Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

M42 posted:

Two horizontally stacked round headlights are my fave. poo poo looks like a cyborg.

^ Don't bother trying to find the last one. Guy took em off a ferarri.

That first one is sick!

Snowdens Secret posted:

They should've adapted something from the Daytona 675. It may have required a vestigal fairing, but the S3's major competitors (Duc Streetfighter, Z1000, Tuono) all have way more plastic, and that didn't keep Triumph from putting the goofy/fragile little radiator wings on.

I like the super-stripped down look. A little front fairing ruins it for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Snowdens Secret posted:

If you can run a 1200cc twin in WSB presumably the rules do or can allow for 1100cc Triples. Good luck finding development money.

Well you can run it but you're gonna get bummed in the gob by the 1000cc fours (inline or v) so it's doubtful what good it'll do them.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

BlackMK4 posted:

Ugh, I LOVE the 999 front end.

Well, it's no 749

(but seriously yeah I think that pair are the best looking Ducatis of the last ten years.)

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Sagebrush posted:

Well, it's no 749

(but seriously yeah I think that pair are the best looking Ducatis of the last ten years.)

Posting the biposto, gosh, what a plebe.

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

That first one is sick!
Previous generation duke 690 headlight.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
The triple should have triple headlights.

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:

Sagebrush posted:

Oh really?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

KodiakRS posted:

Oh really?

Have you ever seen a panigale in person? Packed with senseless over-design and random shields and things because they were so obsessed with a certain look/mass centralisation that they didn't plan where half the parts would go. It really just isn't that great looking, and certainly lacks the ever-contemporary feel the 999 and 916 had.

The rear pipe looping around and the cover over that look like a heamhoroid (sp?).

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

Slavvy posted:

Have you ever seen a panigale in person? Packed with senseless over-design and random shields and things because they were so obsessed with a certain look/mass centralisation that they didn't plan where half the parts would go. It really just isn't that great looking, and certainly lacks the ever-contemporary feel the 999 and 916 had.

The rear pipe looping around and the cover over that look like a heamhoroid (sp?).

Panigale looks really good in person, the nose is perfect. Reminds me of this old honda prototype drawing I saw, looks like a shark.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
The Panigale nose is stunning but I'll agree with Slavvy about the middle half. The rear is only saved by that swingarm+wheel.

Nidhg00670000 posted:

The triple should have triple headlights.

They did that with the Sprint. Triple exhausts, too. It is not considered a styling success.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
No no, three round ones of course!

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
This is the dream of many people with $90 haircuts. http://vimeo.com/43038579 seems fake but is real.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

HNasty posted:

This is the dream of many people with $90 haircuts. http://vimeo.com/43038579 seems fake but is real.

This is ridiculous and stupid beyond belief.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
The only thing that is ridiculous about it is that it doesn't cover the face as well.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

HNasty posted:

Would love to see these malfunction on most of the bicyclists around here and inflate while they are riding.

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!

Snowdens Secret posted:

Re: Triumph, the Triple's lights are supposed to look like a wrecked superbike. The original (actually 2nd gen, but no one remembers the first) double round headlights looked like a wrecked Daytona 955, which had double round headlights under a fairing (the early Triples are very much naked Daytonas with bars and cheaper engine internals.) This time when they decided they wanted a new look they had no superbike to strip, and they weren't going to get a good look from the Sprint or Tiger.

They should've adapted something from the Daytona 675. It may have required a vestigal fairing, but the S3's major competitors (Duc Streetfighter, Z1000, Tuono) all have way more plastic, and that didn't keep Triumph from putting the goofy/fragile little radiator wings on.

I'll admit, before I bought my Triple I googled "Street Triple Daytona 675 headlight swap" or words to that effect on more than one occasion, and was disappointed to see that nobody had done it. I think that could look really cool, and yay, projectors.

And yeah, I find the throttle quite snatchy myself, however I'm sure this is exacerbated by tending to be lower down in the rev range a lot during the break-in period, in that 5-6000 RPM lean hole (not that I've been strictly limiting myself). As I'm coming out of the run-in period now I wonder if I'll notice it less as I'll likely be spending more time at higher rev ranges.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The airbag helmet is an interesting idea. Old news, and it hasn't evolved since that video came out last year, but they do appear to have a prototype that works and that's interesting.

I wonder how they will address this? Or if it even came up in their research?

"Oh, that's motorcycle crashes. We are looking at bicycle accidents."

VVVV since I started riding a motorcycle, I have been pretty uncomfortable with my little foam hat that I wear when I'm cycling. I kind of want to get a downhill helmet with the carbon chin bar.

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH

nsaP posted:

The only thing that is ridiculous about it is that it doesn't cover the face as well.

Most bicycle helmets don't do this at all though

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I guess the reasoning is that on a motorbike you're moving fast enough that any part of your head touching the ground is Very Bad. Whereas on a pushbike, landing on your face at low speeds is ugly and nasty but not that likely to kill you or brain damage you compared to bumping your skull on a kerb falling off.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
The progressive motorcycle show that's touring made its stop in Dallas:

Here's my album from the show

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

The airbag helmet is an interesting idea. Old news, and it hasn't evolved since that video came out last year, but they do appear to have a prototype that works and that's interesting.

I wonder how they will address this? Or if it even came up in their research?

"Oh, that's motorcycle crashes. We are looking at bicycle accidents."

VVVV since I started riding a motorcycle, I have been pretty uncomfortable with my little foam hat that I wear when I'm cycling. I kind of want to get a downhill helmet with the carbon chin bar.

The big quiff-like thing over the top of the head is supposed to stop your face hitting the floor/car/wall. Although given the lower speeds and masses involved with bicycle crashes I wouldn't be surprised if that distribution of damage was slightly different (but equally wouldn't be surprised if it were exactly the same for that matter).

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Skreemer posted:

The progressive motorcycle show that's touring made its stop in Dallas:

Here's my album from the show

Cool photos. I'm really sad that this bike show stopped coming to Houston. Even worse, it looks like they've basically stopped doing test rides.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Here4DaGangBang posted:

I'll admit, before I bought my Triple I googled "Street Triple Daytona 675 headlight swap" or words to that effect on more than one occasion, and was disappointed to see that nobody had done it. I think that could look really cool, and yay, projectors.

http://thekneeslider.com/six-monkees-daytona-1050-speed-triple-full-fairing-superbike-conversion/

There's a natural lower ridge under the lights where you could split off the lower fairings, but I don't see a good line to trim the upper to not interfere with stock bars.

For a while I thought about buying just the headlight assembly with no fairing at all and trying to see how it fit. Certainly would make for an angrier look

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

It's actually been on the market for a while. And surprisingly, it's CE approved as a bicycle helmet.

It's $450 / €400 though.

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!

Snowdens Secret posted:

http://thekneeslider.com/six-monkees-daytona-1050-speed-triple-full-fairing-superbike-conversion/

There's a natural lower ridge under the lights where you could split off the lower fairings, but I don't see a good line to trim the upper to not interfere with stock bars.

For a while I thought about buying just the headlight assembly with no fairing at all and trying to see how it fit. Certainly would make for an angrier look

Yeah, seeing the shape of that assembly without the fairings I don't think it would work well at all, at least not with the flyscreen. Also the back of the headlights from a faired bike are going to look like they weren't meant to be seen by the outside world, so wouldn't look the best out on display.

Stugazi
Mar 1, 2004

Who me, Bitter?
Triumph supremacy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Flb8tg9I988

That whole channel is pretty good. Here's another one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEcUy--agT4

Stugazi fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Nov 11, 2013

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

We'll talk to you about anything, 24/7, but it'll still take three weeks to get there

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

So a new Diavel can be a practical bike, it turns out.

According to my friends, the pushbike is worth about $15K.

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
Bad judgement, lots of luck

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e69_1384052615
from Reddit

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Kudos to whoever bought that.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Can we take a moment to admire my new avatar, it's a thing of beauty built out of rage tears.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

HNasty posted:

Can we take a moment to admire my new avatar, it's a thing of beauty built out of rage tears.

Hahaha what did you do to deserve that?

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

I love me some full-faired 1125.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

Hahaha what did you do to deserve that?

I wish to god I knew but I'm gonna take credit anyway :smug:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

clutchpuck posted:

I love me some full-faired 1125.

About a hundred times better looking than factory. That still puts it a hundred times worse looking than a normal sportsbike. I'd love to ride one though.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

HNasty posted:

I wish to god I knew but I'm gonna take credit anyway :smug:

Admit it you bought that for yourself

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

nsaP posted:

Kudos to whoever bought that.

I look over my shoulder every time I'm browsing CA at work now :(

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

hot sauce posted:

I look over my shoulder every time I'm browsing CA at work now :(

WebSense blocks all SA-hosted images at work here :smug:

Of course this means post/quote/edit/reply buttons are blocked down to a single pixel too. :geno:

_Dav
Dec 24, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvmBLqjaZxY

Inside-cylinder high-speed video, pretty cool..

_Dav fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Nov 12, 2013

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
New rnmickeymouse video of someone panic braking in a turn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBils1cdNg4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

hot sauce posted:

New rnmickeymouse video of someone panic braking in a turn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBils1cdNg4

The slowmo of that is hilarious. Turn is over, time to GRAB HANDFUL OF BRAKE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY8RW8IsvxA

Trying to figure out how to PERFECT THIS. HUGHNNGNNNNGNGNGNNNNGNGNNGNNGN UHNGNGNGNNGN

Z3n fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Nov 12, 2013