Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BlitzBlast posted:

High grades are cool and all, but Master Grade is where it's at. :colbert:

Perfect Grade Gunpla battle. Bring it on boys. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

TaurusOxford posted:

Perfect Grade Gunpla battle. Bring it on boys. :smug:

Not much variety suit wise there. Besides it'll just wind up being PG Strike Freedom vs Perfect Grade 00 Raiser in the finale anyway.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

ManSeriesBrofist posted:

Not much variety suit wise there. Besides it'll just wind up being PG Strike Freedom vs Perfect Grade 00 Raiser in the finale anyway.

Pffft. SF's backpack would probably snap at the first attempt to use the Dragoons, and 00 Raiser literally can't move unless you push in the condensors on his limbs.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

A PG competition would very quickly turn into a stretch-off.

I would be entirely okay with that.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

TaurusOxford posted:

Pffft. SF's backpack would probably snap at the first attempt to use the Dragoons, and 00 Raiser literally can't move unless you push in the condensors on his limbs.

Man I wish I could afford a PG so I could test that.

Caros
May 14, 2008

AzraelNewtype posted:

I'm sorry, what about the Victory is second tier? :mad:

The fact that it sucks? :)

Or the fact that it is replaced by the V2 Gundam

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
Victory Gundam is the most blown up Gundam. Of course there was a ton of them, and a lot of its parts were deliberately blown up by ramming them into enemies.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
New episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyLIjk_V-1g

I do enjoy how straight-up fun they make this sport look.

And it looks like our resident ~Mysterious Newtype Girl~ is making her entrance. No idea how they're going to make something horrible happen to her in this setting.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

What the hell did he do to that poor Gyan?

EDIT: Also Sei's mom might actually be the best character in this show.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Nov 11, 2013

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
"The white Gundam will win."

Um, but the Build Mk-II isn't really white...

I loved Ral's speech about the hobby this week. A lot of people really do need to take that to heart.

China's gunpla is going to be the new Namek at this rate.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I could suddenly go for a nice cool can of Sports Drink.

Caros
May 14, 2008

That goddamned fight. :suspense:

That has got to be one of the best animated fights I've ever watched in a Gundam series, and its in loving episode six! Where the gently caress are they getting the budget for this?

Also, build fighters really benefits from the pilots not being in the Mobile Suits. You can have knock down, drag out fights and still have both participants not be... well... dead.

In non battle related: Sei's mom is both adorable and creepy as gently caress. The Italian guy is now also appearing out of nowhere because gently caress you that's why. Kirara is in the crowd watching and thus will probably continue to be a character, which is cool. And Gyan Gan Gyan! :allears:

A+, best episode they've done yet.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

God drat that fight was incredible. Such a great back and forth and fantastically animated and directed.

If their heading for the world tournament already, I'm wondering if this show will only be 13 episodes.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Monaghan posted:

God drat that fight was incredible. Such a great back and forth and fantastically animated and directed.

If their heading for the world tournament already, I'm wondering if this show will only be 13 episodes.

There's a listing for box set #1 which will have episodes 1-12, so at the very least we're getting twice that much.

There are still things they can cover after they finish the tournaments. Like seeing what the heck is up with Reiji for one.

Also yeah, nth-ing that the fight in this episode ruled.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Monaghan posted:

Don't talk about that. Don't even JOKE about that... There is no way any sane human being would cut this show at 13 episodes. Then again Sunrise execs...

Here is something to think about. This is the climactic battle from Gundam AGE between the second Generation rivals, it is the new version included in the extra movie release because the original version lasted a little over a minute and was even shittier.

You can top that with pretty much any battle we've seen from Build Fighters. And the main battle from this episode? AGE competes against BF in the same way that an infant could fight Muhammad Ali.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I'm honestly amazed at the consistent quality this show has had. Man that episode was amazing, and that fight. :swoon:

Also I'm totally disappointed we didn't get to see Gato Kato.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The rumor is that the series is 26 episodes. No way it's only 13.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Wait a minute, that kid with the GN-X... was that Patrick?

Was this what he meant by simulation battles? :v:

EDIT: And oh wow, today's Kamille's birthday.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Nov 11, 2013

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Yeah, we'll get another 12 episodes or so of the world tournament and then 2 or 3 where Sei and Reiji save the world from Yuuki's evil corporation that's going to take over the world by making gunplas real.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

So this is a thing and I immediately want one for my HGs.

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2013/11/gundam-build-fighters-hg-1144-custom_9.html

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caros posted:

Don't talk about that. Don't even JOKE about that... There is no way any sane human being would cut this show at 13 episodes. Then again Sunrise execs...

Here is something to think about. This is the climactic battle from Gundam AGE between the second Generation rivals, it is the new version included in the extra movie release because the original version lasted a little over a minute and was even shittier.

You can top that with pretty much any battle we've seen from Build Fighters. And the main battle from this episode? AGE competes against BF in the same way that an infant could fight Muhammad Ali.

Amusingly this week's fight actually contained a reference to Gundam AGE. The 'spin the beam saber' shot was identical to the one Obright used to shank Fram. I'm waiting to watch the full episode but supposedly there are a few more in the fight as well, just integrated pretty seamlessly.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I did have a moment where I got a little irked with the laser lights swooping through space and clashing poo poo.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

ImpAtom posted:

Amusingly this week's fight actually contained a reference to Gundam AGE. The 'spin the beam saber' shot was identical to the one Obright used to shank Fram. I'm waiting to watch the full episode but supposedly there are a few more in the fight as well, just integrated pretty seamlessly.

Also the first appearance of a 00/AD era suit in the GN-X, which I thought was cool (love that design). I thought I heard it said that 00-forward was off the table IP-wise? No plans to watch AGE but some of the Gundams look cool (most of the grunts look really plain though)

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

00s2 and AGE seem to be off the table, the pilot had an exia in it for a brief moment as well.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Exia has been cameoing all over the place. It's on the display shelf in Iori's shop, Mihoshi was watching an episode of 00 in her flashback in episode 4, and it even showed up this episode during Ral and Reiji's chat.

And yes, it's confirmed that 00 S2 and AGE will not be showing up.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
So, next week we're getting a... beach episode? Okay.

This episode really made me want to see the show somehow included in Super Robot Wars. The fight alone could have provided a full movelist's worth of balls-to-the-wall attack animations.

Fred is on fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Nov 11, 2013

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Well, they've managed to slot way more bizarre series into SRW. Heck, just make the suits a bit bigger (let's say Lagann sized) and you could say THE PARTICLES HAVE DISPERSED OVER THE ENTIRE WORLD, and then Reiji and Sei get to gunpla battle against Char Aznable.

EDIT: And it'd fit well with Robotics;Notes.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Nov 11, 2013

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
This ridiculous little show is actually beginning to grow on me. For something that is literally about a commercial product, there's more sincere love and effort showing here than this franchise has seen in a long, long time.

And that fight was indeed tits. Would've been absolutely brutal in any other series.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Schneider Heim posted:

China's gunpla is going to be the new Namek at this rate.

I don't think it's the same gunpla. That was almost definitely a Zaku she was painting this episode since there was both the spike shoulder and shield shoulder. She's probably practicing on a few kits before she makes a tournament one.

Fred is on posted:

So, next week we're getting a... beach episode? Okay.

More importantly, next week Obari is the lead mechanical animation designer so the fight in it should look pretty drat sweet. It'll be hard to top this weeks, but then, it's also going to a rival fight between Sei and Mao, so maybe they'll go all out for this one too. I wonder will Mao and Yuuki end up teaming up the way Sei and Reiji have. Yuuki's a pretty good builder, but Mao is presumably on another level to him. Also, surprised to see the Build Mk II already show up. Thought we'd get more of a lead in to that. I wonder if Sei will change to another new unit at some point besides those two.

Endorph posted:

Well, they've managed to slot way more bizarre series into SRW. Heck, just make the suits a bit bigger (let's say Lagann sized) and you could say THE PARTICLES HAVE DISPERSED OVER THE ENTIRE WORLD, and then Reiji and Sei get to gunpla battle against Char Aznable.

EDIT: And it'd fit well with Robotics;Notes.

You could also get things like Zegapain, Medabots and maybe even Digimon or something in with it too.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
Maybes I will get to live my dream and there will be a Build Ez8, or maybe just a Ez8 in general. I know i saw a Ground Gundam in the store's display case. There was the Apsalus III in the next episode preview, a man can dream!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

tsob posted:

I don't think it's the same gunpla. That was almost definitely a Zaku she was painting this episode since there was both the spike shoulder and shield shoulder. She's probably practicing on a few kits before she makes a tournament one.

The kit she has is literally the Gunpla Beginners Kit including an easy-to-build Zaku and Gundam.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Why don't they love me and my MG's! :negative:

I really am hoping the show still gets a mid season upgrade. I really like the Build Strike, but neither it nor the Build Mk2 give me the feeling that they are Sei's masterpiece.

Caros fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Nov 11, 2013

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caros posted:

Why don't they love me and my MG's! :negative:

I really am hoping the show still gets a mid season upgrade. I really like the Build Strike, but neither it nor the Build Mk2 give me the feeling that they are Sei's masterpiece.

There is a 100% chance there is going to be at least one major upgrade. The Strike and Mk.II are both "first-generation" robots from their respective series. Odds are extremely good we're going to see an upgraded Build for each. Build Zeta is unlikely (they're doing that in a sidestory manga already) but it could easily become Build Nu or Build ZZ or Build Unicorn or something. Strike will probably become Build Freedom or Build Akatsuki. (The latter of which already has a model.) You can expect them to stay in the UC/CE because UC/CE are the 'big sellers' so they're probably not going to end up with Build Exia or something like that.

If it goes long enough you can expect similar upgrades to the other characters, all of whom are also using first-generation MS as their build bases. Gundam XX Maou or Wing Zero Fenice or whatever.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

There is a 100% chance there is going to be at least one major upgrade. The Strike and Mk.II are both "first-generation" robots from their respective series. Odds are extremely good we're going to see an upgraded Build for each. Build Zeta is unlikely (they're doing that in a sidestory manga already) but it could easily become Build Nu or Build ZZ or Build Unicorn or something. Strike will probably become Build Freedom or Build Akatsuki. (The latter of which already has a model.) You can expect them to stay in the UC/CE because UC/CE are the 'big sellers' so they're probably not going to end up with Build Exia or something like that.

If it goes long enough you can expect similar upgrades to the other characters, all of whom are also using first-generation MS as their build bases. Gundam XX Maou or Wing Zero Fenice or whatever.
But what would they use for the Sengoku Astray upgrade? Powered Red Frame? The Mars Jacket?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AradoBalanga posted:

But what would they use for the Sengoku Astray upgrade? Powered Red Frame? The Mars Jacket?

They could do a giant Samurai-themed Power Loader or something like that, or go for the Red Frame Kai or just one of Lowe's goofy-rear end upgrades. The Zeta Flame in the manga is using Lowe's new sword from Destiny Astray R. Red Frame Astray itself is already effectively a kitbash MS so they've got a lot of freedom there. The Red Frame Astray itself is the odd man out as far as protagonist stuff goes because it isn't even from an animated series, but I guess you can chalk that up to Astray's popularity.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

AradoBalanga posted:

I really hope it's the Mars Jacket, because I'd love a kit of that. Also, some fanart of a crossover I'm kind of sad will probably never happen.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
I saw that too. It's all I could ever hope for if it was real.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Iori's mom narrowly edges out AMAZING BOOST as the best part of the episode.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Also, the longer version of Yuuki's theme was amazing. Rock those Spanish guitars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Bimmi posted:

And that fight was indeed tits. Would've been absolutely brutal in any other series.

I really hope we get more crazy visceral fights like that in the tournaments, that was awesome.

• Locked thread