Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

JackRabbitStorm posted:

In todays episode of it came from imgur

You guys all missed the best part!

Decorative Masonry
It's even on topic for the theme of the truck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Preoptopus posted:

I mean some 26 MILLION Russians died fighting the Nazis back into submission but yea, it was the winter that won.

I'd consider that a victory for the Nazis. :godwin:

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I wonder if GBS bleeding everywhere is an intended consequence of GBS 2.1 or not

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

rscott posted:

I wonder if GBS bleeding everywhere is an intended consequence of GBS 2.1 or not

Octopus Magic was here before the purging.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Usually railroad crossing only have the gate drop across the side of the road that people drive on. There shouldn't have been one behind the track in that lane for the very reason shown in the gif.

They put gates on both sides of the road in both directions to prevent people from just driving around the one that's closed in their lane. The gif shows a double track crossing, hence the second set of tracks in the background. That's why we can't see the two sets of arms behind the driver. He almost definitely tried to beat the arms and got stuck by the second set. In that case, he's an idiot and deserved what he got.

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

JackRabbitStorm posted:

In todays episode of it came from imgur

Upper left, in front of the eagle.... is that Jack Bauer?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Godholio posted:

That looks infinitely better (still not my thing, and those wheels are poo poo), but the cost is probably about the same as building a retromod C1 anyway.

Those are factory wheels (still awful.)

There's also a '67 replica version:
http://www.67c5.com/

And don't forget the Nomad version of that '53 kit:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Darchangel posted:

And don't forget the Nomad version of that '53 kit:

I, I think I'd drive that.

It's just so absurd.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
The 67 would be cool if they dropped all the chrome off and painted it like a matte refrigerator white

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

They need to offer a non-retro styled version of that Nomad hatch to turn any C5/6 into a shooting brake.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

DropShadow posted:

They need to offer a non-retro styled version of that Nomad hatch to turn any C5/6 into a shooting brake.
God, this.
I'd actually consider a shooting brake 'vette.

When I was a kid, I read in Road & Car (& Track & Driver) about a company in Germany that built a few of these.

and these.

And I wanted to drive one everywhere.
Funny thing, they were 4mph faster than stock.
Weird the little details that stick (or don't) in your brain over the years. I remember how much faster they were, but I don't remember who the builder was.

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Nov 9, 2013

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

The problem with all the vette retromods is that the styling of the original cars is based around a very upright, almost vertical wraparound windshield. I could deal with the unusual proportions, but having the super-raked modern a-pillar just kills the whole thing.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Fucknag posted:

The problem with all the vette retromods is that the styling of the original cars is based around a very upright, almost vertical wraparound windshield. I could deal with the unusual proportions, but having the super-raked modern a-pillar just kills the whole thing.
It would be a Will.i.am level of work, but the A-pillar from a Mini Cooper would look just about right. Have to get custom glazing, though, since the 'vette is several inches wider at that point, I think. And don't loving have a rollover, m'kay?

e: Thinking on it more, and looking at the doors and A pillars and whatnot on that red one, it might be almost as interesting, and just as terrible, to carve apart an "old" ('03ish) Mini and reassemble the pieces in a '53 vette style. Now that would be a project worthy of this thread.

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Nov 9, 2013

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Usually railroad crossing only have the gate drop across the side of the road that people drive on. There shouldn't have been one behind the track in that lane for the very reason shown in the gif.

The newer signaled crossings I see are like what you're talking about. Older ones often have them on both sides.

Also, that doesn't appear to be a US crossing anyway. You don't often see large passenger trains like that in the US (barring light rail and Amtrak, but that was definitely not Amtrak), and the front license plate looks very non-US.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Nov 9, 2013

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Somewhere in AI, I mentioned the Maxima "racecar" a coworker bought. I even asked if every 17 year old was this stupid.

He drove it to work today.

No inspection, no registration, and the sticker on the windshield is a sticker from his apartment complex saying it would be towed for not displaying plates. It has (now expired) temporary plates from the next county.

It was worse than I thought. Sorry for the low rez photo, I had to shoot the pic between deliveries... and he was sitting outside smoking almost every time I pulled in.

One may note the giant puddle of coolant under the car (well, if it was a better photo anyway - everything under the car was soaked in a mix of fluids). The entire engine bay is covered in coolant; the upper tank of the radiator has a large chunk missing.

The yellow tinted headlights (with a lovely HID conversion - one bulb works as long as you don't hit a bump, the other sort of flickers now and then; they're all wired to the battery with relays, no fuses of course)

The missing quarter window.

The mostly missing interior.

What you can't see from photos is the horrible knocking sound. Or pumpkin launcher exhaust. Or (3 different kinds of) "altezza" taillights. You can sort of see the mismatched hood; the trunk is another color. The shifter is almost as tall as the dash. If you stand directly in front of or behind the car, one may notice the significant ... alignment issues. Like the car being bent in the middle.

The only redeeming things: the one remaining seat is in good shape (leather). The factory Bose stereo is unmolested, and somehow sounds decent.

Did I mention he doesn't even have a license, and he's driving this on expired temporary plates, and his apartment complex is slapping it with "gently caress you, it's getting towed" stickers every few hours?

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Nov 9, 2013

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Might one enquire as to the specific measure of recompense with which he endowed the previous owner in exchange for the possession of such a fine steed?

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

some texas redneck posted:

Somewhere in AI, I mentioned the Maxima "racecar" a coworker bought. I even asked if every 17 year old was this stupid.

He drove it to work today.

No inspection, no registration, and the sticker on the windshield is a sticker from his apartment complex saying it would be towed for not displaying plates. It has (now expired) temporary plates from the next county.

It was worse than I thought. Sorry for the low rez photo, I had to shoot the pic between deliveries... and he was sitting outside smoking almost every time I pulled in.

One may note the giant puddle of coolant under the car (well, if it was a better photo anyway - everything under the car was soaked in a mix of fluids). The entire engine bay is covered in coolant; the upper tank of the radiator has a large chunk missing.

The yellow tinted headlights (with a lovely HID conversion - one bulb works as long as you don't hit a bump, the other sort of flickers now and then; they're all wired to the battery with relays, no fuses of course)

The missing quarter window.

The mostly missing interior.

What you can't see from photos is the horrible knocking sound. Or pumpkin launcher exhaust. Or (3 different kinds of) "altezza" taillights. You can sort of see the mismatched hood; the trunk is another color. The shifter is almost as tall as the dash. If you stand directly in front of or behind the car, one may notice the significant ... alignment issues. Like the car being bent in the middle.

The only redeeming things: the one remaining seat is in good shape (leather). The factory Bose stereo is unmolested, and somehow sounds decent.

Did I mention he doesn't even have a license, and he's driving this on expired temporary plates, and his apartment complex is slapping it with "gently caress you, it's getting towed" stickers every few hours?

Aw poor Maxima. Is it at least a 5 speed?

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

If (when) he gets pulled over he better be super loving nice to the cop. Texas traffic code allows a cop to take someone to jail if they have three or more simultaneous traffic offenses (IIRC the more minor moving violations don't count). No license, no insurance, and no registration? Pretty textbook jail traffic. Any one of those means an impound too of course and if the vehicle is being impounded it must be inventoried so if he has anything fun in there, welp.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Preoptopus posted:

My experience is that cars like that are never 5-speeds.

otaku69
May 18, 2003

88h88 posted:

I've always hated them for this one little niggly aesthetic. How did that design ever get off the loving drawing board?

the headlights are off of a VW beetle, only swapped left to right to fit the curve of the fenders.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

dubzee posted:

Upper left, in front of the eagle.... is that Jack Bauer?

Zoom..now enhance....flip that image and blow up the reflection on the eyeball and.......

BOOM.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

ahhh to be young again. :allears:

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Kenny Rogers posted:

God, this.
I'd actually consider a shooting brake 'vette.

When I was a kid, I read in Road & Car (& Track & Driver) about a company in Germany that built a few of these.

A part of me would love to have my S2 converted to shooting brake, the other part of me would like the back to slope down like a 928's rear.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

JP Money posted:

Zoom..now enhance....flip that image and blow up the reflection on the eyeball and.......

BOOM.

Hahahahaha holy poo poo what the christ?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Preoptopus posted:

Yeah it is.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

Popped up on my Facebook feed.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Stolen from the pirate4x4 hackjobs thread

:aaaaa: THAT DRIVERS SEAT

e: more!

I have 3 more but imgur is being a passel of retards and alternately erroring on uploading them and then telling me I already uploaded them. :argh:

kastein fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Nov 11, 2013

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That estima is legit, they're body on frame IIRC.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Slavvy posted:

That estima is legit, they're body on frame IIRC.

So's that van.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Whether or not the van is body on frame I think I would rather use a beanbag chair than a mesh lawn chair as the drivers seat, those mesh chairs leave funny imprints in my rear end.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

kastein posted:

Whether or not the van is body on frame I think I would rather use a beanbag chair than a mesh lawn chair as the drivers seat, those mesh chairs leave funny imprints in my rear end.

I prefer a folding lawn chair. Might as well live dangerously.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
He seems to not have any sort of license plate? You'd think the cops would have noticed that already.

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

BoostCreep posted:

Popped up on my Facebook feed.

That was one of my favorite vinyls on Need for Speed: Underground

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

Neptr posted:

That was one of my favorite vinyls on Need for Speed: Underground

Look closer.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

My god I fully didn't see it until you said that :aaa:

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

Throatwarbler posted:

He seems to not have any sort of license plate? You'd think the cops would have noticed that already.

No tail lights either.

It's an rv with the body stripped off it. You can see some of the plumbing still sticking up out of the floor.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

BoostCreep posted:

Look closer.

Go on then, I'll be the dumb one: all I see is a blue car, what's special?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cakefool posted:

Go on then, I'll be the dumb one: all I see is a blue car, what's special?

Tail pipe.

zoom, enhance...

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I still don't see what you're tal HOLY MOTHER OF GOD WHY DOES THAT CAR HAVE A HORSE DONG FOR AN EXHAUST PIPE

I snapped a couple of other pictures.

I... thought it had leather all around. :downs: Turns out only the mismatched back seat is leather.

My Altima's shifter would bang the surround when it had bad motor + trans mounts. Just like that Maxima appears to be doing. :v:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Nov 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Wow, a clean '89 Corvette, those are pretty rare in the UK. I wonder...

... gently caress you, whoever decided that poo poo was a good idea.