Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Rhyno posted:

Dude needs to get some breath mints man. When I can see a person's breath it's a problem.

In all seriousness, I hope if the BSS modship ever changes that you get it.

CapnAndy was the highwater point for BSS moderation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

jscolon2.0 posted:

CapnAndy was the highwater point for BSS moderation.

You know, as many issues as I had with the guy (we're cool now) you're not far off. OMGWTFBBQ was a chill rear end dude though.

Wolvorine
Nov 15, 2011

I am not drawing that.

Senerio posted:

Amell's new facebook cover image. I'm excited.

He justs so damned young, like young enough to be Ollie's little brother. I'm going to give it a fair shot, but they have some work to make me believe that kid's a police scientist (if they go the traditional Barry secret ID route).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wolvorine posted:

He justs so damned young, like young enough to be Ollie's little brother. I'm going to give it a fair shot, but they have some work to make me believe that kid's a police scientist (if they go the traditional Barry secret ID route).

It might be his first week on the job or he's interning or something.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Make up and lighting can do pretty amazing things. Make someone look 5-10 years older is pretty run of the mill for those guys I imagine.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFQsq9SLJHY

Just pointing out that this was his last role. He played up every stereotype of a predatory, rapey homosexual.

And yet as a fanboy he may well be creepier here.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Really? Too young looking? On a show where first Tommy then Thea run a night club with zero experience, Laurel is some hot shot attorney, Felicity is a computer wizard, Ollie is a CEO of a gigantic company, and Summer Glau is in charge of the other half of said company? This kid is going to be the one that you just don't buy as being old/experienced enough for whatever his field is?

Wolvorine
Nov 15, 2011

I am not drawing that.

VDay posted:

Really? Too young looking? On a show where first Tommy then Thea run a night club with zero experience, Laurel is some hot shot attorney, Felicity is a computer wizard, Ollie is a CEO of a gigantic company, and Summer Glau is in charge of the other half of said company? This kid is going to be the one that you just don't buy as being old/experienced enough for whatever his field is?

Considering that he Looks younger than Thea... yeah, pretty much.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Flash is also a straight up genius

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

VDay posted:

To be fair, he is younger than a lot of the cast. He falls into the Willa Holland range.

But he'll be fine. It was mentioned that they're going for a very dorky technician personality for Barry Allen, like a male Felicity. He'll fit that more than pretty much all the other actors they were looking at.

As for his looks, I think folks tend not to remember that the most well-known Barry Allen from that old TV show wasn't very blond either.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

Flash is also a straight up genius

Oh yeah, like building a machine that transforms his speed into a vortex that breaks the time barrier makes him a genius.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't care what he looks like to a point, the dickhead they are looking at for Dick Grayson couldn't be more off base.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Do we know when he will become the Flash on the show? Because Roy Harper is supposed to be an archer with a robo arm, and I see nothing of the sort right now. Compared to the lightning speed the plot is moving forward each season, they are taking their time with Roy. I like it, but it makes me wonder how long it will take for the Flash to don a superhero costume. My only hope is the constant mentioning of the particle accelerator, so I guess it could go really fast (ha!) if the writers want it to.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Torrannor posted:

Do we know when he will become the Flash on the show? Because Roy Harper is supposed to be an archer with a robo arm, and I see nothing of the sort right now. Compared to the lightning speed the plot is moving forward each season, they are taking their time with Roy. I like it, but it makes me wonder how long it will take for the Flash to don a superhero costume. My only hope is the constant mentioning of the particle accelerator, so I guess it could go really fast (ha!) if the writers want it to.

Roy's also supposed to be a junkie and have a daughter with an international terrorist.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

Roy's also supposed to be a junkie and have a daughter with an international terrorist.

He also lost the arm in 2009 in the same story that his daughter dies. The show is never going to do it and we have no idea how they are going to do the Roy Harper story, other than there is a good chance he is going start being trained by Ollie this season.

Wolvorine
Nov 15, 2011

I am not drawing that.

Rocksicles posted:

I don't care what he looks like to a point, the dickhead they are looking at for Dick Grayson couldn't be more off base.

Wait... whowhatwhere now?!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

He also lost the arm in 2009 in the same story that his daughter dies. The show is never going to do it and we have no idea how they are going to do the Roy Harper story, other than there is a good chance he is going start being trained by Ollie this season.

Well the point of my post was that there's lots of poo poo that is "supposed" to happen that quite obviously isn't going to.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wolvorine posted:

Cavil vs Batfleck. The are casting for Nightwing. some tool from Girls is a contender

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Wolvorine posted:

Rocksicles posted:

Cavil vs Batfleck. The are casting for Nightwing. some tool from Girls is a contender

His name is Adam Driver.

And supposedly he's being looked at to play Nightwing specifically.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dc's Peter Parker yall. :golfclap:

Wolvorine
Nov 15, 2011

I am not drawing that.

BreakAtmo posted:

His name is Adam Driver.

And supposedly he's being looked at to play Nightwing specifically.

Words... there are just no words for this...

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Don't worry, everyone knows it's going to be Justin Bieber.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

VDay posted:

Don't worry, everyone knows it's going to be Justin Bieber.

He'll be busy as Bleep.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The Man of Steel sequel has nothing to do with this show as of this point. Let's not drag it into this thread.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Grant Gustin is 23, and Barry was around 23 when he started out as the Flash (in the new 52 anyway, I think he's like late 20s currently and he started out 'five years ago'). On top of that I think I read that he's just an intern when Ollie first meets him in this show and he won't become a proper police scientist/forensic scientist until a bit later so I think it checks out fine.

AFoolAndHisMoney fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Nov 12, 2013

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

VDay posted:

Tommy, Thea, Ollie and I assume Summer Glau's character all have inherited wealth so that kind of sets what they get to do with life.

I think 23 is young, and this guy looks young but then I remember at 23 I was done university for a year and 9 months and had 10 direct reports. So what do I know.

Keeku
Jun 3, 2005

Regarding Nightwing, anyone know if there's any truth to this? https://twitter.com/McQueeninchains

Two tweets, both tagging Arrow writers.

"Nightwing training @ARROWwriters @GBerlanti @KyleDHiggins @RapaportCasting pic.twitter.com/1YN5IrBVC4"

(he is wearing a Nightwing shirt, so may just be referencing that...)

"Had some superhero conversations with the executives this weekend @ARROWwriters"

Either way, based on that photo I could believe him as Grayson more than that nose guy photo that was posted earlier in this thread.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
DC is going to make a Teen Titans/Titans movie before they make a Justice League movie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wasn't there some Graysons show in development?

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
That's the brother from Vampire Diaries, right? I could see him as Nightwing.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Cityinthesea posted:

That's the brother from Vampire Diaries, right? I could see him as Nightwing.

Aww gently caress I just realized you are right. Better than the brother from Revenge I guess.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Aww gently caress I just realized you are right. Better than the brother from Revenge I guess.

That is not Ian Somerhalder (however you spell his name).

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

That is not Ian Somerhalder (however you spell his name).

No Nina Dobrev's brother. Though Ian Somerhalder should be contractually obligated to appear in all CW shows.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Keeku posted:

Regarding Nightwing, anyone know if there's any truth to this? https://twitter.com/McQueeninchains

Two tweets, both tagging Arrow writers.

"Nightwing training @ARROWwriters @GBerlanti @KyleDHiggins @RapaportCasting pic.twitter.com/1YN5IrBVC4"

(he is wearing a Nightwing shirt, so may just be referencing that...)

"Had some superhero conversations with the executives this weekend @ARROWwriters"

Either way, based on that photo I could believe him as Grayson more than that nose guy photo that was posted earlier in this thread.

Jesus, please no.
I hate this kid so much.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Deakul posted:

Jesus, please no.
I hate this kid so much.

This is one of the problems with being new to the TVIV and TV in general; I have no clue what peoples' beefs are with Pretty Boy #587. I lack the knowledge of their history to know who to hate in the casting phase. :(

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Warmachine posted:

This is one of the problems with being new to the TVIV and TV in general; I have no clue what peoples' beefs are with Pretty Boy #587. I lack the knowledge of their history to know who to hate in the casting phase. :(

Well he had terrible emo bullshit storylines on TVD and always had a stupid look on his face and was looking through his hair and his head looks like a baby head on a big buff body.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

zoux posted:

Well he had terrible emo bullshit storylines on TVD and always had a stupid look on his face and was looking through his hair and his head looks like a baby head on a big buff body.

Sounds like a good fit for Nightwing

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The only real test for someone who wants to play Nightwing: can they rock a righteous mullet?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

zoux posted:

That's pretty much the entire cast and plotline of TVD, so hard to blame the actor for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Phylodox posted:

The only real test for someone who wants to play Nightwing: can they rock a righteous mullet?

Nightwing doesn't need a hood, either, his righteous 70's popped collar blocks out any light trying to shine on his face.

• Locked thread