Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Kidney Stone posted:

That either the smallest ZAZ-968M Zaporozhets - or the biggest pigeons ever.

But it might just be Photoshopped?

Right, and next you're gonna tell me that Star Wars isn't real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

dijon du jour posted:

See, the problem with fighting a goose is that while it all goes great in your head when you twist that bird's wormy neck and everyone around you claps and cheers for the park finally being freed from its honking oppressors, when you try it in real life it turns out you're just an rear end in a top hat beating up an oversized duck and traumatizing everyone's kids.
This is an entirely unremarkable German fellow and his friends getting attacked by a swan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0do8ruFgGVU

I think he handles himself just fine and everyone is actually very appreciative of him. Except maybe the swan.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Doctor Bishop posted:

Well, when determining value in Correllians, the first thing we look for of course is if they're alive...

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
He's alive. And in perfect hibernation.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Doctor Bishop posted:

Antiques Roadshow would be amazing if they had little random skits like this. Get actors to donate their time and get more people watching PBS.

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

Choco1980 posted:

Well, when determining value in Correllians, the first thing we look for of course is if they're alive...

He should be quite well preserved...

DryOatmeal
Jan 30, 2009
Found this while puttering around on Steam at work. "Oops".

For those who don't do the whole Steam trading cards thing, someone bought a $0.02 card for $95.00.

I laughed, anyway

Private Eye
Jul 12, 2010

Don't be so bloody gay, Cambo

That's how we do things in Grimsby

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

DryOatmeal posted:

Found this while puttering around on Steam at work. "Oops".

For those who don't do the whole Steam trading cards thing, someone bought a $0.02 card for $95.00.

I laughed, anyway

I've seen that on a few things, it's usually because there's no way of transferring steam wallet funds from one account to another directly, so you use a cheap item in the marketplace as a way to do it.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Same logic for passing funds between factions on WoW.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Here's a guy that tried it and didn't quite succeed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMdhAFPWzFw

It looks like the goose was expecting him to pay a toll. I also expected the other goose that was sneaking up behind him to get in on the action.

Effingham
Aug 1, 2006

The bells of the Gion Temple echo the impermanence of all things...

VendaGoat posted:

Why do you hate geese so much?

I make it a point to serve one for dinner every Christmas. It's my way of getting back at the little bastards. One bird at a time.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Effingham posted:

I make it a point to serve one for dinner every Christmas. It's my way of getting back at the little bastards. One bird at a time.

Well it's nice to know that someone would invite a Goose to Christmas Dinner. I'm glad there are still good people in this world.

Also, I can't imagine they are expensive to feed, they eat like birds.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Effingham posted:

Does goose taste at all like swan?

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

The Ape of Naples posted:

More importantly, does it taste similar to chicken?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

They all taste like ham.

BrownieMinusEye
Apr 22, 2008

Oven Wrangler

The Ape of Naples posted:

My Grandma has a recipe for goose from back during the depression. You cook the goose on a wooden shingle in the oven for a few hours. You take it out of the oven, throw away the goose and eat the shingle.

I don't think she liked goose.

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Roadies know where to focus the spotlight.

Private Eye posted:

That's how we do things in Grimsby

For non-Grimbarians, this is the same paper that had a front-page story about street drinking and an advert for a free pint on page 8.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

http://gawker.com/virginia-newspaper-apologizes-for-the-word-loving-in-1168628858

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
In my mind, I'm never gonna die to no goose. Absolutely never. A goose turns around and pecks me in the head the fight's on. If it cuts me the fight's on, if I'm bit the fight is on. I am not losing no fight to no scumbag goose out there in no pond. Period. That's it. No son of a bitch goose out there is gonna get me. The only way it gets me is peck my head off and I mean that. I'll fight you till i got no breath left in me. I don't think any of those animals in that pond can beat me. I've gone that way for 18 years of park service, park duty and that's where I'm gonna keep on going. Don't lose the fight.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

IM_DA_DECIDER posted:

In my mind, I'm never gonna die to no goose. Absolutely never. A goose turns around and pecks me in the head the fight's on. If it cuts me the fight's on, if I'm bit the fight is on. I am not losing no fight to no scumbag goose out there in no pond. Period. That's it. No son of a bitch goose out there is gonna get me. The only way it gets me is peck my head off and I mean that. I'll fight you till i got no breath left in me. I don't think any of those animals in that pond can beat me. I've gone that way for 18 years of park service, park duty and that's where I'm gonna keep on going. Don't lose the fight.

So long as it goes on youtube, it's win win for me.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
So I've seen this going around, a bunch of posers for classic movies all based off the same simple geometric form. Some of them are pretty good, but then I got to the one for The Hurt Locker and snorted beer:

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Phanatic posted:

So I've seen this going around, a bunch of posers for classic movies all based off the same simple geometric form. Some of them are pretty good, but then I got to the one for The Hurt Locker and snorted beer:

Looks like a burning butthole to me personally. If I didn't know what the hurt locker was I might just assume that made sense.

Effingham
Aug 1, 2006

The bells of the Gion Temple echo the impermanence of all things...

Phanatic posted:

Ummm... why? Am I missing something?

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Effingham posted:

The joke

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

What the hell man? The vagina is the best amusement park of all.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Effingham posted:

I am going to guess that the original creator intended it to be an explosion, but it could also be interpreted as an asterisk. Which might be amusing to military nerds who couldn't suspend disbelief at some of the depictions of how the military operates in the situations depicted in the movie.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
IT'S AN ANUS

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

muike posted:

IT'S AN ANUS

It's representative of a crossroads that leads people towards other paths in their lives.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

muike posted:

IT'S AN ANUS

That's your answer for everything.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Captain_Maclaine posted:

That's your answer for everything.

Isn't it enough?

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

muike posted:

IT'S AN ANUS

This checks out.

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?

Vanderdeath posted:

This checks out.

NSFW that poo poo.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
Saw this at a local hospital today. Still wondering how they clock that.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Captain Trips posted:

Saw this at a local hospital today. Still wondering how they clock that.

It's like that to make you notice it. And you posted a picture of it on the internet so I'd say mission accomplished.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Is that Dan Inosanto?

• Locked thread