Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

The Leper Colon V posted:

Just pray that Porygon-Z never gets access to the move.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Porygon-Z Boomburst vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey: 302-356 (46.31 - 54.6%) -- 99.61% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Porygon-Z Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 330-390 (46.87 - 55.39%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Just pray that Porygon-Z never gets access to the move.

Scrappy gives him better coverage but jesus christ 135 base sp att + 130 bp + Adaptability without downsides is terrifying.

Stalgren
Mar 22, 2006

Charizard Go!

Mr DJB posted:

Hey guys just a quick question.

Which Pokemon would you consider the cutest in X/Y? I want to build a team of adorable Pokemon and see how they do online.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

horriblePencilist posted:

Scrappy gives him better coverage but jesus christ 135 base sp att + 130 bp + Adaptability without downsides is terrifying.

I think you mean 140 BP. It also 2HKOs Specially Defensive Heatran, 2HKOs Max Sp. Def. Assault Vest Goodra, and OHKOs Bulky Latias. The only thing to stop that monster is Sp. Def. Tyranitar, which is 3HKOd unless it has Assault Vest as well.

Every Ghost in the game can be 2HKOd with Dark Pulse, except for Spiritomb.

Zoran fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Nov 12, 2013

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
So I've been thinking of how moves like Trick-or-Treat and Forest's Curse might be used in double battles. Who do you think would benefit the most from having ghost or grass type tacked on? I thought Bisharp might make a good recipient of Trick-or-Treat considering he'd become immune to fighting which is normally a 4x weakness, but other than that ghost typing doesn't really help much (and actually cancels out some of the resistances it gets from steel and dark).

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Christo posted:

So I've been thinking of how moves like Trick-or-Treat and Forest's Curse might be used in double battles. Who do you think would benefit the most from having ghost or grass type tacked on? I thought Bisharp might make a good recipient of Trick-or-Treat considering he'd become immune to fighting which is normally a 4x weakness, but other than that ghost typing doesn't really help much (and actually cancels out some of the resistances it gets from steel and dark).

Tyranitar can use that ghost typing. Give him immunity to his 4x weakness.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

Christo posted:

wouldn't it only lose ghost and dark resistances, making them neutral- which isn't so bad in exchange for making a 4x weakness into an immunity.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

horriblePencilist posted:

Phantump is cuter than Pumpkaboo. No doubt.

Gourgeist is a hell of a lot cuter than Trevenant though.

Edit:

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Nov 12, 2013

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

Christo posted:

A friend of mine has been using a Chandelure with Fire Blast, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball and something else I don't remember, but using Forest's Curse on it to give it Grass STAB and neutralize it's weakness to ground and water. Also then using Forest's Curse on the enemy to give them a weakness to Fire.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Does King's Rock apply to every hit of a multihit move or am I wasting my item slot on a Skill Link Cinccino?

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

Strange Quark posted:

Does King's Rock apply to every hit of a multihit move or am I wasting my item slot on a Skill Link Cinccino?

It applies to each hit unless they changed it for whatever reason.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

It does apply to each hit, which, according to Smogon, gives Skill Link'd moves an effective flinch rate of 41%. Definitely not unsubstantial, but there's always the standard offensive Life Orb just to do more damage.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Mr DJB posted:

Which Pokemon would you consider the cutest in X/Y? I want to build a team of adorable Pokemon and see how they do online.

Skiddo and Goomy. I audibly "d'awww"ed at the sleeping Skiddo in Luminose City.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Christo posted:

Trick-or-Treat is fantastic on Normal types (immune to Ghost attacks) and works great on Fairy and Fighting types (as they resist Dark types). Use Forest's Curse on bulky Water types (great overall resistances), Flying types (giving them resistance to electric types), and Rock and Steel types (to make Earthquake non-super effective).

I'm trying to write a program to figure out how resistances/weaknesses work with three types but I haven't programed in ages and it's painful :negative:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Inkay is obviously the cutest.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Anyone saying Goomy right now is full of crap.

Sliggoo is much cuter.

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

I'm kind of surprised this worked as well as it did. ukdg-wwww-www2-q5n9

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

No reset bags after 20 minutes of tapping. The golden rule of Pokemon: you never get what you want. The RNG reads minds like The Ocean in Solaris.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

No reset bags after 20 minutes of tapping. The golden rule of Pokemon: you never get what you want. The RNG reads minds like The Ocean in Solaris.

I named my golden Onix One Chainz

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

If you're really nasty/gambling, you then use that locked down foe to set up some Calm Mind or Nasty Plot boosts. Only leaves one attack move, though, which obviously causes problems with coverage.

Yeah, Scrappy Exploud is a superhero. ESPECIALLY with Specs.

Gengar doesn't learn Calm Mind or Nasty Plot.

Scrappy Exploud has a lot of problems with Gengar since it's outsped and OHKOed by Focus Blast. It can use a Scarf to outspeed but that greatly reduces its power against other targets. A better choice to take out Gengar behind a Sub is Infiltrator Crobat, which can switch in to everything but the rare Thunderbolt and OHKO after Sub damage, Roost off the damage from taking an attack or U-Turn out of an expected switch. Infiltrator Noivern can act similarly but has to watch out for Sludge Bomb or Sludge Wave if Stealth Rocks are up.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

WrightOfWay posted:

Scrappy Exploud has a lot of problems with Gengar since it's outsped and OHKOed by Focus Blast.

Venomoth. :shepface:

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
I know fire types cant get burned normally, but does Tricking a Flame Orb on them work?

e: How does Tricking Toxic Orbs to steel types work?

Meat Recital fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Nov 12, 2013

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Meat Recital posted:

I know fire types cant get burned normally, but does Tricking a Flame Orb on them work?

No. Fire type Pokemon simply can not ever be burned.

Meat Recital posted:

e: How does Tricking Toxic Orbs to steel types work?

The Steel type holds the Toxic Orb and nothing happens. It's not just that Steel types are immune to Poison attacks and it just so happens that all Poison status moves are Poison type, Steel types are immune to the Poison status effect itself, same with Fire types being immune to Burn and Electric types being immune to Paralysis.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Well, my quest of getting a shiny protean Froakie has finally come to an end.
And its not even 'mine'

My roommate took pity on my bad luck of nearly 60 boxes with no results, so being a pal decided to try hatching some froakie eggs to hope that 2 files going would better the odds.

I just got a text from them "Male, what nickname? I can send it over when I'm home from work"

Goddammit. I'm happy to finally get one, but I don't even feel relieved. I'm just bummed that it doesn't have my trainer name attached to it, and I didn't get to see it hatch.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Mr DJB posted:

No one mentioned Pancham :colbert:

Raserys fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Nov 12, 2013

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Raserys posted:

No one mentioned Pancham :colbert:

Hohohohohhohohohoholy gently caress. WHo drew this? This is something I want a print of.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

SereneCrimson posted:

Goddammit. I'm happy to finally get one, but I don't even feel relieved. I'm just bummed that it doesn't have my trainer name attached to it, and I didn't get to see it hatch.
I didn't even see my shiny Fennekin hatch either, but that was because I was kind of in-and-out of consciousness and half asleep. I kinda shook myself awake after realizing there was music playing from the 3DS and there it was.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

noirstronaut posted:

Hohohohohhohohohoholy gently caress. WHo drew this? This is something I want a print of.

Here is a higher res version:

Reverse image search shows this deviantart to be the source.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I'm about to go crazy on Walgreen's site.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

How likely is it that Black/White 1 or 2 will go on sale between now and Christmas? I know that Pokemon games are rarely marked down (even the older games), so is the current Amazon price of $25-30 the best I can hope for?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Space Opera posted:

How likely is it that Black/White 1 or 2 will go on sale between now and Christmas? I know that Pokemon games are rarely marked down (even the older games), so is the current Amazon price of $25-30 the best I can hope for?

Craigslist has them for like maybe 10 bucks.

Tepplen
Jan 9, 2012

Words of Friendship!
So I have a breeding question I hope someone can answer. I'm currently breeding a Chespin with Bulletproof. Because I want to put spikes on it I had to grab a male Delibird with Spikes, so far Ive been getting Chespins with bulletproof and all kinds of natures none of them good. So my question becomes this:

If I were to breed a Male with bulletproof and spikes, and have him breed with the female I'm using, would that increase the chances of the child having bulletproof, and would the spikes be passed down since its on the male? The last thing I want to happen is get the nature but not the ability, so any chance of increasing the amount of times I get bulletproof would be great, if such a thing exists.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Mr DJB posted:

Dedenne is super adorable, but it unfortunately only learns Play Rough as it's fairy move. Nuzzle is great for Paralyzingl dudes though.

Cincinno is both adorable and super useful.

I think Politoed is pretty cute too. Swoobat, Leavanny, Lilligant, Emolga, Vivillon, Magcargo, Jumpluff, Delcatty and Quagsire are good choices too, though I might be the only person to find Magcargo and Swoobat cute.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

animaCartographer posted:

So I have a breeding question I hope someone can answer. I'm currently breeding a Chespin with Bulletproof. Because I want to put spikes on it I had to grab a male Delibird with Spikes, so far Ive been getting Chespins with bulletproof and all kinds of natures none of them good. So my question becomes this:

If I were to breed a Male with bulletproof and spikes, and have him breed with the female I'm using, would that increase the chances of the child having bulletproof, and would the spikes be passed down since its on the male? The last thing I want to happen is get the nature but not the ability, so any chance of increasing the amount of times I get bulletproof would be great, if such a thing exists.

Can't you ensure the nature by getting an Everstone? And IIRC, egg moves come from both parents this gen.

Tepplen
Jan 9, 2012

Words of Friendship!

noirstronaut posted:

Can't you ensure the nature by getting an Everstone? And IIRC, egg moves come from both parents this gen.

You can, but I havent been getting it, and about 50% of my chespins come out with overgrowth as their abilities. That eggmove note is something I didn't know however, so thank you for that info.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Nessa posted:

I think Politoed is pretty cute too. Swoobat, Leavanny, Lilligant, Emolga, Vivillon, Magcargo, Jumpluff, Delcatty and Quagsire are good choices too, though I might be the only person to find Magcargo and Swoobat cute.

Magcargo is pro tier adorable 'Mon, don't try to hog Magcargo rights. :colbert: I used one of those goofy little snails from Falkner to Red in SoulSilver and he was easily MVP, too.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag

Lizard Wizard posted:

Aren't you one 'mon short?

No I forgot one, but I think you can only take 3 Pokemon out at once at Ranked, I believe. Anyways, here's my team now I have my 3DS on hand

Lillithid the Malamar
Adamant
Contrary w/ ??????
252Atk/252HP/6Spd
Superpower
Topsy Turvy
Psycho Cut
Night Slash

Freya the Dragonite
Adamant
Multiscale w/ Life Orb
252Atk/252Spd/6HP
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Fire Punch
Earthquake

Iron Maiden the Ferrothorn
Relaxed
Iron Barbs w/ Rocky Helmet
252HP/252Sp.D/6Atk
Bad IVs in Speed
Curse
Stealth Rock
Leech Seed
Gyro Ball

Podoboo the Volcarona
Modest
Flame Body w/ Weakness Policy?
252HP/128Speed/128Def
Quiver Dance
Firey Dance
Roost
Bug Buzz

Lulu the Gothitelle
Modest
Shadow Tag w/ Choice Specs
252Sp.A/252Spd/6HP
Shadow Ball
Psyshock
Thunderbolt
Energy Ball

Necky the Mandibuzz
Jolly
Overcoat w/ Leftovers
252HP/128Sp.Def/64Spd/64Def
Defog
Toxic
Brave Bird
Roost

Is my team good or what? I also can't think of a good name for Gothitelle. Lulu seems really obvious.

Thwack! fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Nov 12, 2013

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
PSA announcement; give your Meowstics some kind of attack. Or at least a mental herb, otherwise the poor thing is going to end up killing itself.

WGPG-WWWW-WWW2-QAX3

Also don't try to sucker punch every single turn.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I just randomly got Pokerus out in the field :woop:

How do I retain this so I can spread it around other Pokemon later? Does it have an expiration date or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Pollyanna posted:

I just randomly got Pokerus out in the field :woop:

How do I retain this so I can spread it around other Pokemon later? Does it have an expiration date or something?

It expires if the Pokemon is in your party and the in-game clock passes midnight. To prevent the expiration, just keep it in your PC box at all times unless you're spreading it around. To spread it around, keep it in your party next to uninfected Pokemon and just get into a few battles. You don't have to fight, you can run, and after a few battles your Pokemon'll be infected.

• Locked thread