Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I'm almost sure the Doc's hands being messed up was a plot point in a Doctor Strange mini series. I can't remember if it was in Dr. Strange: The Oath or Dr. Strange: The Flight of Bones.

Part of the plot of that was Stephen's refusal to engage in physical therapy (since he was focusing on his magic) was causing his hands to worsen, and thus effecting his magic abilities.

As for the picture, I think the funniest thing (apart from Dr. Doom putting on surgical gloves over his massive death armoured hands) is how badass and ready for surgery Doctor Octopus looks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Stuck in an anti-magic field, Doc gets ready for a fistfight (from The Oath #5).

He certainly didn't get plastic surgery for his scars.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

WickedHate posted:

Dr. Strange knows martial arts? That pretty much makes him a DBZ character. That's awesome.

When I think of Dr. Strange the Martial Artist, that scene is the one that comes to mind:

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Man, you guys are exaggerating about the blood thirsty heroes of the silver age....

Source: Random Early Detecive Comics issues.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
That's a pretty Stardusty thing to say, Batman.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Metal Loaf posted:

That's a pretty Stardusty thing to say, Batman.

The first appearance of Batman has him straight throw a guy off a roof.

He also straight up shoots a vampire with a gun using silver bullets, because Batman has vampires and werewolves confused.

theflyingorc fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Nov 12, 2013

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

In the new game Arkham Origins, one of the street thugs complains at one point about all the supervillains/assassins etc with,"Man I miss the old days when we used to just steal TVs."

Now I'd like to think I cut him off before he could finish with,".....or kidnapped monkeys and set them loose in the streets as a distraction while we robbed a bank."

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

theflyingorc posted:

He also straight up shoots a vampire with a gun using silver bullets, because Batman has vampires and werewolves confused.

Vampire can be vulnerable to silver as well, depending on who is writing them.

Monkey-based murder probably deserves instant execution anyway.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

E the Shaggy posted:

Man, you guys are exaggerating about the blood thirsty heroes of the silver age....

Source: Random Early Detecive Comics issues.

I really wish every random fight in the Arkham games ended with Batman muttering "He's probably better off this way."

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

theflyingorc posted:

Look at this loser who has never seen Blade 1 or 2, the greatest superhero movies out there.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

theflyingorc posted:

The first appearance of Batman has him straight throw a guy off a roof.

Batman also loves causing car accidents.

Detective Comics 41

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

FredMSloniker posted:

Except for the whole hand thing that led him to become a sorcerer in the first place. Or did he fix that at some point?

Yes, it's come up at several points that he's long since healed his own hands and has been called upon to perform surgery several times since then. Brian K. Vaughn ignored this when he wrote The Oath, but ignoring it led to a pretty cool scene so it was completely worth it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dark Cybertron #1

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

The MSJ posted:

Vampire can be vulnerable to silver as well, depending on who is writing them.

Monkey-based murder probably deserves instant execution anyway.

I forgot to mention that the vampire is sleeping at the time.

I'm no expert, but when you encounter a sleeping vampire, you put a stake in its heart. You don't melt down silver candle holders, fashion them into bullets, and then (as Batman) shoot a defenseless creature at point blank range.

I actually haven't ever watched the Blade movies but there's a difference between silver working on vampires and that being Batman's first plan.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

I forgot to mention that the vampire is sleeping at the time.

I'm no expert, but when you encounter a sleeping vampire, you put a stake in its heart. You don't melt down silver candle holders, fashion them into bullets, and then (as Batman) shoot a defenseless creature at point blank range.

Hey if you're melting silver anyway why not just slosh it in there?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I believe liquid dog poo poo also works.

Source: http://twiststreet.com/2011/06/dracula-on/

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Hahaha, that Transformers panel with that last page about killing Dracula, oh God, what is that book? I can't access twitter from work I think.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Gatts posted:

Hahaha, that Transformers panel with that last page about killing Dracula, oh God, what is that book? I can't access twitter from work I think.
Having clicked on it? It's sorta like Archer, if ISIS was a Dracula-hunting agency.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

SynthOrange posted:

I believe liquid dog poo poo also works.

Source: http://twiststreet.com/2011/06/dracula-on/

This is the dumbest, most childish poo poo, and I just about died laughing. His Insensitive Veterinarians is pretty good too.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

TwoPair posted:

Batman also loves causing car accidents.

Detective Comics 41

The "brother" made me read his line as Hulk Hogan, which is how I will read all Batman dialogue from now on.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

from Strange Adventures 137

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Gatts posted:

Look closer at the link, it's not twitter. :v:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Nahxela posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOtpeYERu9w
Here you go.

Also have a thing from Wizard Magazine

Who is this owl?

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Beachcomber posted:

Who is this owl?

It's Dr. Whooo.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Beachcomber posted:

Who is this owl?

Doctor Mid-Nite owns an owl that wears a camera, which feeds into Doc's goggles.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Injustice: Gods Among Us Annual #1 is awesome, guys.

Then later...

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Man, Ollie still looks like he's wearing an oven mitt on his head.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Another from Superior Foes of Spider-Man #5, let's take a look at the Owl's base.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gavok posted:

Then later...

Why is the hell is Injustice more lighthearted and fun than the mainline universe?!

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Gavok posted:

Then later...

That's pretty good stuff. A little cheesecakey but funny enough to carry it.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Trast posted:

Netherrealm Studios' character designers are more to blame for that.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Trast posted:

I don't see anything cheesecake besides a brief shot of Harley's cleavage, which totally fits with her character anyways.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Suben posted:

Another from Superior Foes of Spider-Man #5, let's take a look at the Owl's base.

...Is it wrong I'm hearing sound effects from Streets of Rage and Final Fight just looking at this?

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Bloodly posted:

...Is it wrong I'm hearing sound effects from Streets of Rage and Final Fight just looking at this?

Lieber himself said that in a better world the digital version of that page would've been a full-on side scroller.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
Wow, no copy-paste on those Injustice panels surprised me

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

MVP posted:

Wow, no copy-paste on those Injustice panels surprised me

The fact that the editor doesn't know the difference between "discrete" and "discreet" didn't.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

ImpAtom posted:

Why is the hell is Injustice more lighthearted and fun than the mainline universe?!

Those panels just make me think that Felicity Smoake would make a decent Harley Quinn.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Presumably because it's a tie-in that the big wigs don't give a poo poo about.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Those facial expressions are wonderful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Mister Roboto posted:

I don't see anything cheesecake besides a brief shot of Harley's cleavage, which totally fits with her character anyways.

Well I did say just little cheesecakey. And when I think of Harley I think of her in the DCAU/Bruce Timm art way.

• Locked thread