Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

Not just friends?

I knew immediately that panel would make a great avatar. Wish I could get this one. :(

This whole chapter has been fantastic. I saw the newest page and grinned like an idiot for half an hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

:3:

Not just friends?

Paz's face is like some kind of positive Smug. Is that a thing?

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

cafel posted:

I find the phrase 'turning Kat into a lesbian' really funny for reasons I can't fully describe. Some kind of mix of 'she's a fictional character, it's not like she had a natural default' and invoking lesbianism in a manner similar to vampirism. Kat has been turned!
Not to mention them missing the possibility of someone being bisexual or bi-curious.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

PrinceRandom posted:

Paz's face is like some kind of positive Smug. Is that a thing?

I believe the term is "cheeky". She's probably really happy her gambit paid off.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Smooooooooth recovery. :3:

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
Here's my first attempt at making some avatars from today's strip:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 214 days!
Isn't Robot dating Shadow? Or are we talking about a different Robot?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Fecha posted:

Wait a minute, Kat never voiced aloud her concern that they're just hanging out as friends. Mind reader confirmed?!
Ahaha this was my first thought exactly.

It's good to see that it worked out for both of them. It's just that now whatever hammer will Tom drop will hit heavier by a tenfold.

Also "Peck". BIRD PUNS yes I know it's a verb and I know it's used correctly

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

Hodgepodge posted:

I... don't think that's a consideration on either of their minds.

Not ruling out Robot furiously editing mechanism-scripture though.

Edit: and boy, Tom got really good at profiles really quickly.

M.c.P fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Nov 11, 2013

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Fecha posted:

Wait a minute, Kat never voiced aloud her concern that they're just hanging out as friends. Mind reader confirmed?!

That, or she'd figured out what Kat was stressing about, and was just teasing her by playing dumb before giving her a kiss out of nowhere and running off. She is starting to seem like the mischievous type. Look at that face as she was leaving!

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Captain_Person posted:

Here's my first attempt at making some avatars from today's strip:

I really want to get that second one with Kat's stunned expression. Hopefully it'll still be available in a couple of days when I get paid. Anyone got some accompanying text suggestions?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

(animated)

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Hodgepodge posted:

That's what I was going to say. Robot already has a romantic relationship, and he seems to be the most empathetic of the robots. Why would he be jealous that his creator is happy?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Lurdiak posted:

Whaaaat. :aaa:

Come on thinking about buying an avatar is like one of the top three phrases to summon an avatar fairy, alng with 'I wish I wasn't broke so I could get this avatar' and 'what is this avatar fairy you guys are talking about'

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
I like to think I'm avatar fairy proof due to user name/avatar combo. I have been tempted by some out of the previous two chapters though. Maybe I'll change it in the future but all the ones I like are taken within seconds of posting.

Really I just need another chapter with Laser Cows.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Zemyla posted:

Why would he be jealous that his creator is happy?

There's a reason I called it an unwise bet!

Rumda posted:

Come on thinking about buying an avatar is like one of the top three phrases to summon an avatar fairy, alng with 'I wish I wasn't broke so I could get this avatar' and 'what is this avatar fairy you guys are talking about'

Yeah but usually when I get bought an avatar it's like some stupid in-joke thing or a red title. I'm not used to nice!

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Doesn't that last panel pretty much get us to the silhouette we started with at the beginning of the chapter?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
And then Paz died from toxic smoke inhalation.

No seriously what's going to happen it's going to be horrible :ohdear:

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Greatness is always within Reach

Laser Cow posted:

I like to think I'm avatar fairy proof due to user name/avatar combo. I have been tempted by some out of the previous two chapters though. Maybe I'll change it in the future but all the ones I like are taken within seconds of posting.

Really I just need another chapter with Laser Cows.

In that case, whatever you do, don't ask about the pony avatars.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Greatest page, or most greatest page?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Crimson Harvest posted:

Greatest page, or most greatest page?
It's good. Maybe even great. But not the best.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Nitrousoxide posted:

Doesn't that last panel pretty much get us to the silhouette we started with at the beginning of the chapter?

Almost. Maybe the second to last panel is that, but from a diffrent angle.

Unrelated: I just noticed that Boxbot has his own category on the "Cast" page. :allears:

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

I'll have you know, foxes have the finest call in nature

Roger Explosion posted:

It's good. Maybe even great. But not the best.

Schrödinger's link: there are so many possibilities of where this link could take us, and they are all true until you click on it.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Cyphoderus posted:

Schrödinger's link: there are so many possibilities of where this link could take us, and they are all true until you click on it.
It's not even the canonical best page though!

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Wednesday will be a smash cut to Annie sobbing over Reynardine's corpse.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I like this page because it depicts a very familiar and real thing where your girl/boyfriend is leaving and then you pull them back and kiss them again.

^^I also like this page because it depicts the actual sound kissing makes.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Ah, kids and their vague ideas about how kissing works.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004
I no longer believe in the greater purpose.

Fecha posted:

Ah, kids and their vague ideas about how kissing works.

It's basically just reciprocal mouth zerbits, right?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Paul.Power posted:

Not to mention them missing the possibility of someone being bisexual or bi-curious.

It's funny how some people are too dumb to understand that's a thing.
Like "gay" and "straight" are factions like Autobots and Decepticons and have to be on one side or another.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Rumda posted:

The fourth is "just posting in this thread at all".

And wow, yeah I used to think Tom's initial attempts at profile shots were kinda awkward, but it shows he's really been practising it because I didn't even register them as being in profile until it was mentioned here. I love seeing an artist's work improve in serial works like this, it's one of the best things about the entire experience.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
:3: This page is the best. The avatars are the best. Everything is the best. Might have to get one of those avatars tommorow, since I forgot to center align my current one and it's starting to bug me. I just really hope everything turns out well for Kat and Paz.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
... Aaaaaand cue Annie, stage right.

At least, that's my only guess for the rest of this chapter.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
Guys, clearly this chapter will be a sweet one, and the next chapter will feature Coyote removing Ysengrin's last remaining memory of being nurtured by his mother as a pup.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Uneven-Tan Kat suddenly gets a great idea

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'm impressed at how nicely drawn the page is, too! Nice work Tom.

edit: it must be really hard to get that nose out of the way while kissing!

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Nov 11, 2013

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

We have officially reached maximum :3:.

I hope on wednesday we see an Annie version of the last panel of this page.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

quote:

Cozarto:

I don't mean to offend but this kind of scene is kinda Awkward and Disturbing to me since I'm a girl and I haven't learned about adult stuff like kissing. Also this scene make it looks like they're both leasbians and I find it extremely disturbing especially the kissing part.

Tom please, there are apparently blind, deaf, mute children reading this comic who have never heard or seen kissing before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Tom please, there are apparently blind, deaf, mute children reading this comic who have never heard or seen kissing before.

I'm pretty sure that comment is just taking the piss out of the actual assholes in the comments section