Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Mikujin posted:

That's not really a problem if you're trying to make something that wins. :colbert:

Yeah, as controversial as the idea is my LGS does EDH stuff for prizes on occasion, so being able to hold my own against venserartifacts.dec and the like would be nice. Plus there's probably a dude out there who bought a ton of Kamigawa and regretted it when history trashed that block, and I can make his day by taking a bunch of those cards off him (seriously a quarter of that deck is Kamigawa block which I think is funny for a format that includes all sets).

Also the last time I saw a Momir deck, he won four rounds with four different wincons so it's not always the same build order for these decks :colbert: And I'll always have my Crosis "kill/mill/steal" deck for wacky EDH times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

C-Euro posted:

Yeah, as controversial as the idea is my LGS does EDH stuff for prizes on occasion, so being able to hold my own against venserartifacts.dec and the like would be nice. Plus there's probably a dude out there who bought a ton of Kamigawa and regretted it when history trashed that block, and I can make his day by taking a bunch of those cards off him (seriously a quarter of that deck is Kamigawa block which I think is funny for a format that includes all sets).

Also the last time I saw a Momir deck, he won four rounds with four different wincons so it's not always the same build order for these decks :colbert: And I'll always have my Crosis "kill/mill/steal" deck for wacky EDH times.

Well the nice thing is you can find tool-box legends. You'll have your typical "I win" legends that you'll fish for most often, but you'll also have your must-answer options like Mageta to help provide the answers you need when board states start to get unmanageable.

Also get Jitte. As much as everyone will hate you.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

C-Euro posted:

Kamigawa is a block I feel needed more love. I'd love a good revisit to Kamigawa, with its nice tribals, and overall feel. Samurai, Ninja, spirits all around, Instant/Sorcery subtypes... I think they could make it work.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Red Deck Won last night. I went 6-1 to take 1st place. Here's the list:

Round 1 was the only set where I lost a game. It was against mono-green Devotion with some blue splashed in for overloaded Cyclonic Rift and that new Simic version of Yeva that lets you untap and flash stuff.

Game 1 - I killed him on turn 5. I went first and played a Firedrinker, then next turn Shocked his Elvish Mystic and unleashed a Cackler, and even though he was able to get out an Arbor Colossus on turn 4 I had enough dudes to swing for lethal after doming him with a Fanatic for 5 or 6 anyway.

Game 2 - He sides in those green devotion cards that give him life equal to his devotion. That sucked. I also didn't get the best possible draw and we ended up stalemating until he overloaded a Cyclonic Rift at the end of my turn. Then after I dumped my hand again he got out Polly and made him Monstrous, killing all my stuff and swinging for lethal. I couldn't be mad about that. It was really funny.

Game 3 was the best. I sided out all 4 Firedrinkers because I couldn't have those swinging into (or blocking) Polly or Arbor Colossus, and I also sided out my single Magma Jet. I put in 2 Skullcracks and 3 Boros Charms (for giving my stuff double-strike against Polly and Arbor Colossus or for an unblocked creature to win) I took out the 3 Mutavaults and 3 Mountains to put in the dual lands.

It started off well. I managed to get in some decent damage before he stabilized with an Arbor Colossus, but I also was able to get 2 Reckoners into play as well, so we stalled. I drew a 3rd Reckoner, and then a Fanatic of Mogis the turn after. So basically my plan was to build up devotion and dome him with the Fanatic. Next turn, I draw a scry land and play it, seeing a 2nd Fanatic on top. Of course I leave it there. By this time he has the Simic Yeva in play and a single card in his hand. His body language told me that it might be a Cyclnic Rift and he was thinking about overloading it and swinging for lethal, but he passed the turn. I figured he was waiting for me to do something so he could respond with the Rift. I figured if he had the Rift, he had the Rift and I wasn't going to do anything different. So I played the first Fanatic for 14 damage, not quite lethal, and he responds with the green devotion life gainer for 8, so I only did 6. Relieved that he didn't have the Rift, I just had to hope he didn't miracle something next turn. He drew a forest and, for reasons I still don't know, played it instead of bluffing with it. He already had a shitload of land on the table including a Nykthos. Anyway, he doesn't feel safe swinging so he passes the turn and I dome him for 15 with the 2nd Fanatic. That felt really good. :black101:

Round 2 was against a younger kid who is a good player but not the best deckbuilder. He was playing good-bant-cards.dec which ended up being quasi-midrange. I ended up drawing tons of Firefist Strikers both games and my dudes were waving at Loxodon Smiter and Kalonian Hydra as they swung past them for tons of damage. His deck was just too slow and even the Azorius Charms couldn't slow me down enough. In game 2 he sided in Verdicts but only got 1 off, and I had a Firefist and a Chainwalker in my hand when he did it so I plopped those down next turn and then next turn drew a Reckoner and it was over after that.

Round 3 the guy got mana screwed both games and I felt pretty bad about that, but I also had to mulligan both games myself. My opening hand on game 2 was literally 7 mountains. That was funny. Anyway the point I'm geetting at is that my mulligans were excellent all night. I never had to go down to 5. I'm thinking of going down to 2 Mutavaults like a lot of other people have been recommending. One of my openers gave me 2 land but both were Mutavaults and if 1 of them had been a Mountain it would've been a nearly perfect opener, so I'm probably going to drop down to 2. Also I really need a 2nd Chandra to replace that Magma Jet.

Thanks for reading! Mountains own!

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Nov 9, 2013

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
So, is the list on page one the latest version of MURDERGOATS or is there a more up to date one? Been looking at putting the deck together for some goat throwing action.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

So here's a deck I took to 3-0 at FNM last night (thanks to lucky matchups):

Deck: Enter the Infinite combo

//Main
3 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
22 Island

//Walls
4 Wall of Frost
4 Hover Barrier
4 Frostburn Weird
1 Doorkeeper

//More Protection
4 Claustrophobia
3 Domestication
3 Jace, Architect of Thought
4 Dissolve
2 Opportunity

//Kill Package
3 Enter the Infinite
1 Hidden Strings
1 Prognostic Sphinx
1 Psychic Spiral

//Sideboard
3 Murmuring Phantasm
4 Negate
2 Prognostic Sphinx
2 Pithing Needle
2 Archaeomancer
1 Enter the Infinite
1 Psychic Spiral

Display deck statistics

Gameplan: Play walls. Play more walls. Claustrophobia on Desecration Demon, Domestication on Nightveil Specter, you get the idea. Once you have 12-16 mana or a Jace at 8, you cast Enter the Infinite, discard most of your library using Prognostic Sphinx, then Psychic Spiral them hopefully for the win. You'll almost certainly need to do the double Nykthos trick to pull this off, and Hidden Strings exists solely to serve as a way to activate Nykthos a third or potentially even fourth time in a single turn.

This deck can straight up murder beatdown decks like GW because no matter what efficient beater they play, you can play a bigger wall for the same CMC. Against decks that run Thoughtseize or *shudder* Slaughter Games...hope you can win with either Prognostic Sphinx or Jace's ultimate or something. I dunno, if you want to improve this deck for yourself diversifying wincons would be the first place I'd look.

Changes I would make after having played it: probably play 1-2 more Sphinxes mainboard. I'd either want to run another mill card (Mind Sculpt would probably be enough) or play 65-70 cards because using Opportunity or Jace to draw cards means you probably can't deck them in one go. Of course running a 70 card deck is silly but this deck is silly to begin with so that's probably the route I'll go. :)

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

legoman727 posted:

So, is the list on page one the latest version of MURDERGOATS or is there a more up to date one? Been looking at putting the deck together for some goat throwing action.

I think there are a few slightly different versions floating around. Here's mine:

MURDERGOATS

Land (23)
4x Blood Crypt
12x Mountain
2x Rakdos Guildgate
5x Swamp

Instant (8)
3x Doom Blade
2x Lightning Strike
3x Shock

Sorcery (10)
4x Dreadbore
4x Molten Birth
2x Slaughter Games

Creature (12)
4x Purphoros, God of the Forge
4x Tymaret, the Murder King
4x Young Pyromancer

Artifact (7)
4x Rakdos Keyrune
3x Trading Post

Sideboard (15)
2x Act of Treason
1x Doom Blade
2x Duress
3x Electrickery
1x Lightning Strike
2x Pithing Needle
2x Rakdos's Return
1x Ratchet Bomb
1x Shock

The side board is a little janky, but it's fine for a casual FNM.

Synathaesia
Jul 4, 2009

it's been a hard day's night
and I'd been workin' like a dog

My version of MURDERGOATS:

Deck: Tymaret Goat Horde

//Lands
4 Blood Crypt
10 Mountain
2 Rakdos Guildgate
7 Swamp

//Spells
3 Dreadbore
4 Lightning Strike
2 Rakdos's Return
2 Doom Blade
3 Molten Birth
3 Rakdos Keyrune
4 Shock
3 Trading Post

//Creatures
3 Purphoros, God of the Forge
2 Rakdos Cackler
4 Tymaret, the Murder King
4 Young Pyromancer

//Sideboard
2 Dark Betrayal
2 Electrickery
1 Pithing Needle
2 Rakdos's Return
2 Skullcrack
4 Slaughter Games
1 Dreadbore
1 Dark Prophecy

Display deck statistics

The sideboard has some of the pretty usual cards - Dark Betrayal instead of doomblades for monoblack devotion; electrickery for some decks; pithing needle or slaughter games against control decks; Skullcrack against Sphinx's Rev - and then some cards to just fill it out, like Dark Prophecy. It seems like drawing cards would help, but I'm not sure when I would ever board it in. It's just there.

I also put Rakdos Cackler in the main deck, because I like the 1-drop. We discussed it a bit earlier in this thread Rakdos Cackler vs. Tenacious Dead vs. Blistercoil Weird for this slot.

Synathaesia fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Nov 9, 2013

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
:regd08:

Deck: Murdergoats

//Lands
4 Blood Crypt
11 Mountain
2 Mutavault
2 Rakdos Guildgate
4 Swamp

//Spells
3 Doom Blade
3 Dreadbore
4 Lightning Strike
4 Molten Birth
3 Rakdos Keyrune
2 Rakdos's Return
3 Trading Post

//Creatures
3 Pack Rat
4 Purphoros, God of the Forge
4 Young Pyromancer

//Sideboard
2 Electrickery
2 Pithing Needle
2 Thoughtseize
3 Rakdos Charm
3 Ultimate Price
3 Slaughter Games

Display deck statistics

Haven't finished building this yet but I based it off of "averaging" a few MURDERGOATS lists I had seen as well as what cards I had left over from my aborted Monoblack Devotion plans.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
That wall deck looks fun and I'm glad to see someone winning with walls. It gets really borning seeing everyone just copy the mtgtop8 stuff.

Also thanks to everyone posting MURDERGOATS! variants. I'm definitely putting that together soon.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Mr. Peepers posted:

So here's a deck I took to 3-0 at FNM last night (thanks to lucky matchups):

Deck: Enter the Infinite combo
That is goddamn hilarious and I would've liked to have seen your opponents' faces last night. Kinda glad I didn't go.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
MURDERGOATS report: 2-2. I probably could have won more games at least but I've been fighting a sinus thing/cold for the last few days and it made thinking clearly difficult. Losses to G/W aggro and Mono B devotion, wins against new guy and Mono B devotion (with a Rakdos Charm win to finish it).

I'm going to try to brew up another goofy/fun deck to play in a couple weeks, but I'm NOT abandoning MURDERGOATS. This deck is way too fun to take apart.

I'm thinking I might try something U/G (maybe a third color) with Unexpected Results shennanigans. Or something, not sure yet.

Mindisgone
May 18, 2011

Yeah, well you know...
That's just like, your opinion man.
Deck: gorgon

//Lands
6 Forest
4 Golgari Guildgate
10 Swamp

//Spells
2 Golgari Cluestone
2 Golgari Keyrune

//Creatures
2 Agent of the Fates
2 Boon Satyr
4 Crypt Ghast
1 Erebos, God of the Dead
2 Hythonia the Cruel
4 Keepsake Gorgon
1 Liliana's Reaver
4 Necropolis Regent
2 Nighthowler
1 Nylea, God of the Hunt
2 Pharika's Mender
4 Reaper of the Wilds
3 Shadowborn Demon
4 Sylvan Caryatid

//Sideboard
4 Slitherhead
3 Scavenging Ooze
2 Deathrite Shaman
3 Lotleth Troll
1 Varolz, the Scar-Striped
3 Golgari Charm
1 Golgari Decoy
4 Corpsejack Menace
4 Korozda Gorgon

Display deck statistics

Thoughts please, thank you!

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
Apologies for the Murdergoats-spam, I'm planning to enter a Win-A-Box tournament tomorrow, and looking for some advice on the deck. Pack Rat does immense work and attracts removal - a third seems prudent, but for what? Akroan Horse is a bit of a test, but when it has appeared it's been so useful. Currently I'm at 2 Shock, but I'm leaning towards a third to deal with Manadorks, the early aggro and to have T1 plays. At this point it's probably better to push the deck into actual games. My main worry is with the Sideboard.

Deck: Murdergoats. Murdergoats? Murdergoats!

//Lands
4 Blood Crypt
11 Mountain
2 Rakdos Guildgate
6 Swamp

//Spells
3 Doom Blade
4 Dreadbore
4 Lightning Strike
4 Molten Birth
3 Rakdos Keyrune
2 Shock
3 Trading Post

//Creatures
1 Akroan Horse
2 Pack Rat
3 Purphoros, God of the Forge
4 Young Pyromancer

//Sideboard
2 Ultimate Price
3 Slaughter Games
3 Rakdos Charm
2 Electrickery
2 Pithing Needle
2 Rakdos's Return
1 Rakdos Keyrune

Display deck statistics

From what I remember, the players tomorrow will probably run a few different Mono-Blue/Black/Red decks, WB Midrange seems popular too. One of my main worries are for Blood Barons/Obzedat, Elspeth/Assemble token hordes, and Gods. Weapons, at least, can be dealt with. Last time I ran into some Mill too.

Would Dark Betrayal be a better fit here? Hero's Downfall seems a bit expensive for anti-Obzedat or anti-Black tech. Any other advice would be appreciated, too. With what little I've played sofar, it's been immense. I've accidentally been running 25 Land, which isn't too bad as it fuelled Pack Rat rather nicely. The 2 Shock just came in for the other 2 land.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Frozen_flame posted:

Would Dark Betrayal be a better fit here? Hero's Downfall seems a bit expensive for anti-Obzedat or anti-Black tech. Any other advice would be appreciated, too. With what little I've played sofar, it's been immense. I've accidentally been running 25 Land, which isn't too bad as it fuelled Pack Rat rather nicely. The 2 Shock just came in for the other 2 land.

Dark Betrayal is probably the way to go SB. Obzedat is one of the biggest obstacles I've run into. I actually have 2 Anger of the Gods because it's almost all the deck can do against RDW-ish decks, and my local people tend to run boring aggro "vomit my hand turn 3"decks.

You really want Slaughter Games for against control and Thoughtseize or at least Duress are always good. Dark Betrayal and Slaughter Games on Aetherling take most control decks out of the picture.

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012

Mr. Peepers posted:

Changes I would make after having played it: probably play 1-2 more Sphinxes mainboard. I'd either want to run another mill card (Mind Sculpt would probably be enough) or play 65-70 cards because using Opportunity or Jace to draw cards means you probably can't deck them in one go. Of course running a 70 card deck is silly but this deck is silly to begin with so that's probably the route I'll go. :)

I feel like overloaded Cyclonic Rift is a good response for Grey Merchant or Fanatic. Curse of the Swine looks like good utility for problem creatures (since the 2/2s can then just get blocked forever), and it also hoses devotion. Dismiss Into Dream / Blustersquall seems like it might be a useful Plan B (Skygames might also be a good choice for infinite creature removal), and it gets around indestructability as a nice bonus. Shipbreaker Kraken seems like a fun one-of, and if you want to splash black Whispering Madness looks like another sideboard kill spell against Slaughter Games.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!

suicidesteve posted:

Dark Betrayal is probably the way to go SB. Obzedat is one of the biggest obstacles I've run into. I actually have 2 Anger of the Gods because it's almost all the deck can do against RDW-ish decks, and my local people tend to run boring aggro "vomit my hand turn 3"decks.

You really want Slaughter Games for against control and Thoughtseize or at least Duress are always good. Dark Betrayal and Slaughter Games on Aetherling take most control decks out of the picture.

Slaughter Games is wonderful and 3 are already in. I've been using it in Maze's End, it's brilliant in ripping out win conditions. If I find any more Thoughtsiezes, it's an option but the ones I have had turned into the Purphoros needed. Anger is interesting, it may come down to a judgement call tomorrow. I was thinking Mortars atone point but the 3 extra mana doesn't seem to be worth it.

For now it'll probably be Betrayal for Electrickery, Anger if there's a sense that a lot of the hyper-aggressive decks are appearing.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Frozen_flame posted:

Slaughter Games is wonderful and 3 are already in. I've been using it in Maze's End, it's brilliant in ripping out win conditions. If I find any more Thoughtsiezes, it's an option but the ones I have had turned into the Purphoros needed. Anger is interesting, it may come down to a judgement call tomorrow. I was thinking Mortars atone point but the 3 extra mana doesn't seem to be worth it.

For now it'll probably be Betrayal for Electrickery, Anger if there's a sense that a lot of the hyper-aggressive decks are appearing.

Yeah somehow I missed the Slaughter Games. That's the main thing. I'm pretty sure I actually have 3 Mortars main and 1 side too. It's really handy against pretty much any deck as long as you live long enough to use it.

Anger is there mainly for RDW but it's the best way I have of dealing with Voices too. It's usually enough to wipe Voices and tokens out. Just make sure you sac Tymaret first if he's in play.

And I love my Maze's End deck. Aside from getting mana screwed once, it's undefeated. I'll post my lists later tonight if I have time.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bouncing-bounty-babies/

Not my list but pretty interesting. Could splash for red god and it would be extremely easy to get 10 activations off in a deck playing nykthos and green ramping creatures, with a 1(imposter) and 2(deputy) mana enabler.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I just came up with a crazy idea, that I'm pretty sure would never work. I was thinking about how to get a standard win using Hellkite Tyrant, and I think this would be the only feasible way to get it done.

Deck: Hellkite Tyrant Idea

//Lands
4 Stomping Ground
4 Temple of Abandon
8 Mountain
6 Forest

//Artifact Shell
4 Accorder's Shield
4 Chromatic Lantern
4 Elixir of Immortality
4 Gruul Cluestone
4 Gruul Keyrune
4 Prophetic Prism
4 Pyxis of Pandemonium
2 Bow of Nylea

//Creatures
4 Hellkite Tyrant
4 Opaline Unicorn

Display deck statistics

Play multiple Pyxis of Pandemonium to get out at any permanent artifacts onto the battlefield as possible. Crack one Pyxis at EOT and win. This same idea could also apply to a Maze's End deck.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

GoutPatrol posted:

Play multiple Pyxis of Pandemonium to get out at any permanent artifacts onto the battlefield as possible. Crack one Pyxis at EOT and win. This same idea could also apply to a Maze's End deck.

Wouldn't you want to run Hammer so you can have bodies to attach your equips to at the very least?

And the golems also count as Artifacts, so.

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012

GoutPatrol posted:

I'm not sure that Pyxis is anywhere near as synergistic with Maze's End as it is with Hellkite Tyrant. I feel like a Maze's End list needs to run instants and sorceries (fog shell or spot control shell) to be viable, and that's not worth the possibility of vomiting three or four gates onto the battlefield in one turn. But as long as we're dreaming...

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

a dozen swans posted:

I feel like overloaded Cyclonic Rift is a good response for Grey Merchant or Fanatic. Curse of the Swine looks like good utility for problem creatures (since the 2/2s can then just get blocked forever), and it also hoses devotion. Dismiss Into Dream / Blustersquall seems like it might be a useful Plan B (Skygames might also be a good choice for infinite creature removal), and it gets around indestructability as a nice bonus. Shipbreaker Kraken seems like a fun one-of, and if you want to splash black Whispering Madness looks like another sideboard kill spell against Slaughter Games.

With cyclonic rift, you still have to take the devotion hit of even just one or two damage from Moogie's boy and Gary.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Korak posted:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bouncing-bounty-babies/

Not my list but pretty interesting. Could splash for red god and it would be extremely easy to get 10 activations off in a deck playing nykthos and green ramping creatures, with a 1(imposter) and 2(deputy) mana enabler.

I'd probably nix the white bit and the defender idea and have it more as a devotion ramp with primeval.

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012

kizudarake posted:

With cyclonic rift, you still have to take the devotion hit of even just one or two damage from Moogie's boy and Gary.

Oh, totally, but it could help prevent a blowout. It's also mass bounce that resets monstrous, counters and a few other things, so I think it's still worth it. Maybe just as a two-of or something, but if the deck's going to run seventy cards anyways I think it just makes sense.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

a dozen swans posted:

Oh, totally, but it could help prevent a blowout. It's also mass bounce that resets monstrous, counters and a few other things, so I think it's still worth it. Maybe just as a two-of or something, but if the deck's going to run seventy cards anyways I think it just makes sense.

I was in a rush earlier so I forgot one more change but you hit the nail on the head: having a way to bounce problem permanents. Dryad Militant and Rest in Peace are both big buzzkills. Cyclonic Rift can hit anything and can be overloaded, so it's probably best.

Dismiss Into Dream is a 7 CMC enchantment that only adds 1 devotion and needs another card to be useful, so I'd give it a pass. Also note that an overloaded Blustersquall doesn't target anything so if you thought it would be a one-sided boardwipe, it isn't. Dismiss/Zephyr Charge is an actual thing you could play, though if I went that route I'd probably drop the combo kill altogether and try to win with creatures.

Having thought about it more, I actually like the idea of adding more cards instead of swapping something out for Tome Scour/Mind Sculpt. Instead of dropping something useful for another dead draw of a mill card, instead you add more useful things and reduce the chance of drawing Psychic Spiral. I think I'd do:
+1 Nykthos
+1 Jace
+2 Prognostic Sphinx
+2 Cyclonic Rift
+2-3 Negate or Murmuring Phantasm (depending on local meta)
maybe +1 Enter the Infinite, the problem being that drawing more than 1 is just worthless.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
Cute interaction with BUG type decks in Standard right now. Horizon Chimera out and cast Read the Bones. The gain life for drawing negates the damage you take.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

kizudarake posted:

Untrue, rift in response to the come-into-play ability, not the casting of the creature.

Mulletstation
May 9, 2004

mo' mullets mo' problems
There's gotta be some sort of janky combo with shadowborn apostle and both mill creatures in the format. Let's rack our goon brains.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Mulletstation posted:

There's gotta be some sort of janky combo with shadowborn apostle and both mill creatures in the format. Let's rack our goon brains.

Slaughter games naming shadowborn apostle oh god.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I lucked into a bunch of trades and walked away with 3 copies of Purphoros and Blood Crypt, with hopefully more on the way. MURDERGOATS. :getin:

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012

TheLawinator posted:

Slaughter games naming shadowborn apostle oh god.

Slaughter Games is target opponent, but Search The City might work. Dump all the apostles, sac them for a demon, take the extra turn.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

a dozen swans posted:

Search The City might work

No, that will always be a terrible card in every format.

It was actually bugged on MTGO for a while so that even if you jumped through all the hoops to make the stupid thing trigger, you didn't actually get the extra turn. :suicide:

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

Mulletstation posted:

There's always using Sphinx of the Chimes as a draw engine, but you still need a wincon. Somehow including Underworld Cerberus could lead to some absurd things, especially with a sac outlet involved (Gnawing zombie, murder king, cauldron, barrage of expendables, etc). There are probably some Christmasland wincons with discarding to Lotleth Troll or Borborygmos, but all of these scenarios requires lots of mana across four colors.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
All you need is 4 Immortal Servitudes and some luck.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
Yeah, what about Purphoros and Immortal Servitude?

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

bhsman posted:

I lucked into a bunch of trades and walked away with 3 copies of Purphoros and Blood Crypt, with hopefully more on the way. MURDERGOATS. :getin:

I tried running MURDERGOATS! 2.5! with only three Purphori in it, and just never saw one in 8 total games. I know my shuffling's not great, but I really think it needs 4. Also, TCG has near mint ones showing for 8 bucks, so you might try running a fourth in there, even if you just proxy it a while, just for testing.

Mulletstation
May 9, 2004

mo' mullets mo' problems

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

There's always using Sphinx of the Chimes as a draw engine, but you still need a wincon. Somehow including Underworld Cerberus could lead to some absurd things, especially with a sac outlet involved (Gnawing zombie, murder king, cauldron, barrage of expendables, etc). There are probably some Christmasland wincons with discarding to Lotleth Troll or Borborygmos, but all of these scenarios requires lots of mana across four colors.

Reanimated sphinx that can dump the deck full of apostles that then immortal servitudes with purphoros out. Xmas indeed.

Seeing 0% combo on http://www.mtgtop8.com/format?f=ST is just upsetting in some weird way.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

Mulletstation posted:

Reanimated sphinx that can dump the deck full of apostles that then immortal servitudes with purphoros out. Xmas indeed.

Seeing 0% combo on http://www.mtgtop8.com/format?f=ST is just upsetting in some weird way.

Now that You mention servitude, you don't even need a Purphporos out, you just need to draw Mogis' Marauder with enough mana post- servitude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
So I've not been doing too well with this Orzhov Midrange:

Deck: Orzhov Midrange 03/11/13

//Creatures
3 Obzedat, Ghost Council
1 Blood Baron of Vizkopa
4 Desecration Demon
4 Precinct Captain
4 Soldier of the Pantheon
2 Sin Collector

//Artifacts and Enchantments
1 Whip of Erebos

//Planeswalkers
1 Elspeth, Sun's Champion

//Spells
3 Read the Bones
4 Hero's Downfall
4 Doom Blade
4 Thoughtseize

//Land
4 Godless Shrine
4 Temple of Silence
4 Orzhov Guildgate
6 Swamp
7 Plains

//Sideboard
2 Blind Obedience
2 Fiendslayer Paladin
1 Devour Flesh
2 Lifebane Zombie
1 Ratchet Bomb
1 Erebos, God of the Dead
1 Blood Baron of Vizkopa
2 Sin Collector
2 Merciless Eviction
1 Underworld Connections

Display deck statistics

I regularly have really bad matches against RG. Maybe I was unlucky with my Downfalls and Thoughtseizes, but their planeswalkers are a big problem. Should maybe bring back Ratchet Bomb in the side so I can clear tokens ahead of a Desecration Demon swing. I feel Blood Baron should come out after sideboarding, since they have Mizzium Mortars, but I think I need a real alternative game winner in his place. Could try Sickness in the Ranks but they may well be able to remove it.

Considering going into a third colour and being able to take Dreadbore or Abrupt Decay/Putrification. Unfortunatly have a big cash standard event next Sunday, would really like to be able to bring my best game.

• Locked thread