Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

noirstronaut posted:

What's uh... the point in genderless Pokes?

e: Specific genderless Pokes, that is.

Clearly it's pokemon's attempt to appeal to trans people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

_Endgame_ posted:

Yes let me make a lovely team with sand veil/bright powder chomp, sand rush excadrill, moody octillery, soul dew latios, prankser thundurus etc etc. I'm sure I would make all of the friends with this.

If you're battling someone on WiFi and want to use a specific ruleset make sure the other person knows and agrees to it. Otherwise it's anything goes, the point isn't to make friends, it's to win and a LOT of people don't care about Smogon metagames let alone actually adhere to them with their in game team. You're just coming across as a big whiny baby who got his rear end beat down. You're going to face the exact same poo poo if you head into ranked matches so better get used to it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

_Endgame_ posted:

Yes let me make a lovely team with sand veil/bright powder chomp, sand rush excadrill, moody octillery, soul dew latios, prankser thundurus etc etc. I'm sure I would make all of the friends with this.

Well you couldn't generally speaking because most of those are banned in Online poo poo or banned even in smogon's dumb rules. I'm not sure what this list of bullshit has to do with you bitching about them not playing by a rule that's not even real by Smogon standards (Note: Not talking about the Evasion thing right here!)

There's no such thing as a Status clause for anything besides Sleep, which is now a dumb rule since the sleep counter no longer resets on swap out/in.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Nov 11, 2013

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

_Endgame_ posted:

Last night Avlein was bragging about completely crippling teams with his attract spamming Klefki and everyone was laughing at it. Goons aren't adverse to running annoying as hell strategies.

I mean it sucks to lose to something like spore spam but take the loss and move on. What's the big deal?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Internet Kraken posted:

Last night Avlein was bragging about completely crippling teams with his attract spamming Klefki and everyone was laughing at it. Goons aren't adverse to running annoying as hell strategies.

I mean it sucks to lose to something like spore spam but take the loss and move on. What's the big deal?
You don't understand, losing at an internet game about fighting pretend monsters is serious business.

(Seriously, it's annoying, I get it. But it was a bit of an overdramatic reaction!)

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

The Iron Rose posted:

Clearly it's pokemon's attempt to appeal to trans people.

If they really wanted to do that we'd be allowed to crossdress :colbert:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

quiggy stardust posted:

If they really wanted to do that we'd be allowed to crossdress :colbert:

I just want an outfit that is comfy and easy to wear.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I like my outfit, but I feel like it's the only outfit I like.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

noirstronaut posted:

I like my outfit, but I feel like it's the only outfit I like.

I keep seeing crazy hats like this. Where do you get them?

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I think I've found my favorite strategy for online battles. I start out with a Speed Boost Scolipede and use Iron Defense 2-3 times and then once I'm all buffed up I Baton Pass it to a Clefable with Calm Mind, Softboiled, Moon Blast, and Stored Power. So many forfeits once I get use a couple Calm Minds. The best part is when they see me buff up and try to Toxic or Leech Seed Clefable to stall me out. It runs straight into Magic Guard :getin:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

quiggy stardust posted:

I keep seeing crazy hats like this. Where do you get them?

There's a guy at the very top of Kiloude in the end-game who asks for a colorful outfit. Wear a colorful outfit and he'll give you the hat.

noirstronaut fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Nov 11, 2013

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

noirstronaut posted:

There's a guy at the very top of Kiloude in the in-game who asks for a colorful outfit. Wear a colorful outfit and he'll give you the hat.

Also note that it's male player only. If you're playing a girl, you get an... interesting dress.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

noirstronaut posted:

There's a guy at the very top of Kiloude in the in-game who asks for a colorful outfit. Wear a colorful outfit and he'll give you the hat.

What is the requirement for a colorful outfit? I got it randomly but I don't feel like my outfit was particularly colorful.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Strange Quark posted:

Also note that it's male player only. If you're playing a girl, you get an... interesting dress.

Oh. That's a bummer :(

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

ChaosArgate posted:

What is the requirement for a colorful outfit? I got it randomly but I don't feel like my outfit was particularly colorful.

I think it's just wearing those things that have the yellow and orange pattern on them. He specifically asks for a hat and shoes, but I needed a hoodie too.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

ChaosArgate posted:

The clothing tags that are a :krad: yellow and orange count as colourful.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
Is there really no way to do Battle Maison doubles with a friend over the internet, or random doubles with a friend? Please tell me that I am actually a crazy person and Nintendo is not just being awful at the internet again.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Spamming strangers on the subway with O-Powers when you see them in your Passerby is pretty much the best feeling. At least here in NYC, I get at least a few a day.

My one problem with this game is there's basically no use for Street Pass and Play Coins don't do anything at all

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Ixjuvin posted:

Is there really no way to do Battle Maison doubles with a friend over the internet, or random doubles with a friend? Please tell me that I am actually a crazy person and Nintendo is not just being awful at the internet again.

It was indeed a thing that was completely removed.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

Ixjuvin posted:

Well at least for the Battle Maison it's impossible. I'm not positive about random doubles, but it's probably the same way.

Stalgren
Mar 22, 2006

Charizard Go!

_Endgame_ posted:

Annoying lovely strategies are why a lot of people play in the first place! But yeah there is nothing you can do about it.

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW
Klefki.

Someone explain to me why people are using Klefki and how they use it to win.

I've been in over a hundred online battles now, and every time they send out a Klefki they typically forfeit shortly afterwards.

I have a Klefki ready to be bred in my stash, but I just can't figure out why people are using it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Solartide posted:

Klefki.

I've been in over a hundred online battles now, and every time they send out a Klefki they typically forfeit shortly afterwards.

I have a Klefki ready to be bred in my stash, but I just can't figure out why people are using it.

Prankster + Swagger/T-Wave/Toxic/any number of things. It takes some game sense to use well but if you can it's a beast. Most pubbies get stomped by one and then think "Hey it's good, I'll use it!" and then fail at using it correctly. It's typing is pretty good as well, weak to only Fire and Ground IIRC. It will die to one of those but if you know what you're doing it'll take a bit to get through the RNG/Walling.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Solartide posted:

Klefki.

Klefki has Prankster and, as such, is good at being a giant rear end in a top hat.

Substitute/Thunder Wave/Swagger/Foul Play is what I've seen most often. Confuse the guy and hope for a self-hit, then Thunder Wave, hide, and kill them with their own power. If you aren't set up to take the little poo poo out, they can stay in quite awhile. I've seen Recycle in place of both TWave and Swagger. Give it a Sitrus Berry and get it back while hiding.

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW
Well that explains it. I know Prankster is the key element with Klefki, so I've been bringing in MAbsol for Magic Bounce to counter Klefki. And I never see them do anything before they forfeit.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well, even Parasect is kinda cute in Amie. Parasect. That goofy grin owns.

So at this point, I declare all Pokemon to be cute in Pokemon Amie until proven otherwise. And I intend to check every single one eventually. :3:

But how does Hitmonlee eat? Where did the cake go? The mysteries of Pokemon are truly endless.

Huge Liability
Mar 2, 2010
Speaking of Magic Bounce, I'm thinking of adding Espeon to my doubles team. I need to evolve Eevee during the day to get it - at what time does the game consider the shift from 'night' to 'morning' and vice versa? I haven't evolved an Eevee that way since Gold/Silver and I remember the mechanic being obtuse back then.

McDragon posted:

So at this point, I declare all Pokemon to be cute in Pokemon Amie until proven otherwise. And I intend to check every single one eventually. :3:

The best Amie surprise to me so far has been Metagross. He has this big, goofy mouth and likes head pats.

Huge Liability fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Nov 11, 2013

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

McDragon posted:

Cute as it may be Parasect is still the most horrifying Pokemon. The bug is a mindslave to the mushroom on it's back, then when it's done sucking the bug dry it infects the young too.

"When nothing's left to extract from the bug, the mushrooms on its back leave spores on the bug's egg."

:gonk:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Zahki posted:

Cute as it may be Parasect is still the most horrifying Pokemon. The bug is a mindslave to the mushroom on it's back, then when it's done sucking the bug dry it infects the young too.

"When nothing's left to extract from the bug, the mushrooms on its back leave spores on the bug's egg."

:gonk:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Man, some people are so boring. I've just been getting Flabebes and Skiddos from my last Wonder Trades.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Broken Cog posted:

Man, some people are so boring. I've just been getting Flabebes and Skiddos from my last Wonder Trades.

I just got an adamant Gale Wings Fletchling (max hp), a Naive Play Rough Absol, and a super sized Pumpkaboo.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I believe the day night cycle in this game is 8AM to 8PM. I just friendshipped up my guys during the night and evolved them first thing after work, works pretty well if you have trouble doing otherwise.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Broken Cog posted:

It's Ralts for me. Pretty sure half of Japan has been trying their damnedest to get a Gothdevoir because nearly every one I get is from there.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Broken Cog posted:

Is it just me or is Japan extraordinarily stingy when it comes to wonder trade?

Also I got a new shiny... it's Wingull. :smith:

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

LeafyOrb posted:

Is it just me or is Japan extraordinarily stingy when it comes to wonder trade?

The last 2 Wonder Trades I got from Japan were 4V goomys. YMMV.

Feels good to finally be sending out semi-decent pokes on Wonder Trade: 4V and 5V adamant tyrunts with all 4 elemental fangs and the strong jaw ability.

All named "ChristneSims."

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Nobody wants protean froakies anymore, its sad. I just want an ekans or fennekin for the pokedex but it seems everyone's got their fill of froakies.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Anywhere to get Bulletproof Chespins without Friend Safari?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Geostomp posted:

Anywhere to get Bulletproof Chespins without Friend Safari?

The trading thread.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Wonder Trade remains hilarious. I got a female Charmeleon from the Friend Safari, but it had Blaze. So, I Wonder Traded it for the hell of it. I got a Chespin back. Ok, sure. Starter for starter, that's fair, I guess.

Just checked the Chespin. It has Bulletproof. :v: Thank you, random Canadian guy! I didn't have one of those yet. :D

EDIT: And it has 3 maxed IVs: Attack, Sp. Def, and Speed. :stare: Must be his breeding reject. Well, I'll take it!

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Nov 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.
Dammit, I really wanted to take on the E4 for the first time with an all weasel-ish team. I have a Mienshao and Floatzel. I also have a Sneasel but I don't have the item to evolve it. Oshawott and Cyndaquil aren't available. Furret is garbage. This really eats into my options.

• Locked thread