Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysa09
May 28, 2010

party hat posted:

Oh, I didn't even think about that :ohdear:. I just meant that now GBS is a free for all, the thread keeps getting buried.

I just keep it bookmarked and on my browsers favorites. Lol. Same with my mom. One click and we've got the thread. But I guess if it got buried so far into the archives I'd be out of luck. :(
It'd probably make more sense for the thread to be somewhere else anyway but could we get the whole thing moved or would we have to start a new thread? I'm just worried a bit about the Christmas cards I'm so excited to send out this year. :ohdearsass:

mysa09 fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Nov 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

I sent a PM to the Creative Convention mod asking if the thread can be moved; if that's not possible, I'll start a new one and post the link in the thread.

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007
I feel goon-loved because I've been MIA from this thread for a long time and a few of you sent me Halloween greetings. I managed to get responses out this afternoon.

Thanks for remembering me, goons.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

lamb posted:

I sent a PM to the Creative Convention mod asking if the thread can be moved; if that's not possible, I'll start a new one and post the link in the thread.

He sure did, and some garden-vegetable-avatar'd admin sure did move the thread for me!

Welcome to CC, Weird Address-Giving-Out thread! I'll be your new tyrannical dictator!

Let me know if you need a thread title/tag change to make it more visible in CC, also congratulations on being the randomly chosen winner of a 3-day sticky so people notice this exists.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

SpoopyMonkey posted:

He sure did, and some garden-vegetable-avatar'd admin sure did move the thread for me!

Welcome to CC, Weird Address-Giving-Out thread! I'll be your new tyrannical dictator!

Let me know if you need a thread title/tag change to make it more visible in CC, also congratulations on being the randomly chosen winner of a 3-day sticky so people notice this exists.

Thanks! If anyone can think of a better thread title, fire away. Anything that can get more people to join us is much appreciated, so thank you very much for the sticky.

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?
Hello thread! I got lovely cards from Lamb, The Schwa, and Party Hat. Responses en route!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Goon Letter Thread: Stationery and Stickers For All!

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
Goon Mail: Penmanship's Not Dead!

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Goon Mail: the most fun you'll ever have irritating the US Postal Service with strangers!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Goonmail: Single-handedly Keeping the USPS Pension Solvent

Cone of Tragedy
Dec 3, 2006

Well, this is undignified...
Goon Mail: If You Like It Put a Stamp On It

SuzieMcAwesome
Jul 27, 2011

A lady should be two things, Classy and fabulous. Unfortunately, you my dear are neither.
Goonmail: We lick it then stick it (in the mail with erasers)

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

I got cards from DLAO and PitGoddess this weekend. Thanks to both! It always make me smile to get unexpected fun mail.

I bought a bunch of cards this weekend in anticipation of xmas mailings.........

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
I got mail from lady flash and jimmydafish, thanks guys! Replies have been sent.

I'm excited for the christmas card exchange, too. I love having the cards everywhere. I think my boyfriend enjoys it too (at least in December, any xmas decor in November and he's a grinch), but he'll never admit it!

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Hey so I moved a few months ago to start studying. The address registered here was my parents'. I've now went to visit them and picked everything up :).
Got wonderful shiny lovely goonlove from Ashendar, frenchnewwave, ladyflash and lamb.

Slightly special thanks to lamb for sending me pop-rocks which I had never had before ^^ (if we have something similar in Europe, it's not very popular. Also they're not on the picture cuz I ate them :P).

While back in London I also met a Chinese friend of mine who I asked to bring me some postcards from China. They're a liiittle bit commercial, but I really do think they're cute :). Many of them are Christmas themed so I'm covered for that too.

Finally, a little bonus something British for frenchnewwave. Teaser:

I am a painfully uncreative person and don't really know what to write, but I'll figure it out soon and send out a wave of cards to some corners of the globe :).

Amarie
Mar 24, 2004

I want you to meet my little friend, Mister Stabby!
I was worried that this thread was gone, but I found it here. Thank you for the sampler Kafka's Goldfish! It's getting framed asap!

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

TopherCStone
Feb 27, 2013

I am very important and deserve your attention
58 Whitney Road
Short Hills, NJ 07078
USA

Just waiting for my typewriter to get here so I can start writing letters :kimchi:

mysa09
May 28, 2010
Any chance we can get the address list updated? :ohdear:

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

mysa09 posted:

Any chance we can get the address list updated? :ohdear:

I'll do that by Friday, promise

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
Thank you for all the goodies, Stuffins! And I looove your wax stamp, Invalid Octopus, thank you for the letter :3:

satiat
Sep 17, 2009
I haven't seen this thread in a long time, so I guess adding my address again would be ok.

Moyer
10124 Windburn Trail
Converse, TX

I've got a massive amount of things to send...

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
I feel super bad! I got some goonmail and never got around to posting it because of the Halloween rush! ARGH!

I want to say a BIG thank you to Kristina ladyflash for the creepy cat post card. I love that thing obscene amounts and I've decided I'm gonna frame it and put it on my wall, I love it that much, so thank you!

I found some terribly morbid bunny postcards that I'll be sending out soon, most likely by random. After the Christmas season, I might do something along the lines of Venturetines again, now that I've (finally) found all of my art supplies after the move, so that should be fun! I'll admit the reason I've been so inactive in this thread is that for the last year I've been making a journal full of drawings and quotes and letters for my boyfriend Nic, so it's taken up A LOT of time. Gonna give that to him on Monday for our 2 year anniversary. :3:

Just wanted to let you all know I'm not dead. I have been inactive though, so I don't think I'm on the document of addresses anymore?

Just in case, it's:

Miss Kassie Wright
130 West St. Lower Apartment
Brantford, ON
N3T 3B9.
Canada

I guess what I'm saying is, I wanna get back in the mail exchanging game (aww yis!)

mysa09
May 28, 2010
Anyone want to send get well mail to my cat? :3:

He broke his leg Wednesday night. He always comes in the house at night but that night he didn't and he obviously got in a fight with a larger animal. He's really lucky to have gotten away and still be here.
If anyone wants to send him something you can just send it to me and I'll make sure he gets it and most likely rubs his face on it and purr at it. Also, I'll make sure if you send something you'll get something cool in return. :neckbeard:
P.S. My cat is fabulous!

Edit-Sorry! His name is Jack

mysa09 fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Nov 9, 2013

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

mysa09 posted:

He broke his leg Wednesday night. He always comes in the house at night but that night he didn't and he obviously got in a fight with a larger animal. He's really lucky to have gotten away and still be here.
If anyone wants to send him something you can just send it to me and I'll make sure he gets it and most likely rubs his face on it and purr at it. Also, I'll make sure if you send something you'll get something cool in return. :neckbeard:
P.S. My cat is fabulous!

I will send you something, is your address in the list?

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

mysa09 posted:

P.S. My cat is fabulous!

Aww poor kitty :(. I'll send something soon.

Also, the list was updated last night:

http://side-o-lamb.com/goonlist.html
Or for those who prefer excel: http://side-o-lamb.com/goonlist.xlsx

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

mysa09 posted:

Cat-appropriate get well wishes are on the way.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

mysa09 posted:

P.S. My cat is fabulous!

I'm always up for sending kitty get well cards! What's kitty's name...?

edit 2: You and your mother are about to get all kinds of mail bombed from me. Hope the mailman doesn't get all crabby again! :ohdear:

edit:

cuntvalet posted:

I guess what I'm saying is, I wanna get back in the mail exchanging game (aww yis!)

Welcome back! :hfive:

Niemat fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Nov 9, 2013

mysa09
May 28, 2010

Niemat posted:

I'm always up for sending kitty get well cards! What's kitty's name...?

edit 2: You and your mother are about to get all kinds of mail bombed from me. Hope the mailman doesn't get all crabby again! :ohdear:

His name is Jack! I don't know if you remember but 2 years ago you send a get well card to another one of my cats, who also broke her leg. That cat was Jack's sister,Jill(Yes, Jack and Jill:downswords:). Getting into trouble must run in the family. :argh:

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

mysa09 posted:

His name is Jack! I don't know if you remember but 2 years ago you send a get well card to another one of my cats, who also broke her leg. That cat was Jack's sister,Jill(Yes, Jack and Jill:downswords:). Getting into trouble must run in the family. :argh:

I did remember that!! I read that and thought, 'huh. I thought mysa's cat was female...?' But that explains it! :) at least he'll have some quality (sympathetic) company while he's on the mend!

mysa09
May 28, 2010
For mail for the cat, my name is on the list but as many of you can tell I got stuck with a grumpy postmaster. So please try to address them to me or I'm 99% sure he'll send them back. :bang:

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

mysa09 posted:

For mail for the cat, my name is on the list but as many of you can tell I got stuck with a grumpy postmaster. So please try to address them to me or I'm 99% sure he'll send them back. :bang:

I addressed mine to you and hope it gets to you :ohdear:

mysa09
May 28, 2010

Senior Scarybagels posted:

I addressed mine to you and hope it gets to you :ohdear:

It should, I just meant if you addressed it to the cat he would be confused and probably send it back. He's very very picky about the names. :cry:

I got mail today from PartyHat!! I loved the fishy drawing. I used to have goldfish and more recently some betta fish but none right now. I'm going to hang it on my wall :3:

Ashendar
Oct 19, 2011

Apparently i got bunch of cards for Halloween. For some reason postman couldn't deliver them (new guy didnt find house/postbox) and i only got them when i went to sent out some mail of my own.

I got mail from Lamb, DLAO, Brotato, Kafka, someone-from-new-zealand-whose-name-i-cant-read, and some spooky card with smudged letters that i couldn't read at all.

Thank you all! Im gonna post some pictures later, and gonna send some replies soon :)

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Danica!

380 Cassia Blvd
Satellite Beach Fl, 32937

I'll send out a bunch of package Christmas cards, and a few special ones, decided by either voodoo ceremony or 151.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

Ashendar posted:

someone-from-new-zealand-whose-name-i-cant-read

That is me :)

In other news, I finally got and wrote in cards! Heading to the postshop today to send them. Cards heading to lamb, Brotato, Party Hat and Invalid Octopus.

TheAbominableSnow
Nov 20, 2012

a thousand puns and not one of them worth saying
I probably shouldn't have signed up for this just before starting my freshman year at college, because I only just got around to replying to the postcard sent by frenchnewwave and a lovely letter from Kafka's Goldfish:

Thank you! They're stuck up on my corkboard right now. I've been doing these terrible little postcard sized mini-paintings to practice, so guess what you're getting in the mail:

I also completely forgot to list my school address before leaving, so I'll be sending a lot more stuff out once I go home for the holidays and can tend to my backed up mail. I know I've got a couple goon letters waiting for me.

nonpromqueen
Sep 25, 2006

It's time I crawl out of my lurking hole once more and prepare to send and receive cards.

Stacey Burkett
3369 Beau Rivage Cres.
Mississauga, ON
L5L 5H4
CANADA

TopherCStone
Feb 27, 2013

I am very important and deserve your attention
My typewriter arrived over the weekend broken, but this morning I managed to find one locally that works. The very minute my ribbon comes in I'll be tap-tappin' away and sending out mail. I wish I could think of something regional to include with each one, but all I can think of is Taylor Ham and that wouldn't exactly ship well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Oh wow, i got a postcard from kdyflash and some baseball cards, a giant penny and a sackrace fact from Rhonda C

Kristina, we generally dont do halloween since all hallows eve is a northern hemisphere pagan thing, we would be welcoming summer which was Beltane. The fire festival.
However this year, at our new suburb a crapload of kids showed up demanding lollies, i had to go out to the shops under my gfs instruction and get thirty dollars of sweets and chips to give to these little tykes. Noone tricked my house, what a disappointment.

Rhonda C, i got your cute pink stilleto mules stationary and trinkets. It was delightful to see goonmail instead of bills today. I like sciencey stuff and things i can use in rpg games with my friends. I also like miniature painting and unusual non-precious gemstones. But baseball cards are ok, i guess.
The record holders for 4x100m sack race are australian, whaddya know?

Now i feel i should get about sending some goonmail to people.