Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yegor
Dec 21, 2007
In Gypsytown there are two rules. Number one: stay in car.
I've decided to build a commander deck to use on MTGO, but before I buy all the cards I wanted to see if anyone here could give any insight. It's a gimmick deck based solely around one drop creatures.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/one-mana-wonder-crew/

There are some cards I know would help the deck such as Reveillark and Ranger of Eos, but I'm sticking to my restriction. Other than that any helpful inclusions or exclusions would be appreciated.

Also can someone give me a link to a site that helps find cards/prices for MTGO? I don't want to be spending too much on this as it's only a side thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

Now that You mention servitude, you don't even need a Purphporos out, you just need to draw Mogis' Marauder with enough mana post- servitude.
Or drop a Gray Merchant the following turn.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

quote:

I've decided to build a commander deck to use on MTGO, but before I buy all the cards I wanted to see if anyone here could give any insight. It's a gimmick deck based solely around one drop creatures.

There are some cards I know would help the deck such as Reveillark and Ranger of Eos, but I'm sticking to my restriction. Other than that any helpful inclusions or exclusions would be appreciated.

Also can someone give me a link to a site that helps find cards/prices for MTGO? I don't want to be spending too much on this as it's only a side thing.

It's cute, but I think it'll get blown out by anything with board wipes. Which is every commander deck these days.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS

kizudarake posted:

I tried running MURDERGOATS! 2.5! with only three Purphori in it, and just never saw one in 8 total games. I know my shuffling's not great, but I really think it needs 4. Also, TCG has near mint ones showing for 8 bucks, so you might try running a fourth in there, even if you just proxy it a while, just for testing.

You can run four and never see one in a game. You can run three and have all of them in your opening hand. Hell, at FNM I ended up with one Tymaret in play and three in hand by turn five.

I've got four Purph in deck in the deck on Modo and I draw them WAY too often.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Mulletstation posted:

Reanimated sphinx that can dump the deck full of apostles that then immortal servitudes with purphoros out. Xmas indeed.

Seeing 0% combo on http://www.mtgtop8.com/format?f=ST is just upsetting in some weird way.

It shouldn't be 0%, Devotion to Green is not beatdown deck, it combo deck.

Alternate answer: Welcome to Standard with Thoughtseize, enjoy your stay.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

YeehawMcKickass posted:

You can run four and never see one in a game. You can run three and have all of them in your opening hand. Hell, at FNM I ended up with one Tymaret in play and three in hand by turn five.

I've got four Purph in deck in the deck on Modo and I draw them WAY too often.

I definitely agree with this. The times I drew an extra Purph when I had 4 far outweigh the times I don't draw one when I do with 3. It's not like Tymaret, where he's pretty likely to die at some point so having a spare isn't usually a bad thing. Not to mention if you do have Purphuros and 2 Tymarets, you can just recur Tymaret as much as you want for RRB1: Shock. Not exactly efficient, but it can be pretty hard to play against. Chump block with Tymaret, sac to get graveyard Tymaret back. The damage prevented and done adds up pretty quick.

My favorite part of this whole deck though? Using Trading Post as a Forcefield.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Trying to build a Red-Black control deck for my brother-in-law for Theros Standard. My brother-in-law wants to try Master of Cruelties as a kill condition so I wanted to figure out if it's a viable alternative to something like Stormbreath Dragon.

http://deckstats.net/decks/912/44771-red-black-control?saved=1&lng=en

Creatures - 10

4 Young Pyromancer
2 Pack Rat
2 Desecration Demon
2 Master of Cruelties

Planeswalkers - 2
2 Chandra, Pyromaster

Instants and Sorceries - 20
2 Thoughtseize
3 Read the Bones
3 Magma Jet
1 Devour Flesh
2 Mizzium Mortars
3 Hero's Downfall
2 Dreadbore
1 Rakdos's Return
3 Anger of the Gods

Artifacts - 2
1 Rakdos Keyrune
1 Whip of Erebos

Lands - 26
4 Blood Crypt
1 Mutavault
1 Rogue's Passage
3 Rakdos Guildgate
9 Swamp
8 Mountain

Sideboard
3 Lifebane Zombie
2 Pharika's Cure
2 Thoughtseize
2 Slaughter Games
2 Pithing Needle
1 Anger of the Gods
1 Rakdos's Return

Young Pyromancer's great for gumming up the field in the early game and works well with the 20 instants and sorceries in the deck. Desecration Demon's a great strong creature that survives Anger of the Gods and is a ridiculous beater, the 1 of Whip is for the purposes of life gain and stabilization (and the possibility of a quick hit with Master of Cruelties). Chandra and Read the Bones let the deck go up on cards, and Thoughtseize and Rakdos's Return are a house against any control deck.

From playtesting I can see the deck's just stone dead to Assemble the Legion. Are there any workarounds for that for anyone playing a similar deck? Any cards that I'm overlooking that are worth consideration?

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

Trying to build a Red-Black control deck for my brother-in-law for Theros Standard. My brother-in-law wants to try Master of Cruelties as a kill condition so I wanted to figure out if it's a viable alternative to something like Stormbreath Dragon.

Creatures - 10

4 Young Pyromancer
2 Pack Rat
2 Desecration Demon
2 Master of Cruelties

Planeswalkers - 2
2 Chandra, Pyromaster

2 Thoughtseize
3 Read the Bones
3 Magma Jet
1 Devour Flesh
2 Mizzium Mortars
3 Hero's Downfall
2 Dreadbore
1 Rakdos's Return
3 Anger of the Gods

Artifacts - 2
1 Rakdos Keyrune
1 Whip of Erebos

Lands - 26
4 Blood Crypt
1 Mutavault
1 Rogue's Passage
3 Rakdos Guildgate
9 Swamp
8 Mountain

Sideboard
3 Lifebane Zombie
2 Pharika's Cure
2 Thoughtseize
2 Slaughter Games
2 Pithing Needle
1 Anger of the Gods
1 Rakdos's Return

Young Pyromancer's great for gumming up the field in the early game and works well with the 20 instants and sorceries in the deck. Desecration Demon's a great strong creature that survives Anger of the Gods and is a ridiculous beater, the 1 of Whip is for the purposes of life gain and stabilization (and the possibility of a quick hit with Master of Cruelties). Chandra and Read the Bones let the deck go up on cards, and Thoughtseize and Rakdos's Return are a house against any control deck.

From playtesting I can see the deck's just stone dead to Assemble the Legion. Are there any workarounds for that for anyone playing a similar deck? Any cards that I'm overlooking that are worth consideration?

Prowler's helm would be neat, and could steal some games with master.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Creatures - 10

4 Young Pyromancer
2 Pack Rat
2 Desecration Demon
2 Master of Cruelties

Planeswalkers - 2
2 Chandra, Pyromaster

2 Thoughtseize
3 Read the Bones
3 Magma Jet
1 Devour Flesh
2 Mizzium Mortars
3 Hero's Downfall
2 Dreadbore
1 Rakdos's Return
3 Anger of the Gods

Artifacts - 2
1 Rakdos Keyrune
1 Whip of Erebos

Lands - 26
4 Blood Crypt
1 Mutavault
1 Rogue's Passage
3 Rakdos Guildgate
9 Swamp
8 Mountain

Sideboard
3 Lifebane Zombie
2 Pharika's Cure
2 Thoughtseize
2 Slaughter Games
2 Pithing Needle
1 Anger of the Gods
1 Rakdos's Return

Illness in the Ranks kills off the soldiers, even though your Rats may be weaker, it's still a solution.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Young Pyromancer is really only good at drawing out removal since he's an Extreme Prejudice threat as soon as he hits the table.

At least that's how it is in my local meta. If you can somehow manage to get him to produce more than 1 or 2 tokens then good on you. :)

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Elephant Ambush posted:

Young Pyromancer is really only good at drawing out removal since he's an Extreme Prejudice threat as soon as he hits the table.

At least that's how it is in my local meta. If you can somehow manage to get him to produce more than 1 or 2 tokens then good on you. :)

When I play MURDERGOATS!, I generally don't even play the Pyromancers until Purphuros is down or until I can at least throw out a few Shocks in response to them Shock/Doom Blading her. It seems pointless to waste one of the best cards in that deck on one of their kill spells. I average like 1/2 an elemental per Pyromancer if play it turn 2 and hope to use it on turn 3.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Yegor posted:

Yeah, it's a cool idea but way too weak to the large amount of mass removal floating around the format. Straight aggro in general doesn't work in EDH, when you have multiple players to kill and everyone starts at 40 life (and I say this as someone who like aggro in general). You're going to run into a lot of games where you empty your hand early on and spend the rest of the game in topdeck mode as soon as someone drops a Wrath or Oblivion Stone. If you really want it to work, drop the creature count a bit and get more protection and/or recursion in there.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Nov 10, 2013

Yegor
Dec 21, 2007
In Gypsytown there are two rules. Number one: stay in car.

C-Euro posted:

Yeah, it's a cool idea but way too weak to the large amount of mass removal floating around the format. Straight aggro in general doesn't work in EDH, when you multiple players to kill and everyone starts at 40 life (and I say this as someone who like aggro in general). You're going to run into a lot of games where you empty your hand early on and spend the rest of the game in topdeck mode as soon as someone drops a Wrath or Oblivion Stone. If you really want it to work, drop the creature count a bit and get more protection and/or recursion in there.

Yeah I figured as much. I tend to put more thought into what would be fun before what would be effective. Like I said I have none of this built yet so no loss. Another idea of mine was to have a deck that forced attacks and punished attacks with stuff like Goblin Diplomats and Lightmine Field. America colors I think would be ideal. Think it'd be an okay deck?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Yegor posted:

Yeah I figured as much. I tend to put more thought into what would be fun before what would be effective. Like I said I have none of this built yet so no loss. Another idea of mine was to have a deck that forced attacks and punished attacks with stuff like Goblin Diplomats and Lightmine Field. America colors I think would be ideal. Think it'd be an okay deck?

I'm pretty sure most of the force to attack effects are black, so you might want BRW instead of America. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Nettling Imp, but there's definitely more.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

suicidesteve posted:

I definitely agree with this. The times I drew an extra Purph when I had 4 far outweigh the times I don't draw one when I do with 3. It's not like Tymaret, where he's pretty likely to die at some point so having a spare isn't usually a bad thing. Not to mention if you do have Purphuros and 2 Tymarets, you can just recur Tymaret as much as you want for RRB1: Shock. Not exactly efficient, but it can be pretty hard to play against. Chump block with Tymaret, sac to get graveyard Tymaret back. The damage prevented and done adds up pretty quick.

My favorite part of this whole deck though? Using Trading Post as a Forcefield.

I'm thinking about, as a test for how I shuffle, switching purphoros, tymaret, and young pyromancer's sleeves for a different color, just to see how bad I am at mash shuffling. I really don't think I should be having as much trouble as I am with my guys, even though I'm playing with cardboard, and you guys, at least some of you, are in person.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

Now that You mention servitude, you don't even need a Purphporos out, you just need to draw Mogis' Marauder with enough mana post- servitude.

Initial list for this goofy mess:

Core:
20 Shadowborn Apostle
4 Sphinx of the Chimes
2 Immortal Servitude
2 Mogis's Marauder

Flex slots:
4 Thoughtseize
3 Pack Rat
1 Removal Spell (I like Far//Away)

Lands:
4 Watery Grave
4 Temple of Deceit
11 Swamp
3 Island

Potential SB Cards:
Swan Song
Sire of Insanity
Nighthowler
Xathrid Necromancer

The deck just wants to do nothing but thoughtseize and mess around with pack rat until t6, when it drops sphinx, followed by a t7 land drop and kill. The apostles can chump lots, but I'm not sure it's any good still. I don't really want any less than 1/3 of the deck to be Apostles. Deck would have the problem of having lots of hands it wants to mulligans coupled with mulliganing pretty badly since it wants a full-ish hand for safer goings-offs on t7. Still, looks fun as hell. I was tempted to put thoughtseize in the "core" section, because it really does have to be there for protection's sake since apostles make your last slots really tight. You might be able to to go 2 pack rats for a second removal spell, or you could go all in on either rats or removal. SB choices give us Swan Song for protection (we really don't care about the swan and we want the cheapest counter we can get so it won't slow us down much), a Sire of Insanity to cheat in with Apostles either more traditionally or post-drawing lots in case you don't draw one of the finishing spells (maybe maindeckable?) Nighthowler as and alternate wincon that costs one more but beats Jace AoT, and Xathrid Necromancer for a wincon that beats Supreme Verdict.

Oldsrocket_27 fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Nov 10, 2013

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

Prowler's helm would be neat, and could steal some games with master.

I would actually splash Blue for counterspells and Aqueous Form. Or probably just primary U/B and splash R for Master of Cruelties.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
So after getting some key pieces for MURDERGOATS, I decided to update my old list, now seen here. The sideboard isn't settled, as seen by the four Shocks. I'm debating whether to run with them or the Lightning Strikes, and I know the thread had a discussion about it that I'm looking for now. Have opinions changed, though?

EDIT: I went with 4 mainboard Slaughter Games, but that may go to the sideboard until I know what the meta is like; if there's enough aggro, I'll make the move permanent.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Yegor posted:

That might be a good second half of a Voltron deck (attack with one creature that's stacked to hell and back with Auras and Equipment), so that you can dodge the effects of some of those cards that punish attackers. I don't know if BRW is the right colors for that though.

E: And it's not that aggro with tiny creatures isn't viable in EDH, it's just that it usually involves an infinite combo with something like Krenko (which I've seen) or Marrow-Gnawer (haven't seen but would love to see a decklist, if someone has one). So you don't need stuff like Glorious Anthem when you can make a million tokens :v:

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Nov 11, 2013

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

So I was challenged with making a Search the City deck. I was told if I could win 2-x games with it at FNM, I'd get something special.

Deck: Search with Lightning

//Lands
8 Island
12 Mountain
4 Steam Vents

//Spells
4 Elixir of Immortality
4 Izzet Charm
4 Lightning Strike
4 Magma Jet
4 Mizzium Mortars
4 Possibility Storm
4 Search the City
4 Shock
4 Turn // Burn

Display deck statistics

All of the early burn to help keep the board clear and do some damage to my opponent. Turn five, resolve Search the City. Turn six, hopefully resolve Possibility Storms. COMBO

1. Play a card you exiled with StC. Triggers StC to get that card back to your hand because you cast it.
2. Casted card gets exiled. Search your deck for the next card that shares a type with it.
3. Cast the new card for free. If its a card you exiled with StC, you trigger StC again. :unsmigghh:

Possibility Storm tends to wreck control because if they counter a spell with it out, they might not draw another counter spell. And if they reveal a Sphinx's Revelation, it resolves for 0.
Elixir of Immortality is in there to help against any damage I take early on and to recursion all those burn spells I played in the early game. That way StC doesn't exile two shocks and I have two shocks in the graveyard from earlier in the game.

Glaring weaknesses: StC can be bounced and I'll lose the cards I exiled with it. I have no card draw. Outside of Quicken and Divination for early draw, I have no idea what could go in, so I'm really relying on Izzet Charm for that.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Deckit posted:

So I was challenged with making a Search the City deck. I was told if I could win 2-x games with it at FNM, I'd get something special.

1. Play a card you exiled with StC. Triggers StC to get that card back to your hand because you cast it.
2. Casted card gets exiled. Search your deck for the next card that shares a type with it.
3. Cast the new card for free. If its a card you exiled with StC, you trigger StC again. :unsmigghh:

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
Well that certainly is silly. I like it.
Seems like Divination and the other instant card draw spell (I'm pretty sure there's a 4 CMC draw 2 or 3 instant?) would be helpful here. Omenspeaker for early setup/blocking, Frostburn for the same reason. Prognostic Sphinx is probably contrary to the point of the deck, but would definitely help with setting up for the Search. Ral Zarek is out there too.

Sideboard probably Ratchet Bombs, Pithing Needles, and idunno. Maybe Dissolve for against control?

Another glaring weakness: once you get that extra turn, how do you win?

suicidesteve fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Nov 11, 2013

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

suicidesteve posted:

Well that certainly is silly. I like it.
Seems like Divination and the other instant card draw spell (I'm pretty sure there's a 4 CMC draw 2 or 3 instant?) would be helpful here. Omenspeaker for early setup/blocking, Frostburn for the same reason. Prognostic Sphinx is probably contrary to the point of the deck, but would definitely help with setting up for the Search. Ral Zarek is out there too.

Sideboard probably Ratchet Bombs, Pithing Needles, and idunno. Maybe Dissolve for against control?

Another glaring weakness: once you get that extra turn, how do you win?

Could add in Negates in the sideboard or Dispel against control. They just don't pair well when I slap down Possibility Storm. I wanna counter his stuff but get something else instead. It'd be in purely to protect storm and city as they come down against other counter spells, I think. Or could try shocking them in response to a spell they cast and hope I get a negate. :unsmith:

I was trying very hard to not add creatures so that Possibility Storm remains consistent. I don't feel I need early blockers if I can kill everything with burn. I guess there is inspiration for 4CMC and draw 2 at instant. Might try that!

Extra turn is just icing. The win condition of the deck is to burn someone down. Though I'll really feel I won if I pop StC. :buddy:

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

Chandra might be a good fit there too. Casting spells off her +0 can put StC cards into your hand.

edit: not gonna lie, I'd be pretty terrified to play against that with my U/B heroic deck

Peepers fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Nov 11, 2013

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Deckit posted:

This is extremely gimmicky, silly, and will probably 4-0 at FNM.

I like it.

Edit: Can't wait for the inevitable Search the City, exile 3 Search the City/4 of the same card.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Keyrunes to take the deck from 3 to 5 mana turn 4?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Is Ral Zarek useful for anything at all outside of EDH?

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012

Sharzak posted:

I've seen a couple Maze's End lists running him.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Sharzak posted:

When he came out there were some interesting Legacy lists involving Stasis and Ral Zarek.

bhsman fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Nov 12, 2013

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

a dozen swans posted:

I've seen a couple Maze's End lists running him.

So, no, then.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Sharzak posted:

Not really, he's fun, there have been a few uwr lists in standard that tried to use him, but there are just better options. I mean, who needs Ral "Two Bolts" Zarek when you have FOF Jace at the same cmc?

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Does anyone have a list of all the fog effects in modern? I have an alternate RDW build depending on standard or modern, I might as well build an alternate Maze's End fog.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

kizudarake posted:

Does anyone have a list of all the fog effects in modern? I have an alternate RDW build depending on standard or modern, I might as well build an alternate Maze's End fog.

I actually was thinking the same thing for the same reason.

Edit
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&text=|[%22prevent%20all%20combat%20damage%22]|[%22prevent%20all%20damage%22]&type=+[%22Instant%22]&format=+[%22Modern%22]

suicidesteve fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Nov 12, 2013

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
The url's broken.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

kizudarake posted:

The url's broken.

Yeah, the url tag doesn't seem to like it. Just copy and paste the whole thing.

Edit: or not. I don't know why posting the link makes it stop working.

Well for some reason it's adding the URL tag automatically, but in the wrong place. Just copy/paste and take out the [url][/url] and you should be good.

suicidesteve fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Nov 12, 2013

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Where do selenya-populate (casual) type decks fit on the deck-type scale? Is it combo?

I'm trying to figure out what my mana curve should be in that case.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

suicidesteve posted:

Yeah, the url tag doesn't seem to like it. Just copy and paste the whole thing.

Edit: or not. I don't know why posting the link makes it stop working.

Well for some reason it's adding the URL tag automatically, but in the wrong place. Just copy/paste and take out the [url][/url] and you should be good.

Can you email it to me? Copy/paste doesn't like it either on an iPad. It's my username at gmail.com

Augmentropy
May 26, 2013
I've been getting familiar with M:tG through the newest Duels of the Planeswalkers game. I especially like how the prebuilt Sylvan Might (Green elf) deck plays in it and I would like to create a deck like it for casual play/continuing to learn the game.

The deck's concept is fairly simple. I'm not sure whether I'd place it in any of the standard archetypes but the general idea is to gain life (Essence Warden, Wellwisher)/pump up creatures (Timberwatch Elf, Heedless One, Immaculate Magistrate) at an ever accelerating rate simply by putting elves on the board. Nothing really fancy here, I'm sure that certain decks would have a field day with it but I'm not looking to attempt anything more complicated than a straightforward beginner's deck for now.

One thing I'm curious about is whether I've got my curve right, that's the main reason why I have x number of [given creature] in the deck at this time. Any advice in that area specifically would be great.

Deck: Sylvan Might 0.2 [10/8/13]

//Lands
24 Forest

//Spells
4 Lead the Stampede

//Creatures
4 Ambush Commander
4 Elvish Branchbender
3 Essence Warden
3 Heedless One
3 Immaculate Magistrate
3 Joraga Warcaller
4 Nissa's Chosen
4 Timberwatch Elf
4 Wellwisher

//Sideboard (the x1 of each card doesn't really mean anything, I've been using the sideboard more as a means to remember certain cards than to strategize with them per se)
1 Llanowar Elves
1 Taunting Elf
1 Sylvan Messenger
1 Elvish Warrior

Display deck statistics

Augmentropy fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Nov 12, 2013

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Ral Zarek interacts pretty well with izzet staticaster and ratchet bomb but that's about it.

Edit: I guess he'd work well with nykthos too, but I don't know what deck would want that....

Rug control, big ol' clan defiance to win?

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

So the Possibility Storm and Search the City deck didn't work out well. I play tested it a lot but it just didn't have the recursion or burn to handle creatures and an opponents life total. I'm tabling the idea for now. Maybe the other sets will add something to it that its missing.

I decided to try a U/W Search the City deck with a bunch of extra Azorius cards the girlfriend and I have accumulated. It started off with Daxos, Sphinx and Sweepers, Elixir of Immortality, Detention Spheres and Search the City. The deck would do fantastically until I played Search the City, where it would snag something I needed to survive for the next few turns against aggro. Or a card in my hand would get thoughteized out of my hand before I could play it and pop Search the City. After about 20-25 games yesterday, I didn't pop Search the City once. Tabling the idea while I indulge my inner rear end in a top hat.

Came up with a U/W after taking out Search the City components from it.

Deck: Cleansing

//Lands
4 Hallowed Fountain
11 Island
10 Plains

//Spells
4 Azorius Charm
2 Debtor's Pulpit
4 Detention Sphere
4 Disperse
2 Planar Cleansing
3 Quicken
4 Sphinx's Revelation
4 Supreme Verdict

//Creatures
1 Angel of Serenity
4 Daxos of Meletis
1 Medomai the Ageless
1 Thassa, God of the Sea
1 Heliod, God of the Sun

Display deck statistics

Couldn't find a way to deal with Planeswalkers and Gods outside of D. Sphere. So I added Planar Cleansing! Clears creatures, planeswalkers and enchantments. Disperse and D. Sphere feel really good together. I'd routinely bounce it back after removing early creatures (Say two Burning Tree Shamans), give those back to the player then Planar Cleanse everything away. D. Sphere a legendary, having the opponent play another then bouncing my D. Sphere to let the legendary rule do work felt good too. Then re-D. Sphere. :unsmigghh:

The gods survive Cleansing. I rarely get Thassa activated but her scry and unblockable are fantastic. Heliod giving me a mid and late game dump is nice as well. Debtor's Pulpit works well to stop Aetherling and Mistcutter Hydra, though I've had to Cleanse a few away. I might replace them with something else or sideboard them away. I love Daxos and Angel of Serenity. :allears:

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated! I generally don't play white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Deckit posted:

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated! I generally don't play white.
Running singleton anything and Search the City seems foolhardy

• Locked thread