Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

There's a new patch live.

Patch Notes:

Gameplay/General
- S.H.I.E.L.D. has undergone some emergency reorganization after a devastating blow by H.A.M.M.E.R. to a S.H.I.E.L.D. storehouse. As a result of this attack, S.H.I.E.L.D. has run low on their current supplies of Health Packs for in field agents. Heroes that level will no longer be able to avail themselves of a free instant Health Pack to return to full health. However, S.H.I.E.L.D. quartermasters are working feverishly to mitigate this attack. They've managed to raise the Agent's Health Pack maximum to 5 from 4 and lower the amount of time it takes to requisition a new Health Pack to 36 minutes from 96. Health Pack costs have risen slightly as well, from 15 for 1, 60 for 5 to 50 for 1, 200 for 5.
- H.A.M.M.E.R. soldiers have become more aggressive when Agents and their teams fall back from combat, much as Tournament opponents do now. When retreating, damage equal to one third of each character’s health will be suffered.
- Tons of back end changes to support upcoming UI changes and future Event types
- Heroic Mode: Harder versions of previous Chapters with improved challenges and rewards. Coming up first will be a revamped Juggernaut.
- Lightning Round Tournament Upgrades: Ability to run more varied Lightning Rounds. It's not all Hood and Doom anymore.
UI
- Ability maximums are now listed for each character in the Ability Screen for each character
- Several improvements to the Facebook Sharing process. There should be far less instances of not receiving larger lists, varied friends, etc. More improvements to this system will be coming with R42.
Characters
- Added upgrades to Levels 2-4 of Daken's Pheremone Rage
Level 2: +10% Strike tile strength
Level 3: +10% Strike tile strength
Level 4: +20% Strike tile strength

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Spikey posted:

There's a new patch live.

Patch Notes:

Not loving the level up no longer reviving/ healing.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
What the gently caress, did they change how buffs work in the tournaments? Jugs was tanking pretty much every colour before, now the other characters are showings up as if it was a normal match. My other two characters went down super fast since I was expecting Jugs to tank.

Edit: D3's forum explains it better then I do

quote:

Tile damage is being buffed, just for whatever reason, the buffed damage isn't taking priority when matching tiles.

There goes my hopes of placing top in this tournament.

mania fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Nov 9, 2013

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure the Juggs buffs expired, didn't they?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The boosts are per-tournament, so Jugg is still boosted in the Free-For-All Arena, but not in the Iron Man one, and vice-versa.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I managed to finally get a red Thor and level up a bit more today, but it's imperative I get that yellow and green Thor from the Iron Man tournament. Then I'll have my perfect Asgardian at 5/5/3. I leave green attacks to Classic Storm for block-breaking. She's still stuck at a measly level 53 with 3/3/3 though.

I'm pretty sure it's still letting me heal by leveling right now, but I've definitely noticed the faster Health Kit recharge already.

EDIT: drat, it must've just stopped healing. It let me do it once after the update, I swear!

Gallow fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Nov 9, 2013

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

gently caress.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Emron posted:

gently caress.

They are just testing the waters to see how much whales will pay. Course cheating is a thing, that might throw off their numbers.

Edit: Thor is level 84! Come on goons I could really use another 1,700 iso.

Edit2: I tried to use iron man model 40's recharge ability. I only got 6 red ap from 18 yellow ap. I'm selling his useless rear end.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Nov 9, 2013

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

So the usually is 600 coins for 5 bucks, right? So that's ~9 dollars for just one cover?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Emron posted:

So the usually is 600 coins for 5 bucks, right? So that's ~9 dollars for just one cover?

Yeah your basically spending $50 for a max level iron man model 40.

Edit: HAHAHAHA max level perfect Thor :getin:

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Nov 9, 2013

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Shwqa posted:

Yeah your basically spending $50 for a max level iron man model 40.

Edit: HAHAHAHA max level perfect Thor :getin:

50 bucks gets you 8500 coins, which buys you 7 spins on the Iron Man 40 guaranteed option. To get the full 13 covers to max out IM, with perfect luck, it would cost 14,300 coins. 20,000 coins costs $100.00

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

death .cab for qt posted:

50 bucks gets you 8500 coins, which buys you 7 spins on the Iron Man 40 guaranteed option. To get the full 13 covers to max out IM, with perfect luck, it would cost 14,300 coins. 20,000 coins costs $100.00

Totally reasonable.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

death .cab for qt posted:

Oh shoot I thought you could buy levels for covers you already had for 500 but it cost more for 3* covers. 1250 in fact.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
Free For All, Jugs is listed at his buffed damage and before the patch every tile except yellow was his but with the new patch this is what I get:

And the damage from matching tiles is Storm/Thor's lower damage, not Jug's buffed damage.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Shwqa posted:

Oh shoot I thought you could buy levels for covers you already had for 500 but it cost more for 3* covers. 1250 in fact.

You could reasonably get a max level Ironman 40 by spinning the slots 3 times and buying 10 upgrades total. So your total cost would be 3300 coins + 12,500 coins = 15,800 coins. So, roughly 75 dollars.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

mania posted:

Free For All, Jugs is listed at his buffed damage and before the patch every tile except yellow was his but with the new patch this is what I get:

And the damage from matching tiles is Storm/Thor's lower damage, not Jug's buffed damage.

Yeah I'm getting the same thing with Iron Man 40, pre-patch he tanked red and yellow at level 15 even with my level 65 storm. Now he only tanks environment tiles :( Makes it a lot more of a pain to make him trigger Raging Tempest

e: this weekend tournament needs to pick up the pace a bit too - I want to get that 600pt Daken cover but I'm rank 2 in my bracket at 350 points so it seems like a hard slog or a wait til nearer the end in store til I can get up there

WetSpink fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Nov 9, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahahah, Team Adamantium Dickheads, Wolvie and Daken, is taking me right to the top! Oh nooo a storm stun gust aaaargh.

I need to take a break. I'm already at #1 in my bracket.

Puweyxil
Oct 19, 2001
I like to eat cheese.
Dinosaur Gum

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Not loving the level up no longer reviving/ healing.

Yeah. It was kinda of fun trying to manage ISO / Levels / Health-Packs so you could keep playing. Now the CPU gets a lucky cascade and it means you don't get to play for the next 90 minutes. I guess I'm lucky enough to have enough decent covers to piece together two teams; But it'd suck trying to start from scratch now, it's really going to slow you down not having the free heals (like, I'd probably given up on the game if I could only play 5 or so matches before having to wait hours to play again, but maybe they reward you with enough health packs in the starter missions where this isn't an issue).

Most of this week was spent using Juggernaut in the tourney. Since he was the damage dealer for most of the color thanks to the 200% boost, I'd use him as a tank until he died, increase his level, and repeat. (But I guess actually being able to have fun playing the game goes against the freemium model).

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Level up Wolverine and Daken. Murder team forever. Wait, there's less than 5 yellow tiles, Daken, get off the floor already!

The tournament gave me enough Daken purples to get him to level 5 though. Two +30 strike tiles for every green match. Wolverine's strike tiles are now at +60 per strike. It's murdertown. :getin:

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
The new iron man kind of sucks, honestly. His attacks are expensive as hell. Sure, he can hit for 9k damage with one of them... but almost nobody even has that much HP to begin with.. and the attack drains all your other colors too.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

Level up Wolverine and Daken. Murder team forever. Wait, there's less than 5 yellow tiles, Daken, get off the floor already!

The tournament gave me enough Daken purples to get him to level 5 though. Two +30 strike tiles for every green match. Wolverine's strike tiles are now at +60 per strike. It's murdertown. :getin:

I can't wait for my wolverine to get to +60 range. My Thor already does 150 damage on red match without strike tiles. Again its murder town :getin:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The best thing about him is his yellow power. Generate Red (or more) AP and take a nap for a bit.

edit:^^^^Wolvie's got ridiculous healing though, so I barely even touch the heal tokens. Just take him for a spin beating up hammer goons and he's good for round 2. Even if he's KO'd it's just until he's awake and healing again.

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008

Shwqa posted:

I can't wait for my wolverine to get to +60 range. My Thor already does 150 damage on red match without strike tiles. Again its murder town :getin:

My current murderteam is 61 Wolvie/32 Dakken/54 CStorm...can't wait to level Dakken up some more, but it's already glorious - I think one match I ended up doing like 500+ damage per 3 tiles :getin:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

The best thing about him is his yellow power. Generate Red (or more) AP and take a nap for a bit.

edit:^^^^Wolvie's got ridiculous healing though, so I barely even touch the heal tokens. Just take him for a spin beating up hammer goons and he's good for round 2. Even if he's KO'd it's just until he's awake and healing again.

My problem with iron man model 40 is the computer always wants yellow tiles so most the time you just get 3 red ap. On level up it cost a lot more, so you can't spam it. So it might give you 20-30 ap leveled up but if you need 10-13 ap and then wait 3 turns you could end the match with iron man model 35. He is a slow tank in a game where blitzkrieg is the key to winning.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
Don't forget that there's an Iron Man 40 token that you can get in Man weekend tournament for the reasonable goal of 500 PvP points, which is pretty doable. I'm at the 350 mark, and stopped there so I can focus on maintaining position in the FFA

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Deathwing posted:

My current murderteam is 61 Wolvie/32 Dakken/54 CStorm...can't wait to level Dakken up some more, but it's already glorious - I think one match I ended up doing like 500+ damage per 3 tiles :getin:

:hfive: Having a high level Wolverine is amazing isnt it? I used to avoid going in versus high level Thors, but now he just goes in and eats up those yellow lightning bolt attacks like it was nothing.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
The best healing is a high level spiderman. Fucker can heal the whole team for 10k.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah but what are the chances of ever seeing him? :smith:

Also got to 400 for my bracket. Getting up to 500 is looking daunting. It's all Thors and C-Storms up here.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

Also got to 400 for my bracket. Getting up to 500 is looking daunting. It's all Thors and C-Storms up here.

I got some Spiderman cover :smug: ....

They are both purple :negative:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
It doesn't look like the Heroic Mode PvE is up yet. Looking forward to more grinding for rewards as a nice change from ThorStorming.

As for tonight, the end of the Free For All will be interesting. Juggy getting hosed over abruptly puts a new spin on things, as does the lack of level-up-to-heal (as if all those Thor 85s could level up any more) plus the increased health pack rate.

delfin fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Nov 9, 2013

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Of course I have a good shot at finally breaking 1000 ponits and getting in the top 10 of a tournament and it's that lovely Iron Man for a prize. I don't even need that yellow Captain prize because I have him max skilled already.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I got back up to #9, then #3, then again up to #6. Then I had a pretty awesome win taking out another guys high level juggernaut with stuns but while I was doing that some lower level punk took me down 32 points and I went back down to #7.

I don't mind being taken down cause I have less points but it hurts being taken down by a defeat you have zero control over.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
Is it just me or did daken not get a buff to his strike tile passive at all? I thought that was something that was supposed to happen.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

I hung back for 3 Doctor Doom Lightning Rounds for the Heroic Tokens and got 2 yellow and 1 blue Spider-man, making mine 3 yellow 1 blue - super lucky, I know. It was insanely easy late at night in those Lightning Rounds (yay for being in New Zealand) I think I only needed 3 fights in the last 30 minutes to keep in the 26-50 bracket and they were all 11-12 point battles because anything bigger would have risked getting too high.

e: I should add it seemed like they got the ability to queue up lightning rounds this time too which let them run through the night whereas the first set of lightning rounds was only started manually as far as I could tell.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
#3 in my bracket now, can't wait to see how far I drop in the morning.

I got the recruit token for 400 points, got attacked and was at 397, won another round and got another 400 point bonus token. Is this a known thing?

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Our buffed teammates may be broken, but the a.I.'s.certainly isn't. Iron man 40's 8.5x crit hurts.

Also: oh boy, my first heroic token in a few days, I sure hope it's not bag man... oh. :smith:

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I'm #2 in my bracket with Wolverine and Daken. Love the auto healing and Strike damage bonus, but I really need more drat covers. They're both under level 40.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Wuzzlez posted:

Is it just me or did daken not get a buff to his strike tile passive at all? I thought that was something that was supposed to happen.

I'm also not seeing any buff. I hope we aren't grandfathered out of it.

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008

SynthOrange posted:

:hfive: Having a high level Wolverine is amazing isnt it? I used to avoid going in versus high level Thors, but now he just goes in and eats up those yellow lightning bolt attacks like it was nothing.

Indeed -

Deathwing fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Nov 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vilkata
Jun 22, 2004

Can't believe I made a fake account for this.

http://www.facebook.com/Kay.dub.77