Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Soooooo... Enemy Unknown doesn't work anymore for me. Perhaps when Within launches it will, but I was literally on the last mission of my Classic game and wanted to wrap it up before the launch. Game tries to launch and then says it stopped working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
First a 10GB patch, now another 7.2 GB... gently caress this poo poo, I'm going to bed :colbert:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
7.2GB patch that'll finish in 3 minutes, pretty sure you're not actually downloading all that poo poo guys.

e: woops, nevermind, jumped up to 30 minutes at 2.9MB/s.

TheQuad
Jan 16, 2009

epitasis posted:

Got a 50mb patch but still no new content haha.

Same, it lists Enemy Within on the DLC tab, but the game just launches to plain ol' Enemy Unknown.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I do not remember what wonderful goon made this image for one of the older X-Com threads. But here it is once more, soon to be our glorious reality.

EDIT: As ever, I had to restart steam to get it to start a download. Did it for the pre midnight 4 gig thing. Had to do it again for this 7 gig show.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Nov 12, 2013

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Eej posted:

7.2GB patch that'll finish in 3 minutes, pretty sure you're not actually downloading all that poo poo guys.

e: woops, nevermind, jumped up to 30 minutes at 2.9MB/s.

I've downloaded 800+ meg of it already. Guess I'll go to bed. And then work. And maybe play tomorrow night! :smith:

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.

TopHatGenius posted:

7.2 gig download what the gently caress.
Weird, I'm not getting the 7.2GB download, after restarting Steam multiple times. Perhaps it's a regional server thing.

So let's get the download history organized:

If you already had XCOM:EU installed then this should occur:

1st: 4 GB download from earlier this evening
2nd: 50 MB download of ??????
3rd: 7 GB download ?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Count me as another who's game is probably busted I don't know. It downloaded the 50mb patch is still giving me original game and won't download the 7gb for the expansion. :iiam:

Kin33
Jul 3, 2007

Where is your god now?
7.2GB patch after the 4GB one barely finished in time. Usually I download off steam at 6MB/s but tonight its struggling to break .5MB/s. Guess this is for the best because I gotta show up on time for work tomorrow.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Yeah I'm not getting the 7gb download to trigger either.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I gave up and deleted the whole game and am redownloading the entire thing. Says 21GB now instead of like 14 from an hour ago.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
50 minutes to download :shepicide:

I was hoping to get some play in before I have to get up for work.

Also, usually restarting steam will make it realize it's supposed to update. It worked for me.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

cheesetriangles posted:

I gave up and deleted the whole game and am redownloading the entire thing. Says 21GB now instead of like 14 from an hour ago.

I guess you really didn't want to play tonight? :psyduck:

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

year199X posted:

Also, usually restarting steam will make it realize it's supposed to update. It worked for me.

Yeah since the 50.8 meg patch I've restarted steam like ten times. It hasn't worked.

I'm going to validate files and if that doesn't work I'll reinstall like cheesetriangles.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

/\ I'm in the same boat as you.

I'm watching this dude on twitch start a new vanilla game while he thinks he's playing the expansion.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

On one hand, 7 gig patch.

On the other, more time to play EU4!

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

NotALizardman posted:

Yeah since the 50.8 meg patch I've restarted steam like ten times. It hasn't worked.

I'm going to validate files and if that doesn't work I'll reinstall like cheesetriangles.
Hmm, I guess we have to blame the Steam people for this, if getting EW installed requires a fresh install. I already had the original XCOM: EU installed on a new machine, so I just expected a DLC-type update.

I'm going to wait to take any action until tomorrow evening, see if anything new comes up (whether announced or not).

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

My steam decided to smoke some meth or something and rocket through the 7gb patch at 7.5mbps. I guess I'll see if it works.

Edit: It does.

Edit 2: :smug:

Artless Meat fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Nov 12, 2013

WraithMind
Jan 26, 2011
I had to verify the cache to get my 50meg 7gig patch to start up.

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

WraithMind posted:

I had to verify the cache to get my 50meg 7gig patch to start up.
Ok, thanks, let me give that a try.

EDIT: During verification it's triggering some downloads. I can't see what because I'm waiting for the cache-verification to complete...

Catts
Nov 3, 2011
Restarted Steam a bunch. It still won't download <:mad:>

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Verifying the cache just gives me the 9mb update over and over.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Artless Meat posted:

My steam decided to smoke some meth or something and rocket through the 7gb patch at 7.5mbps. I guess I'll see if it works.

Edit: It does.

Edit 2: :smug:

Yeah probably because you're one of the few lucky ones not competing for bandwidth.

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

epitasis posted:

Verifying the cache just gives me the 9mb update over and over.
Yeah, I have the same issue. Well, at least one of us has it (Artless Meat).

Dirk Dingleberry
Mar 21, 2001

Support your local privateer
Eep, getting a "failure to find default engine .ini file" message on launch after the update. Mac OSX 10.7.5 Steam install.
:bang:

I'm all coffee'd up and want to rocket punch things while wearing a fedora!

EDIT: GMG purchased code

Dirk Dingleberry fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Nov 12, 2013

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

nnnotime posted:

Yeah, I have the same issue. Well, at least one of us has it (Artless Meat).

Verified and just got the 9 meg patch again. :sigh:

Guess I'll try again if it's working for other people.

\/ Yeah I got it from GMG and it's not working.

NotALizardman fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Nov 12, 2013

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Steam forum seems to think people that bought it on Steam are having it working and people that bought it on GMG are the ones getting screwed. I bought it on GMG and have it not working my friend that bought it on Steam has it working. Anyone care to chime in with their experiences?

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Haha why the gently caress is this game 20 GB.

Kin33
Jul 3, 2007

Where is your god now?
This probably isn't the problem but I figured I'd mention it because my friend was doing it: are you people fully exiting out of steam or just minimizing it to the tray?

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

It sounds like the people not getting the update were the ones that bought from GMG.

edit:

cheesetriangles posted:

Steam forum seems to think people that bought it on Steam are having it working and people that bought it on GMG are the ones getting screwed. I bought it on GMG and have it not working my friend that bought it on Steam has it working. Anyone care to chime in with their experiences?

Same here. GMG buyer.

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

cheesetriangles posted:

I got it from steam and it worked for me, so there might be some truth to this.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

WYA posted:

I wonder if that's because it includes all the different voice packs automatically. I was under the impression you had to download it seperately.

...Man, if it's 20 gigs plus the different voice packs, this game is going to be humungous big.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer

:argh:

cheesetriangles posted:

Well I bought it through steam, so this semi confirms this theory.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Yeah now people are coming out saying they got it from steam and not getting it, so gently caress this poo poo.

Catts
Nov 3, 2011
I bought it on GMG, no patch.

Friend of my bought it on Steam, his is patching.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
I bought it on GMG and am currently in the 4GB patch part, if that says anything.

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy
GMG is based in the UK -- maybe their keys are tied to the UK somehow? Doesn't come out there until Friday.

seal it with a kiss
Sep 14, 2007

:3

Chexoid posted:

I bought it on GMG and am currently in the 4GB patch part, if that says anything.

That triggered for people who hadn't even bought the expansion.

Bought from GMG, nothing yet :(

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

WYA posted:

20GB of cyborg parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

I'm a GMG purchase, too. I'm going to uninstall and re-install, see what happens...

EDIT: Only getting a 9GB install and not 21GB. So perhaps the GMG key won't trigger the download until the UK release (as mentioned a few posts above mine).

nnnotime fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Nov 12, 2013

• Locked thread