.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Okay, point proven: I need to be reading the Superior Foes of Spider-Man, like, yesterday.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Sentinel Red posted:

Okay, point proven: I need to be reading the Superior Foes of Spider-Man, like, yesterday.

Yeah, man, I know there has been some positive talk about that book, but we need to champion that thing more. I just picked up all the issues and it's seriously one of the best books currently running, almost up there with Hawkeye. And to think it's by Nick Spencer of all people!

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
One of the reasons the book works as well as it does is Steve Lieber's art. It looks great and Spencer mentioned in an interview that a lot of the visual gags are things Lieber improvises when drawing the pages. There's a fill-in for issue 7 but Lieber mentioned (he actually shows up on /co/, of all places, quite often to talk about the book/shoot the poo poo; he's a chill dude) that the artist for that issue, Rich Ellis, was someone he personally suggested to both Spencer and the editors so I don't think I'll worry about it being a drop in quality or anything.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
This is from Star Wars Infinities: A New Hope #1.

Ummmm...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
Is that supposed to be Hamill post-crash, because that's terrible.

• Locked thread