Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Anyone have a moment to help me evolve my Haunter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Anyone have a moment to help me evolve my Haunter?
Sure. One sec while I grab my code.

Edit 0619-4393-7810

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

The Leper Colon V posted:

Sure. One sec while I grab my code.

Give me two minutes. Also, my code is in the trading thread.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

So I just realized Togekiss fills two very convenient type gaps on my team (Flying/Fairy) and he seems like an all around good 'Mon. Can someone recommend a good moveset/nature for him? It seems he's got a wealth of options like Heal Bell, Wish, and Serene Grace makes things like Air Cutter seem really broken. Most of my team is sweepery but I really love Steel types so it'd probably be best to have someone who is immune to Ground and can use Flying type attacks.

Also, would Fire Fang be better than Flamethrower for a Naive Bagon invested 100% in attack? He has perfect IVs in both Attack and Special Attack so I'm not sure. He also knows Dragon Dance.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Is the common spread for Gengar 252 Speed/252 SpA/6 ??? and then Shadow Ball/Dream Eater/Hypnosis/Dark Pulse?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

noirstronaut posted:

Is the common spread for Gengar 252 Speed/252 SpA/6 ??? and then Shadow Ball/Dream Eater/Hypnosis/Dark Pulse?
...Why would you use Hypnosis/Dream Eater? Dream Eater wasn't even good when Psychic was OP.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

...Why would you use Hypnosis/Dream Eater? Dream Eater wasn't even good when Psychic was OP.

I dunno. I'm just looking at the moveset and it seems like a decent move. Paired with Hypnosis, it lets me get some HP, keeps the opposing Poke asleep, and let's me body.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
I think I am coming up to Yveltal.

I heard that since you can't breed legendaries, you will want to get the best stats and nature for them if you can.

Can anyone tell me where I can get that?

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

noirstronaut posted:

I dunno. I'm just looking at the moveset and it seems like a decent move. Paired with Hypnosis, it lets me get some HP, keeps the opposing Poke asleep, and let's me body.

Well the thing is that Gengar isn't really sturdy enough to get away with that. It's pretty fragile.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Colon, did you want that Graveller evolved?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

FauxGateau posted:

Well the thing is that Gengar isn't really sturdy enough to get away with that. It's pretty fragile.

Hmm; didn't consider his poor defense. What's a stocky Poke to use that can put something to sleep and then cause some harm elsewhere (and while the Poke is asleep)?

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

noirstronaut posted:

On four out of ten occasions, Hypnosis will miss and Gengar will get torn a new one. On the remaining six, they'll switch out next turn, so you'll almost never get a chance to use Dream Eater.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Colon, did you want that Graveller evolved?
Eh. Just figured I should do it while we're there, for 'dex completion. Don't worry about it.

What I do want to know is why you can buy Soda Pop by the dozen, but not the Lumi-whatever Full Heal thing. :colbert:

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

Dragon resists Electric, Tyrantrum learns Earthquake. :eng101:

My experience with Tyrantrum so far is that someone's answer to "is he good" is the same as their answer to "did you give him an Assault Vest".

Point taken. The problem is that for some reason I keep running up against electric types with Fighting moves.

Or, you know, Hamster Pikachu.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Eh. Just figured I should do it while we're there, for 'dex completion. Don't worry about it.

What I do want to know is why you can buy Soda Pop by the dozen, but not the Lumi-whatever Full Heal thing. :colbert:

Because you'll be able to in the next game, even in winter :v: I'm making a reference to Casteliacones, in case it wasn't clear

E: Colon, your PR video is almost like mine, only with the pokemon and trainer switched.

BearDrivingTruck fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Nov 10, 2013

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

BearDrivingTruck posted:

E: Colon, your PR video is almost like mine, only with the pokemon and trainer switched.
Thanks for reminding me, I need to change it slightly.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

So I just realized Togekiss fills two very convenient type gaps on my team (Flying/Fairy) and he seems like an all around good 'Mon. Can someone recommend a good moveset/nature for him? It seems he's got a wealth of options like Heal Bell, Wish, and Serene Grace makes things like Air Cutter seem really broken. Most of my team is sweepery but I really love Steel types so it'd probably be best to have someone who is immune to Ground and can use Flying type attacks.

Also, would Fire Fang be better than Flamethrower for a Naive Bagon invested 100% in attack? He has perfect IVs in both Attack and Special Attack so I'm not sure. He also knows Dragon Dance.

You can either use an unkillable support Togekiss with Wish / Protect / Dazzling Gleam / Flamethrower or Heal Bell with Bold and Hp/Defense investment, or be a complete rear end in a top hat and use Thunder Wave / Air Slash and make people throw their 3DS through a window. It also has Nasty Plot to try to sweep, but it's pretty slow before it Thunder Waves something and it's like the only Fairy type with the bulk and movepool to really take advantage of Fairy's set of resistances. For Bagon, Fire Blast is always the best fire move it can use because it shuts down every relevant steel type even with minimal investment.

I am Reverend fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Nov 10, 2013

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Thanks for reminding me, I need to change it slightly.

Actually, same here. Suzu's a Frogadier now, and nearly a Greninja.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
I'm starting to think about making a "competitive" team and it would be my first. Originally I wanted to make a 2v2 gimmick team sort of like what Wolfey does but then I decided that it would be easier to do a singles team. There are going to be some things missing as far as EVs and hold items go because I have no clue.

Scoliopede
Adamant, Speed Boost
Megahorn
Spikes
Protect
Baton Pass

Venasaur @Big Root
Timid, Overgrow
Giga Drain
Sludge Bomb
Substitute
Leech Seed

Lapras @Leftovers
Modest, Water Absorb
Ice Beam
Surf
Thunderbolt
Roar

Gengar @Black Sludge
Timid, Levitate
Shadow Ball
Dazzling Gleam
Will o Wisp
Disable

Excadrill
Jolly, Mold Breaker
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Rapid Spin
Protect

Malamar
Jolly, Contrary
Superpower
Foul Play
Psycho Cut
Taunt

I'm missing my last Pokemon and I have 3 poison types which I think might be a strong weakness. I probably need to replace Lapras with something that has less weakness and is easier at being bulky. Please help, especially with where I should put EVs and what my Pokemon should hold.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Strange Quark posted:

A good visual representation of the post-game:

(source)

She dropped one! :ohdear:

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

So I'm doing a fresh do-over and thinking of Wonder Trading my starter to go crazy. Bad idea or Worst Idea?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Yestermoment posted:

So I'm doing a fresh do-over and thinking of Wonder Trading my starter to go crazy. Bad idea or Worst Idea?

Doesn't really matter, in my opinion. I have about three of every X/Y available starter from Wonder Trading.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Alright guys, I've gotta Weavile, an Absol, and a Malamar. Team :nitecrew: is ready for business.

Immer
Aug 11, 2009

It's what they were born for.
They serve no other purpose in life.
Keep doing what you're doing.

Bruceski posted:

She dropped one! :ohdear:

Nah, the parents just don't like each other very much.

(Come on Ditto and Rotom :argh:)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Livingtrope posted:

Alright guys, I've gotta Weavile, an Absol, and a Malamar. Team :nitecrew: is ready for business.

:nitecrew:
:yosbutt:

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Wonder traded the frog and got myself a Noibat. :sbahj:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'm getting unreasonably mad at my Pinsir. I haven't had a breeding project less cooperative than this one. I can't even get them to inherit one loving speed IV. Of course when I finally get one that does it has the wrong goddamn ability.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I just Wonder Traded for an adamant Dratini, but it doesn't have any red or blue stats. What gives?

MECHARL WINSLOW
Mar 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Had a shiny geodude in a horde. The others used magnitude and killed it...

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

I just Wonder Traded for an adamant Dratini, but it doesn't have any red or blue stats. What gives?

There are five natures that raise and lower the same stat, and are therefore neutral.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lizard Wizard posted:

It has a neutral nature. The boost and deficiency are in the same stat, so they cancel each other out.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Strange Quark posted:

It has a neutral nature. The boost and deficiency are in the same stat, so they cancel each other out.

That's not what Bulbapedia says. :confused:

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Lizard Wizard posted:

Yes it is. What is the nature?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lizard Wizard posted:

Are you sure it's Adamant?

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

Either its nature is Adamant and you're wrong about there not being red on Attack and blue on Special Attack, or it has a neutral nature and you're wrong about the nature being Adamant. Which is it?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Strange Quark posted:

LAY-ZX posted:

There are five natures that raise and lower the same stat, and are therefore neutral.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Pretty sure they know that. Only thing I can think of aside from a bug is misreading Adamant, but I'm not sure how that could happen with Docile, Bashful, Serious, Hardy and Quirky.

Edit: Beaten, badly.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Onean posted:

Pretty sure they know that. Only thing I can think of aside from a bug is misreading Adamant, but I'm not sure how that could happen with Docile, Bashful, Serious, Hardy and Quirky.

Turns out it's Serious. I'm smart I swear. :downs:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

MECHARL WINSLOW posted:

Had a shiny geodude in a horde. The others used magnitude and killed it...

That's a nightmare come to life, drat.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Improbable Lobster posted:

Tragedy on an untold Richter Scale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MECHARL WINSLOW
Mar 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Improbable Lobster posted:

Luckily, I just got on GTS and someone had a shiny Geodude for an Aurorus, so I snatched that up quick. I didn't get to nickname it, but at least I got it.

• Locked thread