Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

Darth Freddy posted:

Rubys knife is bad rear end but I wish they had lost it. Around the time of the horsemen episodes they just started stabbing the gently caress out of every one and everything. It was around the "war" episode that I started to notice it.

So now they have the angel blade that can kill, demons, angels, reapers, probbaly shifters, vamps and everything else too. Everything is going to die.

What I really want to see is more non-American supernatural stuff. Get some monsters really steeped in voodoo. maybe some things from out in Japan, New Zealand, hell Mexico is right there, get some of those.

Right? They could get three seasons out of Southeast Asian monsters alone. Maybe an episode where they run into a Penanggalan and can't stop puking whenever they look at her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
An episode where they actually chase a beast and not a humanoid would be pretty cool, like a Phoenix or some equivalent (e.g., the Chinese Fenghuang). I'd think it'd sorta be like that episode of Fringe in Season 1 when they try to capture that Chimera.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

The Red Queen posted:

Right? They could get three seasons out of Southeast Asian monsters alone. Maybe an episode where they run into a Penanggalan and can't stop puking whenever they look at her.

I've always wished the brothers would leave the US, to really jumpstart a different feel to the show. Probably too late now.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

TheChad posted:

I've always wished the brothers would leave the US, to really jumpstart a different feel to the show. Probably too late now.

How would they communicate with people? Leaving the US and still talking in perfect english with everyone is kind of not really leaving the US. Different locales are hard to do well, although I agree that foreign mythology would be nice to work in more.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

TheChad posted:

Or then we'd discover all the other different parts of the world that look strangely like Vancouver. Mediterranean Greece? Look at all those trees! Welcome to snowy Barcelona!

They could probably ship over to Montreal for France scenes though.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Darth Freddy posted:

Rubys knife is bad rear end but I wish they had lost it. Around the time of the horsemen episodes they just started stabbing the gently caress out of every one and everything. It was around the "war" episode that I started to notice it.

So now they have the angel blade that can kill, demons, angels, reapers, probbaly shifters, vamps and everything else too. Everything is going to die.

What I really want to see is more non-American supernatural stuff. Get some monsters really steeped in voodoo. maybe some things from out in Japan, New Zealand, hell Mexico is right there, get some of those.

You should check the 'Coyote's Kiss' novel. The boys got wrapped on an investigation regarding aztec deities and travel to Mexico. Pretty entertaining and uses souless Sam like a pretty clever plot point.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I liked this episode but then again I shamelessly love anything Supernatural.

So apparently there's a spinoff in the works and an episode this season will serve as a potential backdoor pilot? Please be awesome and give us plenty more seasons of awesomeness. :pray:

I'm still disappointed it's not Supernatural's Oz.

cool kids inc. posted:

Or then we'd discover all the other different parts of the world that look strangely like Vancouver. Mediterranean Greece? Look at all those trees! Welcome to snowy Barcelona!

They could probably ship over to Montreal for France scenes though.

Montreal can't pass for France, too much French.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

TheChad posted:

I don't think their cover would fly if they were posing as Federal Agent of (enter name of country here) with an American accent. Although bad foreign accents would be part of the fun (for us).

This would have been a terrible episode had it not been for a few clever jokes and gags that made the bad jokes and gags tolerable.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

Doctor Butts posted:

I don't think their cover would fly if they were posing as Federal Agent of (enter name of country here) with an American accent. Although bad foreign accents would be part of the fun (for us).

This somehow gave me the vision of Sam & Dean in luchador masks hunting spooks in Old Mexico.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

computer parts posted:

An episode where they actually chase a beast and not a humanoid would be pretty cool, like a Phoenix or some equivalent (e.g., the Chinese Fenghuang). I'd think it'd sorta be like that episode of Fringe in Season 1 when they try to capture that Chimera.

I think the answer to this is budgetary in nature. See for example how all monsters look human, including ones called "Leviathans."

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Astroman posted:

I think the answer to this is budgetary in nature. See for example how all monsters look human, including ones called "Leviathans."

Is a shame that the anime didn't work out. It was fantastic to see real monsters for once, and I was looking forward for see their take on seasons 4-5 :smith:

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Astroman posted:

Even the dragons were human!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Astroman posted:

Yeah I know (and that was actually to the show's benefit in the first two seasons; poo poo was scary!) but I'd like just one episode of something *really* weird doing something, even if you only rarely see it (like the Ice Warrior episode of Doctor Who from last season I guess).

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.

computer parts posted:

Yeah I know (and that was actually to the show's benefit in the first two seasons; poo poo was scary!) but I'd like just one episode of something *really* weird doing something, even if you only rarely see it (like the Ice Warrior episode of Doctor Who from last season I guess).

I suddenly thought of a Dr. Who crossover where the boys spend the entire time trying to stab him and find out that Angel Blades do work on Daleks because they were one of Gods "side projects"

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

McSpanky posted:

It also had the best background gag. "I lost my shoe. :smith:" Amazing episode, even though it introduced Bella.

Are you mad Sir, Bella was loving great...

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

TheChad posted:

They already have a reason why that will not work as Dean has that fear of flying.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

Doctor Butts posted:

I don't think their cover would fly if they were posing as Federal Agent of (enter name of country here) with an American accent.

Your not making me want it less. :D

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Doctor Butts posted:

They could just be US agents overseas. NCIS and the FBI have lots of overseas offices. There was a serial murder case in Europe in the 90s where a German couple (I think, that's the country where it started, may not be their nationalities) was killing US and other tourists in Europe and stealing their passports and identities. That involved a lot of cooperation between police forces of different countries. Not that it'll ever happen...

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

AuntBuck posted:

They could just be US agents overseas. NCIS and the FBI have lots of overseas offices. There was a serial murder case in Europe in the 90s where a German couple (I think, that's the country where it started, may not be their nationalities) was killing US and other tourists in Europe and stealing their passports and identities. That involved a lot of cooperation between police forces of different countries. Not that it'll ever happen...

Two overseas hunters pretending to be local law enforcement can help them "sell" it but they finally have their cover blown when they refer to themselves as Agents Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young.

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.
I don't know how people feel about Buzzfeed articles on here (they're sorta my guilty pleasure :ohdear: ) I just saw this one, which I think was appropriate given the recent discussion about crazy episodes 25 Most WTF Episodes of Supernatural

They totally forgot Wishful Thinking though :colbert:

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Oh Cas, don't you remember the last ten times you slept with a woman and she ended up trying to kill you?

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Ew.

Edit: Cas :3:

Kammat fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Nov 13, 2013

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I didn't know George's answering machine was actually based on a real song.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

computer parts posted:

I didn't know George's answering machine was actually based on a real song.

Yup, theme song for The Greatest American Hero.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Rewatching season 2, and I had no idea Benny from last season was totally on an earlier episode (Eli, on "Bloodlust"). Has that happened before on Supernatural? The same actor playing two different roles without any sort of in-show justification?

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

EC posted:

Rewatching season 2, and I had no idea Benny from last season was totally on an earlier episode (Eli, on "Bloodlust"). Has that happened before on Supernatural? The same actor playing two different roles without any sort of in-show justification?

After nine season's thier probably running low on Vancouver actors.

frgildan fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Nov 13, 2013

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
So... wait. Did Crowley just mainline human blood? Why? Is he trying to dilute Sam's purified blood with Kevin's dirty, dirty prophet blood? Is he just addicted to that good, clean, human feeling? WTF? :psyduck:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
It was cool having a non-Zeke episode, bonus points for Cass & Crowley.

Spergatory posted:

So... wait. Did Crowley just mainline human blood? Why? Is he trying to dilute Sam's purified blood with Kevin's dirty, dirty prophet blood? Is he just addicted to that good, clean, human feeling? WTF? :psyduck:

Either that or prophet blood does something special, but yeah probably he just gets off on it.

Also it looks like we have a good old fashioned ghost episode next week! :unsmith:

Coulrophobia
Oct 11, 2012
Crowley being addicted to blood? I can't safely say I saw that one coming.

EC posted:

Samandriel was played by the same dude that was the weird bug kid in "Bugs", and I think the girl who plays Robin in next week's episode is also another actor.

Recasting isn't uncommon, though it seems like they've been doing it a lot lately.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

Spergatory posted:

I'm going with addicted to the human feeling. He's a damned soul that got a taste of redemption. That's gotta be a bit of a high.

OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

frgildan posted:

After nine season's thier probably running low on Vancouver actors.

It's easy to see why, especially when they waste decent actors on throwaway parts (sorry Helo, apparently nobody like you post BSG).

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

OptimusWang posted:

It's easy to see why, especially when they waste decent actors on throwaway parts (sorry Helo, apparently nobody like you post BSG).

They made such a big deal about Helo joining it has to be for more than a couple of episodes, right?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Can any of you awesome gif makers get me an image of Crowley throwing that paper at Sam?

And also the Dean/Cas thumbs up scene.

Please and thank you!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
CW Spin off idea.

Castiel: Poon Hound.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Did Dean kick Castiel out of the bunker with nothing? You think he could have given him some cash or more then 1 set of clothes.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

pentyne posted:

Did Dean kick Castiel out of the bunker with nothing? You think he could have given him some cash or more then 1 set of clothes.

I figure "Steve" is an identity Dean forged for Castiel because there aren't many convenience stores that hire people right off the street with no social security. So he might have at least done that for him

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Who can it be? Believe it or not, it's just me.

*has a cry*

Greatest American Hero was my FAVORITE SHOW for ages. My heart got all glad there.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

DarklyDreaming posted:

I figure "Steve" is an identity Dean forged for Castiel because there aren't many convenience stores that hire people right off the street with no social security. So he might have at least done that for him

No, Dean was surprised by the new name.

But seriously, not even bothering to set up Castiel with a place to live? They've always avoided mentioning how Sam and Dean pay for stuff outside of 'credit card theft' but making Castiel a transient with 1 set of clothes seems pretty extreme. I was thinking Dean would send him off with a satchel of weapons, holy oil, and a couple grand to get started but not kick him straight out to where Castiel is sleeping in a tool shed and owns 1 pair of clothes.

Also, am I the only one seeing the weird overtones to Castiel being the savior/messiah of the angels via sacrificing himself? The whole "the angels need someone" and his grace being used to power the spell indicate pretty heavily that even though Crowley says the spell is irreversible that's only what Metatron wrote and might not be true.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
"Oh yes, I'm a demon who's tried to kill you dozens of times. This language that only I can read? I am totally giving you the right translation. Yep. Totally not just pretending to read this gibberish."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Writer Cath posted:

"Oh yes, I'm a demon who's tried to kill you dozens of times. This language that only I can read? I am totally giving you the right translation. Yep. Totally not just pretending to read this gibberish."

Crowley keeps his deals, that's why they keep using him.

• Locked thread