Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I hadn't played the Story of Red Cloud since pretty early in its development, and thought about going back to play the last version by using TConfig or whatever to revert to a version of Terraria that's compatible with it. But then I thought about all the minor changes and improvements that 1.2 brought, and the countless "quality of life" style fixes, and the map, and the one-block-slopes, and I just can't bring myself to go back.

I really hope a new API is released, and soon. Or better yet, I hope Red officially supports modding before he stops working on Terraria for good. I feel like this is a game that could really benefit from mods in a pretty diverse way, and some of the stuff people had started on already looked pretty ambitious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Hummingbirds posted:

Didn't know about magic power potion, added that in and I made it to wave 14 :) Has anyone actually beat the event? There's just so many Pumpkings at the end, it seems like there simply isn't enough time to do it solo.

Yep. Nimbus Rod + Inferno Fork + Magnet Sphere + Golden Shower, all reforged as good as you can get them, plus Obsidian/Ankh Shield + Sorcerer's Emblem + Wings + Mana Shackles + <accessory of choice>, reforged for damage.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's possible but very difficult. There's no reward for beating it anyway, you just have higher chances for drops the higher the wave. I've heard that in wave 15 the bosses are dropping stuff every kill.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

RatHat posted:

It's possible but very difficult. There's no reward for beating it anyway, you just have higher chances for drops the higher the wave. I've heard that in wave 15 the bosses are dropping stuff every kill.

If you care about the boss trophies, they can only drop on wave 15 (which is dumb).

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Kyrosiris posted:

If you care about the boss trophies, they can only drop on wave 15 (which is dumb).

poo poo, how many guys spawn in wave 15? Is it based on the number of players? Because my friends and I have walked away with 10+ trophies of both enemies apiece.

bonermobile
Sep 20, 2010

Wave 15 is endless.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

bonermobile posted:

Wave 15 is endless.

Yup, if anyone is claiming they beat it I'm thoroughly impressed.

Honestly w/ Nimbus Clouds + Spectre it gets easier and easier the more Pumpkings there are, the damage you take never increases past a certain point because of the way the cross necklace works and the damage you leech increases w/ the number of mobs you're hitting.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Vib Rib posted:

I hadn't played the Story of Red Cloud since pretty early in its development, and thought about going back to play the last version by using TConfig or whatever to revert to a version of Terraria that's compatible with it. But then I thought about all the minor changes and improvements that 1.2 brought, and the countless "quality of life" style fixes, and the map, and the one-block-slopes, and I just can't bring myself to go back.

I really hope a new API is released, and soon. Or better yet, I hope Red officially supports modding before he stops working on Terraria for good. I feel like this is a game that could really benefit from mods in a pretty diverse way, and some of the stuff people had started on already looked pretty ambitious.

For the record, I was trying to run red cloud the other day and it seems like tconfig is currently broken in regards to running mods. It will crash two seconds after starting it up and checking the forums there, it's not just me having this issue.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

FPzero posted:

For the record, I was trying to run red cloud the other day and it seems like tconfig is currently broken in regards to running mods. It will crash two seconds after starting it up and checking the forums there, it's not just me having this issue.

I played Red Cloud all week and only had one crash. My advice would be to do a clean install of everything, then install the game+mods. And follow the install instructions very carefully. For myself, when I assumed I knew what I was doing, things broke or didn't work at all.

EDIT: This is in a Win7 x64 system, with UAC off.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
I heard earlier that you can try getting key molds by using meteorite in whatever biome. Can you still do that?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

crestfallen posted:

I heard earlier that you can try getting key molds by using meteorite in whatever biome. Can you still do that?

You sure can! Turtle armor with a source of regeneration (honey and/or a heart lamp) is best.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
Awesome, thanks! Have to make a new world to get some meteorite first. Oops.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Bakalakadaka posted:

You sure can! Turtle armor with a source of regeneration (honey and/or a heart lamp) is best.

You can even go Honey + Heart Lamp + Campfire since they're all separate buffs.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Is it safe to make a hellbridge out of Crimtane stone for the Wall of Flesh fight? I don't want to deal with a meaty corrupted hell

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Desperate Character posted:

Is it safe to make a hellbridge out of Crimtane stone for the Wall of Flesh fight? I don't want to deal with a meaty corrupted hell

Hell (ash and hellstone blocks) aren't affected by crimson/corruption/hallow, other than if those biomes meet with hell the hell mobs might drop souls.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
I'm pretty sure it'll see more than 50 blocks of crimson poo poo and start spawning gross meaty things in hell/just on the edge of it when all you want are loving red devils gently caress

But it won't actually corrupt stuff there.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
I'd use ash anyway because then you can scoot across it and pick up fireblossoms if you don't already have a garden for them.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

crestfallen posted:

I'd use ash anyway because then you can scoot across it and pick up fireblossoms if you don't already have a garden for them.
Follow this advice. Fireblossoms are a pain in the dick to farm.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

I didn't do this but it just ended up having a ton of crimson down there and it makes farming ichor ridiculously easy.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Is there a reason I've yet to come across a single crystal shard anywhere underneath the hallow? I've been down to ~550 feet below but it's just a snow biome

urzaserra256
Nov 29, 2009
I think the crystals only grow on pearlstone.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I've finally given up on my Flame Gauntlet. Too many Hardmode enemies are immune to On Fire. What's another good accessory for a primarily melee-focused character? I was considering the Destroyer Emblem, since I'm gonna be grinding WoF and Golem for their trophies anyways.

Edit My other three are currently Warding Flame Wings, Warding Charm of Myths, Warding Ankh Shield, Warding Spectre Boots.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Nov 10, 2013

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Cross necklace is very good for melee. Celestial stone might be good aswell, but I find it really hard to judge the benefit of those "buffs everything" kind of trinkets.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

urzaserra256 posted:

Pretty sure they grow on pink ice as well.

onemanlan
Oct 4, 2006
Guys I'm trying to build a hardmode house on top of my old house. For some reason I can't get my rooms valid - does it have to do with using Crimstone Block as the inner part? The lower ones don't seem to be taking either an getting the message 'not valid housing' isn't helpful in determining the answer.

Also how do I get lava on my roof?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Rooms're probably too big.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

The Leper Colon V posted:

Rooms're probably too big.

No, rooms can't be too big. Actual issue is the fact that he used way too much crimstone in the construction, so it counts as corrupted and is thus invalid.

onemanlan
Oct 4, 2006

Hot Lead Allergy posted:

No, rooms can't be too big. Actual issue is the fact that he used way too much crimstone in the construction, so it counts as corrupted and is thus invalid.

Thank you!

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Yeah, mine out all the crimstone blocks and turn them to bricks. It should keep the look you're going for, without the change of biome.

faptown
Dec 6, 2008
So I just hit hard mode and upgraded my pickaxe to palladium. What's the next step here? I'm thinking new armor and weapon but have no clue where to start. How bad is The Destroyer with a Phoenix blaster and meteor shot ammo?

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

faptown posted:

So I just hit hard mode and upgraded my pickaxe to palladium. What's the next step here? I'm thinking new armor and weapon but have no clue where to start. How bad is The Destroyer with a Phoenix blaster and meteor shot ammo?

Build a glowing mushroom house and get yourself the Shroomite Spear. It's ridiculously powerful against the destroyer.

Also head for the snow biome when it's raining and kill the Ice Golems for the frost armor they drop. That and a full load of potions will make the Destoryer pretty pathetic.

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.

Hunter Noventa posted:

Build a glowing mushroom house and get yourself the Shroomite Spear. It's ridiculously powerful against the destroyer.

Also head for the snow biome when it's raining and kill the Ice Golems for the frost armor they drop. That and a full load of potions will make the Destoryer pretty pathetic.

To expand on what you need for the shroom guy to move in, I built a normal house and lined the floor with mud, then planted a single mushroom seed. After a while the mushrooms will spread all over the floor and it should turn into a mini biome that'll cause the mushroom dude to move in.

Regarding frost golems: where in the snow biome do they spawn, on the surface, just below the surface, or deep underground in the snow biome? I swear I've hit up my snow biomes a couple times while it's supposed to be blizzarding but haven't seen a frost golem yet.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Mental Midget posted:

Regarding frost golems: where in the snow biome do they spawn, on the surface, just below the surface, or deep underground in the snow biome? I swear I've hit up my snow biomes a couple times while it's supposed to be blizzarding but haven't seen a frost golem yet.

On the surface, during blizzards.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Cicadalek posted:

Cross necklace is very good for melee. Celestial stone might be good aswell, but I find it really hard to judge the benefit of those "buffs everything" kind of trinkets.
It's actually pretty easy to judge since its buffs are fairly visible if you hover over your equipment with your menu open. It's not a bad accessory at all, but my main problem is that it's purely a numerical buff and it's hard to pass up a gameplay buff like dashing, flight, or nullifying knockback in favor of it.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Hot Lead Allergy posted:

No, rooms can't be too big.

Yes, they can, but they have to be very large indeed.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

urzaserra256 posted:

Tenebrais posted:

Pretty sure they grow on pink ice as well.

I've seen lots of pearlstone and pink ice but no crystal shards. I just don't seem to have an underground hallow, since nothing I kill will drop a soul of light.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

I've seen lots of pearlstone and pink ice but no crystal shards. I just don't seem to have an underground hallow, since nothing I kill will drop a soul of light.

Have to be below the lower cave level (so where the background changes to the darker rock background from the lighter rock background) for crystals to spawn. If you're having problems with lack of underground hollow, get some holy water and seed some hollow relatively deep. If you have a clentaminator, use that with hollow fluid.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Hot Lead Allergy posted:

No, rooms can't be too big.

No, rooms can be too big.

Including the floor, side walls and ceiling, a home must have at least 60 total tiles but less than 750.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Does anyone have a good set-up for infinite honey? I just found my first hive and it's right above hell :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.

Does anyone have a good set-up for infinite honey? I just found my first hive and it's right above hell :unsmigghh:
Use the trick where you can dump liquid on a block and it goes half on each side. That gets it going; you're already infinite. Eventually you can just use pumps.

• Locked thread