Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ahahah the next tournament... BUFFED THOR :stonklol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I couldn't tank my rating down to Thor territory so I decided to go for #1-2, ended up in first place with 825 points roughly 100 points ahead of #2. Everyone else in the bracket was in the 600 range. Getting into a weak bracket makes such a huge difference.

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

Holy poo poo, Thor tournament. Rewards are quite Thor and Stormy.

This is going to be rough, given the number of levelled Thors out there.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Buffed Thor? Jeez, you have got to be kidding me. I chose to max Storm first then Thor. I'm in for a world of pain this week. My Thor is only 4/3/2 right now. :sigh:

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

I never cashed in my Model 40 ticket and now it's just gone. Welp, they could've mentioned it was disappearing the moment the tournament was over.

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

Man, the way tournaments are setup is intense. Trying to attack just enough to stay in the double Thor reward without getting too close to 25 and potentially getting bumped up if someone gets attacked made for a crazy last half hour.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Erebus posted:

I'm not seeing the flurry of activity I expect in the last 15 minutes of a tournament. Maybe everyone exhausted all their heals.

Yeah, I think the retreat changes and lack of level healing really cut back the end-of-tournament flurry. Its actually kind of nice, though you can still get randomly dogpiled!

E: Okay, I see what Shwqa is talking about with boosts. I had no idea that you could buy boosts with ISO, because I'd never actually run out before. That changes everything!

Stickman fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Nov 11, 2013

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I think I finished 30th so how long until I get my Thor cover? This next tournament is going to be absolutely retarded and I need my guy max level for the ugliest tournament yet!

EDIT: WHOA, 1000 ISP for Thor and Storm covers! Time to finish of Classic Storm as well.

Gallow fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Nov 11, 2013

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Nice of them to put Classic Storm in the premium currency Thor sale and both Modern and Classic Storm in the purple crystals one. Kind of makes that Lightning token reward worthless.

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

Gallow posted:

I think I finished 30th so how long until I get my Thor cover? This next tournament is going to be absolutely retarded and I need my guy max level for the ugliest tournament yet!

Just got mine.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

With these buffs and a thor/wolverine/daken team, my yellow Thor skill hits for 4625, before strike tiles :stare:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I finished in 2nd place! :woop: 1 of every Black (Grey) Widow, 250 iso and 100 coins!

Also just wiped out a team in Thornament with just one move cascade. :smug:

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

"Black Bo[X posted:

" post="421703486"]
Just got mine.

In the meantime my second Lightning cover was a blue Classic Storm, putting her up to 3/4/3. :bubblewoop:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

BGrifter posted:

Buffed Thor? Jeez, you have got to be kidding me. I chose to max Storm first then Thor. I'm in for a world of pain this week. My Thor is only 4/3/2 right now. :sigh:
Mine's 5/3/3 and level 28, ISO mistakes were made :smithicide:

Erebus posted:

I never cashed in my Model 40 ticket and now it's just gone. Welp, they could've mentioned it was disappearing the moment the tournament was over.
Send them an email, they seem pretty good about restoring lost poo poo.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I didn't go for the Thor reward, because I only need one more cover to max him out. I'm glad that I didn't, since it should be easy to get this tournament (I need yellow, which is the 800 reward, if I don't get him first). It does kind of suck that the rewards are so Thor/C. Storm heavy since I already have all their covers (I do need to level Thor up, he is only 56). I finished top 10, I'm ok with that.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Hahaha these first few minutes in the new event were great, I kept one-shotting everyone with my UberThor. Got 150 points in 5 minutes.

e: finished in the Top 10, not bad.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh for fucks sake... should remember to put my thor in rather than generic thor.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I just need one more yellow for Perfect Thor and a fuckton of ISO to level him up. With all the Thor and Storm rewards, this is going to truly break the game by the end. Either you started playing before the Great Tournament and maxed out Thor and the Storms, or you'll probably never win again.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Nice I got in the top 2 :toot: now I just need at least 5 more covers of the correct grey widows for her to be useful :negative:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

SynthOrange posted:

I finished in 2nd place! :woop: 1 of every Black (Grey) Widow, 250 iso and 100 coins!

Also just wiped out a team in Thornament with just one move cascade. :smug:

Same here, and this is easily the most fun tournament yet. Whomp fools for like 1500 damage for 6 red AP all day.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Gallow posted:

I just need one more yellow for Perfect Thor and a fuckton of ISO to level him up. With all the Thor and Storm rewards, this is going to truly break the game by the end. Either you started playing before the Great Tournament and maxed out Thor and the Storms, or you'll probably never win again.

This is actually the second time the Thor tournament has run. So far they seem to be looping.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I just realized this Thor tournament should be comedy gold. The damage buff should be enough to trigger Storm's passive off normal matches. Just shove babby Thor out front and watch the triggers fly.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
Thor tourney?!

Get. The gently caress. IN!

Looks like another 200 person bracket event, those are always the most successful/profitable. The progression rewards look drat good too! I think I may finally max my last three Thor covers out thanks to this event and these "lightning" tokens.

Edit: Yes! Went for it and got top 2 in my bracket AND managed to break 1000 points for a few seconds. :woop:

Chuds McGreedy fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Nov 11, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

BGrifter posted:

I just realized this Thor tournament should be comedy gold. The damage buff should be enough to trigger Storm's passive off normal matches. Just shove babby Thor out front and watch the triggers fly.

Venom Tournament 2: The Thorening.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

Emron posted:

Same here, and this is easily the most fun tournament yet. Whomp fools for like 1500 damage for 6 red AP all day.

If that's the case, perhaps keeping Model 40 Iron Man around for his yellow skill in the third slot may be a good idea.

I can't even attempt to start the next tournament because trying to retreat from 5th place down to 30 killed the majority of my collection. A really bad time for that new retreat damage feature to go in effect.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Oh boy I won a... errr... Black Widow grey suit purple cover... Hooray for uselessness!

I guess I should not have done those last minute attacks.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

This is actually the second time the Thor tournament has run. So far they seem to be looping.

Because no one has anything else. I wish they would stop being to stingy with 2* that aren't Cstorm, Thor, and too a less degree wolverine and daken. I want to use hawkeye modern, magneto now, bullseye, etc. The game will be a lot more fun when people have different parties and you need to adjust strategies.

Edit: I'm going to take it easy this Thornament, I don't need any more Thor and Loki and x-force wolverine as rare enough I might never get to use them. I'll probably try for 900 points for that sweet sweet iso and try to get some more cstorms but if I don't in rank I don't care.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Nov 11, 2013

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
I didn't get attacked a single time in that tournament and just idled my way to top 10 in my bracket. Thanks for two Grey Widow covers, I guess.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Gallow posted:

If that's the case, perhaps keeping Model 40 Iron Man around for his yellow skill in the third slot may be a good idea.

I can't even attempt to start the next tournament because trying to retreat from 5th place down to 30 killed the majority of my collection. A really bad time for that new retreat damage feature to go in effect.

So far I've found it most useful to use two stockpile buffs and just one shot something on my first turn. I don't think stuff would live long enough for the countdowns to pop.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

If I use some boosts, I can open this Thor tournament with a 2000+ damage Mjolnir's Might. This event is going to be crazy.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
I was hoping you could get C-Storm's blue and yellow covers from tokens but it doesn't look like it. I did the campaign before the big patch, so is hero coins the only way to get them? She's at 5/4/3, I just need the one :/

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Shwqa posted:

Because no one has anything else. I wish they would stop being to stingy with 2* that aren't Cstorm, Thor, and too a less degree wolverine and daken. I want to use hawkeye modern, magneto now, bullseye, etc. The game will be a lot more fun when people have different parties and you need to adjust strategies.

Edit: I'm going to take it easy this Thornament, I don't need any more Thor and Loki and x-force wolverine as rare enough I might never get to use them. I'll probably try for 900 points for that sweet sweet iso and try to get some more cstorms but if I don't in rank I don't care.

Yeah I desperately wish I had more Magneto Now covers. Even capped at level 16 with only two abilities he's insane paired with Classic Storm. Three Blue tiles anywhere I want on the board? Hell yes.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

My Thor is 2/1/1 and maxed out at lv16

Sometimes I feel like I am the only one that didn't get any Thor covers

:smithicide:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Is AP gliched sometimes? I just got rocked with 3 Armored assaults and 2 Lightning storms, then a 3 repulsor blasts in a row. Right near the start of the match. It was loving nuts.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Crap, I just noticed how high you can level some of the cards with more stars. X-force wolverine can go to 230

Also it's nice that those covers also give you gold. So I at least got 25 gold back from that black widow I didn't want to keep.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

So I went back to the campaign for rewards and laughs. I beat ragnarok in 3 turns :stare:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Shwqa posted:

So I went back to the campaign for rewards and laughs. I beat ragnarok in 3 turns :stare:

Enjoy your 20 Iso reward.

Kravdraa
Jun 10, 2002

Happy Bear Suit posted:

My Thor is 2/1/1 and maxed out at lv16

Sometimes I feel like I am the only one that didn't get any Thor covers

:smithicide:

Not the ONLY one. Mine was capped at 30 before the end of the Iron Man tourney, which is what, only 2 more covers than you? I never levelled him because I didn't have the covers. This is going to be rough.

One fight in, already having to skip the lvl 85 Thors...

Edit: There was another Thornament earlier? Must have been before I started playing. Is THAT where every bastard got their Thor covers from?
Also does this mean that there'll likely be another one star tournament soon? That was my first one, I got in one fight before the deadline, only just beating a lvl 8 Iron Man with my lvl 3 IM/Storm/Widow. Made top 25 and got a Cap. Ah, memories...

Kravdraa fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Nov 11, 2013

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I'm gonna have fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eddain
May 6, 2007
The ISO recruit seems to have red covers for Thor, which is good because my Thor needs more of that.