Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockybar
Sep 3, 2008

I really love this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV0s_F5hdKw and I've hunted around for similar songs but I've struggled to find the genre. All I can think of is 'piano bar' to describe it, I guess Ella Fitzgerald would be somewhat similar. I am a huge fan of Jon Brion anyway, but I just adore the gentleness and melancholy in this piece, and in particular the simplicity of piano and female singer (also I think I hear a quiet double bass in there). Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Hey guys I just discovered the ambient/psybient/psychill/dark ambient genres (and whatever other synonymous terms people use for these songs) and I really love them. Problem is, aside from a few really good playlists on Youtube I haven't been able to find things like good albums to pick up on iTunes or anything. Hopefully someone who is well-versed in these genres can give me some suggestions for either bands to follow or just individual albums.

For dark ambient the only group I listened to that was really my style was Lustmord. For normal ambient/psybient/etc. I haven't really found anyone. My super-strict rule is no vocals of any kind. None. I listen to this stuff while I'm working and walking around town but I also use it to fall asleep to on planes and trains. I'm a really light sleeper but I've found ambient/dark ambient is perfect for putting me to sleep. The catch is that human voices wake me up every single time. I absolutely cannot sleep through them. So I need songs with no vocalization whatsoever.

For some examples of stuff I like, here's some of the playlists that got me into the genre to begin with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjAynwq_1So
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpmAD4gcLMo

But even these aren't foolproof since some of the songs included in the mixes have vocalizations at some points... also Black Star by Lustmord is horrible to fall asleep to since it randomly has a monster screaming at you every few minutes that wakes me right up. Their other songs are a little better in that regard.

I guess what I'm asking for is really deep soundscapes. Instrumental stuff that just kind of makes you feel like you're slowly drifting through different planes of existence and stuff like that.

Alternatively, I also really like the music in The Mind's Eye series and would love to get some more stuff like that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhIbK6gdYqo

Help me fly away!

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
sleepresearch_facility and biosphere will be up your alley

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Thank you so much! Those fit perfectly with what I needed. Plus, when I was checking them out on Youtube I also got linked into Kammarheit which also seems to be just what I wanted. Awesome recommendations.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Getsuya posted:

Thank you so much! Those fit perfectly with what I needed. Plus, when I was checking them out on Youtube I also got linked into Kammarheit which also seems to be just what I wanted. Awesome recommendations.

There's an ambient/psybient thread in this sub forum too.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
I really like minimal electro but I have been getting into more poppy/indie sounding stuff.

This remix is a great example of what other bands/remixes I can listen to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-O-eWen9ts

Any recommendations?

bomblol
Jul 17, 2009

my first crapatar
I have this tripping playlist set up. I don't really like listening to the stereotypical psy trance or whatever, instead I prefer mostly upbeat-ish, electronic or noise tinge pop/rock. So far, it's composed of Starfucker - Reptilians, Dan Deacon - Bromst, The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, Black Moth Super Rainbow - Eating Us, Neon Indian - Psychic Chasms. (Also it has fang island and gatto fritto but I'm thinking of removing those as they don't fit much.) I know these are all sorta disparate, but any suggestions on what more I can add?

farmtrill
Feb 2, 2006

bomblol posted:

I have this tripping playlist set up. I don't really like listening to the stereotypical psy trance or whatever, instead I prefer mostly upbeat-ish, electronic or noise tinge pop/rock. So far, it's composed of Starfucker - Reptilians, Dan Deacon - Bromst, The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, Black Moth Super Rainbow - Eating Us, Neon Indian - Psychic Chasms. (Also it has fang island and gatto fritto but I'm thinking of removing those as they don't fit much.) I know these are all sorta disparate, but any suggestions on what more I can add?

terry riley - a rainbow in curved air and spiritualized - ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space are my 2 favourite albums to trip to so give them a try. ive also had good experiences with gas - pop and the 1st 2 velvet underground albums. im sure youve probably already tried the beatles.

e: i forgot spacemen 3, definitely check them out, especially the sound of confusion album

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

bomblol posted:

Bibio
Baths
Errors although they skew more towards post rock
And lastly I'll throw gently caress Buttons out there even though they're pretty drone-y and not really that similar to your other stuff. gently caress Buttons just remind me of a slower darker Dan Deacon so maybe you'll get something out of it.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

bomblol posted:

I have this tripping playlist set up. I don't really like listening to the stereotypical psy trance or whatever, instead I prefer mostly upbeat-ish, electronic or noise tinge pop/rock.

pretty sure Neon Indian listened to New Order once or twice, you might wanna try them. it seems you've got a thing for sort of kitchen-sink bands, genre-wise- some of the things they made me think of are M83, the Beta Band, the Unicorns/Islands, Super Furry Animals (Rings Around the World), and A Sunny Day in Glasgow. i think BMSR probably owes something to My Bloody Valentine, so you should check them out, and Stereolab is pretty amazing, too (Mars Audiac Quintet and Refried Ectoplasm being my preferred headphone albums).

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
I'm not sure if we have a "Where do I start with..." thread, but I'll edit this stuff out if there's a more appropriate thread.
Where do I start with Bob Dylan? I was recommended to listen to him by some friends of mine, but searching him up on Spotify has led to me be really unsure on where to begin. Should I just listen to his albums from the very start, or is there a better "order" for someone who has never listened to his music before?

Edit: The reason I was recommended him is because I'm looking for artists with great lyrics in their song, and he apparently is one of the best. I guess I could ask for more recommendations for artists with "great" lyrics too.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Stalins Moustache posted:

I'm not sure if we have a "Where do I start with..." thread, but I'll edit this stuff out if there's a more appropriate thread.
Where do I start with Bob Dylan? I was recommended to listen to him by some friends of mine, but searching him up on Spotify has led to me be really unsure on where to begin. Should I just listen to his albums from the very start, or is there a better "order" for someone who has never listened to his music before?

Edit: The reason I was recommended him is because I'm looking for artists with great lyrics in their song, and he apparently is one of the best. I guess I could ask for more recommendations for artists with "great" lyrics too.

Blonde on Blonde is probably his best-regarded work. There's also Highway 61 Revisited, Blood on the Tracks, Desire, and Bringing It All Back Home. It really depends on what kind of music you like with your lyrics.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

There is also a big contrast between "works before Bringing It All Back Home" and "works since (and including) Bringing It All Back Home." Both eras are good in pretty different ways, so I'd recommend starting with one album from before and one from after, not just one or the other.

Before: usually Bob Dylan playing guitar and harmonica and singing, all solo, as if you were seeing him play in a bar. Lyrics were generally pretty direct, either "I'm a travellin' man and I'ma keep ramblin" kind of stuff (see Down the highway), or stuff that sort of chronicles the civil rights movement and other sorts of protest movements and issues and spirits of the time (see The times they are a-changin or The lonesome death of Hattie Carroll).
From this era, my top album choice is The Times They Are A-changin, but they're all great.

After: Then he started playing with a band (actually, with The Band), and people were pissed at first but eventually realized it was good music. His lyrics got less protesty and more abstract, which I think was a letdown for a lot of politically conscious people who liked him as a protest singer. Bringing It All Back Home was the first album of that sort, but I personally prefer Highway 61 Revisited. Declan MacManus also wrote good suggestions.
IMO things trailed off in quality once you got closer to the 80s.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2761269

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Rockybar posted:

I really love this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV0s_F5hdKw and I've hunted around for similar songs but I've struggled to find the genre. All I can think of is 'piano bar' to describe it, I guess Ella Fitzgerald would be somewhat similar. I am a huge fan of Jon Brion anyway, but I just adore the gentleness and melancholy in this piece, and in particular the simplicity of piano and female singer (also I think I hear a quiet double bass in there). Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

I'd recommend Jamie Cullum. Dude is a British jazz/singer-songwriter and an incredible piano player. Check out his chill tune 'All at Sea' - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDSH0UV-8-g

'Next Year' - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe_oewXHBWE&t=143s (skipped to 2.25 for you as there's a bit of a lengthy intro)

Now he does a lot of jazz standards mixed with what I guess is a kinda pop-songwriter style too (example - his version of Rihanna's 'Don't the Stop Music' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0z1Mo7O6dE) which may be steering away a bit from what you're after, but then again you might just find the variety of it all awesome.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Recently, I listened to the album Rome by Danger Mouse and Daniele Luppi, and I really, really enjoyed it. I can't really name what the genre of it was, so I figure I'll just ask - does anybody have any album recommendations with a similar feel or sound?

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Fingerless Gloves posted:

Recently, I listened to the album Rome by Danger Mouse and Daniele Luppi, and I really, really enjoyed it. I can't really name what the genre of it was, so I figure I'll just ask - does anybody have any album recommendations with a similar feel or sound?

Hard to say...

DJ Shadow's Midnight in a Perfect World has a similar mood, in my opinion.

Check out some stuff by Angelo Badalamenti, specifically the Lost Highway soundtrack.

And maybe some cuts from from the first Handsome Boy Modeling School. But most of that album is more hip-hop oriented.

Lastly, maybe some Lovage?

I dunno - that Rome album is all over the place.

me your dad fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Nov 15, 2013

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I like the choral and melodic energy in songs like these. I recommend Blackmore's Night in general due to their medieval-folk/renaissance flair.

Blackmore's Night - Fires at Midnight
Blackmore's Night - Play Minstrel Play

With "Fires at Midnight" when the music kicks in at 2:40 you can almost feel the wind in your hair no matter what time it is. Anyone have other things to recommend that are like or similar to those two?

Related to that, I am also seeking recommendations on other songs like this:

The Delgados - The Light Before We Land

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Lunethex posted:

Related to that, I am also seeking recommendations on other songs like this:

The Delgados - The Light Before We Land

Cowboy Junkies

e: specifically, The Trinity Sessions https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOrNMDzJfzY

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

alnilam posted:

Declan MacManus also wrote good suggestions.

Speaking of this guy, what should I listen to? I'm seeing him in April, only familiar with My Aim Is True and Imperial Bedroom. What's the best thing to go to next?

also I'm really excited for the guy (lady?) about to discover Dylan

The Schwa fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Nov 20, 2013

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Gonna recommend Brutal Youth, which features "Kinder Murder", which IMO is one of the best Costello songs.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

regulargonzalez posted:

Cowboy Junkies

e: specifically, The Trinity Sessions https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOrNMDzJfzY

Thanks, that fits nicely :)

TopherCStone
Feb 27, 2013

I am very important and deserve your attention
I'm looking for some jazz that gets into funk territory. I get a hint of it in this Grover Washington Jr. piece https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Jvdy6khEmA but it's not quite funky enough. I think the bass needs to have a more prominent role.

Speaking of jazz and bass, I love this tune just because the bass is out in front and has a delicious mwah: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrQ46yM504s
I like their other material but the rest of it isn't as bass-heavy as this.

I guess in general I'm just looking for some bassy jazz. I'm familiar with Jaco Pastorius and can appreciate it, but a lot of his stuff feels too fusiony for my tastes.

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

TopherCStone posted:

I'm looking for some jazz that gets into funk territory. I get a hint of it in this Grover Washington Jr. piece https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Jvdy6khEmA but it's not quite funky enough. I think the bass needs to have a more prominent role.

Speaking of jazz and bass, I love this tune just because the bass is out in front and has a delicious mwah: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrQ46yM504s
I like their other material but the rest of it isn't as bass-heavy as this.

I guess in general I'm just looking for some bassy jazz. I'm familiar with Jaco Pastorius and can appreciate it, but a lot of his stuff feels too fusiony for my tastes.

Well luckily enough for you Jazz-Funk exists as an actual genre. A lot of it was panned at the time - especially the later 70s stuff - but that's just 'cause the reviewers just weren't cool enough. A lot of the time they'll use the phrase 'commercial' in there too. Personally half the time I'm looking at stuff more from a singles perspective, but that dancefloor angle is what I really dig. Still a lot of classic albums came out of that period, just a small list I'll recommended. Hopefully bassy enough for you:

That Herbie Hancock 'trilogy' of Headhunters, Thrust and Manchild. You can continue his whole 70s run while you're at it.

Donald Byrd had a great run in the mid-70s too, with a run of albums on Blue Note like Stepping Into Tomorrow and Places & Spaces.

Dropping a Jazz part of their name The Jazz Crusaders simply became the Crusaders and put out classic albums on Blue Thumb like Southern Comfort, Chain Reaction and Those Southern Knights. Can drop into more Fusiony type of things sometimes but still totally groovy.

Grab Lonnie Liston Smith & The Cosmic Echoes albums like the classic Expansions, Visions of a New World and Renaissance while you're at it.

Honestly I could be here all night listing off albums and artists or whatever (Ronnie Laws, Roy Ayers, Idris Muhammed, George Benson, Ramsey Lewis, way to many). For more easily digestable form though the old Mastercuts Classic Jazz-Funk compilations are great, normally all the 12" mixes of classic, classic tunes. And it's easy now to trace the song to the artist to the album etc etc. Demon/Nascente also had a 3CD Beginners Guide comp out fairly recently too, I don't have it but the track list also looks pretty decent, even delving into the early 80s British Jazz-Funk scene which is generally a bit more dancefloor orientated.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

The Schwa posted:

Speaking of this guy, what should I listen to? I'm seeing him in April, only familiar with My Aim Is True and Imperial Bedroom. What's the best thing to go to next?

also I'm really excited for the guy (lady?) about to discover Dylan

The really obvious choice would be This Year's Model. I also recommend Get Happy!!! which is more soul and R&B based than anything else in his catalogue, and Trust.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

Great, that definitely gives me a good starting point! I've been getting more into classic soul and neo-soul lately too so that fits well. Thanks :)

TopherCStone
Feb 27, 2013

I am very important and deserve your attention

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

Well luckily enough for you Jazz-Funk exists as an actual genre. A lot of it was panned at the time - especially the later 70s stuff - but that's just 'cause the reviewers just weren't cool enough. A lot of the time they'll use the phrase 'commercial' in there too. Personally half the time I'm looking at stuff more from a singles perspective, but that dancefloor angle is what I really dig. Still a lot of classic albums came out of that period, just a small list I'll recommended. Hopefully bassy enough for you:

That Herbie Hancock 'trilogy' of Headhunters, Thrust and Manchild. You can continue his whole 70s run while you're at it.

Donald Byrd had a great run in the mid-70s too, with a run of albums on Blue Note like Stepping Into Tomorrow and Places & Spaces.

Dropping a Jazz part of their name The Jazz Crusaders simply became the Crusaders and put out classic albums on Blue Thumb like Southern Comfort, Chain Reaction and Those Southern Knights. Can drop into more Fusiony type of things sometimes but still totally groovy.

Grab Lonnie Liston Smith & The Cosmic Echoes albums like the classic Expansions, Visions of a New World and Renaissance while you're at it.

Honestly I could be here all night listing off albums and artists or whatever (Ronnie Laws, Roy Ayers, Idris Muhammed, George Benson, Ramsey Lewis, way to many). For more easily digestable form though the old Mastercuts Classic Jazz-Funk compilations are great, normally all the 12" mixes of classic, classic tunes. And it's easy now to trace the song to the artist to the album etc etc. Demon/Nascente also had a 3CD Beginners Guide comp out fairly recently too, I don't have it but the track list also looks pretty decent, even delving into the early 80s British Jazz-Funk scene which is generally a bit more dancefloor orientated.

This is perfect, thank you!

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

Rockybar posted:

Do you like Rufus Wainwright? His voice isn't for everybody, but there's lots of good melancholy piano to be had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUeL8SGWwSU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCmcvsCxfng

And Fiona Apple, obviously, but since you're already a Jon Brion fan I assume it's a given.

neonnoodle fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 21, 2013

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
More bands with guitar playing like This Town Needs Guns? I already have some of the big name indie/math rock bands (Maps & Atlases and Minus the Bear).

ADullMin
May 3, 2013

by Ralp

Henchman of Santa posted:

More bands with guitar playing like This Town Needs Guns? I already have some of the big name indie/math rock bands (Maps & Atlases and Minus the Bear).

I'll just name some indie/math rock bands, I'm not that familiar with This Town Needs Guns though.

The Littlest Viking https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVCWUYFTPKs
Monster Machismo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl_TQ6EfN2A
The Brave Little Abacus https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiI8TYXGpJ8
about tess https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Fbx4G4aPcY
the cabs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BSJ4NIotp8
Don Caballero https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGUyOfEk3rk
Marnie Stern https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCiPMcdBgKQ
mudy on the sakuban https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o7_OXsvu7E

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

I'd like to give a shout out to Colour. They were only around for a few years, so they don't have too much material, but I think they're incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMZjlL2hj9s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHVMGrIZ8qU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFL8nhuCLHk

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

The Speed of Sound in Seawater
Tangled Hair
Algernon Cadawallader and if you like them check out Mike Kinsella's poo poo from the nineties like American Football and Cap'n Jazz

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Can you guys recommend bands similar to Lamb of God? I've tried listening to Unearth but couldn't really get into it.

Here are a couple of songs of theirs I like (if it helps)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9qFZjaTJEY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whbt8EHfhos

Basically I'd like something heavy without super screechy vocals or 'good' vocals like the singer from Five Finger Death Punch.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Hooplah posted:

The Speed of Sound in Seawater
Tangled Hair
Algernon Cadawallader and if you like them check out Mike Kinsella's poo poo from the nineties like American Football and Cap'n Jazz

Believe me, I've got all the Kinsellacore I need. I'll check out the other stuff.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

funkybottoms posted:

pretty sure Neon Indian listened to New Order once or twice, you might wanna try them. it seems you've got a thing for sort of kitchen-sink bands, genre-wise- some of the things they made me think of are M83, the Beta Band, the Unicorns/Islands, Super Furry Animals (Rings Around the World), and A Sunny Day in Glasgow. i think BMSR probably owes something to My Bloody Valentine, so you should check them out, and Stereolab is pretty amazing, too (Mars Audiac Quintet and Refried Ectoplasm being my preferred headphone albums).

New Order was the starting point for a lot of really good current bands. The best of them all is New Order 2.0 - The Wild Nothing

farmtrill posted:

terry riley - a rainbow in curved air and spiritualized - ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space are my 2 favourite albums to trip to so give them a try. ive also had good experiences with gas - pop and the 1st 2 velvet underground albums. im sure youve probably already tried the beatles.

e: i forgot spacemen 3, definitely check them out, especially the sound of confusion album

You mention Spiritualized and Spaceman 3 but not Galaxy 500 and Luna???????

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Dodoman posted:

Can you guys recommend bands similar to Lamb of God? I've tried listening to Unearth but couldn't really get into it.

Here are a couple of songs of theirs I like (if it helps)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9qFZjaTJEY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whbt8EHfhos

Basically I'd like something heavy without super screechy vocals or 'good' vocals like the singer from Five Finger Death Punch.
A bit of a stab in the dark, but:
Pain Confessor?
Compared to LoG they lean somewhat more towards melody than groove, but they're plenty heavy without going full extreme metal.

EDIT: Also, a band that I had completely forgotten the existence of until just now:
Diablo.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Nov 29, 2013

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Nordick posted:

A bit of a stab in the dark, but:
Pain Confessor?
Compared to LoG they lean somewhat more towards melody than groove, but they're plenty heavy without going full extreme metal.

EDIT: Also, a band that I had completely forgotten the existence of until just now:
Diablo.

Diablo sounds perfect so far, but I've got to listen to a few more Pain Confessor songs to come to a conclusion. Thanks a lot duder, a good place to start from.

Tshirt Ninja
Jan 1, 2010
Looking for more songs in the vein of The Mars Volta's "Vicarious Atonement" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm9JN0tpnc8 and Deerhunter's "Intro" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mghs9x7juCc. Any ideas?
edit: Specifically slow, guitar-heavy and with kinda fluid vocals if any at all.

Tshirt Ninja fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Dec 3, 2013

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

bomblol posted:

I know you said you prefer upbeat things, but for the benefit of others I want to recommend Can's album Tago Mago, and to a lesser extent Ege Byamasi (the latter is still a fantastic album, just not as good for this purpose IMO).

Also, listening to David Bedford's Rime of the Ancient Mariner in the dark on headphones is my favourite way to trip without drugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I've been rediscovering my old breakcore collection and am looking for some recommendations for mashup style breakcore moreso than noise / speedcore.

My current high-rotation playlist is:

Sickboy Milkplus - Shake Hands with a Clenched Fist
Sickboy Milkplus - Tweencore
Sickboy Milkplus - Musical Rocket Seance
DJ Donna Summer - Panther Tracks
DJ Donna Summer - Jmore / Jumpstyle mix & Big Booty / BBTcore mix
DJ Rainbow Ejaculation
Cock Rock Disco Compilation

So is there any contemporary breakcore that hits the same sort of mashup / sample-heavy notes as these artists? Any particular record labels or bandcamp pages I should be paying attention to?