Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tkytko
Jul 15, 2007

"Hisui-chan~, it seems a few things broke."

"... Nee-san, please refrain from cleaning again."

Rythe posted:

Also can anybody identify this set?

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=4436-1

Also nice haul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Anybody have a spare Tiki Warrior and/or Rollerskate Waitress from Series 11? Those are the two I'm still missing. PM me with some prices.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

That is a neat little set, will be nice with the rest of the city stuff. I haven't had much chance to play with the Friends line yet but I am loving the color schemes the bricks have, still hate the mini figs but the colors more then make up for that.

Rathina
Jan 8, 2001
Even my 2 year old daughter hates the 'friends' mini figures. She would much rather play with the regular mini figures.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Aww yeah, finally got another MOC done after a while of inactivity :feelsgood:

Originally this started out as an attempt at a smooth and streamlined ship with lots of big flat surfaces, ended up slapping the occasional greeble on there. Not entirely happy with the front gun assembly but this works for my purposes. Need to retool some parts of it and get the part count down, once i have some money i'm probably gonna build this.(need to change the colour scheme as well)

Vic-Type - Nnovvember by AzMiLion, on Flickr

Vic-Type - Nnovvember by AzMiLion, on Flickr

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57611760-1/tortoise-gets-lego-wheel-prosthetic-for-missing-leg/

quote:

Schildi the tortoise was found in rough shape in Germany. He was abandoned and missing part of his front leg. What was left of the leg was in such bad condition, it had to be amputated at the shoulder. German veterinary clinic Bird Consulting International took care of Schildi, but had to figure out how to make him mobile again.

"Tortoises need to run free in gardens, so he needed a prosthetic," veterinarian Panagiotis Azmanis told The Local. Fortunately, the vet's office had a toy box on hand. Azmanis dug around and emerged with a set of Lego wheels and blocks.

The Lego block is held in place using surgical glue on the underside of the tortoise's shell. This also means extra blocks can be added over time as the critter grows. A Hermann's tortoise can typically grow up to 8 inches in length.

The vet first tried a double-wheel setup, but settled on a single-wheel design to aid in cornering. Swapping out the wheel is just a matter of clicking a new one into place. Azmanis expects the tortoise to come in for an annual tire change.

This isn't the first Lego leg we've seen. Human Christina Stephens built herself a lower-leg Lego prosthetic as a humorous experiment rather than a practical creation. It looks like Schildi the tortoise will fare a bit better with the longevity of his toy-block mobility solution.

So :unsmith:, but the tortoise picture is pretty sad.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
From the movie poster thread:

Waffleman_ posted:

Movie is gonna own bones.

I concur.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

What the hell happened to that minifig? Did he get cooked on re-entry?

That model in the background owns bones though. It sort of looks like a reimagining of the ship from 6970 mushed with some traits of the galaxy explorer.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Texture on that spaceman is unreal.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Purple white and green is a killer combination.

Does anyone have the Baxter Stockman tmnt set. Would you recommend it over the shellraiser. I only ask because both cost a kidney.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

xzzy posted:

What the hell happened to that minifig? Did he get cooked on re-entry?

That model in the background owns bones though. It sort of looks like a reimagining of the ship from 6970 mushed with some traits of the galaxy explorer.

So want to build that ship in the background now. But I don't have any of the 4x8 wings that classic space used for ships. Well. I have 7 or 8 sets of them but they're all on rebuilds that I don't want to tear apart at the moment.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

ltr posted:

So want to build that ship in the background now. But I don't have any of the 4x8 wings that classic space used for ships. Well. I have 7 or 8 sets of them but they're all on rebuilds that I don't want to tear apart at the moment.

Not sure those are classic wings, the slanted edges on those are smooth and the model in the picture has holes for studs. They might be the 2x4 wing bits that showed up in star wars sets.

I have pretty much everything except for the canopy and the blue engine bits. Probably not the fairings next to the canopy either. :smith:

Hopefully they release it as a kit (with busted classic minifig).

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

xzzy posted:

Not sure those are classic wings, the slanted edges on those are smooth and the model in the picture has holes for studs. They might be the 2x4 wing bits that showed up in star wars sets.

I have pretty much everything except for the canopy and the blue engine bits. Probably not the fairings next to the canopy either. :smith:

Hopefully they release it as a kit (with busted classic minifig).

I can't figure out what canopy that is yet but I think the front wing is the dual wing one with the cutout like http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=4475

EDIT: If this is the canopy, http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=92579 It was never offered in trans yellow, but I have one in trans black. I need to figure out what those fairings are and then find some 4x4 wings to start work.

ltr fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Nov 12, 2013

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

Look more closely at the front "wings." They're notched so they can be placed on top of studs. This isn't consistent with 4475. Looks like either 43723 and its partner or 48183.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What if it's a special part that exists only in CGI-land.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

OpenlyEvilJello posted:

Look more closely at the front "wings." They're notched so they can be placed on top of studs. This isn't consistent with 4475. Looks like either 43723 and its partner or 48183.

I think I figured out the front. It's a 6x3 54384 followed by a the 4x2 and 3x2 ontop of that, though it could be the ones with notches like 48183. From a zoom in of the picture it looks like the notched ones.

Behind this where the blue fairing is, it loos like another 6x3 though without building the cockpit area, I'm not sure how it connects.

Something like this:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

OpenlyEvilJello posted:

Looks like either 43723 and its partner

There's a four stud version of that one too that would work. Phone posting so I ain't taking the time to dig it up but I know it's out there.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Went a bit further with figuring out the ship.

Obviously my colors are horribly off and missing several pieces, but I think I have most of the design sorted out. One of the big remaining problems is the cockpit. The bottom needs to be dropped down lower so the pilot can sit further forward. Also not convinced that the fairings are correct, but nothing closer is listed on bricklink. I need to pull apart the section behind the cockpit and rebuild it because it's structurally weak and it's easy for sections to come loose. The transition from square to round bricks on the rocket pod is not correct, I know what part it is, just don't have it.

Once I have the problems figured out, I think I'll order the parts from bricklink to make the correct color ship(except the trans yellow cover since it does not exist yet). It uses light bluish gray so prices should not be horrible.

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad
Relatively minor, but the wingtip guns use this, not this. The stop ring is held between the clips. Also, I found the part that goes with the round 1x1 tile in the jet housing, though it doesn't seem very common.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Kiavahr posted:

Relatively minor, but the wingtip guns use this, not this. The stop ring is held between the clips. Also, I found the part that goes with the round 1x1 tile in the jet housing, though it doesn't seem very common.

Yeah, I knew the wing tip guns were wrong, the antennas were used as a quick fix. But thanks for the link so I can add them to my want list. The piece to go into the jet housing is not common, but there's a good number of them on bricklink, just need to figure out which place to order them from.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

SynthOrange posted:

What if it's a special part that exists only in CGI-land.

These don't exist. One of the stipulations for the film's design was that every model featured should actually be billable with existing pieces and legal connections.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Speaking of part limitations, the Pet Shop has an interesting one. Its main color is sand blue, but they don't currently have a basic 1x2 brick in that color, so they have to use the notched version everywhere, even though it really doesn't make any sense.

The piece they should use was only in a few sets in 2003/2004.

http://brickowl.com/catalog/lego-sand-blue-brick-1-x-2-3004

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

smackfu posted:

Speaking of part limitations, the Pet Shop has an interesting one. Its main color is sand blue, but they don't currently have a basic 1x2 brick in that color, so they have to use the notched version everywhere, even though it really doesn't make any sense.

The piece they should use was only in a few sets in 2003/2004.

http://brickowl.com/catalog/lego-sand-blue-brick-1-x-2-3004

I noticed that too, kept waiting for it to make sense.
Still, great set and both really fun builds. I hope they do another split modular.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

That reminds me, Fire Brigade, Pet Shop and Grand Emporium are finishing this year.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

PriorMarcus posted:

That reminds me, Fire Brigade, Pet Shop and Grand Emporium are finishing this year.

As in December 31st?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Lizard Combatant posted:

As in December 31st?

Supposedly, yep. Apparently they only want three modular buildings in rotation at any time now.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

PriorMarcus posted:

Supposedly, yep. Apparently they only want three modular buildings in rotation at any time now.

Thanks for the heads up, I got the one I wanted but I'll let my friend who wants the fire station know that time's nearly up.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Looks like I am going to have to track down and frame some of those movie posters, those are going to look great over my Lego filled shelves.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

Does this mean they will make classic space helmets for the movie sets?

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
2014 is gonna be a good year: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hothbricks/

The Hero Factory stuff looks great, even the disney princess stuff, but somehow I'm way more excited about this guy:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Scooped up the Vampire Castle and Ghost Train sets yesterday for $140, TRU is clearing them out, so I figured it was time before they're gone completely.

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr
Whats the deal with the simpsons lego in that photostream?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The Duck of Death posted:

Not so far.

The series 12 lineup has no space minifig, and none of the tie-in sets announced so far use a classic blue/grey color scheme. So best case it's too early to say.. supposedly 17 tie-in sets are due but I've only seen images of 10.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

Rawrbomb posted:

Whats the deal with the simpsons lego in that photostream?

Series 13 of the collectible mini-figs is rumored to be all Simpson's characters.

MichaelFlatley
Nov 11, 2002

The Duck of Death posted:

This looks like a regular space helmet rather than classic to me

ltr posted:

One of the big remaining problems is the cockpit

I think it's a bit like this

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

I thought about using just the 33 and 45 degree inverted bricks like a lot of classic space use, but thought I would go with some other pieces. Clearly missing pieces again but you get the idea.

It's a bit more streamlined this way so I think it fits the updated aesthetic a little better. Of course with no views of the bottom or the back, it's up to our imaginations to figure it out. I think my final version is going to push the rear inverted slope two studs back and hopefully help balance it out more.

I also ordered all the pieces plus some extras to get the bottom looking better this morning. Hopefully in a week I'll have my own new classic space ship.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I say you build out the bottom out of layered wing pieces, similar to the top. I'm a giant sucker for that look though.

Kind of like what this guy did:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rival_m/5008868807/in/photostream/

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

A Flash minifigure and the Lego movie coming out a day before my birthday? 2014, best year.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Anyone have any news about the Black Friday or Cyber Monday sales? Since some of the sets are going to retire, I think I'm going to pick up all 3 sets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lego Disney Friends? Makes sense I guess.

edit: Oh man that tiny Emerald Express is adorable.