Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

Dizz posted:

http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/222954-super-ball-man

He deleted Dontrel Dolphin and made this.

"Ball Man is easier to draw; he looks better in the game; and I also have a certificate of copyright for him. His attack might seem strange, but you learn to like it. I also changed the attack button to X instead of SHIFT. As for Dontrel Dolphin, pay no regard to it; it's just a prototype from when I started with Game Maker."

So he bothered to slightly change the key binding, but not replace the eye searingly hideous level background?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Dizz posted:

http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/222954-super-ball-man

He deleted Dontrel Dolphin and made this.

"Ball Man is easier to draw; he looks better in the game; and I also have a certificate of copyright for him. His attack might seem strange, but you learn to like it. I also changed the attack button to X instead of SHIFT. As for Dontrel Dolphin, pay no regard to it; it's just a prototype from when I started with Game Maker."

Dontrel the Dolphin may be deleted, but he will always be in our hearts.

Always.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Ahahaha wow, yeah 'Ball Man' is definitely a better character than Dontrel the Psychopath. :shepface:

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
Uh oh, I think they unleashed Dontrel...

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I think you guys mean Ball Man™

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Oh holy poo poo, the new Dontrel the Dolphin Ball Man has credits. And they're all presumably named after people in Trelland.

EAT MY KORES

Friends Are Evil fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Nov 11, 2013

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

This guy should team up with ulillillia.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

So the man created an entire company of people with 'trel' somewhere in their name?

With a game of this size and quality that seems unlikely.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

quote:

Ball Man is easier to draw; he looks better in the game; and I also have a certificate of copyright for him.

Of course. Gotta think ahead, copyright that Ball Man™ to be ready for when he becomes a big name in the industry up there with characters like Crash Bandicoot and Vectorman.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Dontrel's still up there, he just won't be getting any bugfixes or updates; ball man's getting those now. http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/204735-dontrel-dolphin

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:
I'm ready for Dontrel Unleashed as well.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Unguided posted:

Dontrel's still up there, he just won't be getting any bugfixes or updates; ball man's getting those now. http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/204735-dontrel-dolphin

I think that's version 1.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Attention, Lowtax! A Nightmare on Elm Street Blood Craze Part 2/2 was reuploaded by its creator!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjKjGAwWAHg
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bjt1svhl4bay6jr/BloodCrazepart2-2.zip

mwells_cubed
Aug 7, 2003

WOW
I think my favorite part of the trailer was the email address on the coffin. That's how I wanna be remembered. :shobon:

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
:siren:"A Nightmare On Elm Street 2 - Blood Craze Part 2":siren:

Bonus behind the scenes making of the game.

Jubs fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Nov 12, 2013

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Holy poo poo did that ever make this whole thread worth it. The voice acting for "invisible mode" alone is fantastic. The game would be absolutely adorable if these people weren't in their 20's.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

It's going to be really hard to top that. Jesus, my loving sides!

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

After my years on SA I shouldn't be surprised at 20 somethings acting like 11 year olds but drat, wow

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Freddy sure is a sore loser. "I'm takin' my nightmare and going home!"

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

These Elm Street games are the best worst games.

I had flashbacks to Beyond the Forbidden Forest.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Somebody needs to get him an account and make him a mod in the Games forum so he doesn't get banned.

JaysonAych posted:

These Elm Street games are the best worst games.

Anybody have a clue what character that is?

Edit: :siren: Bonus behind the scenes making of the game.

Jubs fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Nov 12, 2013

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

I'm in invisible mode! :haw:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

y˛kleinke posted:

I'm in invisible mode! :haw:

I wish that game were (still) in invisible mode. That first part was kinda funny, but the second part really blew.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The fact this game has two voice actors probably gives it the highest production values of all games reviewed so far.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

That was wonderful timing on "What's your favourite scary movie" leading straight into that ridiculous scream.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

Now I just need to mod the audio clip "I'm in invisible mode" into every stealth game.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

tankadillo posted:

Now I just need to mod the audio clip "I'm in invisible mode" into every stealth game.
Into the Cait Sith section of DoC.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

tankadillo posted:

Metal Gear Solid.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

tankadillo posted:

You could do that with the Spy's cloaking sound effect in TF2, and it wouldn't even be that hard.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

I really hope lowtax has polished up on his boxing skills because this vampire guy looks like a really dangerous fellow. (In case it's not clear, that's the creator of this beautiful game and the namesake of that guy in the coffin.)

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

JaysonAych posted:

That game terrified me as a kid, but now I watch it and laugh my rear end off.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I'm going to have nwee-mohs tonight.

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
Wait, is Wesley Snipes a Dracula or a Frankenstein? He looked more like a Frankenstein to me.

GUYS STOP
Jun 7, 2003
Grimey Drawer

davidspackage posted:

I'm going to have nwee-mohs tonight.
If you want to hear him talk more he's got a whole youtube channel. He's like a real-life Forest Gump that makes lovely games instead of participating in iconic American historical events.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg4YUoDgADo

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I'm pretty sure I completely lost it at Skele-Freddy and his "dialogue." The whole thing was magical. :allears:

Now if only the actual Nightmare on Elm Street franchise ended like this.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Nebalebadingdong posted:

I've been enjoying the hell out of this thread so I made a dancing ghost .gif from Shmorky's video

e: its avatar-able if someone wants it

This is awesome and I took it since nobody else did, thank you!

I hope Shmorky doesn't mind!

Kangra
May 7, 2012

In the graveyard stands ol' Freddie and our nightmares are his trade
and he carries the reminder of every glove that sliced him down
and cut him till he cried out in his anger and his shame
I am leaving I am leaving but the nightmare still remains

Fernhill
Oct 28, 2013

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

aaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa great avatar!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Not a video game, but Lowtax finally got off his duff and made a :krad: intro for his videos. I'm high (dub)steppin' it to this sweet, sweet collection of images!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b1UIVs2Lg8

• Locked thread