Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Whizbang posted:

It's going to be a pointy red hairband, the whole thing would look really stupid.

If it's Whedon and no one tells him no...hooo boy, lets hope the designers and people making it turn it into something special. I can see it being good if it's kind of a headband that flows back with her hair and a bit understated at an angle than something that stands straight up. If it's someone else making the call we might avoid a Captain America costume fiasco.

The original Cap and the Super Soldier outfit for Cap 2 look great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Gatts posted:

...we might avoid a Captain America costume fiasco. .

It wasn't THAT bad. The helmet just didn't quite work. The rest of the outfit was fine.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

DFu4ever posted:

It wasn't THAT bad. The helmet just didn't quite work. The rest of the outfit was fine.

It was not even close to a fiasco.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Crowetron posted:

People said a talking raccoon with a machine gun would look stupid, but GUESS WHAT!

No one ever said that.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

The MSJ posted:

It would really be great if the events of New York and then London in the Marvel Cinematic Universe lead to the formation of MI13.

If the Doctor Strange movie is happening, maybe we can expect more Infinity Stones to be introduced then.

Who would play Dr Strange? My favorites are Jeffrey Combs(he already played the role in a movie that lost the license part way through production), Ron Glass(beside being perfect to act the role he's one of Joss Whedon's crew so more likely to be written into the later main movies), or Keanu Reeves(Hollywood loves him, he can grow the perfect beard for the part, and he's really good at looking spaced enough to be in the astral plain.)

Comedy option: Danny McBride(looks like if Dr. Strange was "Sorrrta passed highschool maybe" Strange)

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Wasn't Viggo Mortensen attached to play Doctor Strange? I know that was a rumour for a while when Thor 2 was filming.

He would make a amazing Doctor Strange.

Professor Dog
Jul 25, 2007
David Bowie.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Professor Dog posted:

David Bowie.

I'd be down with Goblin King Strange.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Waterhaul posted:

Could the long national nightmare be over? Could we finally be free of the terrible skull design for the mask?
Wait, was there a problem with the mask in the Dark Knight trilogy? :confused:

Hollismason posted:

Michael Bay is way better than Zack Snyder.
The faintest of praise.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

The faintest of praise.

Unless he's saying it like they do in CineD, in which case it's as normal as saying "Pain & Gain is better than Man of Steel".

edit: VVV Haven't watched my Pain & Gain Blu-ray yet, but I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't like the Current Releases review.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Nov 12, 2013

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Pain and Gain is a better movie than Man of Steel.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Pain and Gain is a better movie than most superhero movies. It also convinced me that The Rock, in addition to everything else, would be a great Hourman.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DFu4ever posted:

Yeah, I'm shocked at how many people like the awkward WW2 costume better. The best he looked in those scenes was the prison rescue sequence with the bomber jacker over the stage costume.

ninja edit: OK, looking back over pictures, instead of my memory, the WW2 one isn't as bad as I remember, but the shoulder pads still bug me.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
There was a rumor a while back about Clooney as Strange, and I think that would be A Cool Thing

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Y'know, I think "arrogant douchebag who had things a bit too easy until he got brought down to Earth and humbled and is now basically kind, if a little bit disconnected from all your bullshit" might be in Clooney's range, yes.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I've always wanted Clooney as Reed Richards with Clive Owen as Dr. Doom.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Thanks to The Venture Brothers, anything other than Stephen Colbert as Reed Richards is heresy.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

404GoonNotFound posted:

Thanks to The Venture Brothers, anything other than Stephen Colbert as Reed Richards is heresy.

He has not been Professor Impossible for the last couple of seasons.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

He has not been Professor Impossible for the last couple of seasons.
And it has been a crying shame.

Titus Welliver is still my go-to Doctor Strange and all your other choices are dumb.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

redbackground posted:

And it has been a crying shame.

Titus Welliver is still my go-to Doctor Strange and all your other choices are dumb.
Doc Hammer should be Doctor Stange :colbert:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Matthew Fox should play Strange, like Jack from Lost except with magic powers.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Metal Loaf posted:

Matthew Fox should play Strange, like Jack from Lost except with magic powers.

Christian Bale for Doctor Strange, revisiting his Prestige role.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
John Waters for Dr. Strange.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Idris Elba for Dr. Strange.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
We need somebody good at jobbing, we should probably look into getting a wrestler.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Madkal posted:

Idris Elba for Dr. Strange.

He'd be really good for the role, actually. He's got the screen presence and gravity to actually make half the retarded nonsense Strange spouts not feel totally stupid and goofy.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I still say Matthew Berry

basicblack
Oct 9, 2004

That basic little black dress.

John Noble for Doctor Strange.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Opopanax posted:

I still say Matthew Berry

I'm imagining him shouting "by the hoary hosts of Hoggoth" and it's the happiest thought I've ever had.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Gatts posted:

I've always wanted Clooney as Reed Richards with Clive Owen as Dr. Doom.

I've always thought casting Doom is like casting Darth Vader -- you want the best loving voice possible. I'd go for someone like Benedict Cumberbatch, or hell, James Earl Jones if he's down.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I've always thought casting Doom is like casting Darth Vader -- you want the best loving voice possible. I'd go for someone like Benedict Cumberbatch, or gently caress, James Earl Jones if he's down.

Wow I'm hard pressed to think of someone worse than that.
On second thought I wouldn't actually have to see his face so that makes it better.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
If he was a bit younger, I reckon Frank Langella could probably pull off full-on comic book Doom.

Edit: Additionally, here's an article I found which looks at a possible Easter egg from Thor 2.

Wheat Loaf fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Nov 13, 2013

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I've always thought casting Doom is like casting Darth Vader -- you want the best loving voice possible. I'd go for someone like Benedict Cumberbatch, or hell, James Earl Jones if he's down.

This is pretty much my exact thought as well. Get a good stunt actor with the right build, and who isn't going to care about having their face covered the whole drat thing, and then cast a professional voice actor to handle the speak-y bits. There's plenty of talented people who could knock Doom out of the park, but wouldn't fit the physical part of the role.

I'm still really sad that Dredd didn't do better, as I'd have loved to see it usher in this idea that a leading actor can have their face covered for the entire film and still pull off a fantastic performance.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I feel like James Purefoy, who you know would be down since he almost played V in V for Vendetta, would nail it. He has a cool voice, and based on Rome, he's great at spiteful ranting.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Gatts posted:

John Waters for Dr. Strange.

We have a winner.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

I feel like James Purefoy, who you know would be down since he almost played V in V for Vendetta, would nail it. He has a cool voice, and based on Rome, he's great at spiteful ranting.

I thought he left since he had to wear a mask?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

I thought he left since he had to wear a mask?

Oh, is that why he left? Nevermind then I guess.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

This is pretty much my exact thought as well. Get a good stunt actor with the right build, and who isn't going to care about having their face covered the whole drat thing, and then cast a professional voice actor to handle the speak-y bits. There's plenty of talented people who could knock Doom out of the park, but wouldn't fit the physical part of the role.

I'm still really sad that Dredd didn't do better, as I'd have loved to see it usher in this idea that a leading actor can have their face covered for the entire film and still pull off a fantastic performance.

I thought Hugo Weaving was incredible in V For Vendetta. He sounded like I always imagined V would sound.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I thought Hugo Weaving was incredible in V For Vendetta. He sounded like I always imagined V would sound.

I know he was already Red Skull, but gently caress it, Hugo Weaving for Dr. loving Doom.

A dash of V, a pinch of agent Smith, sprinkle in some Megatron, and bam, Dr. Doom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He's said he's not interested in coming back as Red Skull so I guess he could play Doom too.

• Locked thread