Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Snowy posted:

I'm certain this must have been requested before, but is a search function planned at all? I'm a search junkie and need my fix at all times.

On the list!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forebodingburger
Jul 23, 2010

Sever your leg, please.
Maybe I'm just uncool, but along with the request to divide sigs from the rest of a post, would it be possible to choose not to display them at all? I'm pretty sure the forums proper have that option, and holy crap are the sigs ever my least favorite part of gbs 2.1.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

forebodingburger posted:

Maybe I'm just uncool, but along with the request to divide sigs from the rest of a post, would it be possible to choose not to display them at all? I'm pretty sure the forums proper have that option, and holy crap are the sigs ever my least favorite part of gbs 2.1.

That would be cool.

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed
Deleting and reinstalling the app fixed my persistent high storage usage problem. I did have several app crashes while uploading images to imgur inline. It only ever seems to work if I do 1 image at a time.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

tehloki posted:

Deleting and reinstalling the app fixed my persistent high storage usage problem. I did have several app crashes while uploading images to imgur inline. It only ever seems to work if I do 1 image at a time.

Just so you know, logging out and logging back in clears the cache.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

el burbo posted:

Just so you know, logging out and logging back in clears the cache.

Not in this case:

pokeyman posted:

Almost. If you cancel the new post sheet then Awful saves the images to its cache. This is done to bring your post back intact if you tap the 'Compose' button (so you can go back and forth between your post and the thread, adding quotes and such). The problem is that Awful only clears the image cache if it successfully sends the post. If you leave the thread, or Awful crashes, the images stick around.

If you're wondering whether this is the problem, try logging out and back in. If the usage goes down a little bit or not at all, this is the problem. That cache isn't cleared when logging out.

On the plus side, images are saved to the folder that iOS is supposed to clean out when you get low on space. So you could intentionally run out of space, or you could delete and reinstall Awful, and that cache should be cleared.

(Awful 2 doesn't have this problem, but its solution wouldn't work on iOS 5 so I can't port it back to Awful 1.)

Emphasis added.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Diabolik900 posted:

Not in this case:

Emphasis added.

Gotcha

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

forebodingburger posted:

Disabling sigs in your user CP, on the forum, should prevent them from showing up in the awful app.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

violetdragon posted:

Disabling sigs in your user CP, on the forum, should prevent them from showing up in the awful app.

Nope. I still see them on the app.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Is it possible to be able to use sigs in awful? I need to get in on that sweet gbs action on the go.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
I'd like to request a filter/search on the bookmarks page if at all possible. It'd be nice to filter down to a specific thread I'm looking for instead of paging through 5-10 pages of bookmarks.

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed
I like how there's currently somebody who can't turn sigs on and somebody who can't turn sigs off.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Mad Wack posted:

I'd like to request a filter/search on the bookmarks page if at all possible. It'd be nice to filter down to a specific thread I'm looking for instead of paging through 5-10 pages of bookmarks.

It never occurred to me that this would be useful for anyone! On the list.

tehloki posted:

I like how there's currently somebody who can't turn sigs on and somebody who can't turn sigs off.

Yeah, I'm kinda staying out of it for now.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

tehloki posted:

I haven't seen a sig on the forums (including Awful) since I turned them off in the control panel back in Aught-Three.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Another vote for a sig option and also turning off spell check for GBS because I'm having to work way too hard fighting it to make my low effort posts.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

tehloki posted:

If you're talking about me, I just realised I did indeed have sigs on in user cp. :blush:

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed
Well, it was definitely a funny thing while I thought it was happening. You don't often get to see users interact with a dev in such a near-real time and intimate fashion and I love it when stuff like that happens

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

jojoinnit posted:

Nope. I still see them on the app.

That's strange. I have them turned off in the user CP and don't see them in the app. Of course, I can't see avatars either. :shrug:

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

violetdragon posted:

That's strange. I have them turned off in the user CP and don't see them in the app. Of course, I can't see avatars either. :shrug:

Two posts up, I was wrong about them being off in User CP.

Veinless
Sep 11, 2008

Smells like motivation
Experienced a strange bug on my new iPad Mini 2 on iOS 7.0.3.

I was unable to scroll up or down in thread. I could not swipe across to open the thread list.

I was able to use buttons, such as jump to page and mark read to here. I was able to scroll up and down in the thread list. Switching threads made it all better.

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

Veinless posted:

I was unable to scroll up or down in thread. I could not swipe across to open the thread list.

I was able to use buttons, such as jump to page and mark read to here. I was able to scroll up and down in the thread list. Switching threads made it all better.

Same thing keeps happening to me on my new iPad Air. Glad to see I'm not alone and/or going crazy.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Veinless posted:

This happens on my iPad 4 as well, but not my iPhone 5.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Someone reported that earlier in the thread but it happens on my Air too in 7.0.4. Strangely I have one other app that does this-Pocket Informant in its task view.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Reported this previously on my 4S, still present on my new 5S. It happens when the phone is turned sideways.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Serifina posted:

Reported this previously on my 4S, still present on my new 5S. It happens when the phone is turned sideways.

It'll be fixed someday :)

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

pokeyman posted:

It'll be fixed someday :)

Alrighty. Just wanted to make sure it was known.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
Any chance of a swipe back to go back gesture like the sort that ios7 settings has?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

:smug:

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
LOGO DESIGNS?!

jink
May 8, 2002

Drop it like it's Hot.
Taco Defender

oooo I want that so bad! I am constantly swiping from the left multiple times wondering why the gesture won't work.... then I realize it's an ios6 designed app. :)

Keep up the great work guys!

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Yes just making the swipe-to-go-back gesture work would go 90% towards making it feel like an iOS 7 app.

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn
Thanks Awful for Android, a good platform with great features and proven stability

Bing the Noize fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Nov 20, 2013

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed
I think you might be in the wrong thread. Not sure which one the right one is, though.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

ACID POLICE posted:

I have one more dumb question. When you split an unlimited line off a family plan, is it essentially like signing a new 2 year contract? Because I have a full upgrade on my line and I could use it to upgrade someone else's phone if I could get a 2 year contact price on my phone. But I haven't feeling it won't work that smoothly and I might still end up needing to pay retail for a new phone if I want one.

Demand a refund from the developer.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

ACID POLICE posted:

I have one more dumb question. When you split an unlimited line off a family plan, is it essentially like signing a new 2 year contract? Because I have a full upgrade on my line and I could use it to upgrade someone else's phone if I could get a 2 year contact price on my phone. But I haven't feeling it won't work that smoothly and I might still end up needing to pay retail for a new phone if I want one.

Wait for the iPhone 6.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

ACID POLICE posted:

Buy a really big case in case you're hiking and a meteor hits your pocket.

Bing the Noize
Dec 21, 2008

by The Finn

withak posted:

Demand a refund from the developer.

Piece of poo poo android app posting to the wrong thread, sorry, don't buy an android

e: Ironically the upgrade in question is to a 5S

Bing the Noize fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Nov 20, 2013

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Well, at least your fitness log wasn't being posted to an abortion thread.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Terminal Entropy posted:

Well, at least your fitness log wasn't being posted to an abortion thread.

It is a way to lose weight.

But in all seriousness, and this is more a general 7 question (I think), why is there swipe to go back, but the opposite swipe doesn't go forward in most cases? By 'forward,' I basically mean reversing the swipe to go back, and not moving to uncharted territory. Could awful have both?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Kaizoku posted:

But in all seriousness, and this is more a general 7 question (I think), why is there swipe to go back, but the opposite swipe doesn't go forward in most cases? By 'forward,' I basically mean reversing the swipe to go back, and not moving to uncharted territory. Could awful have both?

It's not available by default. The swipe to go back gesture you basically get "for free" because it's a built-in feature of the navigation controller. To swipe right-to-left, you'd have to do something custom, and keep track of pages the user backed out of yourself.

• Locked thread