Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Sounds like you've got a possibly corrupted ENB download. Have you tried re-downloading it again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error
Does anyone know of a blacksmithing mod that will either take out the "do you really want to make this?" part or let you select how many of an item you want to craft? It gets tedious when making arrows, housing materials, or just leveling blacksmithing.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Scyantific posted:

Sounds like you've got a possibly corrupted ENB download. Have you tried re-downloading it again?

No dice, new download didn't work either. :(

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Xoidanor posted:

No dice, new download didn't work either. :(

I am just spitballing here, but are you using the wrapper or injector version of the ENB files?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

graynull posted:

I am just spitballing here, but are you using the wrapper or injector version of the ENB files?

Wrapper since that's what both this thread and nexus instructed. :confused:

THE JORY
Jul 28, 2012

I looked for a thread about the creation kit but couldn't find it so I'll ask here in case some can help. I'm trying to make a giant follower and I followed this video and I have the giant in game. My problem is that the giant doesn't have a club/weapon and whenever I get in a fight he just kinda starts backing away. Anyone know anything I'm missing?
Edit: Nvm I got it

THE JORY fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Nov 9, 2013

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Xoidanor posted:

Wrapper since that's what both this thread and nexus instructed. :confused:

Try using the injector.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Leelee posted:

Does anyone know of a blacksmithing mod that will either take out the "do you really want to make this?" part or let you select how many of an item you want to craft? It gets tedious when making arrows, housing materials, or just leveling blacksmithing.
Get Better MessageBox Controls.

Blarfo
Jul 17, 2007
So I know this is a common question but I can't find a singularly useful answer: mouse lag fixes. I've tried the antilag file to limit FPS/render ahead limit and it fixes the mouse lag but introduces a bunch of bizarre bugs where my animations freeze up and casting doesn't work right all the time (sparks fires nothing, then when I let go it shoots all the sparks out at once etc)

Is there an actual fix or is it just "deal with it"?

I keep forgetting this is why I never beat the game every time I go back to reinstall it. :smith:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
I remember seeing a mod that had more categories for personal inventory and inventory in chests to make inventory searching easier. I can't remember the name of it.

Any ideas?

VVVVV
That's it exactly. Thanks!

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Nov 11, 2013

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Helical Nightmares posted:

I remember seeing a mod that had more categories for personal inventory and inventory in chests to make inventory searching easier. I can't remember the name of it.

Any ideas?

SkyUI?

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Blarfo posted:

So I know this is a common question but I can't find a singularly useful answer: mouse lag fixes. I've tried the antilag file to limit FPS/render ahead limit and it fixes the mouse lag but introduces a bunch of bizarre bugs where my animations freeze up and casting doesn't work right all the time (sparks fires nothing, then when I let go it shoots all the sparks out at once etc)

Is there an actual fix or is it just "deal with it"?

I keep forgetting this is why I never beat the game every time I go back to reinstall it. :smith:
For me it's always been enough to change bMouseAcceleration to 0 in SkyrimPrefs.ini

Blarfo
Jul 17, 2007

Kilroy posted:

For me it's always been enough to change bMouseAcceleration to 0 in SkyrimPrefs.ini

I tried that. It's not a LOT of lag it's just noticable. If I force vsync off it's perfect but it brings all those other vsync off issues which are worse than mouse lag.

Burns
May 10, 2008

I've updated the Unofficial patches to the new version but I can't seem to order them where each patch follows its parent esm. The hell is wrong?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Burns posted:

I've updated the Unofficial patches to the new version but I can't seem to order them where each patch follows its parent esm. The hell is wrong?
The unofficial patches have switched to a fake esm formet (esp plugin with the esm flag switched on). TES5Edit before v3.0.31, Mod Organizer before v1.0.0rc1 and WryeBash before v304.2 do not support having a fake esm in the esm group. So if you're using older version of those tool you'll need to update them.
I don't use BOSS and NMM, so I don't know as of what release those tools properly support fake esms.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

BOSS does not currently support the fake esm format of the patches. The rest of the programs do support them, but you'll need to be updated to the latest version. MO should be

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
Alright, I give up. At this point, I just really want to finish the Dawnguard DLC so I can get back to doing stuff that's actually fun. Except, I just forced myself through the horrific slog that is Blackreach, and the loving Elder Scroll in the Tower of Mzark apparently decided to just disappear instead of showing up in my inventory. I tried hacking it in via console, but that doesn't work. I just need someone to tell me what console command I need to enter to get to the next stage in the quest (talking to the moth priest), please!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

botany posted:

Alright, I give up. At this point, I just really want to finish the Dawnguard DLC so I can get back to doing stuff that's actually fun. Except, I just forced myself through the horrific slog that is Blackreach, and the loving Elder Scroll in the Tower of Mzark apparently decided to just disappear instead of showing up in my inventory. I tried hacking it in via console, but that doesn't work. I just need someone to tell me what console command I need to enter to get to the next stage in the quest (talking to the moth priest), please!

Did you do Septimus' quest and no pick up the scroll the first time around?

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

Blarfo posted:

I tried that. It's not a LOT of lag it's just noticable. If I force vsync off it's perfect but it brings all those other vsync off issues which are worse than mouse lag.

You shouldn't have any issues, related to vsync being off, if you use a frame rate limiter. ENB has one buildt in, but there are several alternatives out there.

Set the limit to 60 or below.

Also, apoligies if I'm just stating the obvious.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Hey, I finally got a chance to play Skyrim with my mods installed after I got a Dualshock 4 controller. The game is pretty awesome and nearly bug free. A few things bother me though. I can't find a way to craft cloaks with Cloaks of Skyrim installed, even though they are in the level list and NPCs are wearing them. I looted one and I am wearing that now, but I want the cool hefty bear skin cloaks.

Also, whenever I leave a dungeon back into Skyrim my FPS drops to single digits. Reloading doesn't work I have to exit the game and restart. But the FPS goes back to normal when I am in the game menu, but not when I am out of it. Also the second time it happened, closing Skyrim caused it to crash. I am using my Nvidia control panel for some AA and AF options since even with those options seemingly off the ENB wrapper would say "Detected hardware anti-aliasing, disabling some features" so I just decided to go with my earlier-mentioned option.

Have some screens. Indoors are fairly dark without proper lighting so torches are going to be a must. It felt interesting and made the dungeons feel very different when I actually have to keep an eye out for traps. It also made things lit up much more interesting. I'll need more torches.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Hm, I'm finding an issue where I can't get access to some of the misc quests in Whiterun through dialogue. Like the lady in the Bannered Mare that you beat up, the redguard who gives you the quest to get an heirloom, and the merchant who keeps getting hit on by the bard. No dialogue options come up. I have Timing is Everything and Slower Companions Progression which are my only mods that impact quests. Anyone ever run into this issue?

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Timeless Appeal posted:

Hm, I'm finding an issue where I can't get access to some of the misc quests in Whiterun through dialogue. Like the lady in the Bannered Mare that you beat up, the redguard who gives you the quest to get an heirloom, and the merchant who keeps getting hit on by the bard. No dialogue options come up. I have Timing is Everything and Slower Companions Progression which are my only mods that impact quests. Anyone ever run into this issue?
Are you using Alternate Start - Live Another Life? If so, and you're using an alternate start where you've never been to Helgen, you'll need to advance the initial quest line at least partially to get those quests.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Ularg posted:

Hey, I finally got a chance to play Skyrim with my mods installed after I got a Dualshock 4 controller. The game is pretty awesome and nearly bug free. A few things bother me though. I can't find a way to craft cloaks with Cloaks of Skyrim installed, even though they are in the level list and NPCs are wearing them. I looted one and I am wearing that now, but I want the cool hefty bear skin cloaks.

There's a book you can craft under the misc menu at tanning racks. That should enable some. I know that I couldn't craft any, but now I can make some specific cloth and burlap ones. You might need to also look under the various different crafting tabs on the forge.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Gilg posted:

Are you using Alternate Start - Live Another Life? If so, and you're using an alternate start where you've never been to Helgen, you'll need to advance the initial quest line at least partially to get those quests.
I am not, but I'll go see the greybeards and see if anything changes.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Are there any mods that give races unique clothing styles? I really liked how in Dragonborn, you could see distinct differences between Morrowind Dunmer and Skyrim Dunmer's apparel. I think it would be neat if this was applied to other races as well. Maybe give the Khajitt some more open clothes to represent their warm environment.

On the topic of clothes, has anyone noticed that Redguard Clothes on a female don't have a first person mesh for the sleeves? I've got floating Rayman hands.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

Are there any mods that give races unique clothing styles? I really liked how in Dragonborn, you could see distinct differences between Morrowind Dunmer and Skyrim Dunmer's apparel. I think it would be neat if this was applied to other races as well. Maybe give the Khajitt some more open clothes to represent their warm environment.

On the topic of clothes, has anyone noticed that Redguard Clothes on a female don't have a first person mesh for the sleeves? I've got floating Rayman hands.

Considering those Khajitt are in a rather cold environment wouldn't it be less immersive that they were wearing warm-weather outfits? I know they have fur but that only gets you so far, especially if they have higher body temps like cats do. /sperg

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error
Does CoT just give you darker interiors no matter what? I'm using their vanilla setting, but it seems very, very dark inside now?

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Scyantific posted:

BOSS does not currently support the fake esm format of the patches. The rest of the programs do support them, but you'll need to be updated to the latest version. MO should be

That's not true, it sorts them just fine as long as you actually bother to update the master list.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Magmarashi posted:

Considering those Khajitt are in a rather cold environment wouldn't it be less immersive that they were wearing warm-weather outfits? I know they have fur but that only gets you so far, especially if they have higher body temps like cats do. /sperg

They are already covered in fur, they should be totally warm and snugly.

I'm hammering out the quirks in Signature Weapons for skyrim and would like some chumps to do testing. Its Signature Weapons but with more stabbing. So far it mostly just changes weapon stats but its flexible enough to add other effects too so if anyone has ideas let me know. I should have a version to test tomorrow.

Kaebora
Jul 12, 2006

Be careful of forgetfulness. Your lucky color is...blue?

Arcsquad12 posted:

I use Cultural Diversity (here: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31985/ ) to give Khajiit more unique clothing (really, just Regal Assassin armor/clothes). It does it's job all right - I haven't really noticed the armor for the Khajiit, but they do gain a somewhat distinct look.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/46518// Fantasy Music Overhaul. Not a fan. Maybe I'm spoiled by Jeremy Soule's full orchestra sound, but moaning computer program violins and drums don't do it for me.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

Arcsquad12 posted:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/46518// Fantasy Music Overhaul. Not a fan. Maybe I'm spoiled by Jeremy Soule's full orchestra sound, but moaning computer program violins and drums don't do it for me.

Yeah, there's some okay stuff in there, but the original Skyrim music works just fine for me. That and the audio levelling isn't very good, so I had to turn the music volume to the maximum and lower everything else.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Scyantific posted:

Did you do Septimus' quest and no pick up the scroll the first time around?

Nope. I know you can do 'Discerning the Transmundane' for the main storyline, but I haven't progressed that far. (I think that's what you were asking, right?)

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Use this mod to add Morrowind and Oblivion music to Skyrim and just enjoy Soule's awesome work - skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30568/

grispy
Nov 11, 2013

by angerbeet
I can not for the life of me determine what I am doing wrong with my Skyrim install. I have never noticed much of a difference with texture mods, but always chalked it up to just never actually playing WITHOUT them installed. So when I went to do a clean install, I did a test. I clean installed and then installed the Skyrim HD 1.5 Texture Packs + Skyrim Realistic Overhaul. Here is the result:

As far as I can tell, there is no difference between the two. In fact, when I had another Skyrim player who mods look at it, he actually thought that the "after" image was the before image. I'm using Mod Organizer to install them, though I have also tried doing it completely manually to the same effect.

Any idea what the gently caress I am doing wrong? We are both at a total loss.

(Note: I play at 3600x1920 with 3 monitors in portrait on a GTX 780ti - no idea why the screenshots resolutions are 2879x1535 or whatever. That is some Steam fuckery I guess.)

grispy fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Nov 11, 2013

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Are there any mods that add a library to the game? Not a bunch of bookshelves, but a library with every book in the game? I know there are websites with all the Elder Scrolls book lore, but I think it would be cool if there was a location in the game to pour over every available book.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

grispy posted:

I can not for the life of me determine what I am doing wrong with my Skyrim install. I have never noticed much of a difference with texture mods, but always chalked it up to just never actually playing WITHOUT them installed. So when I went to do a clean install, I did a test. I clean installed and then installed the Skyrim HD 1.5 Texture Packs + Skyrim Realistic Overhaul. Here is the result:

As far as I can tell, there is no difference between the two. In fact, when I had another Skyrim player who mods look at it, he actually thought that the "after" image was the before image. I'm using Mod Organizer to install them, though I have also tried doing it completely manually to the same effect.

Any idea what the gently caress I am doing wrong? We are both at a total loss.

(Note: I play at 3600x1920 with 3 monitors in portrait on a GTX 780ti - no idea why the screenshots resolutions are 2879x1535 or whatever. That is some Steam fuckery I guess.)

Did you activate archive invalidation? If you haven't, do it, and if it's on, re-toggle it. It's under the tools icon in NMM.

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error

Arcsquad12 posted:

Are there any mods that add a library to the game? Not a bunch of bookshelves, but a library with every book in the game? I know there are websites with all the Elder Scrolls book lore, but I think it would be cool if there was a location in the game to pour over every available book.

There's the "Seaside Library" here: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/32558/

It looks like it has every book?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Leelee posted:

There's the "Seaside Library" here: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/32558/

It looks like it has every book?

Wow. I'm gonna have to check that out. No more hunting across the entire drat world hoping to find all the copies of The Argonian Account.

In other modding questions (I have a lot of these, can't you tell?) is there any way to make Climates of Tamriel less miserable? I have had over two weeks of ingame days where it has been absolutely miserable, raining all the time and overcast. Isn't there some way I could have a nice sunny day for a change?

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Nov 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I think I raved about seaside library in like three older posts in thread. It's very neat and should be in the OP.

• Locked thread