Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Steam buyer/user here, I'm about to start playing :toot:

Had to restart my client to get it to recognize it needed the 7gb patch though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

nnnotime posted:

I'm a GMG purchase, too. I'm going to uninstall and re-install, see what happens...

Don't do it. The base game is 9.6GB while EU+EW is 18GB.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Everyone here doing Classic Ironman?

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

WYA posted:

Haha why the gently caress is this game 20 GB.

19.5GB of hi res hat textures.

Kin33
Jul 3, 2007

Where is your god now?

WYA posted:

Its the only way to play imo.

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.

Gyoru posted:

Thanks, but too late :suicide: It's not an issue, as I suspect this GMG key won't unlock for a few days.

EDIT: Welp, no updates to the Implassic Mod until this GMG key issue gets sorted out. Perhaps by this upcoming weekend if the GMG key is tied to the UK release.

EDIT: Read a few posts later this could be Steam related to how they handle the keys and not GMG-specific.

nnnotime fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Nov 12, 2013

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

I bought it on Steam. Patching...patching...patching...fuuuuck.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Kin33 posted:

Its the only way to play imo.

Honorcode regular classic.

XCOM has never been bug free enough to go Ironman and lose so much progress. And I doubt a whole new expansion, on its very first night, is going to be magically bug free.

(Just finished downloading :toot:)

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

7.2 GB download as well (oh gently caress it's happening) but I can't play tonight anyway, so... Gonna enjoy me some enemies within tomorrow!

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
BRB killing aliens

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Finally got an update to start...and it's the 4GB one :bang:

Kin33
Jul 3, 2007

Where is your god now?
Anyone have any idea how long it takes to see the new content?

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Kin33 posted:

Anyone have any idea how long it takes to see the new content?

Immediately. You get meld in the first mission and can research it from there.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Gyoru posted:

Started reinstalling and it's just downloading the base game, I guess. :bang:

I really hope this isn't some release date fuckery with GMG. :sigh:

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Seems to be not release date related but rather retail key related. Amazon, Gamestop, Gamefly, etc... everywhere including US based stores are having issues activating.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

WYA posted:

Probably Classic Second Wave, but without iron man. Don't want to restart a billion times this time around and I'm not really going to try for an early satellite rush any more than just "build some stats, an uplink, get engineers, see what happens".

I wonder if I should do my first runthrough of Enemy Within with randomized skills or not. :getin:

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Nov 12, 2013

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I reinstalled the game and still no go. Thanks a lot GMG.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Why would where you get it matter to patches and file sizes? Doesn't it all come down to just a steam key?

(Downloading the 7.2 gig patch. 1.2 gigs to go)

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!
Guys what should I do here? :confused:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

LordNad posted:

I guess we have the option to either play Vanilla or with the expansion. Which is kind of cool for those weird people who do not like expansions and/or the expansion sucks.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I reinstalled the game and still no go. Thanks a lot GMG.

Yeah, I did the same thing, no dice.

Freakin' GMG. I hope I don't have to wait the UK release date for this.

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

LordNad posted:

Pick the Blue menu option, and you forget everything that has happened and go back to your everyday life.

But pick the Red menu option, and Kansas goes bye-bye.

(Yes, that was a poor reinterpretation of the pill scene from The Matrix, sorry).

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
Just goin' the lazy normal no ironman route for the first third, then after the alien base I'll kick it up to classic to keep the difficulty up. I'm very disappointed that there is no option to select what drat class your soldiers get on promotions. Also now I have to re-apply my only Americans fix.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Cosmic Afro posted:

Freakin' GMG. I hope I don't have to wait the UK release date for this.

It seems to be affecting anyone who has a retail key and a few people with steam store keys, so that's hopefully not the issue.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
I like the idea of meld, however the fact that it expects me to get across to the other side of the map in a handful of turns to collect it, seems horribly unfair. Also the fact you can only acquire meld when you have an action left (before you could run and interact with something) makes it even more difficult. Further complicating this issue is the fact that the meld canister will blow up if so much as a mild breeze blows on it makes it worse.

I am 3 missions into a classic game, and i still have not acquired a single meld container. Every single one has ether died from stray bullets/overwatch, or has expired before i could find it.

I like the idea of meld, i dislike the fact that the AI likes to use it as cover, and the fact that it dies to regular bullets.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

UberJumper posted:

I like the idea of meld, however the fact that it expects me to get across to the other side of the map in a handful of turns to collect it, seems horribly unfair. Also the fact you can only acquire meld when you have an action left (before you could run and interact with something) makes it even more difficult. Further complicating this issue is the fact that the meld canister will blow up if so much as a mild breeze blows on it makes it worse.

I am 3 missions into a classic game, and i still have not acquired a single meld container. Every single one has ether died from stray bullets/overwatch, or has expired before i could find it.

I like the idea of meld, i dislike the fact that the AI likes to use it as cover, and the fact that it dies to regular bullets.

It's to encourage you to rush a little and play fast and loose. If you get every meld cannister you get a huge, simply massive advantage but in order to do so you gotta take risks. Personally I think I'll cultivate a few assaults with lightning reflexes backed up by smoke canisters to rush forward and claim them.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Is anyone else not seeing cover icons near their mouse?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Hell yeah new XCOM expansion let's do this, sweet a meld tutorial mission that basically shovels meld into my fat stupid face, awesome. Let's spin the globe and get this pain train started oh god my first mission is the graveyard bomb disposal what the gently caress.

Squaddies got poo poo done, 4-damage reaction shots on Thin Men. :xcom:

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
My previously full install is showing 5.5 / 16.7Gb.. Thats a lot of downloading :stare:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Patched right up and ready to play this on the EU release on Friday. I'm still going to try a VPN when I get home though because it could work :v:

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid

UberJumper posted:

In the first mission you get one for free. The first mission is consistently the same; I've played three different starts and gotten the exact same thing. Same map with the two adjacent restaurants, three sectoids, and two meld canisters. And it automatically promotes all four of your rookies at the end.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM
I've had to install this update 3x now on Steam - what gives?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Demiurge4 posted:

Patched right up and ready to play this on the EU release on Friday. I'm still going to try a VPN when I get home though because it could work :v:

I bought EW through the Aussie Steam store and just jumped onto a US VPN. No download at all, plus the game now won't launch. Best of both worlds.

:xcom:

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
loving finally, UFO crash missions not set in the forest. Words cannot describe my jubilation.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What the... TWO DAYS TIL THE AUSTRALIAN RELEASE? Goddammit! :australia:

Rynex
Sep 26, 2007

The new options for character customization are great. Getting meld in the first few missions seems pretty easy so far, but I can tell later on that you're going to be burning through rookies just to grab them.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Awww. I'm still getting the classic start-menu even after tackling the patch. :sigh:

Debating whether to try tinkering with it or just going off to bed. Was so pumped to pull an all-nighter too...

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Generic American posted:

Awww. I'm still getting the classic start-menu even after tackling the patch. :sigh:

Debating whether to try tinkering with it or just going off to bed. Was so pumped to pull an all-nighter too...

If you've restarted Steam a few times / verified the game cache and it won't download, you just have to wait with the rest of us until Valve figures out what's up with our product keys.

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Generic American posted:

You may as well go to bed. I've been tinkering with it for over an hour and no effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

:patriot:

• Locked thread