Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Fucknag posted:

I hope on wednesday we see an Annie version of the last panel of this page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Tom please, there are apparently blind, deaf, mute children reading this comic who have never heard or seen kissing before.

All that's missing is "I'm nine years old and what is this?"...

That said, I like it more when the GC thread is commentary about GC, rather than metacommentary about GC comments. So of course, I'm doing a metacomment. :v:

But on the other hand, I don't see much to say about the chapter so far. Kat and Paz are cute and funny together, but there isn't much room for speculation about the greater mysteries of the Court.

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Nov 11, 2013

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Disappointed posted:

Wow. What happened to this series??! It used to be so good, now hes turned it into something terrible. This seriously makes me sick

But there's so many of the comments to poke fun at...

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I like how this chapter showed us that progress is actually being made with the bio-robot muscle stuff, without needing to focus on it and instead doing some big character growth.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

SHISHKABOB posted:

I like how this chapter showed us that progress is actually being made with the bio-robot muscle stuff, without needing to focus on it and instead doing some big character growth.
Well, there was progress being made :v:

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.

SHISHKABOB posted:

EXPLODING bio-robot muscle stuff. The best field of science.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Splicer posted:

Well, there was progress being made :v:

But then it turned into something terrible. :laugh:

I love how Paz just sees through everything Kat does. Either Kat is really bad at disguising her motives (she is), or Paz is basically Batman. And then Kat gets her mojo back today.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
:3:

Man, I just love Gunnerkrigg Court. (Something terrible's coming, right. :ohdear:)

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Azran posted:

:3:

Man, I just love Gunnerkrigg Court. (Something terrible's coming, right. :ohdear:)

Yeah, we haven't had a real emotional gutpunch in a while now. We're probably due.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

DaveWoo posted:

Yeah, we haven't had a real emotional gutpunch in a while now. We're probably due.

It's about time for Annie's dad to do something.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

havenwaters posted:

It's about time for Annie's dad to do something.

Apologize for being so distant and promise to never abandon Annie again? Yes.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Warmachine posted:

But then it turned into something terrible. :laugh:

I love how Paz just sees through everything Kat does. Either Kat is really bad at disguising her motives (she is), or Paz is basically Batman. And then Kat gets her mojo back today.

Why not both?

Of course even if Paz is Batman she's better, because I don't think Batman can talk to animals.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.
I didn't plan on saying anything before, but drat. This chapter is just sickeningly cute. :3:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

seravid posted:

Even that would be contentious, I think Annie and maybe Donald are the only people left that don't hate him.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

seravid posted:

Its gonna turn out her dad is part fire elemental too (but less than her mother) and Annie growing has been killing him too, just slower.

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Did I miss anything important?
I drat near forgot about this thread for 150 pages and I see you all bein' sappy. It's really nice to see Kat get somethin'.

I'm hoping we get a panel like in the last Scott Pilgrim book except with Annie.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Let's stop getting negative comments and post good ones!

quote:

And just when you thought it couldn't get cuter... It got 50 times cuter. Squeeeee!

Yay!

quote:

I have to be honest, I was really against this because I didn't think it made sense given the previous actions by the charactersbut who cares? This is really sweet and, having gone back through the archives, it is obvious that this has been coming for a while. Keep up the good work

YAY!!!!

quote:

THIS IS BY FAR THE SEXIEST PAGE EVER! wow I can't calm down. Bless you Tom.

wait no too far go back go back go back

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

They are like 14 years old right?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

razorrozar posted:

Why not both?

Of course even if Paz is Batman she's better, because I don't think Batman can talk to animals.

On the other hand, given his history with the Joker, I don't think Batman is afraid of clowns.

(As for enthusiasm about seeing cows, I give it 50/50.)

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

The 'dorbs are out of control...

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Nitrousoxide posted:

They are like 14 years old right?

Correct. "Adorable" and "cute" are fine, but "sexy" is not a word that should be allowed within 300 feet of Kat and Paz.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

We could hope against hope that that commenter is also in the same age range.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
This thread predicts something terrible happening a lot more than something terrible actually happens, I think.

I hope nothing terrible happens. :(

Abiggoat
Feb 21, 2008

Kill yourself!

Haledjian posted:

This thread predicts something terrible happening a lot more than something terrible actually happens, I think.

I can't really remember that last terrible thing to happen, actually. Robot getting attacked on the roof seemed pretty terrible at the time.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Abiggoat posted:

I can't really remember that last terrible thing to happen, actually. Robot getting attacked on the roof seemed pretty terrible at the time.

Annie's Dad's call and Ysengrin's memory issues.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah generally the terrible things happen when we don't expect them :v:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

But we often get fun times after they happen!

wtsnaename
Dec 20, 2005

And their legs get
stuck in my teeth!
Though lows are very low and the highs are very high, here in Gunnerkrigg Court.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Blackheart posted:

But we often get fun times after they happen!

Cmon Tom, it's Kat Fun Time!

(I just want more goofy dancing and avatar fodder)

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Haledjian posted:

Gunnerkrigg Court Chapter 46: Boxbot Is In This One

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Cat Mattress posted:

Gunnerkrigg Court Chapter 46: Boxbot Is In This One

I'm imagining a chapter like The Stone, except terrible.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
This webcomic is the best comic. And that is all.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
You know what I'd like to see more of? Parley, and her Protector training, and her relationship with Smitty, and her recurring nightmares of a ghost stabbing her to death interactions with Annie & co.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
And development of badass teleporting-sword techniques.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

IronicDongz posted:

And development of badass teleporting-sword techniques.

Eventually she's going to get lazy and just teleport the sword into people instead of fighting them

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Cyphoderus posted:

It legit makes me sad seeing so many people missing the point so hard :(

Are people just that egocentric, in that they think a "character has been ruined" just because it doesn't conform to their expectations? As if their ideal fiction was completely predictable and conformed exactly to their view of the world. That's boring fiction, man! You see it in this thread too, when people are speculating: so many people thinking the comic will go in x direction, when x is what they think should happen, and not, you know, similar to the kind of thing Gunnerkrigg Court has done in the past.

"Let me explain, Mr. Pines. Sometimes, when people like a show, they make up a version inside their heads, and then get mad when the real one doesn't match up!" ~ Alex Hirsch

mfcrocker posted:

(I just want more goofy dancing and avatar fodder)

I want goofy dancing avatars for my fodder (apparently I'm a horse)

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Heavy Zed posted:

"Love makes you act in strange ways"

It was played as a bit of a joke in this chapter but it seems possible this relationship is going to sour the whole "angel/creator" thing Kat has going.

I hope not, I want to see how the robots react to the Angel/Creator having a girlfriend. And Paz reacting to the fact that her girlfriend has a cult of robots who think she's a divine being.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I don't think there's been any suggestions whatsoever that Robot has "feelings" towards Kat that would make him jealous of her and Paz. Robot very explicitly said that he loves Shadow.

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?
Yeah I don't think anyone is implying that.

But the robots as a group make a big deal about Kat and it's not clear yet how Paz will fit into that picture or if she can at all. One really obvious thing that could happen is the robots assuming that Kat will want Paz dead at some point, since that was what love drove Diego to right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Heavy Zed posted:

Yeah I don't think anyone is implying that.

But the robots as a group make a big deal about Kat and it's not clear yet how Paz will fit into that picture or if she can at all. One really obvious thing that could happen is the robots assuming that Kat will want Paz dead at some point, since that was what love drove Diego to right?

Talk about your awkward conversations.