Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
going to try this again with a new fake account, not going to add so many people at once this time

https://www.facebook.com/joe.napier.5076

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Oh gently caress me. I dropped down 100 points while I was taking a break and I don't think I'll be able to make it back to the top 10 now.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

JHVH-1 posted:

Oh gently caress me. I dropped down 100 points while I was taking a break and I don't think I'll be able to make it back to the top 10 now.

Did you... lose points by winning?

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Deep Winter posted:

Did you... lose points by winning?

I'm.... not entirely sure.

Everyone is dog piling at the last minutes, its crazy. I am getting dropped down in-between just refreshing to find a good team to get some last minute points and then I win a battle and go down 5 ranks anyway.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I was 20 points away from 2nd with <1 minute displayed on the clock, won a fight for 28 but it just dropped back to mission screen since the Free For All was over. Now the suspense is killing me as to whether that counted or not :ohdear:

I'll get a top 50 prize :suicide:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Welp, got top 100 finisher rather than top 50 like I wanted. Hooray Iron Man 35. :v:

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I wish they had some kind of area where you could view events that finished and see standings etc.

It would also be cool if you could view your Facebook friends and challenge them directly

I got my drat Iron Man 40 but with only red after I had been in the top 10 for over a day. What a waste of time.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Forget the 500 and unlimited bracket events, they're crazy. Its nice if you win but its not worth losing sleep over.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
And in news that should shock nobody, the cheater took first. Don't think I'm going to participate until they release some new covers.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
I keep coming back so they're doing something right, but these events really are frustrating. Four times I was ten points away from the 900 mark (1,000 ISO reward) and four times I got attacked while playing a match. Win 20 points, lose 50 :ssj:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Yeah, that is the worst. I think it needs a separate counter for the get certain amount prizes. Like there's one for rank that other people can gently caress up, but not the one for those because it's seriously annoying when you get enough points but lose them before you get the prize and have to get more. Guess that means all you'd need was persistence to get whatever, but that would be fine by me.

Still, managed to get 500 and Iron Man 40 from this one, got a head start while everyone else was still on the other tournament, don't think I'd have managed it otherwise. Don't care if he's bad or that I can't use my other Iron Man at the same time. Just wanted him because I like Iron Man.

Now to just hit people for Iso if I can be bothered. My bracket is mean. Fuckin' Classic Storm.

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

Went a bit nuts and also ground my way up to 500 points in the Iron Man for the free $11 token (hah). I guess nobody was around at this time of night. It put me to 3rd place, no doubt that won't last. In fact, I'm rather counting on getting beaten back down, could really use some Thors.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I got up to 500+ and that put me at #1. Was nice while it lasted. :v:

Now I'm eyeing that Daken at 600. Would be nice to shore up his healing a bit more.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Spikey posted:

There's a new patch live.

Patch Notes:

Gameplay/General

- Heroic Mode: Harder versions of previous Chapters with improved challenges and rewards. Coming up first will be a revamped Juggernaut.

How do I get these to appear? Do I have to beat every challenge or get every reward?

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

ghostwritingduck posted:

How do I get these to appear? Do I have to beat every challenge or get every reward?

I'm assuming since it says coming up soon that they might have just started to set them up on the back end and it will still be awhile before we see them.

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008
Pretty sure it's not active quite yet - I would think it'd be just something you can toggle on and off, maybe like the Dark World in Super Meat Boy.

Except Classic Hawkeye would be the one flipping you off as the screen changes, because we've probably sold enough of his cards to fill an Amazon warehouse.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I would say a safe bet for those to appear is next week, after the iron man tournament

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I went boost crazy at the end (+3 All / +3 RedYellow / +3 GreenBlack means I open with four strike tiles and a Mjolnir's Might), but so did everyone else, and I went from Top 25 to Top 2 to Top 25 in the space of about 15 minutes. Still, hey, free Unibeam.

This morning I went through my retaliations and got up to 500 and hey, free Unibeam. Someday I may even fire it.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

How many fake friends do you guys have? I'm accepting every invite blindly and am up to 159*, but the spreadsheet only has 86 names. It doesn't matter much, fake account and all, but I'd prefer sending out free stuff to goons rather than random internet people.

*and I only get a couple hundred ISO per day :argh:

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I just want a Wolverine healing factor cover :(

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

My bracket is real bad this weekend. I'm in #1 with only 250.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

Emron posted:

My bracket is real bad this weekend. I'm in #1 with only 250.

I envy you. My leaderboard has a 730.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

seravid posted:

How many fake friends do you guys have? I'm accepting every invite blindly and am up to 159*, but the spreadsheet only has 86 names. It doesn't matter much, fake account and all, but I'd prefer sending out free stuff to goons rather than random internet people.

*and I only get a couple hundred ISO per day :argh:

I'm at 222. I assume the rest are lurkers. You should be getting more than a couple hundred a day, though.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

What do you guys think is the best cover build for Magneto (Marvel Now). I have him at 0/3/3. I just got another red cover, but I'm not sure if I should try to max out his red or his blue ability? (Definitely maxing out the purple one). Should I just use it because I am not going to get that many magnetos?

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Erebus posted:

I'm at 222. I assume the rest are lurkers. You should be getting more than a couple hundred a day, though.

I only get a couple hundred a day too. When I can send rewards, it usually only lets me send to three people. Sometimes 25. How does the reward sharing system work?

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you
It is breathtaking how shamelessly each successive update is a bigger and bigger gently caress you to the player.

Haha! Now you can't enhance powers without premium currency!

Haha! Now your maximum healing items are halved!

Haha! Now leveling up doesn't refill health!

gently caress these guys.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

OK Octopus posted:

It is breathtaking how shamelessly each successive update is a bigger and bigger gently caress you to the player.

Haha! You only need 13 covers to max level your poo poo!

Haha! You have 25% more base healing items and they refill in 1/3 the time!

This one is valid though.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

OK Octopus posted:

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you

Seems legit.

deadtear posted:

Dude, your entire post history is defending bullshit mechanics on EVE Online, DOTA 2, and now freemium iOS games. I respect your input, but I think we have fundamentally different ways of viewing the world.

Yancy_Street fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 9, 2013

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
I don't really care if Ironman 40 costs 1100 coins because it's not like he's that fantastic and the spergs who she'll out for him subsidize my free playin'. I honestly think they are pretty fair. I've been loving around playing constantly for about an hour with no down time and I haven't paid a cent.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

deadtear posted:

Sorry Octo but for what my meager opinion is worth, I have to agree with Deadtear's side of the argument. The faster turnaround on Health Kits and less covers to max skills are fantastic.

I just managed to get my 500 point token and pulled the yellow Model 40 and I love it! He hardly ever gets hit because he's never out front to get damaged and just sits there funneling red mana into Thor. Plus he sometimes causes cascades when the yellow countdown tiles activate and vanish.

I just jumped up 200 points to first place (700 points) and still have a spare health kit.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Fritzler posted:

What do you guys think is the best cover build for Magneto (Marvel Now). I have him at 0/3/3. I just got another red cover, but I'm not sure if I should try to max out his red or his blue ability? (Definitely maxing out the purple one). Should I just use it because I am not going to get that many magnetos?
I haven't decided between 5/4/4 and 4/5/4.

Definitely keeping the Red below 4 as that keeps the cost of his nuke below five matches. Blue at 4 at least the cost is three matches, but it's entirely down to the positioning as to how much damage it does compared to 5 where it kills the whole board regardless. Purple the only difference between level 4 and level 5 is 1 extra tile, and I've got it at level 4 at the moment and I more regularly than not am able to make two five-match blue setups, so I'm prevaricating on whether or not it's worth taking that extra one when it's the Blue level I'd be giving up for it.

Also, MN.Magneto is great with Iron Man 40's blue missiles. I just need someone who can help me stall (because my Bullseye/C.Storm are low level) until I match/create 20 blues and then he basically KOs the entire enemy team.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Anyone else noticing that you are getting a lot more points per environmental tile recently? Or is it that they reduced the cost on the ultimate ability of the environmental tile?

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

600 point Daken reward (aka the last realistic goal) achieved. It seemed better to do now while the tournament was relatively quiet, I'm sure 200 of those points will be gone by tomorrow.
Also briefly got to 1000 points in SHIELD training (aka the last realistic, desireable reward, from there it's Hawkeyes all the way down). Kinda out of stuff to do for a while. Roll on new PVE content...

Speaking of hidden changes, is it just me or does the AI seem smarter than it used to? It's doing a much better job of clearing my strike tiles, and seems to pounce on the colours I'm after all the time (usually green, my highest damage colour).

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Kravdraa posted:

600 point Daken reward (aka the last realistic goal) achieved. It seemed better to do now while the tournament was relatively quiet, I'm sure 200 of those points will be gone by tomorrow.
Also briefly got to 1000 points in SHIELD training (aka the last realistic, desireable reward, from there it's Hawkeyes all the way down). Kinda out of stuff to do for a while. Roll on new PVE content...

Speaking of hidden changes, is it just me or does the AI seem smarter than it used to? It's doing a much better job of clearing my strike tiles, and seems to pounce on the colours I'm after all the time (usually green, my highest damage colour).

The computer will match its highest damage tile if a valid match for its abilities isn't available, that may be it.

Still glad it prioritizes 4-matches instead of colors it can use for abilities, that saved my rear end when I fought Level 110 Ragnarok with a 14/15/14 Ironman 35/Classic Storm/Modern Black Widow team.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I keep underestimating modern Storm/Black Widow teams. Once a levelled Black Widow gets going with the stuns and Storm with the lightning, its pain time for me.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Those have been auto skip teams for me.

Which of course means I'm leveling up Modern Widow/Modern Storm for the same reason :getin:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

SynthOrange posted:

I keep underestimating modern Storm/Black Widow teams. Once a levelled Black Widow gets going with the stuns and Storm with the lightning, its pain time for me.

Yep, that's a killer. Modern Black Widow shuts down a whole team for a turn, so if you use that + lightning to clean up a lovely board, you can set up a cascade pretty easily. It's a strategy the AI will use pretty regularly on accident

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Helical Nightmares posted:

Anyone else noticing that you are getting a lot more points per environmental tile recently? Or is it that they reduced the cost on the ultimate ability of the environmental tile?

Iron Man 40 is great with those: he gets 8 points for each tile, which means you only need a couple of matches to drop a critical on the board (lab map all day errday). Add a 25% crit boost and you can really ramp up the pain. A couple of days ago a cascade netted me four criticals, now that's what I call a lightning round :frogc00l:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Very belatedly joining the Fake Facebook Iso train.

https://www.facebook.com/mike.diep.5268

Need so much Iso.