Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Holy poo poo the Fastball got a 700% damage boost :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Kifisonfire posted:

Holy poo poo the Fastball got a 700% damage boost :stare:

In your opinion, is it worth trying to slog through UVHM/OP8 Lynchwood to get a high level Fastball? My partner and I have avoided Lynchwood completely in UVHM and I'm not sure if we want to unlock the Sheriff in one long sitting if the upgraded Fastball is not gonna be worth the effort.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

ShadowedFlames posted:

In your opinion, is it worth trying to slog through UVHM/OP8 Lynchwood to get a high level Fastball? My partner and I have avoided Lynchwood completely in UVHM and I'm not sure if we want to unlock the Sheriff in one long sitting if the upgraded Fastball is not gonna be worth the effort.
An OP8 Fastball now does around 23 million damage. Considering it's a guaranteed drop today, I don't see a reason not to.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Plus I think it's a really fun grenade.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Kifisonfire posted:

An OP8 Fastball now does around 23 million damage. Considering it's a guaranteed drop today, I don't see a reason not to.

Well...25 million corrosive Fastball.

Now I gotta learn to throw the drat thing accurately.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Time for a brand new week!
Weekly prize: gaming PC from Falcon Northwest and an Nvidia Shield handheld
Weekly cash prize: $15,000
End of week reward: Skullmasher

Today's target: Henry
Community goal: Kill 60,000 Spiderant Kings with the Gunerang

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Gunnerang? The time has finally come...

KidKrampus, if you're reading this take the conch horn to the tallest peak and signal the others.

We have a Warrior to kill.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Father Wendigo posted:

Gunnerang? The time has finally come...

KidKrampus, if you're reading this take the conch horn to the tallest peak and signal the others.

We have a Warrior to kill.

Was the most annoying fight ever not enough for you?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Dr.Smasher posted:

Was the most annoying fight ever not enough for you?

gently caress NO. Let me lay some numbers on you...

Eight Gunnerangs.

Four Gunzerkers.

Too Bad. :v:

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Father Wendigo posted:

Eight Gunnerangs.

Four Gunzerkers.

I want video evidence of this fight, if only to listen to the screams of torment.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Father Wendigo posted:

Eight Gunnerangs.

Four Gunzerkers.

I kind of wish I had a 360 for that now.

feraltennisprodigy
May 29, 2008

'sup :buddy:
Any EU PS3 goons have some sick level 40-45 guns that they have outgrown? My gunzerker could use some help. :yayclod:

I'm coolfrog on PSN, playing now

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Well, looks like tonight's gonna be an attempted speed run through UVHM Hammerlock DLC. I'd like to get that Twister on OP8 or thereabouts and I haven't touched Hammerlock's DLC outside of TVHM.

If anyone on 360 needs run up to Woundspike, I'll be starting around 5 PM (Eastern US). It shouldn't take four or five hours...right?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Next week is the final week of the loot hunt.
Cash prize: $20,000
Sponsor prizes: BL2 GOTYE strategy guide from BradyGames and a 2K Games lifetime Steam key.

smashpro1 fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Nov 1, 2013

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Yo check this out

btw it gets weird about 5 minutes in and doesn't really stop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOIsK0pT-Ks

Kifisonfire fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Nov 2, 2013

chopstixdiva
Apr 18, 2013

Kifisonfire posted:

Yo check this out

I hate you :). Also, that looked like fun!!!

chopstixdiva fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Nov 2, 2013

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Kifisonfire posted:

Yo check this out

VICTORY SHRIEEEEEEEEEK!!! :black101:

It's nice to know something good came out of Borderlands 2 today, because the Skullmasher getting screwed out of a buff soured it pretty drat well.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Kifisonfire posted:

Yo check this out

No check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0gTy40Bs_E

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

What th-YOU USED A GROG NOZZLE YA MOOK! THE ENTIRE RUN IS VOID. :mad:

Looks like we still have some things to do. :v:

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

OK yeah this is better.

Next idea: LOTR easter egg with a Bane and Hoplite.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

Kifisonfire posted:

OK yeah this is better.

Play the footage with a small window playing the extended cut of fellowship and see which ends first.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Kifisonfire posted:

Yo check this out

Ok, I have to admit, that looked fun. Well played. :golfclap:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Today's target: Motor Momma.
Community goal: Kill 80,000 Feeler Threshers with Teeth of Terramorphous.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

KidKrampus posted:

Play the footage with a small window playing the extended cut of fellowship and see which ends first.

I'm in. Can't seem to get the thing with Gery to work, no idea why.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Kifisonfire posted:

OK yeah this is better.

Oh GOD yes. What would the build be? Gaige, Axton, Sal, and Zer0? (Frodo, Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas)

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Today's target, Gold Golem, drops a Grog Nozzle that you actually get to keep!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I just finished unlocking everything in the Poker Night 2 game. I downloaded and installed all the themes (I'm on PS3) but the Shift menu in BL2 doesn't show that I have any of the unlockable skins or heads. I've looked around and the only answer I've seen is "Keep re-downloading the themes and checking BL2 immediately after. Sometimes it takes multiple tries."

Is there any other better answer than this? I know some other people had this game back when it first came out but I don't remember if anyone found a better solution.

Thanks in advance.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Last day of the Loot Hunt! Badassasaurus will drop the Cobra and Skyrocket.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

smashpro1 posted:

Last day of the Loot Hunt! Badassasaurus will drop the Cobra and Skyrocket.

Of course it has to be the worst boss besides the raid bosses. Want that Cobra though

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
An appropriately poo poo way to end an appropriately poo poo event. :golfclap:

According to the ticker there's a bonus weekend coming tomorrow though so hey whatever.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
So, did they make the Skyrocket useful, or is it still just pyrotechnics?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

I'm guessing that the bonus weekend is because they had technical difficulties at the start.
Today's target: Sorcerer's Daughter
Community goal: Kill tens of millions of enemies (type doesn't matter) with the Kerblaster.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

smashpro1 posted:

I'm guessing that the bonus weekend is because they had technical difficulties at the start.
Today's target: Sorcerer's Daughter
Community goal: Kill tens of millions of enemies (type doesn't matter) with the Kerblaster.

That's an assault rifle! I will be kneeling with Krieg for hours for that loving ugly Dahl skin.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

The hint for tomorrow is "Flak You". Gearbox still trolling even after extending their event.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Oh gently caress, if the final drop is going to be a Flakker, they better do something to it to make it useful or gently caress that noise.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Doodles posted:

Oh gently caress, if the final drop is going to be a Flakker, they better do something to it to make it useful or gently caress that noise.
They did a long time ago. It's called the SWORDSPLOSION.

GammaShade
Oct 10, 2005

CG: Boggle vacantly at these shenanigans.

Seneschal posted:

That's an assault rifle! I will be kneeling with Krieg for hours for that loving ugly Dahl skin.

Maybe not. According to the BL2 wiki, kills with the KerBlaster count as grenade kills for challenge purposes. You can still get a not as terrible-looking skin if you haven't gotten 150 grenade kills yet, though.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Greenplastic posted:

So, did they make the Skyrocket useful, or is it still just pyrotechnics?

The Skyrocket's actually pretty good indoors. Just that most of the game takes place outside or in areas with massive ceilings.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
Bordergoons, please enlighten me with your infinite wisdom!

Me and two friends are having a PS3 BorderLAN in a few weeks and we have a lvl50 Assassin (me), Siren and Commando lined up to do it with. Our intention is to do a DLC. I haven't touched either the Hammerlock or the Tiny Tina DLC. Which is more fun to LAN? I'm leaning more towards Tiny Tina because I love that character.
Also, would UVHM be a good idea for a LAN? The thing I understand is that in both modes all enemies level up to the highest person in the party, however TVHM apparently locks an area to a certain level as you enter and UVHM has mobs dynamically level as you're playing, right? And that UVHM mobs are tougher with more HP (in TVHM mobs are able to two-shot you as well, but have less health?) and drop much better loot incl. pearlescents? I'm not afraid to need to take cover, or use slag. I want it to be fun, I just don't want it to be a slogfest.

Then my final question: anyone have a good lvl50 Assassin class mod lying around? A legendary Killer or Hunter mod would be awesome, but if you have a good Spy, Shot or Professional that would be cool! I'm having a real hard time finding good ones for my Assassin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Sioux posted:

Bordergoons, please enlighten me with your infinite wisdom!

Me and two friends are having a PS3 BorderLAN in a few weeks and we have a lvl50 Assassin (me), Siren and Commando lined up to do it with. Our intention is to do a DLC. I haven't touched either the Hammerlock or the Tiny Tina DLC. Which is more fun to LAN? I'm leaning more towards Tiny Tina because I love that character.
Also, would UVHM be a good idea for a LAN? The thing I understand is that in both modes all enemies level up to the highest person in the party, however TVHM apparently locks an area to a certain level as you enter and UVHM has mobs dynamically level as you're playing, right? And that UVHM mobs are tougher with more HP (in TVHM mobs are able to two-shot you as well, but have less health?) and drop much better loot incl. pearlescents? I'm not afraid to need to take cover, or use slag. I want it to be fun, I just don't want it to be a slogfest.

Then my final question: anyone have a good lvl50 Assassin class mod lying around? A legendary Killer or Hunter mod would be awesome, but if you have a good Spy, Shot or Professional that would be cool! I'm having a real hard time finding good ones for my Assassin.

The Tina DLC is way better than the Hammerlock one. What's your PSNID? I have a ton of stuff I can drop to you.

• Locked thread