Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
New The Breaker: New Waves

I can't wait for the Nine Arts Dragon to smack around all those little army boys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
So long smug government glasses guy, we hardly knew ye.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Sindai posted:

So long smug government glasses guy, we hardly knew ye.

Doesn't he actually work for the Black Forest Clan, though? I remember him sniping Shiho on Kaiser's orders at the end of The Breaker. I wouldn't be surprised if he just lets him waltz on past.

dogpower
Dec 28, 2008
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/The-Gamer/Vol-001-Ch-001-Read-Online?id=174343

I only read the first chapter but I'm already sucked in. It's about a guy who has this ability where real life and rpg elements are mixed into his daily life.

Okay I just read the second chapter and then it got kind of shouneny - I guess it might still be a decent read.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

dogpower posted:

I only read the first chapter but I'm already sucked in. It's about a guy who has this ability where real life and rpg elements are mixed into his daily life.

Okay I just read the second chapter and then it got kind of shouneny - I guess it might still be a decent read.

I read through all six chapters, and while it does get more shounen-y, it's also refreshingly measured and thorough in its analyzing of how MMO game design affects this guy's everyday life.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Yeah could almost fit in with the surreal daily life thread if it doesn't get too crazy. Hard to imagine where the story is going, almost has a Gantz vibe at the moment.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I forgot to mention how hard it made me laugh when it was revealed that his calmness in the face of danger was in fact a max-level skill. Boy would that be helpful in real life.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

GoHS updated http://kissmanga.com/Manga/The-God-of-High-School/129?id=177360

high school detective kid straight up using PUA techniques in the other world :laffo:

vkeios
May 7, 2007

chami posted:

Doesn't he actually work for the Black Forest Clan, though? I remember him sniping Shiho on Kaiser's orders at the end of The Breaker. I wouldn't be surprised if he just lets him waltz on past.

Nah, earlier in New Waves, Glasses was chatting with his boss about how it was a huge mistake for the government to work with Black Forest back during that end of The Breaker stuff. Glasses is totally planning something though, maybe gonna try and pit 9 Arts vs Shioon.

dogpower
Dec 28, 2008

Coughing Hobo posted:

I forgot to mention how hard it made me laugh when it was revealed that his calmness in the face of danger was in fact a max-level skill. Boy would that be helpful in real life.

I did laugh when he figured out the training technique of "grinding" which consisted of hitting a tree with a baseball bat all day.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 232 days!
The premise reminds me a lot of Qualia the Purple. I could see this guy existing in that universe.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/My-Young-Cat-and-My-Old-Dog

I read 9 chapters of this. This will make me cry, won't it?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

nerdz posted:

That picture alone was depressing enough that I am never clicking that link.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Elysiume posted:

That picture alone was depressing enough that I am never clicking that link.

I read more. It gets worse. the tears won't stop

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

nerdz posted:

Somebody decided they want to go deeper than "Can't See, Can't Hear, But Love" into sadness? :shepicide: I don't even own pets anymore, I'd have to go out and buy five dogs if this single image is any indication.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
The Gamer is pretty great so far. Kind of crazy he could take out a level 16 slime while only level 4.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

nerdz posted:

It did me!

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
By complete coincidence I just found another manwha called Dice that has a surprisingly similar premise to The Gamer but takes it in a somewhat darker direction and may also end up turning out good.

Instead of just the main character having the ability to 'level up', anyone who is a player in the 'game' can do it - they're given 'quests' to do anonymously through their cellphones, which start off as doing innocent, simple things, but gradually becoming less and less reasonable or ethical in exchange for increasingly large numbers of 'dice'. When you do a task, you get a certain number of die, and you roll them to decide how much of some aspect of yourself will improve.

But, when these dice appear, they appear on the ground near you, and if someone else rolls them before you they become a player too and will start recieving 'quests'. At the beginning of the manga it's just one guy, then two, then three, but of course things go wrong and a large number of random kids at their high school get a die, and poo poo starts to really hit the fan. Essentially, offering a bunch of teenagers beauty, strength, smarts, or whatever they could possibly want improved about themselves, and all they have to do is beat someone up, or steal something or start a fire, or lie to someone - and then make them compete for the same tasks.

It's still pretty new but I could see this becoming interesting, too.

Wolpertinger fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Oct 22, 2013

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Wolpertinger posted:

By complete coincidence I just found another manwha called Dice that has a surprisingly similar premise to The Gamer but takes it in a somewhat darker direction and may also end up turning out good.

Instead of just the main character having the ability to 'level up', anyone who is a player in the 'game' can do it - they're given 'quests' to do anonymously through their cellphones, which start off as doing innocent, simple things, but gradually becoming less and less reasonable or ethical in exchange for increasingly large numbers of 'dice'. When you do a task, you get a certain number of die, and you roll them to decide how much of some aspect of yourself will improve.

But, when these dice appear, they appear on the ground near you, and if someone else rolls them before you they become a player too and will start recieving 'quests'. At the beginning of the manga it's just one guy, then two, then three, but of course things go wrong and a large number of random kids at their high school get a die, and poo poo starts to really hit the fan. Essentially, offering a bunch of teenagers beauty, strength, smarts, or whatever they could possibly want improved about themselves, and all they have to do is beat someone up, or steal something or start a fire, or lie to someone - and then make them compete for the same tasks.

It's still pretty new but I could see this becoming interesting, too.

Kind of irrelevant, but what's up with Batoto playing music in the background nowadays?

E: oh apparently it's actually part of the comic itself? That's pretty interesting.

EE: oh wow, the music is actually really great. The only negative thing is that everyone is obviously going to have different reading speeds so the musical cues get kind of jumbled...

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Oct 22, 2013

Oo Koo
Nov 19, 2012
I just got around to reading the latest chapter of Kubera and well... Gandharva did a thing.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Okasvi posted:

I just got around to reading the latest chapter of Kubera and well... Gandharva did a thing.

God dammit Gandharva, that isn't where you were supposed to create the ocean!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
New Breaker NW is up. 9AD is back in town, and poo poo's hitting the fan

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Oct 25, 2013

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
The Breaker New Waves: Pedal to the floor until this thing breaks apart. :black101:

Should be interesting to see how this clash unfolds. 9AD clearly doesn't care about civilians being caught up in the situation.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

dogpower posted:

Looks like this was recently updated, now it is up to 8 chapters.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 232 days!

Mo_Steel posted:

The Breaker New Waves: Pedal to the floor until this thing breaks apart. :black101:

Should be interesting to see how this clash unfolds. 9AD clearly doesn't care about civilians being caught up in the situation.

It looked like his crew only killed the mooks. They seem the type to be able to avoid civilian casualties by just being that drat good.

That fight was some distracting Hawkeye Initiative bullshit. If I wanted to beat off, I wouldn't be reading a fight manwha. Just make her look cool, I'm reading this to see cool fights.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/The-God-of-High-School/The-God-of-High-School-022?id=89686

Well, I'll be damned. The Son Goku thing didn't come out of nowhere after all.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The Breaker is up, somewhere. I just grabbed it off A-Team's site.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

pnumoman posted:

Hopefully you guys will get somewhat caught up during the current hiatus; Season 1 is finished at 69 chapters, and the author's been on hiatus since April and set to return in October.

Btw, the craziness never stops and I really can't wait until this series returns in October.

This is sad. The 25th chapter of Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private High School was released in mid July, though EGScans has it listed as October for some reason maybe they didn't do the last couple of chapters back then? Months later and we haven't gotten any new chapters and the comic is now up to 70 chapters. I wish I could read Korean because it looks insane.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
http://mngacow.com/The-Breaker-New-Waves/136/

Shoryuken

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Ryuujin posted:

Looks like this was recently updated, now it is up to 8 chapters.

And now up to 10. I find it hilarious that his new skill is pretty much shonen Burning Spirit healing if I understood it right.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
Aside from the fact that he can't tell people about his ability without sending them into giggling fits, it certainly seems incredibly overpowered compared the other abilities seen so far. Which I guess is pretty appropriate, considering the meteoric rise from "scrub" to "ultimate badass" your average RPG character pulls off.

Still, I wonder how it'll handle that he could potentially eclipse his friends lifelong training in a few weeks of hitting a tree with a bat and spending five minutes in the clans library.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Ryuujin posted:

This is sad. The 25th chapter of Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private High School was released in mid July, though EGScans has it listed as October for some reason maybe they didn't do the last couple of chapters back then? Months later and we haven't gotten any new chapters and the comic is now up to 70 chapters. I wish I could read Korean because it looks insane.

Series just came back with a proper first chapter to season 2. Maybe there'll be some translation love for you guys now that it's back?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Mygna posted:

Aside from the fact that he can't tell people about his ability without sending them into giggling fits, it certainly seems incredibly overpowered compared the other abilities seen so far. Which I guess is pretty appropriate, considering the meteoric rise from "scrub" to "ultimate badass" your average RPG character pulls off.

Still, I wonder how it'll handle that he could potentially eclipse his friends lifelong training in a few weeks of hitting a tree with a bat and spending five minutes in the clans library.
Exp curves? Gotta go from grinding trees for a few hours to grinding trees for days. I suppose you could move onto beating up zombies, thouugh.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
New Noblesse. I don't know if anyone is still following Noblesse but we are getting close to the next big battle royale and also, that last panel with Karias (had to Google his actual name) standing on Yuri's head was priceless..

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Lyon posted:

New Noblesse. I don't know if anyone is still following Noblesse but we are getting close to the next big battle royale and also, that last panel with Karias (had to Google his actual name) standing on Yuri's head was priceless..

Yeah haha. He's been waiting for his chance to fight for the longest time. Glad to see it's finally here.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Lyon posted:

The authors of Noblesse tend to have a pretty decent sense of gags like that I found. It's a pity they don't use it as much anymore, but it does stop it getting too old I guess.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Shugojin posted:

The authors of Noblesse tend to have a pretty decent sense of gags like that I found. It's a pity they don't use it as much anymore, but it does stop it getting too old I guess.

The gag that all these Nobles act very reserved at all times but are literally the silliest people ever just never gets old.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Chapter 14 of God of Bath comes with a pretty nice revelation at the end.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The Breaker: New Waves 137

I can't wait for Shioon to inevitably dismantle every single one of Nine Arts' crew. You know it's gonna happen, they're so gonna be sacrificial lambs to show how strong our little protagonist has become.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Coughing Hobo posted:

The Breaker: New Waves 137

I can't wait for Shioon to inevitably dismantle every single one of Nine Arts' crew. You know it's gonna happen, they're so gonna be sacrificial lambs to show how strong our little protagonist has become.

I'm actually hoping for more of a traditional shounen-style "everyone pairs off and gets their own fight" sort of thing. I'm not usually hot on those, but I like the supporting cast here and I don't think they get enough screentime. :3: